PDA

View Full Version : Jones Soda Returns!

KanKing
05-19-2003, 12:50 PM
All the Sheetz convenience stores around here have a full row of Jones Soda again. Not that I drink anything in a glass bottle, but it was there. I was sorry to see this.

KanKing
05-19-2003, 12:51 PM
P.S. Why doesn't Cool Mountain or somebody go in and take there place?

teamtitan512
05-19-2003, 06:56 PM
I don't like Jones offerings. I'd rather see some of the Southern oriented drinks come up here in glass like Big Red, Cheerwine, Sun Drop, Nehi, and stuff like that, if even in plastic. But living in the Mid-Atlantic you never see this stuff (However in Altoona this weekend, I found Sun Drop 12 packs from RC).

Boris
05-19-2003, 07:37 PM
I live a little south of you and I favour the northern drinks...Like Squirt

teamtitan512
05-19-2003, 09:58 PM
LOL Guess we're not north enough in Western MD then, because truth is, I rarely ever see Squirt here. I miss Herbco Coke, they always had Squirt around, now it's vanished, half the time the markets here don't even sell it.

karks88
05-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Squirt is in Central PA in 20oz and 2 liters. I've never seen Ruby Red though.

Matt R
05-20-2003, 12:49 PM
The reason Sheetz carries Jones is that is sells very well. I will be happy to discuss Jones in Pennslyvania, and why it works. I have been distributing Jones since 1998. I started selling out of my car and now move more than 60K cases on 5 trucks a year through Western PA.
It continues to grow and grow. I was in the marketing and ad business before I started distributing. Jones has done well by me because I have worked hard to build a brand. Truth be told, Its never the brand, but the people who focus on selling it.

And please don't be sorry to see it. Regardless of your feeling for the corporation, those case pay my bills and feed my kids.

I'm always looking for a new shelf to inhabit. Mainly because those I compete with work for large faceless corporations and their daily grind is just a job to them.

Good luck out there!

KanKing
05-20-2003, 01:32 PM
I don't know much about Jones as a company, I just know I don't like the taste of the soda.

Matt R
05-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Oh..well thats cool. You know, I'm 34 y.o and I don't really drink soda much anymore. But I have some small kids and teenage nephews that go ape for the stuff. "Uncle Matt get me a t-shirt, get me a jacket!" And I am forbidden to show up to family events with out the stuff. It looks like we are (mostly) grownups here, and all I have to say that as long as kids want it, I'm going to sell it. PS: at my neighborhood A Plus store, kids are constantly skateboarding and hanging out on their bikes. Every Fri or Sat night that I stop there, kids come up to me asking for soda and stickers..its wild. My 5 y.o thinks I'm famous.

Boris
05-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Well I am 17(2 months till 18) and I own my own soda company...well not officially until two more months...Hey do you just distribute jones or all types of soda? That'd be cool if you started distributing mine...

SURGE
05-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Very Cool Boris. How did you get that gig?