PDA

View Full Version : Dr Pepper

Pages : 1 [2]

sodasommelier
10-31-2001, 12:19 AM
Wow! I'm sure glad I always travel with an ice chest full of bottled sodas!!! http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

boodoo
10-31-2001, 08:32 AM
Wow, I think that retailer must have relatives in my area, I frequently run into people like that who make bonehead decisions.

Although I would never drink a fountain DP, having it in your business is almost mandatory here. Anyone who would replace it with Mr Pibb would have to be plain loco.

DRPEPPERMANTX
12-04-2001, 12:53 PM
Just saw the board. Hats of to Dublin Dr Pepper...GREAT STUFF. Lots of great info at Dr Pepper.com. Look in the mueseum information on that site. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif

sodasommelier
12-05-2001, 12:29 AM
I agree with DrPepperManTX on that!!!

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

PeaceKitty
12-05-2001, 01:37 PM
Glad to see this post is still kicking it. Its been a bit since its creation hasn't it?

I ordered another shipment of the purecane Stuff from Dublic and ick. I can't stand the bottles. It says 'Celebrating 110 Years of Sweet Success!"
Spiffy.

but...BUT..it reminds me of McDonalds, *twitches* Yellow and red stripes????!? YELLOW text on a WHILE oval? Hello, even i know you never put yellow on right. Whoever designed this think was on drugs, and whoever aproved it was stupid AND on drugs.

------------------
We're all here because we're not all there.

sodasommelier
12-05-2001, 11:53 PM
All of that is possible, but it's still a whole lot better than the plastic junk they sell in the 7-11!

------------------

PeaceKitty
12-06-2001, 12:27 AM
yes yes. It does, and always shall, taste better. But still, even i could have designed a better bottle than that. They probably have a limited market for this stuff. They should be making it as apealing as they can.

DRPEPPERMANTX
12-06-2001, 02:25 AM
HEY PEACEKITTY, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS!!!!!!!
http://www.texascooking.com/features/jul99drpepper.htm

ShempMoDin
12-10-2001, 09:51 AM
You asked for it, you got it (you'll probably need to cut and paste this into some other program, in a monospaced font):

~<WWWWWWWbo
WWWP~~+WWb
~<WWWWWWWbo WWW WWWW~WWWoWb
:WWWP~~+WWb WWW WWWW WWW "P
:WWW WWWW WWW WWWW WWW
:WWW WWWP WWWbodWWWP WWW
:WWW-=OWWP jWWWWWWWWP jWWWL
:WWW
:WWW .dW~b.<WWWWWWbo <WWWWWWbo .dW~b.~WWWoWb
:WWW.:W B' WWW WWb WWW WWb:W B' WWW "P
;WWW; OW~ WWW WWW WWW WWW OW~ WWW
.dWWWb.`dOP" WWW~oOWP WWW~oOWP `dOP"jWWWL
YHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WWW HHHHH WWW HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WWW HHHHH WWW HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
.dWWWb. .dWWWb.

And just for good measure:

__ ___ __ .a. ,
,d888a ,d88888888888m, ,888, a8
a88']8i a88".8"`8 "8888a,88 8' .88'
.d8P' "" .d8P'.8 .I "8:88:aaad88'
,d8P' ,ama, .aa, .ama.g mmm d8P' 8 .I' 88:88888"
,d88' d8I,`8..a8"PI ,8I"88 I88' d88 ]IaI' d8[
a88' ]P ""m8mP8']P .8I 8" d88' `" .88
,88I ]P[ .I'.8 88' 8 I[ ,88P ,ama ,ama, d8[ .ama.g
[88' I8, .I' ]8, ,88B d8 aI (88',88"8) d8I,`8. 88 ,8I"88
]88 `8888" '8888" "88""8m" I88 888 8[ ]P ""m8m88[.8I 8"
]88, _,aaaaaa,_ I88 8" 8 ]P[ .I' 88 88' 8 I[
`888a,. .,add8888888888bma. )88, .]I I8, .I' )88a8B d8 aI
"88888888""' `8""""""8 "88888P" `8888" `888""88""8m"

ShempMoDin
12-10-2001, 09:55 AM
Well, heck - apparently you can't post ASCII art on here - it messes up the spacing.

Arrgh.

Hmmm..

drpep
01-11-2002, 08:18 PM
Hey, I just received a case of Dr Pepper made from Imperial Cane Sugar. Its great to have an extra $30 lying around. This would be the freshest cane sugar Dr P I've had, the last 2 were in bottles and I do not know how long the people that gave them to me had them. This was a case of cans because Dublin Dr Pepper had no bottles avalible at this time. It did not taste much differrent the the corn syrup cans, but there was a bite at the end of the swallow. (that happened several times to me in high school ;) ) Not bad, plus I got a new can for my collection.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]</p>

drpep
01-11-2002, 08:22 PM
Even better for a Dr Pepper lover is that several Dr Pepper items I ordered off ebay arrived today. If I would keep typing this could go to eight pages, but I'll let some one else get that honor.
Watch out for the #26 Dr Pepper car in the Nascar Busch series with new driver Lyndon Amick!!

drpep
01-11-2002, 08:36 PM
One other thing. Earlier on this thread the topic of the missing period (another high school memory) came up. At the time the period was dropped sodas were sold in tubs of ice and the consumer looked down and saw only the bottle cap. Because of the lettering design used at hte time Dr Pepper would have looked like this if the period was kept, Di: Pepper. Well something like that. The R in Dr was made like a lower case i without the dot on top but instead just to the right, so using a period would make the r look like a semi-colon. There is probably some way to do this on the computer but I have no idea :confused:

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]</p>

sodasommelier
01-12-2002, 12:46 AM
I don't know about that but since I collect bottle caps I wish people would put a little more effort into making cool caps again!

drpep
02-07-2002, 08:32 PM
HEY PEACEKITTY,
You better get on here or your Dr Pepper post is going to be overtaken by a Jones post.

PeaceKitty
02-07-2002, 08:43 PM
Man, i almost forgot my passward to this place. I was about to give up replying at all. This is one of the few places that i visit that i was at 3 years ago when i used that PW

I've been so busy! I can't babble as much as i want to!

I didn't upload them yet. But for X-mas my sister bought me one of those model planes made entirly of DP can parts. I was so thrilled. Its hanging on my ceiling right now.

So how have you been my faithful DP followers?

sodasommelier
02-08-2002, 02:02 AM
I'm willing to do my part to make sure that no Jones post surpasses Peacekitty's!!!!! smile.gif

drpep
02-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Well, I am half way thru a case of Dr Pepper made with pure cane sugar and to be honest I can not taste much of a difference between it and corn syrup DP. As a matter of fact if someone were to have me do a blind taste test between the 2 I likely could not tell which is which. I am sure I will be told its because I bought cans instead of bottles (bottles out of stock). The cane sugar can did have a bite after swallowing. I have had cane sugar DP in bottles before and it was different. Last summer a drank a bottle of DP I found in South Carolina and it was horrible. The ingrediants said sugar or corn syrup. I think it was motor oil.
LETS GO LYNDON AMICK IN THE #26 DR PEPPER CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sodasommelier
02-09-2002, 06:55 PM
Well, Glass-bottled cane sugar Dr Pepper is the best in my opinion! I actually also like the longneck Diet Dr Pepper.

drpep
04-01-2002, 09:16 PM
I wish I could mention something about Dr Pepper to get this to eight pages to beat the Jones topic. The #26 Dr Pepper race team is off to a bad start this year, must be someone mixed Jones in with the gasoline. Lets see, several local K-marts have had empty spaces for several weeks where the Dr Pepper used to be.
Anyone know whats up with Dr Pepper in Northeast Pennsylvania? Used to find it in cans and bottles from Crystal Water Soda Co. Now Dr Pepper that is bottled by Pepsi is replacing it on the shelves.
I can't ramble like Peacekitty, and double spacing is cheating so hopefully PK will sign on and boost the page count for this topic.

drpep
04-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Oh wow!!! just after I post this I see PK is signed on!!

PeaceKitty
04-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Thats cause i get email everytime someone posts here. lol

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-01-2002, 09:31 PM
boy, dr pepper sure is terrible. anything can beat dr pepper, but jones blue bubblegum is surely the best

drpep
04-01-2002, 09:35 PM
What ever increases the page count and posts ;)

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-01-2002, 09:37 PM
yeah you know i hate that blue stuff, i figured you guys would go on ranting for pages and pages about what a jonesite i am...

dr pepper rules

PeaceKitty
04-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Every time i come here it gets weirder and weirder to post. I was just a kid when i started coming here. Anyone remember the old board? The pre-UBB existence of the BevBoard where it seemed the biggest trend was host many posts people could make on how horrible Storm way (those were the days)

Now i got a job, i have to work instead of just mindless babble all day (oh, feel my pain) i've changed, you all have change. Dr Pepper is still the best damn drink that has ever existenced but i don't spend my days doing 'fan art' and dreaming that one day i will finish my damn Dr Pepper page (which, BTW, i lost all the files too since my hard drive crashed)

Woo, mostly its just work has taken all my free time and my thoughts, i don't have time to think about the news and events in the sodageek world. Ack! I'm not special anymore! I'm just a fan now! not an Obsesse!!

So whats everyone's life been like over the years

PeaceKitty
04-01-2002, 09:42 PM
I was going to, honest i was. But you posted before i could start a really nice good rant about jones. I feel cheated.

drpep
04-01-2002, 09:45 PM
How can you abandon your baby? :( Even though I was not around when this started I feel its now my duty to keep this going, get the message out, spread the word, increase the page count, etc, etc.

PeaceKitty
04-01-2002, 09:50 PM
I just don't know what to say that i haven't said a million times. I like DP, a whole lot, i just don't happen to know dittle about current Dr Pepper Events

drpep
04-01-2002, 10:04 PM
I know you can't say much more than you've said. If I could think of stuff to say this would be to 10 pages by now.

PeaceKitty
04-01-2002, 10:08 PM
I knooow *twiddles thumbs* So hows life? lol

I'm starting to go to the gym (a whole 2 times now, weee) all that DP has been murder on my figure. Not that i ever had a figure, but christ, i either gotta give up my DP(hahahhaha..woo..yah right) or start working out so i don't die of a heart attach by the time i am 25.

PeaceKitty
04-01-2002, 10:08 PM
*throws up hands* 8 pages!
I know, i know. I am just so damn cool

drpep
04-02-2002, 10:40 AM
smile.gif

drpep
04-07-2002, 09:07 PM
The #26 Dr Pepper car had another rough weekend.
Out of it came a humorous comment from the TV announcers. The car, wearing a special Dr Pepper/Spiderman scheme was involved in yet another spin and wreck. After getting hit by several cars one of the announcers said "the Dr Pepper car took hits from all angles" The other announcer replied "yeah 10-2-and-4". smile.gif

sodasommelier
04-07-2002, 09:30 PM
That ought to pepper up the driver!

I used to deliver to the office for the filming of Spider Man but it was just pure glacial water; I guess you gotta use the pure stuff if you want the webs to be strong...

By the way, Dr Pepper with cane sugar in glass is great... how about that, Peacekitty!!!

Hey if you're still in Santa Clarita, go to the Sunnybrook Market and ask Heather to order you in some cane sugar Dr Pepper and you'll see what I mean!

drpep
04-07-2002, 09:46 PM
I believe she has ordered some.

drpep
04-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Considering that Dr P and Spiderman are involved in a joint promotion the Spiderman people did not take delivery of any Dr Pepper of any kind? Shame on them.

drpep
05-02-2002, 09:36 PM
Even though I've never been a big Spiderman fan its kinda cool that Dr Pepper has Spiderman cans.
On Howard Stern's show Ralph the F-g mentioned the Dr Pepper product placement in the movie bordered on overkill.
The Spiderman race car was cool also. Won't make me see the movie.

NuGrapeman
05-03-2002, 04:20 AM
Hey dr pepperman i've only seen the Spiderman on Diet Dr Pepper here is it on regular Dr Pepper too? And i have to says these cans look awesome!!

drpep
05-03-2002, 02:31 PM
I've seen it on Diet only so far. I hope the regular cans get it also.

drpep
05-03-2002, 02:58 PM
Looking on ebay I find that reg Dr Pep has 2 different Spiderman cans and Diet has 2 different cans for 4 designs total.

drpep
05-06-2002, 06:51 PM
I picked up a Spiderman 12 pack today and it contained just one of the two designs.

drpep
05-14-2002, 09:10 PM
There are 6 cans total, including Green Goblin.

[ 05-15-2002, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-14-2002, 09:13 PM
I just heard on the news yesterday about the rumored *new* dr pepper flavor being put out by DeePeeSUe...report on CBS radio news said by the end of summer...some sort of cherry flavoring, it will be "based" on dr pepper, but will be an independent beverage.

SoBe Mr. Green SUCKS. I have also seen no POS or any kind of ads for this. what the hell is pepsi doing?

Tom

drpep
05-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Red Fusion is the name. It will be a red color and use a variety of fruit flavors including the basic flavor profile of Dr Pepper. Info at www.beverageworld.com. (http://www.beverageworld.com.)

drpep
05-21-2002, 06:07 PM
Can't believe Jones is ahead of this.
3 Cheers for Ron Hornaday, new driver of the #26 Dr Pepper car, for his third place finish at Nazareth Speedway this weekend!!!

NuGrapeman
05-22-2002, 02:28 AM
Hey Spiderman has made it here on regular Pepper cans but i've only seen one design so far.

drpep
05-23-2002, 05:39 PM
Today I found all six regular can designs,5 Spiderman and 1 Green Goblin. The 3 24 packs and 1 12 pack I bought contained two designs each. the first 12 pack I bought several weeks ago only contained 1 design.

drpep
05-24-2002, 03:06 PM
DR PEPPER CAR IS ON THE POLE!!!! Things are looking up for the Dr Pepper team!!!

drpep
06-27-2002, 11:52 AM
Dr Pepper will be using their Nascar sponsorship to promote Red Fusion this July.

Fixx
06-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Has anyone tried Red Fusion yet?? I am to understand that Texas (obviously) will be the brands initial roll out market.

Later.

drpep
06-27-2002, 09:08 PM
According to www.dpsu.com (http://www.dpsu.com) Southwest Missouri as of 6-13 was to be the first place for sale.
"We are delighted to be the first Dr Pepper bottler in the nation to introduce Red Fusion" stated Edwin C Rice Ozarks Coca Cola/Dr Pepper Bottling Co. owner.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-29-2002, 03:36 PM
I hope Dublin Dr Pepper makes Red Fusion in the glass bottle with *** cane sugar***

Tom

Seriously, I'll change my name soon.

bigrich
06-29-2002, 09:41 PM
Red Fusion has been in Indianapolis for a least the last ten days. I bought a 12pack and is was really pretty refreshing, unlike Vanilla Coke. I will buy it again. It tastes like a mixture of Dr Pepper and Big Red. PepsiAmericas was the canner.

Terry K
06-30-2002, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by dr pepperman:
According to www.dpsu.com (http://www.dpsu.com) Southwest Missouri as of 6-13 was to be the first place for sale.
"We are delighted to be the first Dr Pepper bottler in the nation to introduce Red Fusion" stated Edwin C Rice Ozarks Coca Cola/Dr Pepper Bottling Co. owner.Yep. We have it here in 20 oz and 2 liter
bottles. I got it the day it was available. Cans are to follow as soon as a someone starts canning it (Ozarks Coke/DP does NOT can anything)

I LOVE this stuff. Its good!

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-30-2002, 12:06 PM
Terry, why doesn't Ozarks can anything? I guess I don't understand the logic of having a huge part of your product line not made by the bottler...

Tom in Michigan

Terry K
06-30-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
Terry, why doesn't Ozarks can anything? I guess I don't understand the logic of having a huge part of your product line not made by the bottler...

Tom in MichiganGood question. The story I got is that they don't do enough can volume to justify the cost of the canning lines. Here's the funny part: They do run bottling lines (for all the products they sell 20 oz, 1 & 2 liter), they get all the cans of stuff from CCE or a Great Plains bottler, but they have to buy Squirt and Canada Dry from Pepsi The local Pepsi guys found that hilarious when I told them!

I will say the 20 oz product they bottle is top-notch. The Red Fusion they sell is better than the stuff I got from Kansas City and Pepsi.

I don't think anyone here has ever had a canning line, but I suspect it may have to happen, especially with Fridge Packs on the horizon. Once CCE goes totally fridge pack, (which I hear will happen this year), Ozarks Coke may have to modify its product lines a bit. AFAIK, two Coke bottlers (Philly & Consolidated) are the only ones who makes Dr Pepper in Fridge Packs. The smaller bottlers who distribute are going to be pressed to meet the demand for canned product. I can't fathom any one keeping a line just for Dr Pepper.

drpep
06-30-2002, 09:03 PM
Tom

Seriously, I'll change my name soon.[/QB]Why? whats wrong with Tom? :D :D

drpep
06-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Hmmmmmm,I wonder if Peacekitty can come on and tell us if its okay to discuss Red Fusion in a Dr Pepper thread.

xlogold
07-15-2002, 05:26 PM
Still no sign of Red Fusion here, But I did notice there no longer being sold in the plastic bullet bottles anymore.

There now being sold in the Pepsi 20oz. shaped plastic bottles.

JACK
07-23-2002, 09:31 AM
To All Dr Pepper FANS:

Dr Pepper needs some help. Take time to drop American Airlines a note to tell them how disappointed you are that they have dropped Dr Pepper from their flights. Direct your letters to the CEO and their website. Dr Pepper needs this help.

PeaceKitty
07-23-2002, 08:11 PM
*waves her majestic hand* yes yes you have permission.

I forgot to post I had (2) bottles of Red Fusions during my stay in Cleveland, Ohio. I was there on July 8th and found them at a Kmart near the airport.

So I bought two, thinking I had time to go back the next day and get some more (boy was I wrong) but I did atleast get some!!!

I love it. I think it tastes great. its not really a cherry Dr Pepper but as, those vague bastards have mentioned before, it 'fruity', but definitely Dr Pepper tasting!

Seriously once this becomes available in my area I REALLY think I might be buying this alot more then regular DP, we shall see.

PhillyCoke
07-23-2002, 09:06 PM
A little late, but anyway...

Not all bottlers run can lines. I guess there must be something in the cost factor of it all.

The small independent Pepsi bottler we go up against in eastern Maryland runs a bottle line, but no can lines. They buy their cans from PBG Baltimore and another independent Pepsi bottler in Maryland.

Central Coca-Cola also doesn't run any can lines. They buy from Mid Atlantic Canners, who have plants in Hamburg PA and Zanesville OH. CCE Eastern Great Lakes also buys from Mid Atlantic (old contracts from the HerbCo days).

Older lines are dedicated, you have to run one type of product. We (CCE Mid Atlantic) have a very modern facility just outside of Richmond which can run any package, except Dasani.

And on another note..

Yes, Consolidated and Philly both have Pepper in fridge packs. Red Fusion can be found in the Philly area in fridge packs and 20oz angle bottle.

United Coke also has fridge packs, but I really don't know if they carry Pepper.

I do wonder if CCE will go 100% fridge pack by the end of the year. The changeover cost is around $8-$10 million per line, plus you have to rent extra warehouse space to build up inventory while the lines are down. Philly ran into a LOT of out of stock problems the weeks before they changed to fridge packs. A temporary problem, yes, but enough to piss some people off.

Plus, there are still a lot of regular style 12 pack boxes out there, I am sure. and they'd have to run that inventory down, too. CCE Mid Atlantic carries 25 different kinds of 12 packs, so I am sure they have a pretty sizeable inventory of boxes. Heck, it took them a while to change over from the old Cherry Coke boxes to the new ones, even though the cans were the new style. We aren't getting the new MM fruit sodas until next month, and I wonder how the boxes will be then.

fizzbizz
08-17-2002, 07:57 AM
I'm new the boaerd but I have to major props to PeaceKitty. You are unbelievably loyal to the Dr (no period) and pretty creative as well. Keep it up.

drpep
09-09-2002, 08:43 PM
I bring this to the top because a Jones topic can not have more pages or posts than this :( .
Peacekitty are you out there? Some one has to post here,even if you think Dr Pepper sucks. Help make this the most popular thread again.

Shatter
09-09-2002, 11:26 PM
Has anyone seen Dr Pepper Slurpees at their local 7-11 or c-stores lately? I hadn't been in my local 7-11 for months, and when I stopped by I tried out a Dr Pepper Slurpee for the first time. Damn, it's good! I bought them a lot, until they replaced it with a Vanilla Coke Slurpee. I wanted to know if anyone else had seen it recently. Are they still making it?

drpep
09-10-2002, 08:40 PM
I thought that Dr Pepper Slurpees were a fairly new item at 7-11's. I have no 7-11 near me but a will look for Dr P Slurpees when I hit the road tomorrow

fusion
09-13-2002, 02:26 AM
Anyone know of a Dr Pepper knockoff site that has been recently updated? I'd love to make my contribution. Giant (grocery store out of Carlisle, PA) recently revamped their private label sodas.. They switched from the Finast brand to the Giant brand. Now they have two different colas (couldn't see any difference in them), as well as...

Dr Bob. Helluva name for a Dr Pepper ripoff, if you ask me. I bought a 6 pack of 20oz, just for the hell of it. Set me back $1.95. Haven't tried it yet, though.

JACK
09-13-2002, 08:41 AM
Dr Pepper slurpees are in every 7-Eleven in OKC. Shatter where are you located?? If your 7-Eleven is a franchisee, I should be able to put DP back in.

Shatter
09-14-2002, 12:48 AM
I'm not entirely sure if the stores i've been in are franchisees or independants. I'm in Grand Prairie, TX (between Dallas and Fort Worth) and the
store I usually go to is on Spur 303.

Terry K
09-14-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by JACK:
Dr Pepper slurpees are in every 7-Eleven in OKC. Shatter where are you located?? If your 7-Eleven is a franchisee, I should be able to put DP back in.Does anyone know when/if they're going to roll out the long rumoured fountain Red Fusion? I'm dying to try it straight from the tap!

fizzbizz
09-14-2002, 07:57 AM
Terry, Fusion fountain is available to the bottlers but most of them have taken a wait and see attitude. There's not a whole lot of room on the fountain machines now so I guess they will make Fusion earn it's stripes.

drpep
09-17-2002, 09:03 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fusion:
Anyone know of a Dr Pepper knockoff site that has been recently updated? I'd love to make my contribution. Giant (grocery store out of Carlisle, PA) recently revamped their private label sodas.. They switched from the Finast brand to the Giant brand. Now they have two different colas (couldn't see any difference in them), as well as...

Dr Bob. Helluva name for a Dr Pepper ripoff, if you ask me. I bought a 6 pack of 20oz, just for the hell of it. Set me back $1.95. Haven't tried it yet, though.www.fakedrpepper.com (http://www.fakedrpepper.com) will fit your needs. I will be sending him 2 cans of Tops Market's (upstate NY, same parent as Giant) Dr Bob. I checked Martins (what Giant is called in VA and WV) and they had not replaced the Sensational label with the new label yet. I suspected Giant's parent Royal Ahold was going to have a standard beverage label design when I picked up my Dr Bob.</font>[/QUOTE]

drpep
09-17-2002, 09:06 PM
The 7-11 in Woodstock, VA has both Dr Pepper Slurpees and Red Fusion in fountian. Several 7-11 in Florida have DR P Slurpees. I've noticed that no 2 7-11s have the same Slurpee selection.

Shatter
09-18-2002, 02:51 AM
I found Dr Pepper Slurpees in a 7-11 that had 2 machines set up with a total of 6 different flavors of slurpee. It's too far away from me to go to everyday, though.

Now when will they get Red Fusion Slurpees?

fusion
09-18-2002, 11:57 PM
What is the brand name of the Dr Bob in Tops? I saw a memo today in a Giant-Landover store about the new Giant private label brand name. They say that Giant-Landover and Giant-Carlisle will both be using that as their private label. Items are slowly being introduced as old Super G/Finast/Sensational brands run out in the warehouse.

I picked up the Dr. Bob in a Giant-Carlisle store in Gettysburg the other week. I have also now seen it at a few Giant-Landover stores I worked at today. They also had a Rally cola, and Quist (I think a Squirt knockoff) and a dew knockoff, but I can't remember the name.

drpep
09-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Tops Dr Bob has the Tops name on it. Today I stopped at Giant Landover and Giant Carlisle and both had the Giant name. I guess the cans will all look the same with the only difference being the store name on the package.
I thought Quist was the Sprite knockoff. I notice there are 2 colas Rally Cola and Spin Cola. I wonder what the difference is?

[ 09-22-2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

drpep
09-23-2002, 11:58 AM
The 7-11 across from the Daytona Speedway has the Dr P Slurpee and several in VA have it.
I made my own Dr Peppper Slurpee last week. Its easy. Check into a motel for one week. See that it has a refrigarator (I know, its spelled wrong). Run out to Albertsons buy a 12 pack of Dr Pepper and place several cans overnight in refrig. Next day wake up, retrieve a cold Dr P, pour into plastic cup provided my motel and watch as a slushy concoction pours out. Get pissed, check temp and find that is was set at the coldest level.

Shatter
09-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Why would you get pissed? I like sodas when they're ice-cold! REALLY ice-cold!

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-23-2002, 01:50 PM
around metro detroit, it isn't hard to find a 7-11 with two-four flavor slurpee machines. I once saw 12 flavors on this one HUGE 7-11 out in the suburbs where everything gets bigger.

Metro Detroit consumes the most slurpees of any other area in the united states. I read that in harper's last year.

drpep
09-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Ice cold maybe but not ICE. Or slush.

drpep
10-08-2002, 09:43 PM
Dr Pepper Slurpees are supposed to be in half of all 7-11s and as the stores update their machines more will have Dr Pepper. www.beverageworld.com (http://www.beverageworld.com)

drpep
11-11-2002, 11:09 AM
Hey PK there apparently is a reunion here. Come join.

JACK
11-11-2002, 11:24 AM
Red Fusion FCB will be some time out. Bottlers have been VERY slow about getting into the fountain Red Fusion business. It really makes an awesome fountain drink. Love's in OKC is selling along with Shell Marts

PeaceKitty
11-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Ha, guess who forgot her password?

Again, i must express my deep sorrow about my lack of activity into the beverage world. I try to keep my part by consuming as many sodas as is humanity possible, (mwhahaha) But i do miss hanging out on this board and slapping people for typing Dr Pepper with a dot.

Instead i have used my online time to going around slapping people who use green in their web designs. Not exactly as fun but still has its moments :D :D .

Heya all, you know you missed me and my sometimes-too-babbly-and-incomprehendable speeches. But here i am, for the moment anyways. I've between enjoying Red Fusion but still stick to good ol Dr Pepper.

Its rather funny how i keep abusing myself to do all this work for my website and then prompt ditch the whole idea for a few months. I am still the proud owner of www.alldrpepper.com (http://www.alldrpepper.com) theres just jack crappy there now, as always. I even had someone contact me http://www.w1dpm.com/ about it. Expect we were both too busy. I with work and my normal bull**** of a life, and him with school and all his classes.

Ha, looks like his classes paid off (while i still have the same bull**** at work, damnit) Loook a Dr Pepper board *hearts and bubbles* His skills have really improved.

Yah well, theres your little taste of PK babble. Enjoy it while you can, you know you love it. tongue.gif

[ 11-11-2002, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: PeaceKitty ]

drpep
11-14-2002, 11:04 AM
In 2002 when big Coke took over little Coke in my area Dr Pepper on pack promotions and coupons have disappeared. Is Dr Pepper doing any on pack (12 packs) promtions nationwide? I've seen some regonial college football stuff. This time last year Dr Peppper was on it fourth promo. Now all I see in area stores is the plain Dr Pepper 12 pack. Where are the coupons? For the first time in years I've paid regular price for a 12 pack.

drpep
11-15-2002, 06:27 PM
So just after I post this Diet Dr Pepper 12 packs with Spiderman DVD promo packaging and 65cent off coupon appear. These come from a NYC canner so hopefully the no name canner of reg Dr Pepper will soon so up with coupons.

PeaceKitty
11-15-2002, 06:35 PM
I'm so happy a coffee place moved in by my work and they sell GLASS bottled Dr Pepper. I'm within walking distance of bottled DP (GLASS!) when i'm at work now..ha-hhahahah yah.

And its been like a whole year but i finally managed to do some Dr Pepper Fanart. It was like a quick manip but i like the overall effect. I took a girl a flower and a can of DP and blended them together and gave it an overall softer and glowing effect.
http://www.thedpq.com/art/manip02.jpg

[ 11-15-2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: PeaceKitty ]

drpep
11-20-2002, 06:27 PM
Now all Dr Pepper product has Spiderman and football promo labels plus coupons plus its on sale for 1.99 a 12 pack. Now I can once again stock up with 69 cent 12 packs. Yup, 69 cents. 1.99 minus a doubled 65 cent coupon equals a whopping 69 cents!!!

Fixx
11-26-2002, 10:27 PM
Ok, now that Dr Pepper Red Fusion is out, I wonder if Dublin Dr Pepper is going to put out a cane sugar Red Fusion. Hmmm.....

Just curious

Later

Fixx
12-03-2002, 02:02 PM
PK, good to have you back on the board. Looking forward to more 'psycho babble' ;) from you.
JUSTTT...messin with ya

Later

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-04-2002, 12:25 AM
fixx...someone on this post earlier deduced that because red fusion has never been made with cane sugar, there is no separate recipe for it and thus it will never be made. it's highly unfortunate as i would really like to try that hypothetical product. i'm not the keenist on

Fixx
12-06-2002, 01:58 PM
Remember, I said 'I wonder if Dublin Dr Pepper is going to come out with a cane sugar version of this drink'. I have been in this biz for a LONG time and know that you just cant suddenly come out with something that has not been produced. It needs to go to R&D first to make sure it can be done with the ingredient 'cane sugar' vs. HFCS which Fusion was originally made.

I was just curious to see if it will be done by Dublin Dr Pepper.

Later

drpep
12-08-2002, 09:00 PM
I find it strange in Scranton, Pa that there is a Dr Pepper bottler in town but a lot of the Dr Pepper on local shelves comes from "local Pepsi bottler" or RC Winchester.

xlogold
12-09-2002, 12:47 AM
That happens in some places too I noticed.

Terry K
12-09-2002, 06:19 AM
I find it strange in Scranton, Pa that there is a Dr Pepper bottler in town but a lot of the Dr Pepper on local shelves comes from "local Pepsi bottler" or RC Winchester.What happens quite frequently is that not every bottler runs every size. Ozarks Coke is a good example of this. They don't (and never) have had a can line. They only run 20oz/1 & 2 litres. In those cases, they buy product from another bottler. Heck, some of Cans of Squirt and Canada Dry on shelves here are from a PBG bottler, and NOT another coke bottler. When they have to migrate to fridge pack/cool 12 pack, this is gonna be rather interesting, because I can't think of a plant that does run them that's coke. (although Chicago has Tahitian Treat in Cool 12 packs)

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-09-2002, 09:05 AM
remember fixx, all i said was what someone assumed earlier, say a page earlier, in this post.

i highly doubt that dublin dr p is in the r&d business unless they have a chem. lab behind their store.

it's unfortunate, as i'd like to see it in 8oz glass.

drpep
12-09-2002, 10:36 AM
Maybe the Scranton DP bottler got out of the can business. Most stores had the locally bottled 2 liters and some had out of town, but all cans were out of town.
Also Diet Caffeine Free Dr Pepper was found in 12 pack cans. This is the farthest north I've seen it.

Terry K
12-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
remember fixx, all i said was what someone assumed earlier, say a page earlier, in this post.

i highly doubt that dublin dr p is in the r&d business unless they have a chem. lab behind their store.

it's unfortunate, as i'd like to see it in 8oz glass.As I understand it, Dublin DP gets everything other than bottles from Temple Bottling (Can anyone tell us if two litres of Dublin DP exist?)

I know all their canned stuff is temple and presumably, Red Fusion is too.

fusion
12-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Quite a few of the smaller bottlers in the Mid-Atlantic used Mid-Atlantic Canners for their can lines. Like Terry said, not everyone bottles all their own products. I know that Central Coke still buys from MAC, and ABARTA does buy some as well. You can always tell the difference, because ABARTA still uses those weird round-corner 12 pack boxes, and MAC uses the traditional 12 pack box.

Here in the Mid-Atlantic Division of CCE, we have specialized facilities for each of our product sizes. Baltimore just runs cans, Silver Spring does 20oz, Alexandria makes 1 liter and 2 liter bottles. Our southern facility in the Richmond area runs primarily half liter 6 packs and 8 packs, but it's a newer facility, so it has the lines to also run 12 packs and 1L/2L. Our lemonade/pink lemonade 2 liters all come from down there.

Most of our Dasani comes from somewhere in the greater Pittsburgh area. Some comes from Philadelphia, some from NYC or Salisbury NC.

boodoo
12-10-2002, 09:05 AM
Dublin only bottles their returnable glass. The 8oz NR's come from Temple Bottling.

Myriads
01-06-2003, 12:47 AM
You lucky glass bottle people! I'd like to get it in ANY bottle glass or plastic. In upstate NY you cannot get Dr Pepper in the 16oz bottle size except 1 at a time out of convience store cases. You get to choose between 12 oz cans, or six packs of 24oz monster bottles at retail.

Anyone hear about Dr Pepper Double? A friend saw it in The Carolinas while passing through.

Myriads

drpep
01-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Where in NY are you? In Corning/Elmira Dr Pepper is sold in 20oz singles an 16.9 six packs. This is from a Coke bottler, you must get DP bottled by Pepsi.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-10-2003, 05:21 PM
what's dr pepper double?

drpep
03-05-2003, 09:53 PM
I'm getting hosed again by the local Coke bottler who handles Dr Pepper. I can find 12 pack cans in surrounding towns with the Jeep Liberty promo and 65 cent coupon but not in my town. this is the second or third time a 12 pack promo has passed us by. I've become accustomed to using these coupons when stocking up on Dr P.
We have plenty of 2 liter and 20oz promo packs but no 12 pack cans. I fear if Dr P does a racing promo this year it will pass me by. Last Nascar themed promo say me buy record number of 12 packs.

Fixx
03-16-2003, 02:21 PM
If a bottler is to be a bottler with any notoriety, they have a R&D dept. (R&D = Research and Development).
I believe, from my experience in getting glass/cans of pure cane Dr Pepper (notice PK, no dot) from Dublin Dr Pepper that they are pretty sophisticated. They appear to be 'that little small bottler from Dublin, Tx' but they arent.

I have enjoyed Red Fusion actually, and typically I am not a fan of berry flavored drinks but they got it right. Wonder if they will make another line extension of Red Fusion and create a Diet Red Fusion. hmmm.......

Later.

drpep
03-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Fixx:

Wonder if they will make another line extension of Red Fusion and create a Diet Red Fusion. hmmm.......

Later.Hmmmm....maybe this spring?
The best part of being the guy who locks up the grocery store on a Sunday night is I get to go thru all the unsold newspapers and claim the coupons. I'm the proud owner of 34 coupons for a free 2 liter bottle of Red Fusion smile.gif smile.gif

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-16-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Myriads:
You lucky glass bottle people! I'd like to get it in ANY bottle glass or plastic. In upstate NY you cannot get Dr Pepper in the 16oz bottle size except 1 at a time out of convience store cases. You get to choose between 12 oz cans, or six packs of 24oz monster bottles at retail.

Anyone hear about Dr Pepper Double? A friend saw it in The Carolinas while passing through.

Myriadsanyone know what she is talking about?

dr pepper double

PeaceKitty
03-16-2003, 11:56 PM
anyone know what she is talking about?Not a clue...

ohmygod am i still signed up for this place? This post is still going? Glee!!!

How are you my lil Dr Pepper minions? How is your quest to go forth and produce more lil Dr Pepper minions? Good? Great? WOW!

My mini-obsession with Red Fusion is over. Frankly i *looks left looks right...and whispers* ...like Cherry Cokeover Red Fusion

It never stuck with me. There was a nice period of random-insanity where i couldn't wait to get ahold of the stuff..but then...meh. It died (it screamed as it died its slow painful death) and i stick to Dr Pepper or, if none is to be found. Cherry Coke.

The best part of being the guy who locks up the grocery store on a Sunday night You mean theres no chicks there as a job perk? I'm sorry.

But hey i'm very coupon-happy right now since i just recently got laid off. I might have to cut down my DP drinking habits to save a little bit of money.
A bored Peacekitty is a thirsty Peacekitty. Ee-gads you can't imagine how much Dr Pepper i drank this week, and its only been laid off a week. I'm going to get into dangerous levels of Dr Pepper if i stay home much longer w/o curbing my intake.

Well, i'm off. vooom! Just wanted to post a little random insanity to brighten you days. My current status is:Not DeaD

Enjoy!

Shatter
03-17-2003, 12:24 AM
The best part of being the guy who locks up the grocery store on a Sunday night is I get to go thru all the unsold newspapers and claim the coupons. I'm the proud owner of 34 coupons for a free 2 liter bottle of Red Fusion [Smile] I picked up a huge pad of 50 cents off coupons from 7-11, and bought loads of 20 oz. bottles at my store when we were selling them at 50 cents! I didn't have to buy a Red Fusion for about 4 months!

drpep
03-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by PeaceKitty:
You mean theres no chicks there as a job perk? I'm sorry.

Well there are chicks, but when they are 17 and I'm pushing 40 :( I just does not seem right.
Plus my wife would get upset with me :(

drpep
03-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Finally, 10 pages smile.gif

PeaceKitty
03-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Wooo 10 pages! Feel the joy!

Well there are chicks, but when they are 17 and I'm pushing 40 I just does not seem right.
Plus my wife would get upset with me
Hahaha point taken =P Although from my experience being married never stopping a guy from looking =P

BTW *holds up sign*
ASP Programmer for hire
Will Work 4 Dr Pepper

[ 03-17-2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: PeaceKitty ]

drpep
03-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Oh I look ;)

drpep
05-07-2003, 08:40 PM
Great,last year Spiderman cans this year X-men.
Hopefully next year Debbie Does Dallas cans.

fusion
05-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Cott has been busy producing a new line of house brand sodas for Albertson's/Acme. Their Pepper knockoff is called "Dr Bold."

drpep
05-13-2003, 10:48 PM
I will check Albertsons next month when in Florida.
Starting to find the X-men cans in the Erie, Pa area. Bottled by PBG.

drpep
05-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Since CCE has taken over Coke/Dr Pepper in my area the appearance of on pack promtions suck. Dr Pepper distributed by Pepsi(west and south of me) is first out with the promos and then CCE catches up just as the promo is dying down. I completed my Spiderman cans and X-men cans before CCE even got them. I hear Harry Pottermay be next (UGH! :( :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: ) but I'll have to collect anyways.

teamtitan512
05-27-2003, 11:17 PM
That's funny because here Coke in Pittsburgh nor Pepsi anywhere else do any promos here. Only the DPSU areas have them in this region.

Terry K
05-28-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
That's funny because here Coke in Pittsburgh nor Pepsi anywhere else do any promos here. Only the DPSU areas have them in this region.In Southern MO, Coke runs Dr Pepper (Ozarks Coke, a very HIGH quality bottler who cuts no corners) and they promo the heck out of DP. You can tell when they order cans from CCE since they have no promos on them. THe ones they get from Great Plains Coke do have LOTS of promos on the 12 pks like 65 cents off one or $1 off two, or some variant.

This botter even promos 20 oz ones like there's no tomorrow. They run 20 oz coupons like buy one get one free, or 55 cents off a 20 oz red fusion. (Kroger had Super Double Coupons last week and I got nearly 80 bottles of RF for free!)

Shatter
06-19-2003, 12:31 AM
Here in Dallas, they're introducing Dr Pepper in fridge packs! I saw one in the back room at work today, but I was so busy that I didn't have time to go to the soda aisle and check out which flavors are in the new fridge packs. I'll have to check tomorrow.

teamtitan512
06-19-2003, 05:36 PM
So is this DPSU's answer to the Fridge Pack? I wonder if they will be called Cool Packs like the Fridge Packs used on their products by Coke.

Shatter
06-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Well, we had a damaged one in the back room, but no fridge packs on the shelves. So I have no idea where it came from.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-21-2003, 04:01 PM
hey i saw 18packs of dr pepper for the first time ever. on the bottom side, you know how they put promos for like theme parks and ****, well, they had GREAT VALUE! written in some dumb cursive and with exclamation points. it was hilariously lame.

bigrich
07-08-2003, 11:07 PM
I do not usually drink pepper, but lately I have been drinking it alot. I have been buying West Jefferson Dr Pepper and it really tastes better than what Pepsi-Americas produces here.

[ 07-08-2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

Terry K
07-09-2003, 11:39 AM
So is this DPSU's answer to the Fridge Pack? I wonder if they will be called Cool Packs like the Fridge Packs used on their products by Coke.This would be correct. Here's what the rest of the DPSU family will look like in Fridge Packaging:

http://www.salutetosoda.com/ctppromo.jpg

These are in production in one market we know of, and its a PEPSI market. So, DPSU the answer is yes, DPSU has settled on Cool Pack for all of its products.

fusion
07-09-2003, 12:17 PM
I've also seen Dr Pepper and Schweppes in Cool 12 packs, from various Coke bottlers.

teamtitan512
07-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Interesting packages. Has Squirt been seen in Coke markets in Cool Packs, or have those markets not switched yet to FP's?

Terry K
07-10-2003, 02:51 AM
Interesting packages. Has Squirt been seen in Coke markets in Cool Packs, or have those markets not switched yet to FP's?I've only seen Squirt in Cool Packs in Wyoming. They're the only bottler I know of who runs all the core DPSU products (Sunkist, Welch's, Squirt, A&W, DP, 7up) in Cool Packs yet. I've seen all 3 Squirts (Regular, Diet and Ruby Red) in Cool Packs.

However, I haven't seen a Coke bottler who has Squirt who's selling it in CP, yet.

Shatter
07-10-2003, 06:09 PM
I haven't seen another Dr Pepper Fridge Pack since that one I saw weeks ago. It just has me wondering where it came from. Someone could have bought it in another town and returned it to us. It's one of those incredibly stupid things that Kroger customers are so good at. Like buying something that's a Target or Wal-Mart brand, and trying to return it to us, insisting that they bought it at our Kroger. And end up in a screaming argument that they bought it here and refusing to leave until they get their money back. Without a receipt, of course.

Shatter
07-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Well, the back room at my store has pallets of 'new' Dr Pepper packaging. They're called "Fridge Vendor Packs". They are exactly the same as the old 12-pack design, except the end where you traditionally open it up to let cans roll out one at a time is bright yellow and slightly redesigned to keep the cans rolling out of the fridge and onto the floor. Not much of a real improvement, though.

drpep
07-24-2003, 09:26 PM
I noticed today that the Kmarts in Sarye and Towanda, Pa do not carry Dr Pepper. They do have Red Fusion 2 liters.

teamtitan512
07-24-2003, 09:43 PM
It may be like the Kmart in Chambersburg, PA where you'll look on the aisle and there's no Dr Pepper either. However, they had a display in front of the Pantry of 12 packs. Thing is Dr Pepper is technically independent in these parts, Davis distributes 7Up and the rest of the brands, and Winchester distributes Dr Pepper. In most places, they're marketed together in that region, but sometimes, they get marketed separately.

drpep
07-24-2003, 09:56 PM
In the area I was in today I don't know who brings the actual product into the stores but the Dr Pepper has caps from Davis, Winchester and Crystal Water Soda.

drpep
08-21-2003, 09:29 PM
This sucks but I'm so POed with the local Dr Pepper distributor for not participating heavily in on pack promtions that I have run out of Dr Pepper because I refuse to buy DP from Coke. I just can not find the time to cross the border to get Pepsi bottled Dr Pepper. Glad Red Fusion is around.

drpep
09-06-2003, 11:33 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DR PEPPER MAKES IT TO VICTORY LANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To bad it was as an associate sponsor and not a full sponsor but it was great anyways. YEE HAA!!!!

JACK
09-07-2003, 09:51 AM
The might be only Dr Pepper sponsorship you will see in '04

drpep
09-08-2003, 11:08 AM
What are you hearing Jack?

drpep
12-10-2003, 09:00 PM
In the Dublin Texas area is Dublin Dr Pepper the only Dr Pepper in stores or does is co-exist with corn syrup Dr Pepper? I see on the order I just received that Temple Bottling Co handles the cans for Dublin.

boodoo
12-11-2003, 07:16 AM
It is my understanding that the only thing Dublin DP produces are the returnable glass bottles. The cans and NR bottles are produced by Temple Bottling. I would bet that the 20oz and 2 liters in their market are from Turner (Dallas) and therefore made with corn syrup.

drpep
01-27-2004, 11:49 AM
No Dr Pepper in Nascar this year :(

Shatter
02-19-2004, 04:36 AM
Dr Pepper bottled in Dallas has finally switched over to fridge packs. Most of the popular flavors have made the switch.

XLS_04
02-19-2004, 06:44 PM
It would be nice if they were in 16oz. or 20oz. glass bottles.

drpep
03-02-2004, 09:57 PM
I am seeing a KFC commercial that shows a large Dr Pepper cup on a table next to the KFC box. Also saw in Burger King a menu board ad for its new chicken sandwich combo and Dr Pepper is the drink shown.

XLS_04
03-02-2004, 10:38 PM
So is it Kentucky Fried Chicken or Kitchen Fresh Chicken now? ;)

XLS_04
03-02-2004, 10:39 PM
So there is a mid Dr. Pepper in the works, I havent heard anything else about it lately.

drpep
03-03-2004, 09:03 PM
I am seeing a KFC commercial that shows a large Dr Pepper cup on a table next to the KFC box. Also saw in Burger King a menu board ad for its new chicken sandwich combo and Dr Pepper is the drink shown. I forgot to finish the post. So I was wondering if Dr Pepper is stepping up promotions with fast food chains or if it just a coincidence that Dr Pepper was used instead of the usual Coke cup.

ben
03-23-2004, 02:25 AM
I LIKE DR.PEPPER (I ALSO LIKE MR.PIBB) BUT I THINK THAT COCA-COLA DOSE A MUCH BETTER JOB AT BOATTLING IT

drpep
03-23-2004, 10:44 AM
CC lover, you were banned from one board. Hopefully the same will happen here.

xJABBERWOCKx
03-29-2004, 01:03 PM
I was pretty pissed off when I saw those new "kitchen fresh chicken" commercials, as though they are trying to forget what the letters REALLY stand for. But I think nobody bought it, and I recently saw a commercial with the true "Kentucky Fried Chicken" name.

And where is peacekitty? I guess she doesn't use her old email account anymore.

Also, I thought you had to register before using any boards except free for all.

And Dr...Pepper sucks! smile.gif

drpep
05-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Received an email from a board member about a Dr Pepper/Spiderman 2 20 contest bottle. Will have to look for that when I hit the road Tues.

May 17,2004 - Day four of no Dr Pepper. :(

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-17-2004, 08:38 AM
why no dp?

drpep
05-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Ran out. Did not stock up because I plan on buying lots of bottles when passing thru the Carolinas. Getting by on Red Fusion.

fusion
05-20-2004, 07:46 PM
I bought some Pepsi-produced Dr Pepper in NC the other day, I have to say I think it's the worst tasting DP I've ever had.

drpep
05-28-2004, 09:19 PM
I got 1 case 8oz glass Dr Pepper in the car now.

fusion
05-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Where'd you find it?

drpep
05-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Cheer-wined gave me directions. I found it in Sanford and Lillington, NC. More details when I get home.

teamtitan512
05-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Fusion, Pepsi-produced DP is why I hate the drink. I've never actually had any others. I tried getting RC-Winchester, and got a bottle of PepsiAmericas they shipped in just for that day :( .

sundrop
05-29-2004, 05:44 PM
I totally agree, Pepsi has Dr Pepper in my area and I can drive 60 miles to Charlotte where CCBCC has it and I can tell a difference.

teamtitan512
05-30-2004, 02:13 AM
Consolidated has Dr Pepper in Charlotte? I thought Pepsi had it and Sunkist there. That's what past reports indicated.

SamC
05-30-2004, 08:17 AM
CCBCC has Dr Pepper in Mecklinburg County, which is Charlotte. And they use a plastic version of the "Dr Pepper bottle", not the bottle that Coke uses for its non-Coke, non-Sprite offerings.

I totally agree about Dr Pepper varriations between the bottlers. In my area, Pepsi has it. It horrid and I won't drink it. AND, they only offer it in packs of 12 oz cans or 24 oz bottles, nothing in between, except 20 oz singles. Cans are bad, and 24 oz bottles are too big.

The nearest county with third tier bottled Dr Pepper is about 45 miles away, I always "import" as much as I can from there every time I am traveling.

I really wish Dr Pepper would take the product back from Pepsi bottlers in retaliation for the 7UP Sierra Mist thing.

sundrop
05-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Consolidated's SPC(Snyder Production Center) has Coca-Cola Consolidated/Dr Pepper posted on the front of their building. Our bulk deliverys come from Snyder each night and sometimes Dr Pepper or Diet Dr Pepper will be loaded on by mistake. Just the other day I saw some Dr Pepper PET Fridgepacks come in place of Sprite. I could not resist the opportunity to pick on the Pepsi merchandiser by telling him we taking Dr Pepper from them. :D

drpep
05-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Where'd you find it? The Dr Pepper 8oz glass 6 packs were found in Lillington, NC at the IGA and in Sanford, NC at the Piggly Wiggly and Winn Dixie. The IGA was best because all the Coke 8oz glass was $2.99 and the PW had them for $3.49. WD was $4.49 which is around the going rate for Coke 8oz glass 6 packs along the East Coast.
Sanford Coke distributes the DP in Lee and Harnett counties in NC (Cheer-wined may have better details).
Sanford bottles the Coke glass using bottles with citys embossed on the bottom ( I never looked to see if CCE of Consolidated use those type bottles for the Coke glass they produce. I found Sanford glass, Coke only, in South Hill, Va at the Farmers Foods.
Diet Coke glass was sourced from Bigleys(?)
Sprite glass came from Swire.
Dr Pepper came from Coke out of Union City, TN.

The Dr Pepper, Sprite, and Diet Coke all came in regular Coke 6 pack carriers.

[ 05-30-2004, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

drpep
06-04-2004, 09:11 PM
The Dr Pepper Spiderman 2 20oz bottles have shown up here. They do not have the look thru the eye feature. Plus the caps say Coca-Cola Bottlers Association instead of the usual CCE.

fusion
06-04-2004, 10:11 PM
If I remember correctly -- collect 11 of the special wrappers, and you can send them away for a t-shirt.

PBG Johnstown has started producing cubes with the S2 graphics on them. 2 liters from PBG Baltimore and Philadelphia Coke are also abundant around here.

teamtitan512
06-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Yes. The cubes have the SpiderMan promo going. Good for them. They usually didn't bother w/promotions, maybe they'll start working on the pitiful taste.

drpep
06-05-2004, 08:01 PM
I saw some Winchester Dr Pepper 12 packs in the DC area with the Spiderman 2 cans inside but using the generic 12 pack carton.

teamtitan512
06-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Winchester Dr Pepper in DC? You must've been in Loudoun County.

As for CCE, I saw tons of Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper Spider-Man promo Cool Packs all day long.

drpep
06-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I stopped at Food Lion and Safeway on Rt 1 in Dumfries,VA, Sheetz and Food Lion in Thurmont,MD and a 7-11 somewhere on Rt 15 in MD,plus Giant and Rutters in Dillsburg,PA. It had to be in one of those places, likely PA.
I can find plenty of stuff bottled by Winchester RC in the Scranton,PA area and towns northwest of Scranton.

teamtitan512
06-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Had to be Thurmont for Winchester-based DP. It's PBG in Dillsburg and Pepsi Shenandoah in Dumfries

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-08-2004, 08:38 PM
where's that all purpose dp link? the one about the period and such

drpep
06-08-2004, 09:02 PM
I can't remember. Just go to Yahoo and search for "Dr Pepper FAQ".
On the first page of this thread is the FAQ, posted in 1999. I think there have been some updates since.

[ 06-08-2004, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

drpep
08-02-2004, 10:27 AM
I just checked out the Dr Pepper website and saw the have a new promotion with Southwest Airlines where one can redeem UPCs for an airline gift certificate or one of several T-shirts. I'd take the T-shirts. Has anyone seen this promo yet? I don't expect my local Coke bottler to participate.
Also the list of UPCs mentions 18 packs (shown on the home page), 20 packs and 30 packs. I wonder if the 18 pack is for the mini cans. I've never seen the others.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-03-2004, 12:15 AM
in michigan they run 18packs of dr pepper 12oz cans. cce, usually out of FL

Irishpepsi04
08-03-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by sundrop:
I totally agree, Pepsi has Dr Pepper in my area and I can drive 60 miles to Charlotte where CCBCC has it and I can tell a difference. In Eastern Washington (Tri-Cities of Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland) and rest of SE Washington that is covered by Swire Coke code SW. Dr Pepper tastes better than Dr Pepper in Puget Sound and the rest of the state which is by PBG. I will keep driving to Eastern Washington time to time to stock up on CF Dr Pepper. Only $25 in gas round trip. Compared to shipping to have it delivered if I buy 10 12-packs of CF Dr Pepper

fusion
08-03-2004, 11:03 AM
I have seen the 18 packs of 8oz cans, in Lancaster PA. A friend that lives outside of Fort Worth tells me they have the 20 packs down there.

I would assume that the 36 pack is a Pepsi thing, since they run their own flavors in that package.

Check out www.dpsuupc.com (http://www.dpsuupc.com) for a listing of all the sizes/packages they make Dr Pepper (and other DPSU products) in.

[ 08-03-2004, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Shatter
08-07-2004, 11:03 PM
I've never seen 20 packs of 8 oz. cans here in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Maybe it's a special package for a particular chain of stores that I just haven't been in.

The Pepsi bottler in Baton Rouge, LA bottles Dr Pepper, and they put it into Pepsi's 20 oz. swirl bottles. I thought that was strange, because i'm so used to the angle bottles. When I passed through Beaumont, TX on the trip back, I found that Dr Pepper is handled by Coke, and they use the good ol' angle bottles, but they use a Coke looking shape in the little 12 oz. DP bottles, which i've also never seen before. My local Dr Pepper bottler is independant of Coke or Pepsi, so it suprised me to see some ot these Coke/Pepsi looking bottles with Dr Pepper in them. They even put Cheerwine in Dr Pepper angle bottles in Beaumont.

drpep
08-08-2004, 08:46 PM
I can find Dr Pepper in all kinds of bottles within an hour of my home.

bigrich
08-09-2004, 07:08 PM
It appears that Pepsi Americas here in Indiana has dumped Dr Pepper. It looks like ABC has just picked it up.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-10-2004, 12:01 AM
bueno

Cheer-wined
08-12-2004, 08:28 PM
at latest count, there are 15 different shapes/sizes (not including multi-packs) of DP in my area. I am still waiting for the 4-liter or 4-ounce.

Shatter
08-12-2004, 11:41 PM
I have to drive something like an hour and a half just to get into another Dr Pepper distributor's region. Everything here in Texas is spread out.

zipper
08-13-2004, 11:27 AM
It's not so much that it's spread out as that Dr Pepper is king in TX. Since it isn't distributed by Pepsi in one county and Coke in another it has to carry the whole area on its own.

zipper
08-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Shatter, Do you know of a place in the area where you can find the cane-sugar DP at a decent price or bottles of the syrup? I normally pick them up when I drive through Waco, but I haven't had reason to do so lately.

Shatter
08-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Why yes, I do know where you can find Dublin DP by the case! In fact, i'm amazed that he hasn't responded yet! One of the members here, Boodoo, works at Mountain Valley Water in Dallas, and they import Dublin DP. I've bought a few cases from his place of business. Look up his profile and drop him a message. He'll be happy to help! smile.gif

drpep
11-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Not that anyone cares but I have decided that when I head south again I will fill up with Dr Pepper in glass from Sanford Coke instead of West Jefferson Dr Pepper. I just can not get thrilled by real sugar in Dr Pepper.

Drink
11-02-2004, 12:35 AM
We just have Dr.Pepper in 20oz plastic

drpep
12-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Just tried some Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper and it was not as bad as I thought. I pretty much tasted like reg Diet Dr Pepper with a smooth vanilla aftertaste. Makes me wish I had a can of reg CV DP to try.

Drink
12-10-2004, 06:54 PM
I tried it and I like it alot. But I don't think I would buy it as much as I do Dr Pepper

EnergyKing
01-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Check this link out DR Pepper Knock offs.

http://www.kibo.com/kibofood/dr_pepper.html

drpep
01-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Been there, but it has not been updated since Clinton was president. There are some up to date ones like www.fakedrpepper.com. (http://www.fakedrpepper.com.) That one has links to others also.

drpep
01-19-2005, 10:57 AM
I was at Dr Pepper's website and found this on the Cherry Vanilla section:
"Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper is the first in a series of exciting new Soda Fountain Classics from Dr Pepper coming soon to a soda fountain near you"
I wonder what they have planned and if it really will be near me.

MISTICman
01-20-2005, 12:44 AM
I saw DIET Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper in Reidsville NC last week. I have yet to see the non-diet version. I doubt I'll try it since I don't like vanilla or Dr. Pepper.

PeaceKitty
01-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Ah yes, the sweet bliss of bumping posts.

Can you believe this? I'm still alive and remember this place! I wonder how many people from the old BB are still here. I think i was like 16 when i starting stalking you people and your knowledge of Dr Pepper. Ah! So much has happened of the years! Feels like another lifetime!

I never did manage to make a real site, although you can still see the last design i did which was 2000ish. http://www.thedpq.com/alldrpepper/ Ah bliss.

As for Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper.. ew just ew.

Also, i just realized i'm member 48... i'm slightly depressed that i didn't get 42. Its somehow just unhair.

[ 01-21-2006, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: PeaceKitty ]

10*2*4
01-22-2006, 04:11 AM
Hey there PK.....wondered where you ran off too....some of us oldtimers are still hanging around......sure good to see you again......

JACK
01-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Member 31 here...nice to see you all...

Great topic too

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-22-2006, 04:46 PM
i've been around for awhile. and before this name, there was my name meerkat119.

ramonazo
01-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Guys... after reading all the week this topic, that made me want to go for a Dr. Pepper so today I went to Wal-Mart and I bought three cans...

Actually I'm drinking one right now tongue.gif

Unfortunately I will never never see Cherry Vanilla or Berries and Cream here... :(

[ 01-29-2006, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

xJABBERWOCKx
01-29-2006, 06:21 PM
It's reunion time again.

drpep
01-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Speaking of reunions, whatever happened to Fixx and XTC and Fitzgeraldhead and dlhancock among ohters?

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-29-2006, 09:59 PM
fixx changed names didn't he

xJABBERWOCKx
01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
I believe so. Man, I LOVED those guys. Or that guy, I believed that XTC and Fitzgeraldhead were the same guy, based on the fact that one would always post right after the other and it would turn into a silly argument. I was just a 15 year old kid back then...maybe even younger before I stopped lurking and actually registered here.

fusion
01-30-2006, 06:33 AM
Or Shawn Strangebrew?

Now that was one cool shop he ran.

drpep
01-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Boris and his Tea Time teas?

drpep
01-31-2006, 08:58 PM
I was looking through a book called Made In America (misleading title, Hot Wheels and Life Savers are NOT made in America) and there was a page on Dr Pepper. The can used for the illustration was a can I've never seen. It was the standard DP color with a large white Z with a blue border. The background was either a splash or droplets of a liquid. The logo on the can was "Zero added sugars. Great Taste". Near the rim was a yellow burst with "Try Me" in it.
This was a fairly new book release with a 2005 copyright.

drpep
01-31-2006, 09:50 PM
Have been informed that this "new" can design is from the UK.

ramonazo
02-01-2006, 01:33 AM
Talking about new... the dallas cup website shows the new Dr. Pepper logo...

http://www.dallascup.com/imgs/home/DC27DrPepperOval.jpg

www.dallascup.com (http://www.dallascup.com)

Theta Sigma
04-03-2006, 03:01 AM
Life would not be worth living without the old doc. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
04-03-2006, 07:17 AM
....as well, Coca Cola and Pepsi.
And also Dannon Spring Water. smile.gif

[ 04-03-2006, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

drpep
06-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Dr Pepper has the Hummer H3 promo where 23 Hummer H3 are to be given away. I was ready to toss an empty Diet DP 20oz with this promo label when I noticed that Dr Pepper was offering a Pepper pack for 23 specially marked labels. The pack includes a T-shirt, hat and lunchbox. Sucks that this offer is only on 20 oz since I drink Dr Pepper out of cans. I picked up a few in Ohio and Erie, Pa thinking I'd just bite the bullet and buy 18 more bottles when I got home. Too bad I can't find the special marked bottles in any store near me. I finally found 6 more in Troy, Pa after driving all over looking for some. My place of employment finally got a shipment of new bottles today. So far only Pepsi bottled Dr Pepper seems to be offering this promo.

[ 06-23-2006, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: drpep ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-24-2006, 01:16 AM
right now i have 6 of those pepper pack labels, i plan to get one

fusion
06-24-2006, 07:53 PM
I was actually considering looking around RC Winchester territory and see if they sold any 6pk 20oz with the promo labels.. 4 6 packs, and that would be enough for the pack.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-24-2006, 09:28 PM
that is a good idea

drpep
06-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Still waiting for Diet DP 20oz with the promo to show up. I'd rather drink diet on break than regular.
Also found out that a local grocer running 12 packs of Coke product at 4/$10 for most of the summer, including Dr Pepper, will not have either Cherry Vanilla versions in stock because Coke would rather have fast selling items on the shelf instead of slow ones taking up space. Where I work Pepsi has yet to bring in CVDP or B&C DP in cans. I like Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper and can't get it in cans.

drpep
06-29-2006, 07:31 PM
On the new label Dr Peppers the Diet does not have the "23 Authentic Blends" logo. :confused:

drpep
06-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Looks like a lot of stores around here have dumped Cherry Vanilla and Diet CV for the Berries and Cream.

drpep
10-30-2006, 10:00 PM
I just ordered a new book that I never knew existed, The Road to Dr Pepper,Texas; The Story of Dublin Dr Pepper by Karen Wright. Looks like it had come out this year. Hope it's good.

drpep
11-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Got the book several weeks ago and finished it. Not great, not bad. The first half is mostly about Dublin Dr Pepper founder Sam Prim and his brother and their business outside of the bottling plant. Most of this book is made up of research done from old copies of the local papers. The second part where Billie Kloster takes over the plant is more interesting. Learned one tidbit. When Billie's grandson joined the bottling plant in the 90's he tried to talk his grandfather out of using Imperial Cane Sugar to save costs. Mr Kloster resisted and his grandson finally realized the unique product and following they had.

drpep
02-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Jim Carey was on Letterman's show this week promoting his movie 23. He held up a can of Dr Pepper but the camera could not pick up the 23 flavors logo on the can.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Guess what!, Diet Dr. Pepper is now on sale in Mexico!, I went to Comercial Mexicana this friday, and in the soda aisle I saw several 6-packs of Diet Dr. Pepper cans with the new logo and I grabbed one, I thought they were american but when I saw the legend "Cont. Net. 355 ml" I found out they're mexican, so now we have Diet Dr. Pepper here and the new retro style Dr. Pepper logo is now here also but only in the diet version, it hasn't appeared in the regular version yet...

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Jim Carey was on Letterman's show this week promoting his movie 23. He held up a can of Dr Pepper but the camera could not pick up the 23 flavors logo on the can.

I have on cable a channel called American Network and they're airing right now the Letterman show with the Carrey interview (a little late, isn't it?), I just saw that! really funny! :D

"OH LOOK!, IT'S 23!!"

BTW, seeing Jim Carrey drinking a Dr Pepper makes me want to drink one :P

drpep
04-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Travel Channel's Made In America show featured Dr Pepper Tuesday night. Just a brief history and a look at Dublin's bottling line. One interesting thing shown was a photo from the 1904 St Louis Worlds Fair that pictured a Dr. Pepper banner stating "No caffeine, No Drugs". I guess in the begining Dr Pepper was caffeine free.

fusion
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
A picture of the Dr Pepper shelf space at the Martin's in Staunton VA - distributor is indie Dr Pepper Staunton/Halmor Corp. They also are one of the last remaining non-Pepsi Mountain Dew Distributors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/drpepper-staunton.jpg

Production codes are NR (PBG Wytheville VA) for the cool packs, and GE (PBG Roanoke.. why haven't they switched?!?!) for the 3x4s.

drpep
01-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Found on flickr

love on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahgrantz/2193336195/)

fusion
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Nice work (whoever built that).

drpep
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Looks like Walmart and the person who took the photo lives in Enid, OK.

amyers
01-15-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm surprsied this one is still standing with no real support:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/IMG00193.jpg

drpep
06-23-2008, 03:02 PM
I see the limited edition Cherry Chocolate is no longer listed on Dr Pepper's website and has been gone form area stores for several weeks.

EmploymentSelect
07-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Dr. Pepper is pretty good, not my favorite though.

BottleBoss
07-15-2008, 06:43 PM
I wonder what would happen to the tower of coke cases when some idiot decided he wanted to take one of the cases out of the middle. You know that happens all the time in displays!

drpep
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Been told Dr Pepper with sugar is coming out in January 2010.

BottleBoss
12-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Dr. Pepper with sugar is a persistant rumour.

drpep
12-09-2009, 03:16 PM
This came from a Pepsi rep who knows I'm a Dr Pepper fan.

mofizz
12-09-2009, 03:26 PM
It's not a rumor. Dr. Pepper Heritage will launch at the same time as Pepsi and Dew Throwback (early Jan 2010). Probably not made with pure cane sugar like Dublin, but "natural sugar" like the Throwback line.

fusion
12-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Is it Pepsi bottler exclusive?

BottleBoss
12-10-2009, 08:42 AM
After years of hearing about it, it will be nice to actually see it on a store shelf. I'll buy it.

mofizz
12-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Is it Pepsi bottler exclusive?

I don't think so.

Themaster73
12-10-2009, 05:34 PM
It's not a rumor. Dr. Pepper Heritage will launch at the same time as Pepsi and Dew Throwback (early Jan 2010). Probably not made with pure cane sugar like Dublin, but "natural sugar" like the Throwback line.

How many weeks is this going on for? 8 weeks?

Will this be in 2 liter bottles, 20 oz bottles, or 12 pack cans? or a combination of all 3?

There have been no advertisements for this online, unless they are waiting until 2010 to advertise

Throwback will relaunch Dec 28 2009, Heritage will already be behind when it comes out.

mofizz
12-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Not quite sure. Typical LTO is 8 weeks, so it's very possible. My guess would be 20oz and 12pks. They may launch with the Throwbacks on Dec 28. That would make sense for the Pepsi bottlers handling Dr.Pepper.

Themaster73
12-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Not quite sure. Typical LTO is 8 weeks, so it's very possible. My guess would be 20oz and 12pks. They may launch with the Throwbacks on Dec 28. That would make sense for the Pepsi bottlers handling Dr.Pepper.

In my area Coca Cola bottles Dr Pepper

fusion
12-11-2009, 05:57 PM
It's being reported that only Pepsi bottlers with DP will be carrying it.

Oh, and we're on page 50!

the saint
12-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I really feel sorry for you guys that do not have access to DP with sugar, it is pretty much an everyday thing around here. I can pick it up a numerous c stores on my route that drive the 15 minutes outside of great plains area and pick up themselves to sell, or I can drive the 7 miles from my house and pick it up myself.

drpep
02-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Did not know until today that Dr Pepper turned 125 years old in January.

Cheer-wined
02-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Did not know until today that Dr Pepper turned 125 years old in January.
Yeah it's almost as old as this thread.

janstett
03-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I've never been a huge Dr. Pepper fan. I'd throw it into the rotation as a changeup every now and then.

But now that I've tasted the Dublin Dr. Pepper, I'm hooked. It's one of my favorite three sodas.