PDA

View Full Version : 2006 predictions?

fusion
01-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Any thoughts on what will be the big hits/misses of 2006? Anything around today that you are sure won't see 2007?

the saint
01-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Gone will be MDX, at least one if not all of diet cokes variations from the original, I do not know if trop twister soda will cling to life or not, dr pepper berries and cream, blak, sparkling/ carbonated flavored aquafina/ dasani.
Big hits will be Grape aquafina, dasani still water flavors, still wondering about bcv coke, vault I am sure will do well for the first year,I think that both Pepsi and coke distributed energy drinks will continue to climb and red bull will continue to fall ( rb will remain at the top of the heap but will lose share) Well that about sums up my thoughts, my brain hurts now.

fusion
01-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I saw something when I was at Food Lion the other day.. They had some sort of push on MDX, and it only sold 1/3 of what they had expected it to.

If people don't know what something is, most of them won't try it.

As long as the energy drink market share keeps growing as fast as it is, Red Bull can afford to lose market share and still make a ton of money and increase their sales.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Tab Energy or 7up Plus.

the saint
01-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Technically I did mention Tab energy in the Pepsi and coke distributed energy drinks but specifically no I did not. 7up plus is well I do not know more than likely it will go the way of the dodo bird but if this year or not I don't know.
Agreed with your statement if people do not know what it is they won't try it. Most people seen the name mountain dew, the $1.50 price tag and 14 oz bottle and said I can get a 2 liter cheaper.
What are your thought on this subject sir?

[ 01-11-2006, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

fusion
01-12-2006, 12:02 AM
On MDX? I see it going away. Powerade Advance, too.

The Cherry Vanilla segment will probably do well, with the intro of Pepsi's version and the continuation of the Dr Pepper version. I don't think Fresca Black Cherry will make it, though.

Once it gets a nationwide push, I think Vault will actually do quite well.

Tab Energy and probably at least one other Coke e-drink won't be around for 2007.

The water category is expanding at leaps and bounds. Carbonated water sounds like seltzer to me. Time will tell if Pepsi and Coke can make a real go of this segment. I do see the flavored offerings from Coke and Pepsi continuing to do well. Though I would have expected to see them available in a smaller bottle package (CCBCC does flavored Dasani in a 12oz 8pk).

8.4oz e-drinks are dead for the most part. I can see Pepsi killing off Amp and A-rush 8.4s.

I also expect to see a lot more multipacks of energy drinks. I am seeing 12 packs of Red Bull now, for around $22 at Wally. The 4pk seems to be the norm, though.

I don't usually have a good handle on the Pepsi world, because we compete with an indie in the area I work in. They don't carry a lot of products, and their pricing is usually much higher than PBG on what they do carry.

They only carry Orange Twister, and their 24pk line is maybe eight brands (including Pepper). They buy them from PBG-Johnstown PA, who produces every flavor under the sun in 24pks.

Mr Zabe
01-12-2006, 04:28 AM
My predictions.

MDX will get past 2006 and die a slow death in 2007 fist quarter. It will be given one last big marketing push and then it will be sold for $.99 a 14oz bottle. RIP in 2007.

Like has been said, all Coca Cola flavors except Cherry, and the new BCVC will be dropped.

Pepsi will launch a hardcore Raspberry Cola soda pop that will be the talk of the industry. (Prediction only, no facts to support this.)

Coke Zero will continue have strong sales growth.
Coke will launch a new sales campaign, "You Don't Have to Be A Hero To Drink Coke Zero."

7up will launch a prune juice (10% juice) 7up soda pop targeted to the aging baby boomers and the geriatric demographic. The slogan will be,"Nip It At The Bud With Prune Juice Fortified 7up Soda Pop."

[ 01-12-2006, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ron Swedelson
01-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I heard about the Red Bull 12 packs almost a year ago. Are they in just a half case shrink wrap, or more like a fridge pack?

I do agree on the 8oz energy drink market dieing off, but mainly because at the 8oz size you cant compete with Red Bull, and the other drinks twice their size are stealing the rest of the business for the same price. The big question will be, if Red Bull, even with great increasing sales, gets tiered of loosing overall market share and goes for the bigger can. They have bigger sizes in other countries. But at the same time, look at the overall sales of Red Bull to the other drinks, you cant touch them. So is there a need to switch, no. But just cause you are leading the race by miles, do you start to jog and let the gap narrow, or do you give it all you got and just continue to dominate?

fusion
01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Ahh, the tortise and the hare! I think eventually RB will bring out a 16oz can once they lose a very significant portion of the market share. But I can still see them carrying the 8.4 for on-premise accounts.

The 12 packs look like fridge packs. Not sure if there is an actual fridge pack opening - I haven't examined the box closely.

popologist
01-12-2006, 12:16 PM
coke zero will crack the "top ten" by the end of 2006... surpassing caffeine-free diet coke.

[ 01-12-2006, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: popologist ]

greg
01-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
Technically I did mention Tab energy in the Pepsi and coke distributed energy drinks but specifically no I did not. 7up plus is well I do not know more than likely it will go the way of the dodo bird but if this year or not I don't know.
Agreed with your statement if people do not know what it is they won't try it. Most people seen the name mountain dew, the $1.50 price tag and 14 oz bottle and said I can get a 2 liter cheaper.
What are your thought on this subject sir? Price matters but explain why people have no problem buying a 20oz PET bottle for $1.29 when the 2 liter on the shelf is on sale at $1.19.
Convenience, instant gratification, impulse buy,
???????

Mr Zabe
01-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Have you ever tried to drink a cold 2ltr bottle of soda pop while your driving down a city road? For the on the go consumer, size does matter. LOL

[ 01-13-2006, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

greg
01-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by fusion:

8.4oz e-drinks are dead for the most part. I can see Pepsi killing off Amp and A-rush 8.4s.

I also expect to see a lot more multipacks of energy drinks. I am seeing 12 packs of Red Bull now, for around $22 at Wally. The 4pk seems to be the norm, though.

I disagree about the 8.4 oz cans being discontinued. I think people will soon get tired of having to drink 16-24 oz of liquid to get their energy. By the time you finish one of Monsters new 23 oz big boys you are so bloated that you won't feel like doing anything.
I think companies will go to higher strength drinks in lew of larger ones.
Furthermore, I feel the 12 pack RB will be a slow seller at $22 per. Although the price per unit is cheaper than singles off the shelf I don't think the consumer will be willing to make that purchase.
24 pack of budlight or $18.99 or a 12 pack of RB @ $22..........Most folks will go with the Bud!

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-14-2006, 10:20 AM
i agree. i think 16oz energy drinks will die off in 2007, but not 2006.

diet vanilla's gone. so's diet lemon. it's time for coke with lime to go. sprite remix can as well. the minute maid lights and non carbs need to leave the pop sections. i would kill off bcvc and dbcvc by 2007. im just not impressed with the package at all.

vault will do well. coke zero will continue to do well, to the point whee it is made in 6pk cans and 24pk cans, possibly even 1liters

dr pepper berries and cream - poop.
i see one flavor of 7up plus leaving us, probably the yellow.

as for pepsi - those tropicana noncarbs are going to leave. they just die right on the shelf and in the warehouse. twister will go next and slice will come back. mdx is gone and it can take diet mdx with it.

if pepsi does a cherry vanilla, which i don't think it should do, pepsi vanilla is gone. i think lemon/diet lemon and lime pepsi should go away.

coke blak/tab energy - limited releases, limited successes.

as for beer - look for people to start taking the FMB section seriously, with almost a dozen new products coming out.

Mr Zabe
01-14-2006, 11:05 AM
I hope your Slice prediction holds true. There will be new and old happy campers. YUM

popologist
01-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
coke zero will continue to do well, to the point whee it is made in 6pk cans and 24pk cans, possibly even 1liters
coke zero is already sold in 6 pk cans, l.5 liters, 2 liters, and 12 packs where i live (nyc).

as a matter of fact, i just went to three supermarkets and ALL were sold out of zero 12 packs, and only 2 had it in 1.5 liter. so... maybe it's selling out. usually i can find it, but occassionally it will be sold out.

not sure about 24 packs though.

Mr Zabe
01-14-2006, 11:49 AM
FYI
The two major grocery chains store by me have 12pk,20oz and 2lrs of BCVC. I picked up two fridge packs for $2.50 each. I must say I was very impressed with the number of facings that Jewel had in the isle shelves. I was also impressed with how nice the art for the 2lts and fridge paks looked. The two little black/red cherries located towrads the bottom is a big eye grabber.

(I'm savoring a reg can and it is very satisfying. I see BCVC being the break through soda pop that is long over due.)

[ 01-14-2006, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

chrisok
01-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Coke Zero is already in 24 packs in Oklahoma and has been for several months now.

SamC
01-14-2006, 08:48 PM
My predictions:

Coke: Coke Zero will continue to roll out strong, to the point that it will be in the "first line" with Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and so on, by year's end. It WILL crack the top 10.

Balk will be a total failure.

Vault will do ok. Find its niche.

Pepsi: Twister will continue. Nobody will notice.

Mountain Dew will come out with yet another weird limited time variation.

C-S: Berries and Cream will be a failure.

DCVDrP will continue to grow.

Business: CCE will continue to expand. This could be the year that it finally buys CCBCC.

CC Amatil and CCH will likewise buy some new countries and territories.

The energy drink fad is over. 90 cents at Big Lots by year's end.

7 UP, with no support and distribution, will continue its decline.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-15-2006, 09:42 AM
it's so hard for me to see 7up not succeeding because i live in a strong dpsu area.

fusion
01-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by chrisok:
Coke Zero is already in 24 packs in Oklahoma and has been for several months now. Great Plains Coca-Cola territory?

I was just reading an article about them the other day. They are the #1 Fuze distributor!

the saint
01-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes it is GPCC. I would not doubt that they are #1 Fuze distibutor being they leverage Dr Pepper pricing on everything that they carry ( heard this from numerous different people at different accounts) and I am in one of the highest dr pepper markets in the US. They have display racks and/or coolers at every account I have been in, not to mention excessive gondola space.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-16-2006, 04:16 PM
so they take their price on dr pepper and say, "if you don't take fuze or this or that, we'll charge you a buttload for dr pepper?"

the saint
01-16-2006, 05:27 PM
pretty much. they have a pricing structure for coke brands and a pricing structure for dr pepper. every new item is looped into the quarterly dr pepper pricing. if a store has say 2 4ft shelves of fuze and a display rack then they get pepper at x price 1 4 ft shelf and a display pepper is y price no shelves or display pepper is z price. Pepper outsells coke around here so the stores do not want the consumers complaining because coke is $1.19 2 liter and pepper is $1.89 for example.

pepsidew
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
mdx - gone

pepsi vanilla, lime, and twist (regular & diet) - gone

berries & cream dr. pepper will do very well - better then cherry vanilla

no fear gold & the bigger amp will grow better then expected

aquafina grape flavorsplash will do well - which will bring on more flavors - strawberry maybe

i'm sure pepsi will release a cherry vanilla pepsi to copy coke & dr pepper

tropicana twister will get dumped - slice will return

new mountain dew flavor for summer

[ 01-16-2006, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: pepsidew ]

JACK
01-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Interesting analysis of the Fuze distribution and link to DP.

Its great to see a bottler truly value Dr. Pepper and use it as tool. TOO many regulate the growth, even in high per cap markets.

Doesnt Pepsi sell Dr. Pepper in Oklahoma City on in fountain accounts...again...seeing the value

JACK
01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Oops forgot....

Predictions
Continued selling by CS of their brands and companies to continue focus on candy

Sugar drinks will remain flat

continued growth of energy drinks and pricing will decline sharply

pepsidew
01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
i changed my mind on one thing - mdx will not go away - pepsi will push the heck out of it - including regular dew to cut into vault sales

DJ HawaiianShirt
01-23-2006, 09:10 PM
RunWDLG,

Might you be confusing what you think will happen in 2006 and what you want to happen?

All kidding aside, I only disagree with two things.

1) to think that Slice will come back is a longshot

2) I think MDX might stay longer than you think

SEV smile.gif

jblaviback
01-23-2006, 10:20 PM
I agree with pepsi-dew I think Dr. Pepper berries and creme will do better than cherry vanilla.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-23-2006, 10:38 PM
i put my predictions into opinionated wordings. i apologize. i still think a lot of those things are bust. with all the new products coming out, somethings gotta give. now that i'm into category management, this is something that i've learned.

fusion
01-23-2006, 11:24 PM
SEV - Slice IS coming back.

jblaviback
01-24-2006, 12:00 AM
SEV - Slice IS coming back. Fusion- I have a question, how do you know this? Also will this include dr. slice, lemon lime slice ect. ? I would really appreciate the heads up.

JP QuikServ Drinks
01-24-2006, 12:24 AM
can you all help me by saying this to your local delis:

PLEASE GET RID OF ARIZONA CAUTION IN THOSE STUPID YELLOW CANS FOR FRIGGIN 99 CENTS!!!!

sirslash
01-24-2006, 04:05 AM
Slice should come back is sold soooooo much better we just returned 3 cases of unsold tropicana twister.

Any way as predictions go

- MDX will either be released in bigger bottles(cans?) or is pulled out of alot of markets
- Cheerwine will contiue to move to new markets
- COke Zero moves seriously UP
- Vault Rips mellow off the market
- Coke reintroduces Mr. Pibb as a brand name
- sprite remix disapears
- Sobe starts going the way of snapple
- Pepsi will release a new M. Dew and it will be a hit
- Mountain Dew Free will be introduced as new diet m dew
- Dr. Pepper will contiue to be cadbury's best selling product and more version will come
- Coke releases Zero as standard for diet version of coke products (exculding diet coke)

MATHA531
01-24-2006, 05:01 AM
After discovering nobody can stand either bcv coke or bcv diet coke, coke gets rid of the product and re-introduces the much more drinkable vanilla coke and diet coke vanilla

Acheron
01-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Pure speculation based on my unqualified observations:

Trending up:
Coke Zero
Anything Dr. Pepper
Monster
Diets in general
flavored Aquafina/Dasani (though I give the edge to Pepsi on this one) not the carbonated varieties
Sucarlose/Ace-K

trending downward:
Fresca Black Cherry
Coke citrus beverages that aren't Vault
Mt. Dew Code Red
7up Plus Island Fruit
Aspartame

Dead:
Sprite Remix

I really worry about MDX - I'm rather fond of it, and it's been marked down at my store twice - it's now selling at .79 each.

fusion
01-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
Fusion- I have a question, how do you know this? Also will this include dr. slice, lemon lime slice ect. ? I would really appreciate the heads up. A guy in a blue uniform told me. ;)

fusion
01-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
i agree. i think 16oz energy drinks will die off in 2007, but not 2006.
I read that Red Bull is considering testing a 16oz can. They are also pushing their 12 pack in the stores I am in.. But at $20+ a pop, I don't see a lot of action coming out of that package.

Acheron
01-25-2006, 05:14 AM
The only reason I can think of to offer Red Bull in 12 packs is for party-throwers. It's best friend being the gallon of cheap vodka that would likely often accompany it. Good for college towns - not so good everywhere else.

boodoo
01-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Interesting how Jack looks so much like me....

JACK
01-25-2006, 12:16 PM
SORRY Mr. Boodoo...

Just added one and really didnt survey the field...I would like to add something that is not available on the list but do not know how...

Its a Southwest thing...we all look the same

Alligator
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Heres my .12 cents on 2006
16 oz will taper off and red bull will still grow with a bunch of thorns on them.

16 oz got alot of attention because it was a new way to compete. All sales figures are great because of placement. Other than that theres really nothing going on. Sure, some territorys are doing OK with 16 oz but it still does not compete with the sell through of a 8.4 oz red bull. You can't compete on the on prem with 16oz and you bet a tom cruz will never walk around with a 16 oz. So that basically leaves you with cheap people who wants more for the money, who can't buy it in bars and are not concern about fashion and trends. Not to mention lower margins due to increased ingredients to make a 16 oz.

8.4s and red bull signifies fashion and trends. That will always be their.

16oz is about value, that will always be their too.

But if Im wrong, someone slap me so I can go and invest in a flavoring house. They'll be the one making the money.

boodoo
01-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Yep, I hear ya pardner.

gregmech26
01-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream (Raspberry Cream) will dominate 2006 !!!

pepsidew
01-26-2006, 04:47 PM
i hope so smile.gif

pepsidew
02-04-2006, 06:10 PM
diet dew will be reformulated :D

Mr Zabe
02-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Pray tell, will it be a splenda sweetened soda pop or a "Coke Zero" type of sweetner?

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-04-2006, 08:44 PM
fusion, the only reason I think it's not credible that Slice will come back is the fact that Pepsi switched to Sierra Mist only a few years ago and Tropicana Twister only a year ago.

I find it hard to imagine that Pepsi would have the gall to switch back as if it had never happened.

SEV smile.gif

the saint
02-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Slice One tentative roll out is Monday Feb 6. It is a "WalMart exclusive" (until it either bombs or takes off like a rocket) . Flavors are one calorie diet drinks in Orange, Grape, and Berrys.

Mr Zabe
02-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Splenda sweetened? I pray to goodness NO. :D

JACK
02-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Diet Rite by Pepsi

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-05-2006, 10:00 PM
so, tommorow slice one is gonna be at walmarts... gonna have to give it a try

JACK
02-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Does anyone remember SLICE with 10% Juice

Mr Zabe
02-06-2006, 08:54 AM
I do.I recall the first flavor was orange then lemon lime. It was a nice change from 7up.

boodoo
02-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Slice w/juice...it takes me back to my old Pepsi days.....

greg
02-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
fusion, the only reason I think it's not credible that Slice will come back is the fact that Pepsi switched to Sierra Mist only a few years ago and Tropicana Twister only a year ago.

I find it hard to imagine that Pepsi would have the gall to switch back as if it had never happened.

SEV smile.gif Slice has a very big and loyall following in the Spanish/Latin community. I think PEPSI is smart by targeting this demmographic by bringing a healthy alternative drink to this segment of the population.

pepsidew
02-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Slice One tentative roll out is Monday Feb 6. It is a "WalMart exclusive" (until it either bombs or takes off like a rocket) . Flavors are one calorie diet drinks in Orange, Grape, and Berrys. huh - i havent heard anything about this - but since its a walmart thing i believe it - walmart says jump and pepsi says how high smile.gif i'd bet it will take off at first and then slow down until it goes away before the end of the year

pepsidew
02-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Pray tell, will it be a splenda sweetened soda pop or a "Coke Zero" type of sweetner? i'm not sure - i havent heard alot about it - i hope its not splenda but we'll have to see - and i wish they would just do a test run like coke did with diet coke with splenda - cause there are alot of dt dew drinkers here and i have a feeling people may not like it

the saint
02-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Actually it was pushed back. It is to roll out on this coming Wednesday. It IS in our warehouse. It is a splenda sweetened beverage.

Mr Zabe
02-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Sad to hear it's sweetened with Splenda.
Have you tasted it yet?

the saint
02-11-2006, 10:28 AM
No it is still offlimits to us. we have auditors in house this past week and will be here until the 22nd so there is NO samples going to anywhere for anything.

CStoreCatMan
02-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I think 2006 is a pivotal year for energy.

Diet sodas will grow...sugars will remain flat or decline. Watch for more innovation in the diet soda category.

Slice will return...but not the old Slice products. Slice ONE is on the way!

Flavored/enhanced waters are another category that will be made or broken this year.

I think we'll continue to see innovation with packaging. New sizes, new multi-packs, etc.

Teas are holding on...Lipton Mainstream 12pks are on fire in grocery.

Losers for 2006 include fruit drinks (Tropicana, Minute Maid and all Haw Punch flavors except Red). Consumers could care less about these items.

Coke and Pepsi cola flavors (except Cherries) will die horrible deaths! This includes vanilla's, lemons, limes, etc.

Coke Blak will flop. Tab energy will be by its side.

Von Dutch is gone, as is most 8oz energy cans that aren't carried by the big manufacturers...

Vault will do well initially...but once the launch pricing goes away it will dwindle. Won't be a worthy competitor for Mtn Dew...

Coke Zero will continue to do well...not sure if it will become a top ten item though...we'll see.

MDX will get some kind of attention from Pepsi before they let it go...marketing, advertising, something. But don't know if it will help!

Starbucks will continue to dominate the coffee market as it introduces new items: Doubleshot Light will be awesome!

That's enough rambling for now...

pepsidew
02-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Actually it was pushed back. It is to roll out on this coming Wednesday. It IS in our warehouse. It is a splenda sweetened beverage. did you see if the packaging had the splenda logo on it. i saw some 12pks in one of my accounts today with a new slogan on it - i cant remember what it was for sure - something like "new taste" or something like it

CStoreCatMan
02-14-2006, 06:06 PM
The packaging does refer to Splenda as the sweetner. If someone can tell me how to add a picture with my post...I'll show you a 12pk.

the saint
02-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
I think 2006 is a pivotal year for energy.

Diet sodas will grow...sugars will remain flat or decline. Watch for more innovation in the diet soda category.

Slice will return...but not the old Slice products. Slice ONE is on the way!

Flavored/enhanced waters are another category that will be made or broken this year.

I think we'll continue to see innovation with packaging. New sizes, new multi-packs, etc.

Teas are holding on...Lipton Mainstream 12pks are on fire in grocery.

Losers for 2006 include fruit drinks (Tropicana, Minute Maid and all Haw Punch flavors except Red). Consumers could care less about these items.

Coke and Pepsi cola flavors (except Cherries) will die horrible deaths! This includes vanilla's, lemons, limes, etc.

Coke Blak will flop. Tab energy will be by its side.

Von Dutch is gone, as is most 8oz energy cans that aren't carried by the big manufacturers...

Vault will do well initially...but once the launch pricing goes away it will dwindle. Won't be a worthy competitor for Mtn Dew...

Coke Zero will continue to do well...not sure if it will become a top ten item though...we'll see.

MDX will get some kind of attention from Pepsi before they let it go...marketing, advertising, something. But don't know if it will help!

Starbucks will continue to dominate the coffee market as it introduces new items: Doubleshot Light will be awesome!

That's enough rambling for now... I take it you just had your"state of the business" meeting also. LOL ours was about 3 weeks ago. You didn't mention the strawberries and cream frappuccino or the Italian roast whatever it was frappuccino either.

CStoreCatMan
02-14-2006, 06:28 PM
LOL...kind of. I work in category/space management so its my job to try to keep up on the trends. I didn't mention the other Frapp items as they aren't going to be released for a few more months...didn't want to leak any info! But, Strawberries & Creme will be a hit...Iced Coffee should do pretty well too. It seems Coke Blak came out at the wrong time...

fusion
07-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Looks like everyone's pretty accurate in their predictions, so far!

Von Dutch is gone, 7Up is dying (and the Plus flavors are dead, at least around here), Pepsi killed Vanilla and Twist...

David J.
07-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Man, I really liked Von Dutch, I'm sad to see it go.

I noticed that the only 8oz E-drinks locally are Sobe A-rush and Red Bull. Everything else is 16oz. MDX hasn't gone much anywhere -- does it sell at all? I rarely buy it, but it has gone down a bit. The lame 14oz size kills it.

Vault is doing, well I guess OK in my area. It was sold out at a few stores for a while, and one store sells it 3 for a dollar (4 if it is expired...) and it is coming out of their ears.