PDA

View Full Version : How many Hawaiian Punches are out there?

Shatter
05-21-2003, 02:51 AM
There's regular Hawaiian Punch, then there's the green one, and I thought there might have been an orange one once (I'm not all that sure about that one), and I bought a new one today, Bodacious Berry. So, I was wondering; how many variation of Hawaiian Punch exist? I thought that there were others in different incarnations, like Slurpees or something, too. Anybody have an idea?

Willbev
05-21-2003, 09:46 AM
FOUR

SURGE
05-21-2003, 05:46 PM
I've seen two. HP is one of the few drinks I cannot even drink it is so foul.

teamtitan512
05-21-2003, 11:10 PM
I saw 5 here a long time ago (Red, Green, Orange, Blue, Purple).

Then it went down to 1, just red.

Now green is re-appearing along with blue.

drpep
05-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Are you asking about 20oz bottles or those plus gallon jugs, 46oz bottles, 2 liters and drink boxes?

SamC
05-22-2003, 08:02 AM
IIRC, the Hawaiian Punch brand name belongs to Proctor and Gamble. They do the large cans, aseptic cartons ("juice boxes") and plastic bottles found the the juice isle. The Mott's company, is liscensed for the larger plastic bottles and the cartoned refrigerated packages. Then it is sold as a canned and bottled non-carbonated soda through DPSU bottlers.

Each tastes slightly different and each can offer different flavor versions.

karks88
05-22-2003, 09:30 AM
I bought a 12 pack of cans of the original flavor and it was nasty. That seems like one drink that just shouldn't be available in cans! Now I just stick with the 64oz. bottle.

Psycho Hillbilly
05-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Actually Hawaiian Punch is now owned by Cadbury ... DPSU handles the soda (2 liters, etc.), while Mott's does the juice (AKA the jugs of it you can get at Wal-Mart for next to nothing).

In terms of the soda line, there are five flavors: original, Green Berry Rush, Bodacious Berry (blue), a pink melon one, and an orange one that is only in a few test markets (I think Chicago might be one of them).

For the juice, Mott's makes original, Green Berry Rush, Blue Typhoon (which has a different flavor than the blue soda one), a horrible grape and an orange.

KanKing
05-22-2003, 01:05 PM
I've always liked Hawiian punch.

teamtitan512
05-22-2003, 05:20 PM
When referring to the sodas, I've only seen red and green here, and very rarely green. Saw it in 20 oz. in a DP machine down there in strong RC Winchetser territory.

Hawaiian Punch rights sometimes are controlled by Pepsi in this region, I know all around me you can find it under Pepsi's control, except in the immediate RC Winchester area where it is a DPSU product.

fusion
05-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Hey TT, I notice that you are double posting a lot.

SamC
05-24-2003, 09:41 AM
I found this on the DPSU corporate site. (hawaiianpunch.com is just a place holder card.)

Hawaiian Punch was originally made by the Pacific Citrus Product's Company as "Leo's Hawaiian Punch" in 1934. In 1946, Mr. Leo sold it and the company was renamed Pacific Hawaiian Products, and the drink simply Hawaiian Punch. PHP was the first to offer the product pre-mixed directly to the public.

In 1963 the company was acquired by the RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company. In the 1980's RJR expanded its non-tobacco holdings, acquiring Del Monte, and Hawaiian Punch was merged into that division. Later RJR spun off Del Monte as a seperate company, and then Proctor and Gamble acquired Hawaiian Punch from it in 1990.

P&G sold it to Cadbury in 1999. Both DPSU and Mott's are divisions of Cadbury.

SURGE
05-24-2003, 08:59 PM
To clarify its the soda in 20oz and cans that I hate. I havent tried the other varieties in years. Big supprise that this crap is partially made by P&G makes of such amazing brands as Pringles or to be more specific as to what they taste like, shingles.

teamtitan512
05-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Sorry for the double posting problems, for some reason, my computer and this board don't get along very well.