PDA

View Full Version : Dr Pepper

Pages : [1] 2

PeaceKitty
06-23-1999, 08:21 PM
Heya,
For those of you who read the BB when it was using the old format, you may recall me and my rants and raving about how spiffy Dr Pepper is and how i was going to make a Dr Pepper page.

Well it doesn't really take long for my attention span to snap so needless to say i never really got around to making the page.

I'm posting this message to tell you A-HA! I am fianlly making a Dr Pepper Shrine, Mailing List and Webring (i have way to much free time now k?) I pretty much have the layout all set up, cept i want more info so i can atleast sound like i know what i'm talking about.

So if u know of any sites or info (which i know u just want to mail to me RIGHT?) about Dr Pepper that u think is cool. E-mail them to me at dpq@mailcity.com

I'm looking for:
-Weird things people have done for Dr Pepper
-Spiffy Fan sites
-Informative sites
-Web images
-A Dr Pepper Counter
-Dr Pepper Images in general.
-Dr Pepper stats
-anything eles u feel should be on a Shrine

Yes yes i know u probably think this is lame because u either dislike Dr Pepper or u don't like it enought to spend time on making a page for it. Guess what, I DO, plus i have way to much free time.

So anywayz (babbling along) if u could either post feedback on this topic that would be SO GREAT!

Thanks
The Typo Queen
-PeaceKitty

sodapop
07-04-1999, 12:07 AM
Everyone has different tastes and is intilled to there own opionion. However, I think that Dr. P is "nasty". Personally, a peace of advice, you need to drink up some R*C. Try it!! I know you'll be hooked from first sip- expecially if you like Dr.p.
Passing on good advice--
Soda:P

PeaceKitty
07-05-1999, 03:26 PM
*cringe* Why do people not grasp the simple concept that Dr Pepper has NO DOT!!!

Hmm lets see here. You post does contain advice but i seriously doubt it of the good kind. Give of Dr Pepper for RC?!?! ARE YOU JOKING?!?! That not only would be stupid but horribly WRONG! IS this some commie joke? Maybe your some Russian spy and for some unknown reason want to turn people away from the glorious drink known at Dr Pepper! Maybe *gasp* your a Nazi! DIE NAZI RAT BASTARD

*blinks* *blinks* I'm ok really, no really i'm ok.

heh, anywayz just saying that i don't like RC and i love Dr Pepper and poor poor pitiful u for liking one over the other but i guess each to his/her own.

BESIDES, Isn't it clear that i obsessed w/ the stuff and that your post was just asking to be put down? I MEAN MY GOD This whole post was about how much i like Dr Pepper that i am making a shrine for the stuff. Tsk tsk tsk.

Anyways, Dr Pepper rah rah rah.

-Pk, yeah i have no life, your point?

P.S
Your saying that Dr Pepper is "nasty" but then claim that if i liked Dr Pepper then i would HAVE to like RC which make no sense at all. Either Dr Pepper is bad and u hate it or its good and has a same effect on u as RC, or similar enough to RC that if u like one u would more than likly like the other. *shrugs*

[This message has been edited by PeaceKitty (edited 07-05-99).]

Fixx
07-06-1999, 12:08 PM
Peace,
First off, I was rolling on the floor at your humor. Too funny and I absolutely agree there is way too much time on your hands. But.....so be it.
Anyways, about your DP site (speaking from someone who remembers the old site). All I ask is that you include a link to the Dr Pepper bottling facility in Dublin, Texas. That is where pure cane Dr Pepper is produced and I believe the last pure cane DP facility in the country. For about $25, one can get a case of pure cane DP in the old 10-2-4 bottles in a wooden crate. Some of it is used for deposits but pure cane DP in glass. ROCKS!! But, if you dont want to part with all that money initially then get a case of cans for about $10 and have the real DP. It sure beats the heck out of anything on the market.
Also have a link or site, to Diet Dr Pepper. It tastes as close as you can get to the old time Dr Pepper.
Best of luck with your board, Peace.
Later.

PeaceKitty
07-07-1999, 02:28 PM
Wow,
I can now die happy. Atleast one person in this reality thinks i'm funny. Oh happy day.
*thinks* You sure your laughing w/ me and not AT me?!?!

Anywayz i will be sure to remember to put those links up if u would be so kind at to post them. Plus any other links u feel that should be on the page.

Diet DP is the only diet drink that i like. I really can't stand any other diet drink.

Since you obsession seems to fall on the pure cane DP how would u like to write a little comentary about it that i would post on the site? For whatever. Comparing it to the regular DP, to other sodas. Blah blah whatever u want

kendall
07-07-1999, 06:54 PM
HHHHMMMMMM, That is a funny thought!! RC instead of Dr Pepper...Are you some kind of backwoods inbred moron or something.. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but RC is a dead beverage and the makers of it ned to realize it and let it rest in peace Since they decided to not let it go out with at least enough dignity to not have to try and sell it for 59¢ for a 2 liter everyday just to get rid of it

PeaceKitty
07-09-1999, 06:58 PM
Now now lets not insult intellegence here. I mean this weird person just happens to like RC and probably cause they are brainwashed or something, but that doesn't mean their stupid . Tsk tsk tsk. Shame on u for insulting them like that! Its one thing to call them a Nazi Rat Bastard and TOTALLY another thing to call them a moron!

Umm yeahhh. Anyways what i'm saying yeah its cool to like go off and like any other drink except Dr Pepper. BUT MY GOD!?!? Why would you want to? Dr Pepper is such a spiffy drink? I've been drinking it hefore i could remember! Yeah so like, no offence if i call u a communist or a Nazi or anything k? Just playing.

FitzgeraldHead
07-09-1999, 10:23 PM
I like this back and forth conversation thing here. It helps me sleep better at night. The point here is yes, Dr. Pepper is good. I do like reading these intellectual conversations. Unfortuanately, I can think of a lot to say here. Just keep going I guess, and I'll keep reading. I just typed a bunch of crap cause I have nothing else better to do. I'm sure you get a lot of this Peace Kitty.

da Truth
07-09-1999, 10:36 PM
Sorry you think RC is dead. It may dead in your back woods, but not in mine. When I can't find and RC way out in the woods, I get a Dr Pepper. It makes sense.
Just because something does not do well in your woods does not mean it is that way every where.

Herculon
07-09-1999, 10:51 PM
Rc is dead? Far from it? $.59 two liters? I wish they sold for that cheap where I live. Around here I pay $3.00 for a 12 pack. It's sold in 98% percent of all grocery stores. It down, but it's not out.

kendall
07-09-1999, 11:42 PM
Actually I meant to hit the 8 not 5 that should have read 89¢ not 59¢ but still Coke, Pepsi are at least $1.19 and the rest ( Shasta, Best Yet, etc.) are in the 89¢-99¢ range. Personally that doesnt say a whole lot for RC in my book.
I should know I spent 8 years of my life trying to throw dirt out of a grave to try and keep it alive. One day I decided to crawl out and save myself. I will say it is much easier to kick dirt in RCs grave than it was trying to throw it back out.I wish them the best of luck, they need it desperatly.
Also, for the record peace kitty, I asked if he was a moron, I did not call him one. If that is what he chooses to drink then so be it, I personally could never drink the stuff, too sweet and tasted flat to me. But then again I do not drink pop usually water and tea.

PeaceKitty
07-10-1999, 12:56 AM
|-=WOW=-|
Do you realize that the messages posted for this message doubled in one day! HAPPY DAY! Anyone besides me notices that the past two messages that have 10+ post include me in them? (this one and the Mr. Pibb one). Is it really so wrong to convince myself that its my spiffy posts that keep people going? Heh

FitzgeraldHead: (AH DR PEPPER HAS NO DOT!)
Did u say "intellectual conversations" Don't you mean psycho-babbling?!?! Heh, don't i know about being brain dead! I have my moments when i can't think and type at the same time! My post get weird when that happen *smiles*. Do i get those kinda messages?!?! HELL I usually POST those type of messages!!

da Truth:Well if u think about it, would u cheer for a drink that is, say, doing FABULOUS in Japan but no one likes in here? Plus factor in that u yourself don't like the drink? Um well i probably had a good point when i started the post to u but it seems stupid now so i'll just leave the message as it is *nods nods*

Herculon: Whew do i wish DR PEPPER Was the cheap!! I can get a 2 liter bottle for 1-1.20 at a regular store but its like 1.70 at a liqur store down the street. Darn.

kendall: Ah, i see the typo demon is on your ass too eh? Same here. RC is in the lower soda price range down here as well. (CA) Atleast in my city. Graves? Death? Wow, that was a beatufil metaphore. Yeah i know u were just asking but if asked if u were a dumbass retard from hell, well i'm sure u and me wouldn't be good friends. *smiles*

Aw, do i HAVE to end this message? Is anyone out there still reading this message? Have u all stoped reading the message as you realize that i'm just rambling on not really saying anything of importance? Aren't you tired of me yelling about Dr Pepper having no dot? Don't u wish i would just shut up? Do u think reality is a myth, taught to us to keep us in line? Is evil an illusion? Does Dr Pepper have more of a meaning than mere mortals can grasp?!?

Yeah anyways....

-Pk, the who girl will soon not have as much free time as should would like cause she got a job

Herculon
07-10-1999, 02:40 PM
Wow, I must come from the backwoods or something. Here in Staunton, Virginia Coke and Pepsi (and Dr. Pepper) 2-liters usually sell from .85 to $1.19 if it's not on sale. RC is usually a nickel or dime cheaper than pepsi or coke. Shasta..well I haven't seen Shasta in a long time, I kinda miss it. You can get 2-liters of Dr. Wells for $.59 here (yes $.59) I guess that says something about Dr. Wells. I wouldn't buy the crap but a lot of people do.

Fixx
07-11-1999, 03:37 AM
Peace,
First off I do enjoy your humor. It is somewhat off the wall but always entertaining. But, let me know when you are ready to do the site and email me. I will be glad to write a commentary on the Dublin, Texas Dr Pepper plant with their pure cane Dr Pepper. It will probably be brief but I will do what I can to assist, IF you ask nicely!! hehehehe J/K

But I also wanted to comment on RC. First off, RC used to own the Northeast in marketshare. But a few marketing blunders here and there and they lost it big time to Pepsi. Since then, their marketshare around the country seems to just keep slipping away. All they can do is to hope that the floodgates dont come all at once. Their theory is to be a "price" soda. However, Coke and Pepsi are smart enough to recognize if they lose (or even pretend to lose even a bit of marketshare) they match the price. Then the consumer buys a Coke or Pepsi product over the "always cheap" RC.

Actually, I really enjoyed the pure cane RC that was in limited distribution and sales throughout the country. It was in glass long neck botles which was quite pleasing to the taste buds.

But I am with you, and I dont drink regular Dr Pepper (only Diet Dr Pepper) but a regular RC is a "joke" compared to even regular DP. But most importantly about the comparison, and something that all must understand. Dr Pepper is not a cola and RC is a cola. So it is like comparing apples and oranges anyway.
Later.

PeaceKitty
07-11-1999, 02:35 PM
Fixx:
Ah shucks, your making me blush. You only THINK i'm funny because its hard to make sense of what i'm saying. Your brain, so it won't explod in confusion, just makes u THINK its funny and laugh it off hoping that you'll move on a never ever read that crazy girls post agian. Poor lil brain of yours

Anywayz i HAVE started the site. I have a sorta basic layout and where i want things,plus some tacky and poorly made graphics, but as to the content, well it just reeks. I have some DP infomational sites but it makes a brain hurt to try and actually write something interesting about the past. I'll probably just link to the pages and mostly focus on prasing Dr Pepper over and over agianand throw in a couple tidbits here and there. Like DR PEPPER HAS NO DOT! Stuff like that. Plus a whole section about me w/ weird stuff that will totally impossible to prove or disprove *grins*

Yeah i know what u mean. I had a fight w/ someone about Sprite vs. Dr Pepper and they couldn't get across their head that they were two totally different things they just both happen to be carbonated. Only thing that was the same.

-PK, the typo Queen

Fixx
07-12-1999, 09:27 AM
Peace,
The next time you get in a discussion about that, then tell them most fast food restaurant chains sign agreements about exclusivity on colas. Dr Pepper can always be sold in to those chains because it is not a cola. In fact, the only competition it has in the marketplace is *mumbles* Pibb. And that is not a real competitor. If my memory serves me correct we have gone through that on earlier boards in earlier days.
When your "point counterpoint" partner says that Sprite is better then tell them to compare it to Coke or Pepsi. Same same. In actuality, Sprite should be compared to 7Up because both of them are lemon-lime beverages. And just an FYI, 7Up changed their formula about a year ago to taste more like Sprite so they can compete a bit better.

And THATS a bit of info. that is real interesting but I know it wont make your DP board. Though, and you know, DP and 7Up are products of the same company.
Later.

da Truth
07-12-1999, 11:27 PM
You guys got it made, In my market last week we had coke and Pepsi 2 liters for 79 cents and the week before coke and pepsi 12 packs for 1.99. Its a good week when RC get to match prices. I do think they are hurting their Image. But you will always find cheaper prices in a market RC does well.
Kendall, It is a tough fight.

If you don't stand for something you fall for anything.

PeaceKitty
07-13-1999, 05:06 PM
*curses* PIBB! *spits, hisses* Its taken over the fast foot market in my city! IT REEKS! I want my Dr Pepper back! So WHAT if it taste crappy and watered down! ITs DR PEPPER!!

OK now that i got that over with...

Really 7up changed their formula? How do u people find out about things like this?!?! Websites? Newsgroups? Mailing Lists?

kendall
07-16-1999, 01:16 AM
peace kitty,
if you called me a dumbass retard from hell then i would think that at least you speak your mind as i do and yes we probably would become friends. you would be unlike so many people in this world who are afraid to say or do anything that might jeapordize the little hole that they call their own in this world..in my own mind i am the god of my own world, i am the one who chooses my own destiny not some person on tv or in washington dc and certainly not some idiot looking for sasparilla.

PeaceKitty
07-17-1999, 07:39 PM
Kendall:
Ya know, u say that NOW but i bet thats all talk. Seriously if someone called u a dumbass from hell u would get a clue that i probably didn't like u and that would be rude of be its had NOTHING to do w/ being bold, open minded, or free minded or anything like that. I mean its just plain rude to say that to anyone. Plus if YOU called me that i can garentee u that we wouldn't be friends. Anyone who thinks they know me after a few messages on a message board, and think they have a right to make assumptions about who i am and what i was like, is just wacked in the head. LOOK! You insulted someones intelegence agian!!!! tsk tsk tsk.

-PK Typo Queen

Fixx
07-18-1999, 11:41 AM
I am not gonna get in the middle of the blasts between Kendall and Peace. Not my fight.
But for the 7Up change of formula. Yes they did. They added more of a Sprite taste to it all. Thus the graphics change on the 7Up. If you remember the old graphics they had the spot on it and nothing else. Now they have a lemon and a lime on the spot with(if I am not mistaken) green leaves between the lemon and lime. Their reasoning for doing this is because (as I understand it), 7Up had lost a LOT of marketshare. Whereas when someone wanted a lemon/lime soda they used to say "give me a 7Up". Now, the consumer is saying "give me a Sprite". So between marketing of Sprite and taste. 7Up lost a lot.
As to where I find out this news. I am in the industry and read Beverage Industry, Beverage World, and Periscope magazines. You can subscribe to one of them for free. I believe it is Beverage World.
Later.

Fixx
07-19-1999, 03:09 AM
Just a post to make sure Peacekitty has at least over 20 posts on her topic.
I dont know what the record is, but I am curious if it is over 20 posts for the same topic.
Later.

PeaceKitty
07-19-1999, 03:35 PM
First off, Fixx, i am not fighting w/ Kendall just replying to a later post that calling someone an idiot, and just because the person liked RC, is just wrong amd plain rude.

I remember the spot. They had a million commerials about that lil ol spot!! Infact they even made a game outta that spot! I remember playing it a couple years ago on Nintendo when i visted my grandmas house. In fact i have a little dancing spot in my bookmarks!

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/1085/spotting.gif

Happy day! teehee look at the lil guy dance! DANCE DANCE I SAY! Dance for me! Dance for you goddess I AM YOUR SHE-GOD!

*clears throats* Umm yeah anywayz thanks for the info. I can now say a little 7up info along w/ my knownlage of Dr Pepper.

Really? Do u know how i could contact someone who could direct me on how to get that Beverage World subscription?!?! I'm just a dumbass teen w/ too much free time so i don't know that much about drinks in general just some things i read on this message board.

AHHH Fixx your so sweet!!! After this post my message will be tied w/ some Snapple post by Nikos w/ 22 posts! Do u realize there are 22 posts (after this message is posted) in this message and 520 message (after this message isposted) THAT MEANS THIS MESSAGE IS 4.23% of the message board! This one little message makes up almost 5% of this messageboard! I have this happy happy joy joy tingly feeling just now. *laughs*

Hmm right Dr Pepper *thinks* I still gotta work on the page but i still know diddle about Dr Pepper cept some tidbits. I found a site with pictures of old Dr Pepper bottles and cans, that a plus. SOOO anyone got any good links/info/webpage crap they want to post?!?! PLEASE DO!

-PK, Typo queen

[This message has been edited by PeaceKitty (edited 07-19-1999).]

popdude
07-19-1999, 09:03 PM
In regards to the comments about 7Up changing its formula and getting rid of spot. They did change their formula to appeal to younger customers because the older, faithful 7Up drinkers don't drink as much soda as they used to. The spot was done away with because studies found that customers identified spot without connecting it to the product, and the purpose of a logo is to generate sales.
In regard to the discussion about RC. Whether you like the taste or not, in a lot of markets RC is the only thing that keeps the blue and the red cola's prices down. In markets without RC or other independent colas, soda prices tend to rise.
Good luck with your DP site, I'll think of it tomorrow when I'm swigging a 20oz DP Splash Bottle

Fixx
07-19-1999, 09:54 PM
Peace,
Email me sometime for the Beverage World address. I should be able to get it to you. Or another way would be to go to a local distributor of beverages (Coke/Pepsi/Coors/Miller/Bud, etcc....) and ask them for an older copy of Beverage World magazine and they should give it to you.
There are cards in the magazine that you can subscribe to the magazine for free.
But you may have to fib a bit on the card. But women should know how to fib a bit, right?
*ducks from the flying shoe*

Kevin

PS-Now with this post your DP post should be over 5% of all posts on the board.

PeaceKitty
07-24-1999, 10:05 PM
I thought w/ age comes wisdom? WHY oh WHY would people give up soda when they get older? So what if caffeine is bad for u and makes u go slowly insane and the high sugar content rots you brain and teeth and gets your hands all sticky and so u look like a door and u wipe it on your pants and you pants then has a big spot on it and everyone makes fun of u and u cry and shoot everyone w/ the 9mm u had straped to your leg and u go to jail and life a cold and bitter life.

Whoa, to far agian. Geez i need to get some sleep.

Yeah i hope i start on my site soon i have another site that a group of some on-line friends are working on so i haven't really started on the page but i WILL I REALLY WILL! In 2 weeks i get outta my stupid Desktop Publishing Class (Tanslated:I work everyone else in the class watches movies) so i can stay up for days at a time if i don't have work the next day.! SLEEP! We don't need no stink'in sleep!

Fixx http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/redface.gifk will do HEY! *flings a shoe at you*

heh we lag in messages in here its like 3% now and only 1 message above snapple!

Aw no i lag in messages in here. COME ON PEOPLE! Post some messages i can make fun of!

PeaceKitty
07-24-1999, 10:21 PM
*blinks* why look. A little red face popped up in the message. now why did it do that.
I did "Fixx http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/redface.gifk will do"
will it do it agian!?!? Will the red face pop up agian? Is it stalking me? here to just taunt me?! why why! What is the meaning of like? does it off to do with a little red face?

Fixx: ok but w/o the space

PeaceKitty
07-24-1999, 10:23 PM
Maybe it thinks its an HTML thing. I dunno. HTML is off in this message so maybe thats what it is. or maybe UBB code (whatever that is) because thats off too

Fixx
07-27-1999, 01:49 AM
Peace, you are too hilarious. I have been rolling from your posts and the little red faces. How in the world did you do them?

Hey, now that you made the red face. Can you make the red "spot" for 7Up?
And add the guy hanging on for dear life so he wont fall into an RC or worse yet, a Coca Cola.

Also Peace, you may want to do some research to find out the highest per capita city in the country to drink Dr Pepper. Last I heard it was in Oklahoma somewhere.

But prior to that, it had been in Waco, Texas. But they lost that to some "po dunk town" in Oklahoma.

By the way, Waco had the title for about 12 years straight.
Later.

PS-This is post number 28???

rolm
07-27-1999, 09:35 AM
check out the FAQ. the server changes your text smileys into graphic smileys automatically. here's a sample: (remove the nose ^ to get the graphic)

:^) => http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gifsmile

:^( => http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/frown.gif frown

:^o => http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/redface.gif embarrassment

:^D => http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif big grin

;^) => http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gifwink

PeaceKitty
07-27-1999, 12:03 PM
OHMYGOD! Thats so spiffy! Wow i guess there is some slight microscopic itty bitty reason to read an FAQ!!

(little story)

Hi, i am know at PeaceKitty http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif. I live in Southern Califoria (Nice and sunny to TOO DAMN HOT http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/frown.gif ) I have this really big fanatical obsession with Dr Pepper http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif . Everyone where i go i must share the joys of my Dr Pepper knowlage with everyone i meet! Sometimes they get scared, not and smile, and slowly back away. :O They think i'm crazy, BOY they have no clue how bad i can really get http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif Yesterday me and my friends made a bus drivers day buy singing a song we created called "crazy little bus driver" song we made and converting William Blakes "Tyger Tyger" poem into a Dr Pepper poem. ("Pepper Pepper burning Bright, in the markets of the night"...(gets lame and cheesy after that so we'll just pretend its a great poem *nods nod*)

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif My cats name is lazy, she just jumped up on the desk and is staring over my shoulder at the screen. She quickly get bored with my psycho babble and leaves. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/frown.gif Some people don't realize that DR PEPPER HAS NO DOT http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/frown.gif but don't worry, i made sure i grab EVERYONES attention and tell them just how wrong they are http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif :O http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/frown.gif http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif

PK- Has a job and STILL manages to have way to much free time

P.S Type queen as well

XTC
07-31-1999, 02:09 PM
Dr Pepper (no dot PK are you happy!) is sold in pretty much every store you walk into here in GA. Some restraunts do serve Mr. Pibb though http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif.

PeaceKitty
07-31-1999, 02:35 PM
Its like, so cool. I had a song written about me!

Ok i'm called the Dr Pepper Queen (or just DPQ) on and off line. Infact i have "DPQ" engraved on my class ring. DPQ is often my alias on the net too. So anywayz on of my friends wrote a little song bout me.

I don't remember it all and i lost the URL to the page its at but heres what i remember:
(I kinda have it in a swingish-type-way when i try (TRY) and sing it)

THE DPQ
Dr Pepper is the taste,
If you call it down she gonna, rip off your face
Don't make fun of her
Whatever you do
Shes the one they call
the D-P-Q

A mild mannered lady
Who would have thought?
She could have been a stoner
sitting back smokin her pot

Instead shes just like you and me
expect for her obsession
This is just one crazy chick
Never did learn her lesson

Thats all i remember. Thought i'd share that will all of u. I'll get my friend to give me the URL agian so i can paste the whole song in here and not just the parts i remember

HAPPY DAY!

Pk, Typo Queen

[This message has been edited by PeaceKitty (edited 07-31-1999).]

PeaceKitty
08-02-1999, 11:46 AM
Oh, one question. Does anyone out there know of some Dr Pepper or realted Ascii art? I mean that would be sooo cool to find some. Just a question. Ta ta

BTW here are some examples of Ascii art
http://www.inetw.net/~mullen/xmen.htm

Pk, Typo Queen

Fixx
08-05-1999, 02:11 AM
First off PK. I did look up your art URL on the net and liked it. But I am not aware of any Pepper things like that utilizing that form of art.

Next, I went up the 5 basically thru your home town and didnt see DP on the side of the hill with the hill painted maroon.
So thought you must have just fallen down on the job. Not suggesting you do it by any means but would not have been too surprised had I seen it.
Thought you may want to know.
Later.

PS-This makes 34 posts to Pibb's 32.

PeaceKitty
08-05-1999, 02:52 AM
hehe thanks Fixx, i almost thought that the Pibb message would surpass the number of posts that this one has. That would just be TERRIBLE!!

Oh well it would be sorta spiffy to have some Ascii art of Dr Pepper related stuff on mywebsite that i |-=WILL=-| one day make. I just gotta get some major free time. Its really no fun unless i have like hours to think about it and it should be around 4am when i start it. That is the best creative time in the world. Everything seems funny and reality is just a myth then and i can just do some really weird stuff. So weird that people can't really decided if its good or bad which is fine for me!!

Anywayz i went Six Flags Magic Mountian today (as a guest not for work, woohoo) and i had to go sneak in the employee area so i could get a couple Dr Peppers since the part itself doesn't sell it. Then afterwards i went to a Wendy's just down the street for dinner and they not one but TWO things for Pibb. Ick ick ick.

PeaceKitty
08-09-1999, 09:12 PM
oh well, **** has hit the fan and the Pibb message is higher than the Dr Pepper message! THE INSANITY! The unfairness of it all!

Oh well maybe i can simulate some talk in here.

Question: Are there more Dr Pepper Wanna-bes w/ a dot (that start w/ Dr) or w/o? Is there even one officially w/o a dot? Hmm.

Question: How many Dr Pepper wannabes start w/ Dr? Are there some obvious ones that don't? Like Mr. Pibb? Are there any others that start w/ Mr?

Question: Ummm What is your Favorite thing to eat w/ Dr Pepper? Me:Twix Sister:Sunflower seeds Brother:*grunt* go away.

Question:why do some people think it was made of prune juice and that it lowers sperm count dramatically?

Question: How much of the 10-2-4 do u know. I only actally know bits and peices and the basic concept of it so if u could babble on about it that would be great

Umm yeah, ta ta

-PK, Typo Queen

drp
08-10-1999, 10:48 AM
There are many more wannabes with a dot than without. But there still are a number with it. Dr K (Kroger), Dr Bruno's (Bruno's), Dr A+ (Albertson's), Dr Delight (Jitney), and Dr Perfect (Bi-Lo) all don't have a dot just to name a few. Kinda funny that Mr Pibb doesn't have one.

The only other mr that I know of is Mr. Ahhh! (that's with a dot and an exclamation point). But there are some drs fakes that don't have Dr at all. Remember Southern Lightning from Wal-mart? But 2 or 3 years ago they changed the name to Dr Thunder (no dot). There's also Braum's Special (which is actually pretty good), Texas Fizz (Phar-mor), and Country Doctor (which has doctor in it, but not dr). Oh yeah. Before Dr Shasta there was Doc Shasta.

If people see a drink like Texas Fizz in the store, but they haven't tasted it, how do you think they know what flavor it is? It's the color of the can. Just about all of the imitations incorporated the Dr Pepper color in some way.

um.. 10-2-4. That was some kind of marketing plan. The way I understand it, Dr P hired a doctor (a real one) to find some new way of marketing Dr Pepper. He found that people are most sluggish at 10am, 2pm, and 4pm in their day. So they said that drinking a bottle of Dr Pepper at 10, 2, and 4 would keep you active all day.

drp

PeaceKitty
08-11-1999, 08:09 PM
Oh yeah thats what i forgot to ask. Are there any Dr Pepper imitations that don't have a maroon type color on the can?

Really? I always thought it was 10:30 2:30 and 4:30. I could have remembered it wrong or the site i read was wrong i dunno. Thanks for the info on all the fake Dr Peppers and all that jazz.

Do u know an esimated time that the 10-2-4 slogan was used? Did something else replace it?

Hey does anyone have an soundfiles of old Dr Pepper Commersials, or any other goodies they could send my way? Thanks

PK, Typo Queen

JACK
08-19-1999, 01:17 PM
The Highly Unofficial alt.fan.dr-pepper FAQ
Compiled by Christopher Flaherty from various sources
version 2.11 July 9, 1999

List of Questions:

a. What's a FAQ?
b. Where can I find the latest version of this FAQ?
c. What are the sources for this FAQ?
d. What changes have been made to this FAQ?
e. Why did you put this FAQ together?

1. Who invented Dr Pepper?
2. Is Dr Pepper older than Coca-Cola?
3. Was there ever really a person called Dr. Pepper?
4. Is there now a town named Dr Pepper?
5. What's the connection between the Beatles and Dr Pepper?
6. Does Dr Pepper contain prune juice?
7. Okay, so what's in Dr Pepper?
8. What's the recipe for Hot Dr Pepper?
9. What Dr Pepper imitations exist, and where can you find them?
10. What's the difference between Dr Pepper made with Imperial Cane Sugar, and Dr Pepper made with high fructose corn syrup?
11. How can I get some cane sugar Dr Pepper?
12. How can I get some caffeine-free Dr Pepper?
13. Why drink Dr Pepper at 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock, and 4 o'clock?
14. What happened to the period after "Dr" in Dr Pepper?
15. Who owns Dr Pepper? I heard it was owned by Coke/Pepsi/7-Up/etc.?
16. Is there a Dr Pepper museum?
17. Where can I buy Dr Pepper merchandise?
18. Where can I find this Dr Pepper collectible? Who can I contact to have this antique Dr Pepper item looked at?
19. What books have been written about Dr Pepper?
20. How can I contact The Dr Pepper Company?
21. How can I contribute to/make suggestions/submit corrections to this FAQ?

And now, the questions with the answers:

a. What's a FAQ?

FAQ stands for Frequently Asked Questions, and there are several of them that pop up in alt.fan.dr-pepper all the time.

b. Where can I find the latest version of this FAQ?

This FAQ is posted to alt.fan.dr-pepper, alt.answers, and news.answers as often as it may be necessary (at least once every three months). The latest version can always be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.pipeline.com/~chrisf/dpfaq.html. The following mirror sites (or, more accurately, mirror sites for the newsgroup postings of the FAQ) also exist:

http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/drink/dr-pepper.html
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet-faqs/bygroup/alt/fan/dr-pepper/_drink:dr-pepper.html
http://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/usenet/news.answers/alt.fan.dr-pepper/
http://ftp.eu.net/ftp/documents/faq/drink/dr-pepper
http://ftp.lth.se/cgi-bin/gfaq?drink%2fdr-pepper.gz
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/archive/drink.dr-pepper.html (this site doesn't seem to get updated as often; it was displaying a copy of version 2.02 when I was already up to version 2.06)

And, as of 11/12/98, a link to this FAQ can finally be found on Yahoo! in the Home : Society and Culture : Food and Drink : Drinks and Drinking : Dr Pepper category (as opposed to the more corporate Home : Business and Economy : Companies : Beverages : Soft Drinks : Dr Pepper category). It took a while, but hey--what's five months between friends? Anyway, there was an additional happy side effect to the Yahoo! listing besides increased traffic, but I'll elaborate on that in question 9, so stay tuned.

c. What are the sources for this FAQ?

This particular FAQ was first put together in its present form by Christopher Flaherty. A smaller FAQ was previously compiled by Max Arbogast. Major web site sources include pepper.doc, the corporate Dr Pepper site, Old Doc's Soda Shop, and the Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute of Waco, Texas. Many old posts to alt.fan.dr-pepper were retrieved via DejaNews, so thanks to them also. Other sources are also quoted and attributed throughout the FAQ.

d. What changes have been made to this FAQ?

The chronology of this particular FAQ's development is as follows:

11/8/97 -- Version 0.001: First preliminary version; questions only. Did not include answers. Not distributed.

6/2/98 -- Version 0.002: Included answers to questions as well as a chart listing 38 DP clones. Not distributed.

6/15/98 -- Version 0.003: Eliminated chart/list of DP clones. Expanded and renumbered questions and answers. Not distributed.

6/28/98 -- Version 0.004: Included personal comment about book availability in my hometown. Limited distribution through email for proofreading and corrections. First HTML version created.

6/30/98 -- Version 0.005: Corrected number of flavors in answer to question 7.

7/2/98 -- Version 1.00: First plain-text version created. First submission to alt.fan.dr-pepper, alt.answers, and news.answers newsgroups.

7/7/98 -- Version 1.01: Added information about Houston Collector's Club (question 18) and ingredients in UK Dr Pepper (question 7).

8/6/98 -- Version 1.02: FAQ approved for posting to alt.answers and news.answers newsgroups. Specified posting frequency in question b. Modified question 3 and question 8 to address the "love story" rumor.

9/27/98 -- Version 1.03: Added two more sites to question 9.

9/29/98 -- Version 1.04: Corrected stock symbol for Cadbury Schweppes (question 15). Not distributed.

10/2/98 -- Version 1.1: Added new question about the Beatles (question 5) and rearranged the others.

10/12/98 -- Version 1.11: Added another site to question 9 and META tags to HTML version.

10/28/98 -- Version 1.12: Added ingredients of Australian and Canadian versions of Dr Pepper (question 7).

11/7/98 -- Version 1.13: Added list of "mirror sites" to question b. Corrected name and address of source of Canadian ingredients (question 7). Added information about year of origin and distribution of Mr. Pibb (question 9).

11/14/98 -- Version 1.14: Added information about Yahoo! link (question b); updated URL of Mr. Pibb site, updated name of Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too... site (formerly known as Impostors, Pretenders, and Frauds), and added information about new Yahoo! category (all question 9).

1/31/99 -- Version 2.00: Added ingredients for Diet Dr Pepper to question 7. Changed question 8, eliminating the question "Who started the prune juice rumor?" Added international distribution information to question 15. Added information about eBay to questions 17 and 18.

2/20/99 -- Version 2.01: Added more information about flavors and changed one email address in question 7. Added more information about Hot Dr Pepper to question 8. HTML publication only.

2/23/99 -- Version 2.02: Added facts about Cooking With Dr Pepper to question 19.

3/4/99 -- Version 2.03: Added more information about Cooking With Dr Pepper to question 19. Added more contact information to question 20.

4/4/99 -- Version 2.04: Added information about catalogue from Dr Pepper Museum in Waco, Texas (question 17). Added information about potentional new clone from Coca-Cola (questions 9 & 15) and corrected release year of Mr. Pibb (question 9). Added note about 25-case limit on sales of cane sugar Dr Pepper (question 11). Revised book information and availability in question 19.

4/22/99 -- Version 2.05: Added information about caffeine content to question 7. Revised addresses in questions 11 and 16. Added soda jerk lingo to question 14. Added toll-free Museum number to question 17.

5/2/99 -- Version 2.06: Corrected bad HTML code in first link to question 5. HTML version only.

6/12/99 -- Version 2.1: Added 3 more "mirror" sites to question b. Added information about Straight Dope Online article to question e. Corrected bad HTML code in question 10. Added new question about caffeine-free Dr Pepper (question 12) and rearranged the others. Negligible change to question 19.

7/9/99 -- Version 2.11: Added extra disclaimers to question e. Added more flavor information to question 7. Added three more "clone" sites to question 9. Changed wording of question 12 to match its wording in the list of questions, and made small grammatical correction in question 12's answer.

e. Why did you put this FAQ together?

There seemed to be a calling for one, and no one else was posting a Dr Pepper FAQ in the newsgroups (or at least not in alt.fan.dr-pepper), so I figured I'd give it a shot. I must be doing something right because this FAQ was cited as a reference in the June 10, 1999, edition of the Straight Dope Online, in an article so generously cribbed from the FAQ that they might as well have asked me to write the thing myself. Example:

My sentence: "The most famous (or is that infamous?) imitation, Mr. Pibb, is Coca-Cola's unsuccessful effort to drive the good Dr out of the market."

Their sentence: "Mr. Pibb is Coca Cola's unsuccessful effort to drive the good Dr out of the market."

Coincidence?

Judge for yourself at http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mdrpepper.html. Anyway, the other thing I can't figure out is why they supplied a link to a mirror site of the FAQ (and an old mirror site at that--version 2.02), and not a direct link to the HTML version of the FAQ itself--especially when there was information in the article which had to have come from the most recent version (2.06) at the time. Oh well. At least now everyone will know where to go for the very latest info: right here of course. "Get a life," indeed.

Right now I'd like to stress that this FAQ is UNOFFICIAL, meaning that it is not endorsed or authorized by The Dr Pepper Company, Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc., or any other corporate or business entity connected with Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. owns all Dr Pepper copyrights and trademarks. Additionally, I'm not employed by Dr Pepper, nor do I work for the Dr Pepper Company in any capacity, and Dr Pepper does not compensate me for the time I dedicate towards writing this FAQ (though I probably wouldn't stop them if they did). I just put this together in my spare time for the purpose of providing quick answers to common questions about Dr Pepper which appear frequently on alt.fan.dr-pepper. So, in other words, please don't sue me. I'm too broke as it is. Let me know if you like it!

1. Who invented Dr Pepper?

Dr Pepper was first created in 1885 by Charles Alderton, a pharmacist who was working at Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, Texas, at the time.

2. Is Dr Pepper older than Coca-Cola?

Yes. Coca-Cola was not invented until 1886, making Dr Pepper the oldest of the major-brand soft drinks in the United States. (For the record: Pepsi was created in 1898 by Caleb Bradham in New Bern, North Carolina; 7-Up a.k.a. "Lithiated Lemon" was "introduced" by Charles Grigg of St. Louis in 1929; and Sprite was created by the Coca-Cola company in 1961. For the really curious: Moxie was invented by Augustin Thompson of Lowell, Massachusetts, in 1886 as well.)

3. Was there ever really a person called Dr. Pepper?

Yes. Before Wade Morrison (the owner of the drug store where Alderton worked) moved to Texas, he had lived in Virginia, and worked there as a pharmacist for a drug store in Rural Retreat owned by a Dr. Charles Pepper. Dr. Pepper had given Morrison his first job, so Morrison returned the favor by naming the new drink after him.

(There is a rather persistent rumor that alleges Morrison invented the drink and named it after Pepper so that Pepper would approve of his daughter marrying Morrison; but since all the "official" sources agree that Alderton was the one who invented the drink, and Dr. Pepper's daughter was "only about 8 years old" when Morrison moved out of Virginia, I think that story can safely be classified as an urban legend. The Soda Fountain explains the matter quite concisely on their Dr Pepper page.

4. Is there now a town named Dr Pepper?

Yes and No; it depends on the time of the year. Rita Reed of the Dublin, Texas, Chamber of Commerce told me on 6/8/98 that every year for the last 4 or 5 years (she wasn't quite sure) the town has renamed itself "Dr Pepper, Texas" for one week in June to celebrate the anniversary of the opening of the Dr Pepper plant there (which, by the way, is the oldest Dr Pepper bottling plant in the world, having been in business since 1891). So, for one week out of the year there is a town in the US named Dr Pepper. On the bright side though, for the rest of the year you still have Dublin.

5. What's the connection between the Beatles and Dr Pepper?

It sounds pretty obvious once you know it, but I never would have guessed until someone pointed it out to me: The original title of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band -- one of the Beatles' most popular albums (and consequently one of the most popular albums period) -- was Dr. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band! Wild, huh? When I asked the fine folks at rec.music.beatles for confirmation, Jim Demes wrote me on 9/29/98:

According to BEATLESONGS by William J. Dowlding: "The album was originally titled Dr. Pepper's...until the Beatles realized an American soft-drink company had rights to that name." Dowlding got his info from THE BEATLES A TO Z. (1980)
Whether or not the Beatles were fully acquainted with the soft drink before they began work on Sgt. Pepper is still subject to debate. But bottles of Dr Pepper have been spotted in the Let It Be movie, so they had definitely seen the light by then. Imagine what else might have been if only a few letters hadn't changed . . .

6. Does Dr Pepper contain prune juice?

In a word: NO!

7. Okay, so what's in Dr Pepper?

On the label in the US, the ingredients are: Carbonated Water; Imperial Pure Cane Sugar [or "High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar," if you're not so lucky]; Caramel Color; Phosphoric Acid; Artificial and Natural Flavors; Sodium Benzoate (Preservative); Caffeine.

Chris Dunthorne told me on 7/3/98 that the ingredients on the label in the UK are a little different: "Carbonated Water, Sugar, Colour (Caramel E150d), Phosphoric Acid, Flavourings, Preservative (E211), Caffeine."

John Neely, a formerly anonymous Canadian, submitted "Ingredients from The Great White North" on 10/27/98: "Carbonated Water, Sugar/Glucose-Fructose, Carmel colour, Artificial and Natural flavors, Phosphoric acid, sodium benzoate, Caffeine, monosodium phosphate, lactic acid, polyethelene glycol."

Trace McLean also on 10/27/98 posted the ingredients for Australian Dr Pepper "taken straight from the bottle": "Carbonated water, sugar, colour (150), flavours, food acids (338, 270), preservative (211), caffeine."

[Just for the hell of it, here's the ingredients for Diet Dr Pepper in the U.S., as posted by Tom Reed on 11/23/98: "Carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, artificial and natural flavors, sodium benzoate (preservative), caffeine. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine."]

Dr Pepper contains 39.6 milligrams of caffeine in every 12 ounce can, according to the Caffeine FAQ maintained by Daniel Owen. This is a little more than Pepsi (37.2mg/12oz), a little less than Coca-Cola (45.6mg/12oz), and nothing compared to coffee, which could contain anywhere between 111 and 300 mg of caffeine in a 12-ounce serving, depending on how it's prepared.

The Dr Pepper company had this to say in a pamphlet it published sometime in either the late 1950's or early 1960's: "Its unique flavor results from the blending of pure fruit flavors (gathered from throughout the world) with mystic spices, from far-off Madagascar, and clean, clear distilled sparkling water." You don't suppose one of those spices is vanilla, do you?

Max Wolheim, who "can't guarantee the accuracy of any of this," posted this interesting article (with a small caveat) on 6/20/99:

Yes, I've heard the "23 fruit flavors" of Dr. Pepper [sic] for years. I can tell you this is nonsense! I can't reveal the source (he'd get fired), but here is a list of some of the real flavoring ingredients:

Vanillin (imitation vanilla)
Extract of almond
denatured rum (no joke)
Oil of orange
lactic acid (optional; once listed separately from "flavorings")

None of this is will be confirmed by the PR people of the company, who reply with the evasive "Dr. Pepper contains neither rum nor vanilla." Substitutions are possible, depending on the bottler, so that Dr. Pepper in one part of the country might not taste quite the same as in some others. But denatured rum is universal to the formula.

Brian McElroy posted to alt.fan.dr-pepper on 1/19/98 (and emailed me a correction on 6/30/98) about his visit to the Dublin Dr Pepper plant, which I think definitively answers two questions at once:

"Just got back today from the Dublin bottling plant and museum. There has been a lot of debate on what flavor Dr Pepper really is, so I asked Mr. Kloster [Bill Kloster], the plant owner, who has worked in that plant for almost 60 years. According to him, Dr Pepper is a mix of 23 different fruit flavors. The original creator wanted to create a drink that tasted like the smell of a soda shop. When you walked into a soda shop in that day, you smelled all the fruit flavors of the different sodas all mixed into one. So he basically took a bunch of flavors and mixed them, and came up with Dr Pepper. He said Dr Pepper does not and has never had prune juice in it."
8. What's the recipe for Hot Dr Pepper?

Hot Dr Pepper? Yes, indeed. It's a real drink, and it's been around for quite a while--at least since the early 1960's (even though there's no mention of it at all in the 1965 edition of Cookin' With Dr Pepper--go figure). However, since Dr Pepper--and the soft drink industry in the U.S. as a whole--switched from cane sugar to high fructose corn syrup as a sweetener, many people have complained that Hot Dr Pepper does not taste nearly as good as it did before the switch, so the Dr Pepper company has refrained from promoting the recipe as ardently as it had in the past. Nevertheless, people still drink it hot, with the recommendation that Dr Pepper with cane sugar be used for best results (see question 11 for how to get some cane sugar Dr Pepper for yourself).

The recipe itself is quite simple: First, cut a nice, thin, round slice of lemon for yourself and place it in the bottom of a cup--I suppose a coffee mug or teacup works best. Next, heat your Dr Pepper in a saucepan until it looks like it's boiling (even though it'll only be about 180° F, the carbonation will make it look hotter). Then pour your "steaming" hot Dr Pepper into the cup, over the lemon slice. That's it! I haven't tried it yet myself, but people who have swear it's pretty good.

(There is an official recipe on the www.drpepper.com web site, but it's not too much different from the one above. Then again, how many different ways can you say "Heat Dr Pepper and pour it over lemon"?)

9. What Dr Pepper imitations exist, and where can you find them?

The most famous (or is that infamous?) imitation, Mr. Pibb, is Coca-Cola's unsuccessful effort to drive the good Dr out of the market. According to Advertising Age, Mr. Pibb was not let loose upon the world until 1972 (although "Larry" posted that he remembers seeing the drink in 1971), and Chris Houser on his Pibb page states the drink was "originally sugar-free." Now, how a sugar-free knockoff could compete with a soda which--in its purest form--is almost synonymous with cane sugar, I have no idea. Apparently, neither did Coca-Cola, since various fructoses and sucroses now come second after carbonated water on Pibb's ingredient list. You can find this beverage in most places in the Southern and Midwestern U.S., and almost nowhere in the Northeastern U.S.

Interestingly enough, Advertising Age also reported in their December 1, 1997, issue that Coca-Cola is planning to release a brand new knock-off of Dr Pepper sometime in 1999--probably due in no small part to sluggish sales of Mr. Pibb, which had only a 0.6% share of the US soft drink market in 1996, compared to Dr Pepper's 5.8% share.

Originally, I had a table here listing 38 different DP clones, but then I saw a web site with a table listing over 50 clones, including pictures and locations where they were all bought, so I decided to leave well enough alone. Suffice it to say, if all accounts are accurate, there are close to 60 different past and present Dr Pepper imitations out there--and none quite as good as the original, of course. If you want to know more, these sites stand out:

The Dr Pepper "Clone" Page has a table with links to photos of each "clone."

Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too... has a mega-list of imitations with a picture next to each name.

Kibo's Fake Dr Pepper Roundup has a taste test of several fakes.

Dr Pepper Clones is a no-frills site maintained by Charlie Smith describing all the Dr Pepper clones he's tasted.

Dr. Beverages Page is a colorful list of the various Pepper-like soda cans collected by Lars Christensen.

Not Quite What The Doctor Ordered takes a while to load, but is still a very picturesque and organized index of the many DP clones out there.

In addition, a brand new category was added to Yahoo! on 11/12/98 (the same date this FAQ was added to Yahoo!): Home : Society and Culture : Food and Drink : Drinks and Drinking : Dr Pepper : Imitiations. (Yes, "Imitiations" is a misspelling, but that's how Yahoo! has it listed for now.) And all six "New" sites in this category were--drum roll please--the very same six sites you see listed above you now. In other words, this FAQ is now responsible for a new Yahoo! category! And to think I thought I wasn't influencing anyone . . .

10. What's the difference between Dr Pepper made with Imperial Cane Sugar, and Dr Pepper made with high fructose corn syrup?

In the opinion of everyone who's tried it and commented on it here on alt.fan.dr-pepper and to me in person, the cane sugar version tastes better. It's also the sweetener which was originally used to make Dr Pepper in the first place. Personally, I think the taste of the cane sugar product is more well-rounded and less fizzy than the one with high fructose corn syrup.

11. How can I get some cane sugar Dr Pepper?

You can either:

a) Visit the plant in Dublin, Texas--the oldest Dr Pepper bottling plant in the world and the only plant in the U.S. which is allowed by the Dr Pepper corporation to still manufacture the soda with cane sugar. The Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Company is located at 221 South Patrick, Dublin, Texas 76446, one block south of the intersection of US377/67 and TX6. The plant is open Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm; Saturday, 10am-5pm; and Sunday, 1-5pm.

b) Visit most stores within a 50 mile radius of the plant--which is the territory covered by it.

c) Call up Old Doc's Soda Shop at 1-888-398-10-2-4, or 1-254-445-3939 and they can tell you how much it costs to have "The Real Thing" shipped to you.

Be forewarned that no matter how you buy it from Dublin, there is a 25 case limit. Any more than that sold to a single person could violate franchise agreements (because you could be "dealing" if you have more than 25 cases in your possession and transport them into another franchise's territory).

12. How can I get some caffeine-free Dr Pepper?

Out of all the questions I see both in alt.fan.dr-pepper and in my mailbox, this one is probably the most perplexing. I mean, it's not like people looking for caffeine-free Dr Pepper are looking for anything complicated. Caffeine-free Coke and caffeine-free Pepsi are certainly easy enough to find, so caffeine-free Dr Pepper must be right next to them on the shelf, right?

Well, for the most part, no. For example, if you live in New York, like myself, then you won't find any caffeine-free Dr Pepper in the entire state. Does that make any sense? Living in the largest city on the East Coast--the second-largest city in the United States--and not being able to find one caffeine-free can of my favorite soda? No, I can't figure it out either. In fact, here's a list of all the states where you won't find caffeine-free Dr Pepper on sale (courtesy of the Dr Pepper company):

Alaska Connecticut Delaware Hawaii Maine
Massachusetts Michigan Montana New Hampshire New Jersey
New York North Dakota Oregon Rhode Island South Dakota
Vermont Wyoming

You say your state isn't listed? Your state is not one of the 34% devoid of caffeine-free Dr Pepper? Congratulations--but don't get too confident. According to the operator I spoke with, "even a state that has it could have large areas that don't carry it," such as California, for example, which bottles less caffeine-free DP than West Virginia. Florida, Nevada, and Washington are similar to California in terms of caffeine-free sparsity.

But now--thanks to some blind luck and a few toll-free phone calls--I can share with you an easy three-step solution to getting some gold-colored cans of your own:

a) First, look around in your supermarket. If you're lucky, a bottle of the stuff will be sitting right on the shelf, and your troubles are over. However, I'm guessing you've probably already done that, otherwise you wouldn't need to know the answer to this question. So . . .

b) If you can't find caffeine-free Dr Pepper in any store near you, call the Dr Pepper company toll-free at 1-800-527-7096, press 3 for Customer Service, and press 3 again for the next available operator, and ask the operator where you can find caffeine-free Dr Pepper in your area. If you're lucky, you might be pleasantly surprised and told the number of a bottler who might not be as far away as you thought. Or, if you're not so lucky, you might be told that no one makes caffeine-free Dr Pepper anywhere at all in your entire state. In which case . . .

c) Call up Old Doc's Soda Shop (that's right, the very same people who can ship you the Imperial Cane Sugar Dr Pepper in question 11) at 1-888-398-10-2-4, or 1-254-445-3939 and they will gladly ship out some genuine caffeine-free Dr Pepper to you as long as you tell them that it's not available in your area (which I'm guessing it isn't, otherwise why would you go through all the trouble to have it shipped to you from Dublin, Texas?).

Bear in mind that there is no purely cane sugar version of caffeine-free Dr Pepper available; even the caffeine-free DP from Old Doc's has high fructose corn syrup in it. But I'm guessing once you have it in your hands you'll be so happy just drinking it that the sweetener issue will be the least of your concerns. And for those of you wondering how it tastes: it's just a little weaker than caffeinated DP made with HFCS, but certainly worth it if you want to cut back on caffeine without cutting back on the King of Beverages.

Now, if I can just get someone to sell the stuff in New York City, then I'll be really happy.

13. Why drink Dr Pepper at 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock, and 4 o'clock?

(The corporate Dr Pepper site credits the book The Legend of Dr Pepper/Seven Up [see question 19] for this info.)

"Drink a bite to eat at 10, 2, and 4," was the slogan for an ad campaign for Dr. Pepper in the late 1920's and early 1930's. A study authored by a Dr. Walter H. Eddy in 1927 "found that human energy dropped to its lowest point at 10:30am, at 2:30pm and again at 4:30pm daily." J.B. O'Hara of Dr. Pepper asked Tracy-Locke-Dawson Inc. (an ad agency), to design a campaign around that information. The agency held a contest, and Earle Racey, one of their copywriters, won with his "10-2-4" idea--the idea being that drinking the sugary, caffeinated soda at 10am, 2pm, and 4pm would perk you up and get you through those impending energy drops a half-hour later. The slogan has endured in one form or another ever since.

14. What happened to the period after "Dr" in Dr Pepper?

As Max Arbogast explains it on his page (pepper.doc):

"The change came about in 1950 when Dr Pepper adopted a new slanted block-style font. The small lower case "r" consisted of a small slanted line with a dot at its upper right. To their dismay, they found that the period and the r's dot combined visually to become a colon, thus making it Di:Pepper. The easy way out was to simply drop the period. This also helped move Dr Pepper further away from any medication association."
(This also didn't stop soda jerks from calling the drink "M.D." in their jargon--according to Paul Dickson in The Great American Ice Cream Book--but that's neither here nor there.)

15. Who owns Dr Pepper? I heard it was owned by Coke/Pepsi/7-Up/etc.?

"Awoodbeach" put it succinctly when he posted this answer to alt.fan.dr-pepper on 10/24/97:

"Dr Pepper is owned by Dr Pepper / Seven Up Inc a subsidiary of the Cadbury PLC trading on the NYSE [as CSG -- Chris F.]. Dr Pepper is distributed throughout the country by a variety of some very dedicated bottlers who without them, the Dr Pepper brand would not be where it is today. Coke, Pepsi, and RC bottlers sell Dr Pepper; it all depends on who owns the franchise in a specific geographic area. The breakdown is about 30% Coke, 40% Pepsi, 20% and some who just sell Dr Pepper......like our friends in Dublin."

In December, 1998, Coca-Cola caused a stir by paying Cadbury-Schweppes $1.85 billion for the right to distribute Cadbury-Schweppes sodas (including Dr Pepper) in 120 countries, but the United States was not one of them (neither were France or South Africa). So, in the U.S., Dr Pepper will still be distributed by whoever has the local franchise rights, meaning that there will still be places where Coke doesn't own the franchise and will continue to sell Mr. Pibb (and possibly another brand--see question 9) to compete. And--just so no one gets confused--Cadbury Schweppes still owns Dr Pepper. You'd be surprised how quickly rumors get started from news like this.

16. Is there a Dr Pepper museum?

There are two:

The Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute
300 South 5th Street
Waco, Texas 76701
1-877-DPGIFTS (toll free), 1-254-757-2433
www.drpeppermuseum.com

and:

Old Doc's Soda Shop
105 E. Elm
Dublin, Texas 76446
1-888-398-1024 (toll free), 1-254-445-3939
www.drpep.com

(Even though Old Doc's museum is located right next to the bottling plant, and they share the same phone numbers, their street addresses--or at least their mailing addresses--are slightly different.)

17. Where can I buy Dr Pepper merchandise?

The Dr Pepper Museum in Waco has a catalogue section on its web site. You can also call the Museum toll-free at 1-877-DPGIFTS (or pay the toll at 1-254-757-2433) and, for $3.00, they will send you a glossy color catalogue and add your name to their mailing list. Old Doc's Soda Shop had a catalogue available at one point, but as of 3/18/99 the Shop was out of them and its staff didn't know when they were going to get more. In the meantime, the Shop still has links to merchandise within its site at drpep.com. And, if you want to take a gamble with online auctions, eBay.com has around 300 different Dr Pepper-related items up for bids every day on its site, so it's certainly worth a look.

18. Where can I find this Dr Pepper collectible? Who can I contact to have this antique Dr Pepper item looked at?

The amount of Dr Pepper collectibles in existence (don't forget, that's over 110 years' worth) is even more numerous than the amount of DP clones, so I won't even try to list them all here. You're better off visiting Max Arbogast's site, which has a lot of information about DP collectors and collectibles than I could come up with. And, as I said in question 17, eBay.com is a web auction site which has about 300 (more or less) different Dr Pepper items up for bids every day--many, if not all of them being collectibles. They're both worth checking out.

Also, the 10-2-4 Club is, as they put it, "a national organization of people dedicated to the study of the history and collecting of memorabilia of the Dr Pepper Company." 10-2-4 membership information can currently be found at 3 sites:

http://www.drpeppermuseum.com/dpcc.html
http://www.drpep.com/clubpage.htm
http://www.erath.net/marbo/10-2-4.htm

Houston, Texas, has its own chapter of the club (in fact, the only local chapter of the club), named the Houston Peppers. Jan Wright, the chapter President, informed me on 7/4/98 that she can be contacted via email at hpeppers@swbell.net if anyone wants more information about them.

The Dr Pepper Museum in Waco also does research on DP collectibles for a fee. Currently, their posted fee is $15 per hour of research.

19. What books have been written about Dr Pepper?

There are at least 3: The Legend of Dr Pepper/Seven-Up, by Jeffrey L. Rodengen (1995, Write Stuff Syndicate); Dr Pepper, King of Beverages, by Harry E. Ellis (1979, Dr Pepper Co.; another edition was printed in 1986); and the Dr Pepper Centennial book, also by Harry Ellis. Of those three, The Legend of Dr Pepper/Seven-Up is the most widely available, and I was able to find it for sale on at least 5 different web sites (if not in person in any physical store near me in New York City--go figure). King of Beverages and the Centennial book are harder to find, in that order. The Dr Pepper Museum in Waco also sells all 3 books as a set on its web site (though, strangely, not in its paper catalogue), as well as separately.

The Dr Pepper company has also published a slim volume titled Cooking With Dr Pepper in one form or another every so often since 1965. More specifically, different editions have been published in 1965, 1977, 1983, and 1993, the last one having a combination of recipes for Dr Pepper and for 7Up. The only difference between the 1977 and 1983 editions seems to be typographical, and the 1965 edition has a lot of recipes which didn't survive in future editions (such as "Bean Dip A La Dr Pepper," among others). The 1993 edition lacks the glossy color photos of the previous three, instead relying on a sparse amount of clip-art for illustration. However, the 1993 edition also contains the greatest number of recipes among the four; essentially because a whole extra cookbook of 7Up recipes was added to it. To get a brand new copy for yourself gratis (additional copies $3.50 each), call up the Dr Pepper company at 1-800-527-7096 and press "3" for Consumer Affairs. Faster than you can say "Dallas, Texas," the kind person who answers will swiftly take down your name and address and send you a free booklet just for the asking.

You can also write to the following address:

Cookbook Editor
Dr Pepper/Seven-Up Companies, Inc.
8411 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas, Texas 75231-4372

Past editions also periodically come up for auction on eBay, but I'll bet you already guessed that.

In addition, there is a book titled Travels with Dr. Pepper, by Pepper Worthington (1990, Free Will Baptist Press), which is described as "travel essays." And the Library of Congress lists a rather technical-sounding volume named Consumer perspectives on national and store brands: (1994) "conducted for Food Marketing Institute and Dr Pepper Company by Marketing Spectrum." I get the feeling that last book is a little drier than all the others, but I could be wrong.

20. How can I contact The Dr Pepper Company?

The official corporate offices of Dr Pepper can be reached by phone in the U.S. at 1-800-527-7096 (toll-free), and 1-972-673-7000. You can also write to them at:

Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.
P.O. Box 869077
Plano, Texas 75086-9077

Or:

Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.
5301 Legacy Drive
Plano, Texas 75024

The editors of Cooking With Dr Pepper can be contacted via the address mentioned in question 18, above.

21. How can I contribute/make suggestions/submit corrections to this FAQ?

Post them to alt.fan.dr-pepper or email me at chrisf@pipeline.com with "DPFAQ" in the header someplace. As far as I know, everything here is accurate, but if it turns out something is incorrect, let me know and I'll correct it as soon as possible.

Thus endeth the FAQ.

PeaceKitty
08-20-1999, 07:08 PM
Ya know instead of ripping off someones whole site u should just post the link to it thus giving rightful credit to the creator.

http://www.pipeline.com/~chrisf/dpfaq.html

PeaceKitty
08-20-1999, 07:12 PM
OHMYGOD!! PAGE 2!! Thats so spiffy!! At first when i reloaded the page i was "WHERE IS MY MESSAGE" then i saw the little page too, happy day.

ok i'm done now.

XTC
08-20-1999, 07:58 PM
Congrats PK! I think you are the FIRST topic with an extra page. Keep up the good work! (especially if it involves Dr Pepper)

JACK
08-21-1999, 07:54 AM
Peace I was not attempting to ripoff information but to provide you some Dr Pepper fuel. Sorry for the lack of protocal though. I felt since I provided some of the information to the FAQ I could use, but I will use better judmment next time.

I guess you got some pretty good DP info though.

PeaceKitty
08-21-1999, 05:28 PM
No harm done. I didn't mean to question your morals or anything. Just that providing a link to the page would have been nice so people realized that it wasn't u who wrote that. I dunno about you, but i get that the site took some major research in order to provide that information. One of my Fav DP links i have bookmarked. Fine to post the info just credit!! Credit man! *bows down before the site creator*

On the good side, probably because your message was so long, the BevBoard created a 2nd page. So i guess u have YOU to thank for making it possible for my message to be the first w/ 2 pages! woohoo!

BTW going back on an old old post i just remembered about (in another topic)

What do you people think about vanilla Dr Pepper??!? I'm not talking about dumping vanilla in some Dr Pepper. More like putting some of that Vanilla-flavored oil/sweeter/whatever stuff that people like to put in their coffee. I don't have any of that but i'm thinking of going out and buying some (damn its nice to have a job and $$!!) and trying it out. Anyone else have anything they think could/might/does taste good to put in Dr Pepper?

PK, Typo Queen

drp
08-21-1999, 09:15 PM
Try making a Black Russian with DP instead of coke. I think that's really good.

Fixx
09-09-1999, 03:16 AM
You know, when PK first put this topic on the board. I would have never guessed that we could have had 45+ posts on Dr Pepper.
Well props to ya' PK for making the longest post on the bevboard ever.
Later.

PeaceKitty
09-10-1999, 12:58 PM
Thanks Fixx, yeah i'm just so spiffy. Of course if u read most of the messages, it me being weird and u laughing *nods nods*

Anywayz i've currently come across this page: http://www.texascooking.com/features/jul99drpepper.htm

Which for you Dr Pepper or 7up lovers, is a page that tells u how to get a free book called "Cooking with Dr Pepper and 7UP" (though i think its mostly 7up) but thats still spiffy! I just asked for it. Maybe i could post some of the recipes on Dr Pepper Shine that I SWEAR I'LL MAKE ONEDAY!

I just have so many other projects going on now that between school, work, and my other homepages or webrings that need updated or to be done, its just no time! I'd rather do a GREAT job and spend alot of time on it then just snatches of editing here and there.

Anywayz we may have 47 messages now, but the discussion on this message is dead. WHY WHY!

Umm *thinks* I'm going to get this really neat Dr. Pepper (yes a dot) Metal Menu Board.

Its it had the 10-2-4 thing on it too!! Woohoo! Anywayz, anyone out there have any Dr Pepper collectables? I was considering getting this Dr Pepper marble on-line, but someone outbid me.

Dr Pepper co. put out Star Trek glasses? Anyone see those? I would looking at amazon and when i typed in Dr pepper, that came up. Saying that the Dr Pepper co had put them out. What do you guys thing of that?

PeaceKitty
12-02-1999, 12:27 PM
Well at the request of atleast one person, i've opened this agian. It has two pages which...i think some people are not getting because once it hit 2 pages the posting seriously stoped. Then again i have this uncanny ability to piss people off so maybe thats a reason *smiles*

So lets talk about Dr Pepper, which has had no dot since 1950. Theres Dr Pepper Jellybeans, yum yum, and wow, lookie, i never finished my Dr Pepper shine. I feel so ashamed. I keep changing the format and my attention span keep breaking.

Diet DP is ok, its the only diet drink that i can stand. My mom likes diet more then she likes the regular one.

I used to have a PenPal who worked for Dr Pepper co but he seemed to fade from existence. If your him and your reading this E-mail me! peacekitty@usa.net. If u want to babble to me about Dr Pepper go ahead and e-mail me. I'm sure if your interested in spam/flames/hate-fail and/or death threats your going to just go ahead and e-mail me anywayz *smiles*

So anywayz, GO Dr Pepper!

Fixx:u never did hand out the addy to the place where we can get that pure cane stuff your ga-ga over.

Fixx
12-04-1999, 11:46 PM
Well PK glad to see that you have reopened this page. I KNOW we cant go to the millenium without at least posting 100 more messages about DP. But hopefully you saw my other message about Dr. (with a dot) Nehi. The colors are the same as DP but it has the Nehi splash under the Dr. Nehi on the can.

I tried it in the northern half of Indiana. I must say it was pretty good.

Oh but the address of the PURE cane DP that I absolutely go "ga ga" (as you so eloquently put it) is drive from Ft Worth, Texas to Dublin, Texas. Take the highway that runs through the middle of town. When you get to the middle of town, look to the left and you will see it with its sign. It is the one with the "Doc" with the 10-2-4 in the background on the clock. Yeah you know the one. The classic logo of DP.
That one.
Talk to you soon.
Later.

PeaceKitty
12-05-1999, 01:30 AM
Fixx:do u know the shipping addy?!?! That would be cool since most people will never get within a state of two of the supplier.

AHH 100? I don't think we will make it i mean its been months and we only have it half way now. So unless i pump out some seriously annoying psych-babble i don't think we'll make it.

PeaceKitty
12-05-1999, 02:02 AM
*tilts head to one side* ya know, i could have swore we talked about Jelly Beans before..but i searched and i can't find it anywhere. I remember raving to someone about them..i thought it was here.

The Story http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/redface.gifne of my friends went to LV (they didn't have them here yet, now they do) and saw some Dr Pepper Jellybeans. She promptly bought me some knowings i'd just trip when i saw them. Anywayz as school she gave one to me knowing i wasn't paying attention. WOW ITS DR PEPPER!! LOL i about fell over when i realized that.

Russ 10*2*4
12-06-1999, 11:29 PM
Hey Kids!! The Albertsons that I shop at has a big Jelly Belly display. I load up on those DP morsels, eating them up before it's time to check out. Oh PK, btw, since Fixx gave you directions, are you driving to Dublin???

Fixx
12-07-1999, 09:55 AM
Well it seems as if I have caused quite a stir with my pure cane Dr Pepper.
I dont know the address of the Dr Pepper Bottling plant in Dublin, TX. But I am pretty confident the area code is 817, so I would suggest calling information and getting their address and shipping info to them. But Russ to answer your question, I have family in Texas and I travel all over the country (including Hawaii) as well as Canada. So when I can get anywhere near close to Dublin on a Saturday, I will always stop in for a case of "the good stuff".
But in substitution, I still love my Diet DP because it tastes better than the regular and in fact I think it tastes as close to the pure cane as one can get.

Oh and just cuz this is a Dr Pepper posting site a little bit of information for you all.

Dr Pepper is the 6th largest brand of soft drink. First being Coke, then Pepsi, then Diet Coke, then Mountain Dew, then Sprite, then Pepper.
Dr Pepper came in with 899.1 million gallons and has a 5.9% market share which all told is up 5.8%. But the interesting thing to all this is that Mountain Dew is up 11% with 1,017.6 million gallons sold with a 6.7% market share.

And.....on a switching gears note. Did you also know that Minute Maid is up 30% with a 1.2% market share and 189.4 million gallons sold. But the addition to the Minute Maid memo is that predominantly the Orange Minute Maid makes up those numbers.
So a memo to Coke: Give up the chirade that your Grape Minute Maid sells, and even your Fruit Punch Minute Maid. Toss them in the dumpster and sell what sells.
Later.

Russ 10*2*4
12-07-1999, 09:20 PM
Well, I'm sure Coke won't consider dropping any Minute Maid flavors. They can barely fill their alloted space in the North Texas C-store sets. Plus, they need these flavors to at least try to obtain exclusive flavor contracts, something Dr Pepper is much more successful at.

PeaceKitty
12-08-1999, 05:19 PM
Theres a contest at a Del Taco down here to win a Dr Pepper bike. Its not the best bike in the world but AHH its a Dr Pepper bike! A person can enter as many times at they want *grins* They didn't have a pen handy when i went there so i'll be sure to bring my own next time i stop by.

wahhhh? 6ths? Thats an outrage it should be atleast 3rd. Whats wrong w/ people today?!?! *chuckles*

Drive there? Wellll first i have to get a car, then possibly. I do plan to visit there atleast one in my lifetime!

Fixx:heh, 45 posts to go till we get 100.

Russ 10*2*4
12-09-1999, 09:50 AM
Say PK.....just take a whole pack of entry pads that are sitting on top. Take them home and fill them all out, then stuff the ballot box!!!

Fixx
12-09-1999, 10:12 AM
I am into ballot box stuffing. Heck, if it can take Garciaparra of the Boston Red Sox to the first team starting shortstop in last years All Star game, I am sure we can get PK her DP bike. And for the record, that was done on the last day by online voting. Derek Jeter was leading and lost it to Garciaparra by perceived ballot box stuffing on the last day.
Think it will work???

Now then since this is NOT a sports posting board and this is a DP posting message, I will give some other info that I just heard on the streets. Coca-Cola Bottling of Los Angeles just took on Evian and it was taken 100% away from 7-Up of LA. But rumor also has it that 7-Up of LA will get DP, Squirt, and Cactus Cooler (all Cadbury Brands). It sounds normal but the only problem is that LA-7Up is considered weak on the streets (service issues). They have the rest of the Cadbury portfolio but I have heard many complaints against 7 Up from talking to retailers in the Southern California market. I know that nothing is perfect in this world and retailers will usually find something to complain about, but when it is pretty much the same issue over and over again, there is a problem somewhere. So for 7up of LA picking up DP I feel in order to keep up and not lose what they had in the market, they will have to staff more sales force, drivers, etc......

It is a curious thing but interesting nevertheless if Coke no longer has DP. I know in the place of DP they will put out Pibb. So PK, you can get ALL the Pibb you want. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif

Later.

Russ 10*2*4
12-09-1999, 12:23 PM
Well, that would be good news. Since the Turner Group acquired the So. Calif. francise , it had been a uphill battle. Dr Pepper will definitely help in that area.

PeaceKitty
12-14-1999, 07:48 PM
Really??! *rolls eyes* all the pibb i want?

*chuckles*

I heard that drpepper.net was being sold for 25,000. ANyone know anything about that?

I haven't gotten around to stuffing the ballot but i will!!

Does anyone know of all the fast food places Dr Pepper has used in their contests? Lik Del Taco for the bike. Burgerking i know they've done. The type where you look under the lid or behind the lable to see what you have won.

Right now they are doing the Donkey Kong thing aren't they?

Does Bill Gates like Dr Pepper? Does anyone know his drink of choice?

Does anyone know if there are Dr Pepper Adress lables? Ya know the type u stick on a letter so u don't have to write your return adress.

Fixx
12-18-1999, 10:49 AM
I dont know about the drink of choice for Bill Gates but I can say the drink of choice for "moi" is Diet Dr Pepper (unless I can get my pure cane DP from Dublin, TX-of course).

But for your return sticky labels that have the DP logo on them. Why stop there?? I know PK, lets get going on the DP sunglasses, facial tissue with a bold DP on the side of the box and a soft DP in the middle, and how about a sticker fun set for the kids that way you will start them off early with DP stickers and will not have the chance to "connect" with Coke or Pibb. They will always remember their sticker fun days with DP. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif
What do you think??
Later.

PeaceKitty
12-19-1999, 03:08 PM
Well first i don't thinks its a good idea for people like me to reproduced, heh

2nd as much as i'd like to brainwash every kidin America to hate coke and pibb and love DP, it wouldn't be the same when u see someones eye light up every time they look at a Dr Pepper. Oh damn gotta stop looking in mirrors when i drink DP.

But there are sticks for DP, there this one fast food sub place that puts Dr Pepper strick on every soda thats a Dr pepper (much as advertisment as to tell which drink is which). I still want a Dr Pepper bike even if i never rode the darn thing

Dr Pepper coloring books! Dr Pepper fist-aid kids! Dr Pepper computers! Dr Pepper country! (when i take over the world i'll change Texas to Dr Pepper Country!)

Fixx
12-19-1999, 06:31 PM
Well if its any consolation to you PK, in Dallas/Ft Worth, brand Dr Pepper outsells brand Coke with everything being equal (no ad on Coke, no ad on Dr Pepper). That might make you smile and if you dont like Pepsi you might like the fact that Pepsi is the whipping dog in Texas. From my personal observations if it wasnt for national chains which mandate Pepsi and Mountain Dew, Pepsi would basically go away in Texas. Mountain Dew in fact, outsells brand Pepsi in Texas (from my observations).
But you know the interesting thing? When you go south to Houston, Texas (a 4 hour drive away) brand Coke outsells brand Dr Pepper hands down. And to qualify it, I would say in the rural towns outside Houston that Dr Pepper outsells brand Coke but when you enter the city limits of Houston, Coke is King.

So the point of this is.........?? Heck I dont know but it is another bit of trivial information that will never earn me a stinking dime. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/frown.gif

------------------
Later.

PeaceKitty
12-19-1999, 11:15 PM
Well Fixx, i guess there not going to be a 100 messages before 2000. but if you want to write a -reallllllly- long message we might get 3 pages.

Pepsi does pretty good here, atleast in my area. Thats all the kids at schoold drink mostly.

I'm thinking of saving a can of DP so i can tell me kids "yep, that can is from the last century" thanagain, i'm not reproducing remember?

BTW fun fact:I'm a twin! woohoo there another of my running around isn't that a scary thought? Ya know how i am w/ Dr Pepper? She is that with Jello. Man i just have a warped family don't i?

Fixx
12-20-1999, 02:43 PM
You mean the last message wasnt long enough?? How about a short one like this.
Later.

PS- But she is obsessive about Jello?? Dr Pepper Jello? (if that even exists).

PeaceKitty
12-20-1999, 10:31 PM
Of all the things i was to see Dr Pepperized i don't think jello would be one of them. I dunno just doesn't ring right to me. I don't thinkJello would put a very good flavor of dr Pepper.

Just Jell-O in general. She goes around the net calling herself Mystical Jello

Well
I
Could
Type
My
This
And
Although
This
Is
Very
Annoying
And
A
Pain
To
Read
Not
To
Mention
To
Type,
It
Will
Be
Taking
Up
Alot
Of
Space
And
We
May
Reach
Page
YET!!!

OK i'll stop that now. Ya know it funny how all you can buy inside the park is mostly Coke, but in the employee area they have lots of Dr Pepper. There is a God. I'm talking about Six Flags Magic Mountain here in good ol Californa.

Fixx
12-21-1999, 01:20 AM
But you know that brings up an interesting point. What will become with the amusement parks and public attractions when 7 Up LA gets brand Dr Pepper and Coke takes over the Pibb business intended to take the place of Pepper.
The consumer knows the difference and Coke will really understand that it just tastes beter than COke or Pepsi.
Later.

PeaceKitty
12-21-1999, 03:40 AM
I dunno you can find Pibb all over the place now. (fast food fountian) Not in cans though. If it wasn't for the internet i wouldn't even know what a Pibb can looked like! I mean Pibb isn't that big of a deal here they are just shoving it on people. I mean i've never ever heard of a person LOOKING for store-bought pibb, let along liking the stuff in general.

Though Dr Pepper really is terrible in fountian. I mean you can hardly tell the different between one drink or another. All the cokeish-type drinks take the same. All the lime-ish-type drinks taste the same. Everything is so watered down they should just have "soda" "lime" "mix" as drinks and not bother w/ brands because seriously, it gives all the brands a bad name.

Though theres this donut store by mean the sells Cherry Coke that i must say, it taste better there, more flavor, then in a can or bottle.

BTW what do u guys think of the (sorta, been a bit yet) new lable on Cherry coke? I liked the old one better but ah well.

Dr Pepper lables hasn't changed much in the last couple years. Just some little weird streaks on it now.

Is there a drink that changes it lable ALOT?

WHAT ever happened to Storm or Pepsi One? You STILL can't find Storm in my area. Fresno and Las Vegas are the only areas i can find it in and i'm right between. Is storm in LA or around? I haven't seen it

Heh i know babbling but i'm trying to start some sort of coversation here so pick and topic and talk away!

Russ 10*2*4
12-21-1999, 05:45 AM
Hey Kids.....ya'll are really turning this page into high gear...huh? Anyway, about pepsi one, there is plenty of it, in the Dallas area, course, it's all going out of date! Pretty funny, actually. Say Fixx, you still hearing rumors about 7up taking DP on in SoCal? Just been hearing denials around here, course that must mean something. Well, PK, good luck in your endeavours to reach PAGE 3!!!!!!!! We are all counting on you. Also, hope everyone has a safe and fun holidays!

PeaceKitty
12-21-1999, 06:25 PM
Where do u here these things? Now come no one wants to give me first hand gossip about Dr Pepper all the time? *chuckles*

Anywayz, i always though 7-up DID bottle Dr Pepper here. I mean on the lable it says "Dr Pepper/7-up inc"

Wow BB finally upgrades. The flames on the messages are...weird. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif

Fixx
12-22-1999, 09:45 PM
Well first of to reply to PK about One and Storm. I havent seen Storm at all in the LA area. The reasoning is unknown because from what I know, Dew sells pretty well in the Calif. market. I dont know that Dew outsells Regular Pepsi but I do know it outsells a good portion of the rest of their portfolio. Maybe they feel they dont want to undercut the rest of their portfolio with something like Storm that is a caffeinated 7Up. Besides, I know 7Up is not much of a player in this market. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/rolleyes.gif (honestly they arent I just thought the little guy was very http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cool.gif )

Now then as far as DP being sold by 7Up in this market, I am hearing it from a few sources out here. Also knowing Jim Turner and how big he is with DPSUBG and his love of the brand, I could very easily see it happening in this market. The only problem they will have is their reputation for service is poor and that is stuff I have heard from as far north as Bakersfield to as far south as San Diego. So there is a tough image to get over of their consistent lack of service in the market.
I know for a fact, AriZona has lost market share because they are with 7Up in this market. It is inevitable because if your distributor doesnt go everywhere and service the accounts then space will be lost.

But you know, PK, you mentioned something about 7Up bottling DP, no they do not in the California market. Coke bottles and distributes DP, Squirt, and Cactus Cooler (all Cadbury brands) because that was the way contracts were set up long before the mass consolidation of the recent few years.

So now that I have added another of my infamous long messages, wonder if it is going to take us to a page 3? http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif
Later.

PeaceKitty
12-23-1999, 02:00 AM
AHH we aren't going to make 100 posts OR 3 pages. My dreams are crushed

Really this sucks ummm i could do a bunch of useless babble but in the end it wouldn't have been the same as if we did it the "normal way"

We still have a bit to go for 100 (like 29 messages or something) and for 3 messages, unless someone wants to write a message thats like 4 screens long i don't think we are going to make it

Then again if i do this sort of thing for a long time perhapes i could just maybe make four pages but ya know i can only say no much and mean so little before even i get bored with myself

ok on to Dr Pepper

Really how much all the lables say Dr Pepper/7up inc?

And why am i getting an ICQ message about this person thinking Pepsi owns Dr Pepper

Isn't it great that a one-drink brand can do so well? I mean coke and pepsi has a line of many drinks. Coke too.

Hey anyone seen or heard anything about Josta? I really liked that drink. It tasted bad it it got warm but otherwise it was so different and so good compared to alot of drinks (DP is still #1 though) guess alot of people didn't feel that way because they stop selling it by me

LOOK NEW SMILIES HOW CUTE!!
http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/frown.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/redface.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/tongue.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cool.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/rolleyes.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/mad.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/eek.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/confused.gif

Ok that was a lame attempt to take up alot of space i know

On to drinks:

I can't usually stand a drink thats RED
Arizona, Snapple, SoBe. Yuck. It reminds me alot of cough syrup

I still can't get over the fact that Storm has caffeine in the cans but not in the fountian. I mean why change the drink? It seem such a waste because people think that its the same from fountian to can and vice versa? The first time i heard about storm was on here too. I mean i had it on so long ago at the camp (w/ the busride from HELL) but never saw it again then i found this spiffy little corner of cyberspace and that was one of the hot topics. People bitching about storm.

I remember hearing about Pepsi One and it felt to weird to know about a drink that soon after came to my city. And people would be like "hear about the new drink Pepsi one" and i would babble on about what i heard on here and they would be so surprised then look at me weird. (i don't talk about about my fanatical obsession w/ Dr Pepper only my close friends really know and they usually tell me to shut the hellup about dr Pepper *S*

Ok that was memory lane on PK corner.

Fixx
12-23-1999, 09:34 PM
Ok it is almost Xmas eve and I head back to Texas tonite for the holidays but just to make you VERY jealous PK, I will be drinking PURE cane Dr Pepper while I am in Texas. Yes, the good stuff!! :P

But I cant wait to have my pure cane Dr Pepper and Violet Crumble candy bars (made in Australia). That should really rock! http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif

Heck, I was thinking about that pure cane DP so much I forgot the questions you had for the board PK.

Oh well, off to airline land and hopefully you all have a great Xmas and hope you get a case or 2 of DP under your tree, PK.

Later.

PS- I really like the little guys with the faces and such can I do a few??
http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif
http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/confused.gif
http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif

ahhh forget it I will do more later.

Fixx
01-04-2000, 09:27 PM
So consider this the first DP post of the new millenium.
But I figured that DP need to be taken to the 21st century so this post will get this multi message post to Jan. of 2000.
I know this sounds like rambling but I figured I better make it ramble. See PK, I can ramble with you too :P

I am curious if Dr Pepper and 7Up will have a price increase actually if Coke/Pepsi go up in price to the market (in 12-packs).

Any info would be appreciated.
Later.

dr pepperman
01-04-2000, 10:15 PM
Fixx,
I'm sure Dr Pepper an 7-UP 12 packs will go up in price when Pepsi and Coke do. I work in a grocery store. We receive Dr Pepper from the local Coke distributor and 7-UP from the Pepsi dist. When Coke and Pepsi prices increase so do Dr P And 7UP. The price list makes no distinction(?) in flavors, it just lists costs and retails under the package size. I dont know what will happen in areas that have an actual Dr Pepper and 7UP distributor.

PeaceKitty
01-05-2000, 03:39 PM
AHHHHh
I didn't get to do the first DP message of the year 2000! *bawls* Powers beyond me made it impossible for me to use the computer for the last 3 weeks. Damn

What do u think this new year, decade, century, and millenium hold for Dr Pepper?

Fixx
01-05-2000, 09:20 PM
As I think I stated in previous messages, I believe you will see 3 major bottlers in most markets. You will see Dr Pepper/7Up/RC distributors, Coke, and Pepsi.

Also, as I have stated in the Southern California market, the rumors on the street are that Coke will not be distributing Dr Pepper. Now then where will that lead Pepper in the years to come, well I think it should actually shine further because of a focus issue. Dr Pepper will be their Coke Classic and even though Coke will be trying to push Pibb, the consumer will not have the same response to that as they have to Dr Pepper.
So THATS what I predict. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif
Later.

JACK
01-05-2000, 10:28 PM
Well..the future is now...Dr Pepper what does today hold???.. In So Cal CCE/Coke will Keep DP for the duration. Although the DPSUBC (Dr Pepper / Seven Up Bottling Company) Turner and American Bottling will want Dr Pepper they will not get it. What is a better bet is that 7Up ends up with Pepsi along with some other DPSU brands and Pepsi picks up a strategic DP franchise somewhere else in the country.

DP is very profitable to all bottlers because of its strength in the single bottle sales which is the only segment that a bottler still makes money. Yes they make pennies at the grocery chain but make bucks in the 20oz. as long as no one screws with pricing. Dr Pepper will always be one of the top sellers in vendors

CCE will not drop DP.....not a good business decision even in low per cap markets.

Pibb sucks and the only reason it exists is that CCUSA forces customers to buy it....first Microsoft then COKE...restraint of trade is their SOP...

Remember....ask for Dr Pepper everywhere in every restaurant...if they serve Pibb ask for the manager or owner....It Matters...
Go thru the Drive thru of the chain that serves Pibb and order a special order and after they tell you they sell Pibb...tell them you can get a burger anywhere..but Pepper it matters

Fixx
02-24-2000, 10:06 PM
Just to keep this topic alive and keep the posts coming somewhat. Wonder what happened to PK? Why isnt she posting to this site.
Wonders if we will get to 100 posts eventually.

Oh yeah, Diet Dr Pepper is good. OUT!
Later.

Russ 10*2*4
03-05-2000, 06:47 AM
Hey Fixx......I wonder too what happened to PK......she just vanished...I had her e-mail address....but she never responded......

PeaceKitty
03-07-2000, 04:50 PM
*sobs* you guys are so great missing my insane babble and meaningless post *blows her nose all over Rusty's shirt* *sniff* thanks

Oh threw one stupid means or another i was kicked off the computer!! But i'm back!!! Sorta. Uh as stated in the e-mail i mail to Russ, we all know i'm not -all- there since i'm such a crazy little thing *chuckles*

Do you know what its like to come on the net and not have a damn clue whats going on??!?! I mean ah what do all these posts mean AH what happened while i was gone AH NETLAG..OoOooo i have a headache.

Um reading my message again i recall that i still don't have the page finished. And due to a crappy computer my HD crashed and i lost -everything- My DP site i'll have to start from nothing, sucks.

I had a sign (of wood) made for me that says "THE DPQ" ooo pret-ty. Its DP color and white.

Just a couple days ago i started going on alt.fan.dr-pepper (my alais, DPQ *S*) but its not really a happening place. Damn. A message board just poped up on www.dr-pepper.com (http://www.dr-pepper.com) yesterday so you all have to go there and worship Dr Pepper for me.

So -what- have you guys been up to? Do you know how -boring- IRL is? I mean...i have to see...people all the time. ek, people scare me http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif

PeaceKitty
03-07-2000, 04:59 PM
AHH 3 pages *crazy insane laughter for a long long period of time* 3 pages

*blinks* OHMYGOD WE WERE SO CLOSE!! Just a few more meaningless messages and we could have had page 3 by the year 2000!! *LOL*

Wow that made my day

Fixx
03-10-2000, 01:05 AM
WOW PK you are back. I am shocked and sort of stoked to see you back.
The insane psycho babble was getting pretty addictive. So to be on withdrawals from the lack of PK Psycho Babble has been well...... different. But Russ you forgot to post something about DP on this site.

PK, good to have ya back.

Later.

PS - Dr Pepper has not dot after the "Dr"

Fixx
07-03-2000, 11:46 PM
Posted to keep the topic alive. Oh yeah! Dr Pepper has not dot after the "r" in Dr and Diet Dr Pepper is better than the original.
Out! http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif
Later.

sodasommelier
07-08-2000, 10:46 AM
Yes I agree with Fixx that Diet Dr Pepper is better than the regular. Of course it tastes best from longneck glass bottles. And the Dublin Dr Pepper is great as well. The Mexican Dr Pepper is also really good. As it says on the bottles... "Sorprendemente Diferente"! Only thing is... drink too much of that in one day and Peacekitty may need to start using the name "Pazgata"!

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

sodasommelier
07-08-2000, 10:48 AM
Yes I agree with Fixx that Diet Dr Pepper is better than the regular. Of course it tastes best from longneck glass bottles. And the Dublin Dr Pepper is great as well. The Mexican Dr Pepper is also really good. As it says on the bottles... "Sorprendemente Diferente"! Only thing is... drink too much of that in one day and Peacekitty may need to start using the name "Pazgata"!

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

FitzgeraldHead
07-09-2000, 12:08 AM
By the way, what happened to PeaceKitty? She has hit another quiet phase.

PeaceKitty
07-09-2000, 01:06 AM
*waves arms dramatically* I'm still here, mind and body! (well mostly body we know how my mind goes)

Whew sorry guys off-line has just really sucked up all my time. I got a job, then i got fired, then i starts finding 101 reasons not to go to school and ummm, you can guess how well that when. Now i'm 12 hours a day at summer school. Oh hell i love college lots better than highschool.

I'm a bad bad girl, i still haven't finished my Dr Pepper site. I get so far then just feel its not spiffy enough and trash the whole thing. humph. Never did find a Dr Pepper counter or any script that would allow me to put my own pics in.

I -will- finish it one day, have no fear. You'll be the first to know, as is it i'm not even restarting in since IRL is geting so bitchy to me.

But no worries on the Dr Pepper aspect of my life, stil chugging it down like nobodies business

I GOT A KITTEN!!! Its now 8 weeks old is named, you guess it. DR PEPPER! PEpper for short. Shes so cute! PICCYS!
http://www.illminds.com/dpq/pepper.jpg http://www.illminds.com/dpq/pepper2.jpg http://www.illminds.com/dpq/pepper3.jpg
little warning badwork in this one http://www.illminds.com/dpq/pepper4.jpg

AHH SHES SO CUTE! I gotta take some more piccys of her. I got some DP yesterday and put her next to it and she started to lick the bottle! um it was cause of the condensation and she was thristy i guess but it was still cute! *chuckles*

*lets out breath of air* no news soda wise. annoying people on-line as much as ever. I'm getting into photoshop alot and logo design.

Ya know i don't think theres -one- person i know that doesn't look at me oddly when i express my views on Dr pepper and even MORE oddly when i tell them about this place.

I joined a Dr Pepper newsgroup and hung out in a Dr Pepper club on yahoo but my newsgroup access died and i don't feel like going through deja.com and the club shut down....grrrr.

More useless babble to come, have no doubt. Typing fast so sorry about the terrible typing and grammer i don't care! i gotta run!

Fixx
07-09-2000, 07:21 PM
Props to ya' PK for the kitten shots. Love them http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif
Good to have you back posting a little and since this is a Dr Pepper post. Well, Dr Pepper outsells regular Coke in the Dallas/Ft. Worth market and Dublin, TX Dr Pepper is the best!!
Later.

PS - I have never seen Mexican Dr Pepper. Can someone advise as to who sells Mexican Dr Pepper?? I have tried Mexican Pepsi and Mexican Coke and even Mexican 7Up. Those ROCK but Mexican Dr Pepper??? hmmmm.....

PeaceKitty
07-10-2000, 02:04 AM
Not that i'm answer your question Fixx, but just another excuse to babble http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/smile.gif

I went to Mexico a couple years ago to uh..Xstopa..er Xaotopia... I dunno how the hell its spelt. Sounds like "X-stop-pa"
ANYWAYZ i got DP there and it was no better or worse. Than again it was Club Med so who knows where the heck they got it.

I did go into town and bought this 2 liter bottle of coke thats shaped like a 20oz bottle. Thought it was funny, still have it unopened. Funny it says "2 litros" on it and unless thats spanish for liters then its a typo,since everything else on the bottle is done in english, go fig. Cost me a whoel 50 cents *chuckles*

Thanks it good to have been missed even if it was only by a few selected people. You know my my attention span is only so great so i don't know how long i will be back babbling along.

Fixx
07-10-2000, 02:22 AM
Well PK, the 2 "litros" means 2 liters in spanish.
So no it wasnt a typo.
I am still curious about a Mexican Dr Pepper. I didnt think the mexican population drank a whole lot of Dr Pepper. Mostly Squirt, Coke, and Pepsi right??
(based on demographics that I have seen in some heavily hispanic markets).
Later.

JACK
07-11-2000, 09:17 AM
To my fellow Peppers....this is a call to ARMS....I am looking for someone who can help me start bashing Corporate Texaco for removing our Beloved Dr Pepper from their fountains and replacing it with "Coke's ANTI TRUST CHILD MR. Pibb"....

We need to let Texaco know what a stupid decision they have made. Now they have left DP on in the state of Texas..or should I say planet...(no offence)...but here in Oklahoma we sell more Dr Pepper per capita than any other state.

Peace Kitty and Fixx lets rally the troops..

It matters...if Pibb gets these type of availabilities...

Please help me out here with some ideas.

Texaco operates over 1000 Convenience stores as Texaco and Shell...This is the corporate locations only...not franchisees...

I am attempting to get an address for the corporate offices.

sodasommelier
07-13-2000, 01:46 AM
Just a note about Mexican Dr Pepper... I've had it of course in Mexico. It's super hard to find in the USA because most of the importers don't carry it. But i've seen it in San Pedro (LA COunty) at a funky coffee house called "Sacred Grounds". It comes in 12oz deposit bottles (glass). Very good stuff.

------------------

Fixx
07-13-2000, 08:48 AM
To Jack: I dont believe Texaco OWNS Shell. I am aware of the Chevron-Mobil merger but not Texaco-Shell.
Concerning Pibb being on fountain, I believe the numbers will speak for themselves. Reality is, Pibb does not have the pull through of Dr Pepper and fountain is one of the BIGGEST money makers in the stores. As far as it being a "corporate" decision in over 1000 stores? Ummm......I believe it is more of a Regional decision in Oklahoma because it has not reached the west coast due to availability, or lack thereof, of Pibb.

I wouldnt be too concerned because the numbers speak for themselves and if they see that Pibb is 30% off vs. Dr Pepper over last year then they will start to question that decision and put Dr Pepper back on fountain. Remember, DP has numbers to back themselves up as one of the fastest growing soft drinks in the industry just behind Mountain Dew and demand is getting stronger every year for DP.

Hope it helps.
Later.

surgefeedtherush
07-13-2000, 01:31 PM
On my trip to New Jersey from Like June 19 to July 5th I found something interesting. In New Jersey/ New York
Dr Pepper is made by Coke. It was my impression that in the US only Seven-Up/DrPepper and Pepsi were the distributors of Pepper. A funny fact is that we have a Seven-Up/Dr.Pepper here in my area. But they dont make eather 7-Up OR Dr. Pepper. They only do A&W and RC. Guess they should change their name.When I was in Jersey I finaly allowed myself to drink Pepper and It is great stuff. I wont drink it here becouse Pepsi makes it and I have a protest angainst those stupid Pepsi commercials. They are just so pathetic. And that dumb song too. Its insulting. Now I need to give myself a Pepper Vs. Pibb test. They both taste quite similar. Is it true Fixx that Pepper/Pibb do better in the south? That seems like what most nonbeverage inclined people think. Is it true?

Hang Out, Have Fun, Its SUMMER!!!!

FitzgeraldHead
07-13-2000, 03:24 PM
It's a funny thing.... I go into restaraunts and fast food places that serve Coke products, yet Mr. Pibb is nowhere to be found and Dr Pepper is there instead. I even see Coke vending machines with Dr Pepper instead of Mr. Pibb. I also hate that little six year old bitch that sings in the Pepsi commercials too!!!

dr pepperman
07-13-2000, 09:03 PM
I am not Fixx but I believe I can answer a question. Yes Mr Pibb does better in the south because it is a Coke product. Until the late 70's Dr Pepper was also a mostly southern product.
I live 5 miles from the NY PA border in NY. The local Coke distributor sells Dr Pepper in NY but in its PA territory it sells Pibb because the Pepsi dist. there handles Pepper. Stores in my area get 7UP thru the Pepsi dist. and Pepper thru Coke.
30 miles away in PA along the border, until 1999, another Coke distributor had Pepper then somehow the RC, A&W dist got Pepper and Pibb showed up thru Coke. Mr Pibb lasted less than a year at that areas local K-Mart,(my nearest source) and now is hard to find again. When I've been in VA,SC or FL Dr Pepper is always handled by Pepsi. Coke does some fountian business with Pibb here.

dr pepperman
07-13-2000, 09:38 PM
I hope this does not show twice. I posted a reply but I do not see it.
Anyways, Mr Pibb does sell better in the south most likely because it is a Coke product and because it has better distribution in the south.
I live 10 miles north of the NY PA border in NY. The local Coke distributor carries Dr Pepper for its NY accounts and Mr Pibb for its small PA territory because Pepsi handles Pepper in that region. 30 miles to the east of me,also along the border another Coke dist had Dr Pepper until about late 98 early 99. Soon they were carrying Pibb and Pepper was showing up on store shelves in the RC A&W section. Mr Pibb lasted about 1 year on the shelves of the K-mart were I Picked up my monthly 12 pack. I picked up the last two cases the last week of 99 and havent seen any since. Have not seen Pibb in that Coke dist area anywhere. Further into PA its easy to find. Mr Pibb still shows up at several fast food fountians in both Coke territories.
DR Pepper/7UPs other product, 7-UP, is handled by the Pepsi dist in my area.
Also Texaco and Shell plus a third company have merged or entered in a joint venture or something. I don't know if Texaco and Shell are one company now or just sharing some business aspects.

dr pepperman
07-13-2000, 09:39 PM
what? Son of a B****!!! Why does it show up after I posted a new topic. Sorry these postings are here twice.

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 07-13-2000).]

FitzgeraldHead
07-14-2000, 12:58 PM
Here's the way that I handle the situation that you are talking about. If your post does not show up, go back to the topic page(by clicking General Discussion, not the back button) and see if the topic you answered shows up at the top with a new post. If it does, then your post was a success. Hey PK, hurry up and get the 100th post before someone else does.

------------------
RC is the best, Don't settle for the rest, RC.... now that sounds good to me

dr pepperman
07-14-2000, 06:11 PM
I did just that. Must of been an off night.

PeaceKitty
07-15-2000, 07:56 PM
*marvels* 100 posts.....100 POSTS!! and i didn't get to do the 100th POST!!! ugh

Real quicj cause i'm late as it is i'll be back tommorrow or later tonight w/ a "real" supply. Around 10 years ago it was REALLY hard to find Dr Pepper in southern Californa. Atleast in my little area. My dad has long been a lover of Dr Pepper and i've gotten a few stories of what he has had to do to get some DP once it moved into this city of Santa Clarita.

Nows it EVERYWHERE (yah!!) But Pibb was usually in fountian rather than Dr Pepper. A Del Taco by me recently switched to Dr Pepper over Mr. Pibb (yahh again) and once other place which i can't recall off the top off my head. I now see alot of Dr Pepper in fountian over Mr. Pibb. Its SILLY that they have pibb in fountian but they don't even SELL Mr. Pibb here in cans or bottles.

Like you've heard me say before, if it wasn't for the net i wouldn't even KNOW what a Mr. Pibb can looked like. WHY WHY WHY sell something if you can only get it in crappy fountian.

Fixx
07-16-2000, 01:15 AM
Ok to answer a few questions. Dr Pepper is NOT a Coke product. It is a licensed product from Cadbury and the local Coke bottler has the bottling rights to the brand. Same with Pepsi being that they have bottling rights to the brand in their local area (whatever that is). So if you choose to boycott DP in your local area because of it being bottled by Pepsi or Coke that is your perogative but it is Cadbury that you are actually boycotting because Cadbury ships the local bottler the syrup and mix for the product and the bottler just bottles it.

Just an FYI.
Later.

surgefeedtherush
07-16-2000, 10:43 PM
Sorry my past post may have been a little confusing. I do know that Pepper isnt Coke or Pepsi and is infact Cadbury. It just seemed to me that Pepsi bottlers made up a larger % atleast in the US. As for my Pepsi boycott (if you can even call it that, its more of just a strong distaste for their ads and customer respect (or lack of)) I realize that Cadbury gets some of the money but the local bottler does too. I have just recently noticed that Coke made Dr. Pepper has showed up in a few stores and it seems that it is gaining more distribution as we speak (atleast the Coke version) I simply want to show that I have no respect for Pepsi and their abuse of customers threw degrading ads, stupid logo and poor taste. As for Pepper. Im glad to see it back in good hands! (atleast here)

Buel_F_Rawlings
07-18-2000, 05:49 PM
Hello Folks,

I am sorry I have not entered the Dr Pepper discussion until now, but I have a few requests from you hardcore Dr fans. I have noticed that there are a number of "Dr" imitations. Ones I have noted are: Dr Thunder, Dr Thirst, Dr McGillicuddy's (root beer), and Dr Henry Wienhardt's (root beer). I am trying to accumulate a master list of Dr nock-offs or so named sodies. If you have a regional brand in your area please post those Dr's.

Also, to the Dr Pepper queen, if you need a theme song for your site I have a good one (not the Dr Pepper song).

As for me, Dr Pepper is good now and then, but it is too bicarbonated for the good of the people (I am a communist). Thus it is only good if I am in the mood for a stiff sodies.

I appreciate the low carbonation of Faygo sodies - so I wish they would make a Dr Pepper sodies, but have not yet.

Later,

Buel F. Rawlings http://move.to/1824

king crab the dog eater
07-18-2000, 09:04 PM
Go to www.drpep.com (http://www.drpep.com) and click on the link section. There are links to several excellent sites that document dozens of knockoffs.

dr pepperman
07-21-2000, 06:54 PM
The three best lists of Dr Peper clones are as follows:
http://library.cmsu.edu/kw/pepper/imapep.htm
http://studentweb.tulane.edu/~mpresto/main.html
http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~dschul/drp/dr.html

Between the 3 you can get a good idea of whats out there. Each has photos and links to the other 2 sites plus links to others that may or may not be active.

PeaceKitty
08-23-2000, 05:46 AM
yeah well, i really lag in posting in here.

I just got back from a trip from Montana, and of course i had to bring Dr Pepper into it somehow.

We drove up thought CA, stoped in Nevada, moved around through Oregan, up to Washington, right across Idaho, around a bit in Montana (were i finally didn't have to sit in a car ALL day) then ont he trip home we went though utah, about 5 secs in Arozonia, back to nevada then Californa.

I have a DP bottle from each of the states WEEEEEEEE. Most of them were bottled in Atlantia, but the one i got in Montana was bottle in Bozemen(sp?) MT.

Ok, one rant. WTF doesn't the DP by me have widemouths? Thats not fair. I went to Oregan and it had one (bottled by Pepsi i believe.)

Oh, and another thing. I saw my frist bottle of Pibb. They don't sell it around me (even though its in EVERY d_mn fountian in fast food) So i bought it, yah i know evil, but still.

Also saw storm, but i didn't both getting that, i'm not -that- evil.

All in all i had so many Dr Pepper on that trip its not funny. Anytime anyone got thristy we stoped and bought a couple bottles for everyone (everyone in my family like DP)

Question:is there any DP-clone that does -really- well in their area. just curious. As far as i know Pibb is the only one thats really noticable in my area

Um well its like 3am. i need that mythical thing call sleep, see ya

Corey
08-23-2000, 03:49 PM
Now don't get me wrong you guys are pepper lovers and i think it is cool that you go traveling for different pepper from different states, but you guys should read up on the business aspect of it firt. For example..I am not trying to be rude...but There are three types of bottlers...........Independent(Canada Dry or Family named.......Coke.....or Pepsi. When it says made my Coke in atlanta....that means the headquarters not the plant........coke and pepsi have plants all over the U.S.

Fixx
08-25-2000, 09:57 AM
Well to expand on that comment of there are three types of bottlers (independent, Coke, and Pepsi). Well that is assuming ALL Coke bottlers are owned by CCE and ALL Pepsi bottlers are owned by PBG. That is not all true. Ironically there are many Pepsi bottlers that are independent from PBG and many Coke bottlers that are independent from CCE.
So to say that there are 3 types of bottlers is really a misnomer. That is like saying that all Budweiser distributorships are owned by A-B.
Now then, what were you saying?

dlhancock
08-25-2000, 09:45 PM
When Mr Pibb was introduced many years ago Coca Cola Corp. was truly embarassed because it was not available in Atlanta. The local bottler had the rights to Dr Pepper. After much pressure on the Atlanta franchise, they finally caved in and gave up the rights to Dr Pepper to the locall Pepsi bottler (GCC Beverages of Chestnut Hill, Mass.--the same friends that at the time brought you General Cinema Corporation theatres and had ownership --I believe--of HBJ, the testbook publisher). The whole point of this is that from market to market depending upon what corporate ownership exists and what corporate politics have been played, Dr Pepper could be bottle by most anyone. I don't know of any CCE territory where Dr Pepper is carried rather than Mr Pibb, but there may be some. There are still many Coca Cola franchises that have not been swallowed up by CCE and many of them carry Dr Pepper. They must feel it is a better product, has better sales potential, gives them a better profit margin, or some combination of these.

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/rolleyes.gif By the way, Shell and Texaco are two separate corporate entities, however Shell and Texaco have engaged in a number of marketing territory swaps and have entered into joint ventures for marketing in some areas through affiliates or franchise holders (e.g. Star Mart, etc.). They have also combined some or all refining operations in the U.S. and other areas. Mobil and Chevron are not related, but Exxon and Mobil did merge. BP, Amoco, Castrol, and ARCO are now one as well. Most of you probably don't care about this trivia, so I apologize for boring you with it. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/redface.gif

[This message has been edited by dlhancock (edited 08-25-2000).]

JACK
08-26-2000, 08:48 AM
Interesting stuff about Texaco / Shell but I just want Dr Pepper back.

Some addtional information about CCE bottlers carrying Dr Pepper.

Just some of the CCE Bottlers who carry Dr Pepper

Lubbock, Tx - 6th largest Dr Pepper Per cap in the World
Roswell, NM - and other plants in that region
San Antonio, TX

CCE has a distribution agreement with Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, who owns Dr Pepper, to maintain their franchises through 2003.

Of the Top Ten non CCE Coke plants that carry Dr Pepper

Coke Philadelphia
Great Plains Coca Cola - Oklahoma and Arkansas
Swire Coca Cola - Salt Lake City

Interesting there are Coke independent and CCE bottlers in the Southwest who are not the franchised bottlers but must carry Dr Pepper in fountain to compete against the franchise bottler who has Pepper.

Interesting...in Oklahoma...the #1 CSD distributor in OKC - Coke...in Tulsa...Pepsi...what do the leaders have in common...Dr Pepper!!!!! Dr Pepper is franchised with Coke in OKC and Pepsi in Tulsa.

Just a note...family owned Dr Pepper bottler in Scronton, Pa....- Crystal Soda Water Company....they make the best flavors..

Have a Dr Pepper day....ask for it by name and accept no subsitutions...IT MATTERS

dr pepperman
08-26-2000, 03:09 PM
So what you are saying Jack is that Crystal Water Soda's Dr Pepper tastes better than Mid Atlantic Canners Association, Inc out of Hamburg, Pa or any other Pepper bottler? I'll will have to compare. I live 45 mins from Crystal's furthest reach west of Scranton.

JACK
08-27-2000, 09:00 AM
Sent it twice sorry

Have a Dr Pepper Day...and remember to ask for it by name at every restaurant...let them know ....that it matters.

[This message has been edited by JACK (edited 08-27-2000).]

sodasommelier
08-27-2000, 12:06 PM
I've never had the Dr Pepper from Crystal Soda in Scranton but the stuff I've had that they bottle is excellent. Chalk up one more for a family-owned plant that cares about the flavor of its products. If it's not CCE or PBG it's a no-brainer that it'll be as good or better. If you live within 2 hours of Scranton you should buy all of your family's drinks from them!

------------------

dr pepperman
09-20-2000, 12:43 AM
Just trying to keep this alive and get up to four pages.

dr pepperman
09-21-2000, 12:11 AM
Hey Kitty,
Dr Pepper can be found in wide mouth cans in NY in areas where Pepsi bottles it.

sodasommelier
09-21-2000, 01:46 AM
Hey, I've got a Dr Pepper jacket and a Dr Pepper pen and Dr Pepper shirts and a bunch of 8oz bottles of Dublin TX Dr Pepper so there! That beats any widemouth cans Pepsi puts out!!!! And I even have 12oz glass bottled Mexican Dr Pepper.... sorprendemente diferente!!!!!

------------------

dr pepperman
09-22-2000, 07:23 PM
Hey, thats great. I bet you look really spiffy dressed in your Dr P jacket and shirt while using your Dr P pen to sign the credit card slip to pay for your purchase of Mexican Dr Pepper. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif

Fixx
09-26-2000, 10:18 AM
Yes but you forgot to say the Dr Pepper sweatshirt http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif

I have one of those but I got it a few years ago in Houston, Texas.

Later.

PS I gave away my DP hat though. Should have said Diet Dr Pepper. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/biggrin.gif

robbie
09-26-2000, 11:20 AM
your humour is getting to me
are you as cute as you are funny
just wondering?

dr pepperman
09-27-2000, 12:52 AM
Well I was going to post some usless Dr Pepper trivia to get this to 4 pages but someone did it first.
Guess I will go wash one of my 7 Dr pepper t-shirts,then put on my Dr Pepper racing hat and go upstairs and look at my Dr Pepper diecast Nascar models, then count how many cans of Dr P imitators are on the shelf. (Just showing I was not making fun of anyone for having Dr Pepper clothing and whatnot).

Fixx
09-28-2000, 09:51 PM
Ok, I have to try to keep up with this thread. There seems to be LOTS of "threads" going around with all this DP apparel at the DP apparel store her on Bevnet.com.DP_apparelstore.net. http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/wink.gif

Ok and the first one to click on that URL is funny and needs to read it further. hehe
Later.

PS- To make this a FULL Dr Pepper thread. Ummmm...Diet Dr Pepper is better than regular Dr Pepper (with no dot) "out!" .

dr pepperman
09-29-2000, 11:29 PM
Until the early 50's there was a dot.

john pepper
09-30-2000, 04:09 PM
I'm a ...well, you know, but I don't have to drink it, do I?

dr pepperman
11-14-2000, 12:38 AM
Just trying to keep this going.

dr pepperman
11-30-2000, 01:04 AM
Here Kitty Kitty Kitty. Come here Kitty. Where are you Kitty?

bwtucker
11-30-2000, 09:59 AM
Is the pure cane sugar Dr Pepper really worth the price??

dr pepperman
11-30-2000, 10:10 PM
Having tried the pure cane sugar variety twice I have to say no. Thats just my taste buds opinions. I do not want to start any online fights about my opinion on this. I do not doubt anyone who says different.

bwtucker
12-02-2000, 12:43 AM
Hey why wasn't Dr. Pepper compared with Coke and Pepsi, I think its far superior!!!!
BT

PeaceKitty
12-07-2000, 01:05 PM
Its the one, the only the PEACEKITTY.

Hello to my lovely fan and to my not-so-fans and my damn-we-hate you fans as well.

Due to a LACK of insanity and a thing called full-time school AND a job i've been really really busy. I'm still on-line some but i never found time to come here and babble about that most awesome drink we all know as Dr Pepper.

Widemouth Cans-*sniffies* They don't have them by me, do you think i can rightly consider that blasphamy or some or of sin? Maybe atleast something immorally wrong? I mean shouldn't we all have a RIGHT in inhale Dr Pepper as fast as we humanly can? Why don't all sodas have wide-mouth openings?

sodasommelier:I hate you...i really do. I'm going to have to slowly stalk you untill i can kill you and run away with you Dr Pepper collectables. Have a nice day http://64.78.38.193/bevboard/smile.gif Oh and ignore the person hiding behind the bushes, thats just me, so cause for alarm

dr pepperman:I have you dislike you to now. While i have a DP obession i have this AMAZING ablility to be broke. It really quiet a talent i have. I mean maybe i should patent the method or something, but anywayz my DP collection consist of a Dr Pepper bottle, crappy Dr Pepper mirror, a Dr Pepper marble and a Dr Pepper patch.....and that sadly is it. My other amazing ability is not to acutally go and order Dr Pepper things when i do have money. I'm multi-talented can you tell?

"here kitty kitty"?!?! *laughs her little caffeinated mind off* Aw shucks you love me you really love me.

bwtucker:Oh souless creature that has insulted the holy drink (all hail Dr Pepper) Learn well my son and seek the truth and realize that Dr Pepper is not burdered by the dot any longer. Go and share this new knowlage you carry with you now.

OK while my amazing ability to be broke rages on, i still have my orignal "artworks" inspired by Dr Pepper.
http://www.illminds.com/art/dp.jpg -when i went to the Dr Pepper club on yahoo i made this piccy for them. They sadly shut down, the bastards
http://www.illminds.com/art/dpvike2.jpg -Oh i couldn't help it. It makes no sense and the "paradox" is suposed to be how can DP hold a dagger w/o any arms.
http://www.illminds.com/art/nodp.jpg -my favorite. I think i captured the expersion in my eyes REALLY well. don't you think?? *chuckles*

These are acutally old ones i did months ago, i've been so busy i couldn't even mess w/ mt 2nd love, Photoshop (which in no way compares to Dr Pepper (all hail) but its still rather spiffy.

My Kitty Dr Pepper is doing good. Shes in her teenage stage and running around like a hyper caffeinated junky *sniff* i'm so proud of her.

Thanks all of you who, in the spirit of Dr Pepper, kept this post alive as the BIGGEST post on Bevnet, and now with 4 pages.

dr pepperman
12-07-2000, 10:05 PM
PK, If you babble for just a few more paragraphs you may be the one to get this to 5 pages.

sodasommelier
12-08-2000, 02:21 AM
Hey what's up with that? I always considered myself as a "cat person"! Anyway, I adore Dr Pepper from Dublin TX in glass bottles with the cane sugar; as far as the fountain stuff and widemouth cans and plastic... won't touch it. And Diet Dr Pepper Longnecks really rock. Have you had any of the good stuff? If you're in Santa Clarita why not go to the Borders Bookstore in Valencia and ask the cafe manager to order in some real Dr Pepper for you to try!

------------------

PeaceKitty
12-08-2000, 01:40 PM
dr pepperman: I'm so glad you have such faith i my babbling ability. http://64.78.38.193/bevboard/smile.gif

sodasommelier:Oh you know i love you, I just thought it was funny for a very specific reason. This is the ONLY place i still go around a "PeaceKitty" It was my first internet alias which i picked when i was 11, i thought it was such a bad-ass name. The young are often stupid, as i'm now realizing *chuckles* Why i acutally choose to make that my handle here i don't know since i hadn't used it in a couple years before i came here. SO when you said "here kitty kitty" it just made me laugh.

Well see *digs toe in ground* i'm really shy and even if its for the sake of Dr Pepper (all hail) i have a really hard time asking for things from strangers. Does that make be a bad Dr Pepper fanatic? *sniffies*

I planing on acutally having some money after X-mas so maybe i'll order soem DP stuff on-line instead of blowing it all on ebay.

boodoo
12-08-2000, 01:44 PM
If you've been a good little kitty maybe Santa Claus will get you some catnip instead!

dr pepperman
12-08-2000, 06:16 PM
PK, how about blowing your money buying Dr Pepper items on ebay. You get the best of both worlds.

PeaceKitty
12-08-2000, 06:29 PM
Catnip? Who the hell whats catnip i want money, hard cash, maybe for someone to pay for phone bill...yah that would be nice.

I'm not a cat so i don't need catnip. I don't have claws but i do have a sword. Would like to meet Mr. Sword? How bout Ms Dagger? (i got those off Ebay BTW)

DP Man http://64.78.38.193/bevboard/redface.gifhh i have thats where i have gotten all my DP stuff from. I really want to get one of those glass bottles w/ the REALLLLLLLY long necks. I was outbid last time i tried to get one. They were really popular like 10 years ago or so and you could buy them at target for X-mas. I was just a little tike back then and my DP obession wasn't at the height it is now.

I had a "THE DPQ" sign made out of wood. Its so spiffy its maroon and white, its so spiffy. I gotta get a piccy of it and post it on here.

PeaceKitty
12-10-2000, 07:57 PM
Ah well i was bored.. http://www.illminds.com/drpepper/b.htm

But i'm lazy so i'm pretty sure i'll never get beyond that. Thought i would share my useless page with you all. Anyone want to acutally fill in info be my guest

dr pepperman
12-13-2000, 06:53 PM
Ok I will do some unsolicited PR for Dr Pepper to see if I can get this thread to five pages.
Keep an eye out for the #26 Dr Pepper car driven by Bobby Hamilton Jr in Nascars Busch Grand National series. 2001 looks to be the best year yet for Dr Pepper's involvement in Nascar. My kitchen will be overflowing with Dr Pepper as I by 12 pack after 12 pack trying to win whatever Dr Pepper will be giving away in their 2001 race contest.
So once again, root for the #26 Dr Pepper car in Nascar next year.
Hopefully this will get the thread to five pages. Maybe I should have double spaced the sentences.
Well here it goes.

FitzgeraldHead
12-13-2000, 08:12 PM
It might take a little more to get it to five pages. So PK, how is California? Georgia is icy right now; cold enough to put some DP in the garage and have it ice cold and ready for consumption. What's new with Dr Pepper? Do you think they will change their can anytime soon?

sodasommelier
12-14-2000, 12:47 AM
I still think that Mexican Dr Pepper and Dublin Dr Pepper (both made in glass bottles with real sugar) are much better than any of the ugly canned Dr Peppers out there. And this comes from a guy who has a dozen Dr Pepper T Shirts, hats, and so forth! The original Dr Pepper is really good; personally, my favourite is Diet Dr Pepper Longnecks; I drank 3 of them today!

------------------

bwtucker
12-14-2000, 10:20 AM
Hey is Dr Pepper readily available in Mexico? Can you find it north of Monterrey? I will be in Mexico around the first of January. How does the Mexican DP taste compared to the American counterpart with pure cane sugar or how about compared to the corn syrup version?????????????????????

------------------
NuGrape is my life!!!!

dr pepperman
12-14-2000, 11:16 PM
I've never had Mexican Pepper ( I have had Coke) but the USA pure cane sugar version did not taste much different to me. Of course Sodasommilier(?) would tell me thats because I drink Dr Pepper out of a can and if I had both corn syrup and cane sugar versions out of glass I would notice a difference. Maybe,but my taste buds are so bad I probably could not tell the difference between Coke Pepsi and RC if I drank them out of unmarked containers. Well I would pick out Coke, but Pepsi and RC would confuse my tongue.
Since I can not babble on and on like Peace Kityy I will stop and see if this gets it to 5 pages. If not Peace Kitty get on and ramble because you started this so you should be the one to get it to five pages if this does not.

sodasommelier
12-15-2000, 12:35 AM
Yes you can buy Dr Pepper in Northern Mexico from any Cadbury (or Peñafiel) bottler.

Probably the taste thing is partly psychological. If you had Dom Perignon out of a styrofoam coffee cup it would be technically the same thing but it wouldn't seem the same. My cousin works for Dr Pepper and he says there's no difference between any of the different Dr Peppers. But regardless, there's a certain thrill you get from having a "real" Dr Pepper; call it what you will but it's really enjoyable to have one of the real ones... the whole experience, taste, bottle, and so forth.

------------------

dlhancock
12-15-2000, 05:06 AM
Does the combination of Dr Pepper and baking soda make an effective cleaner for copper? I know ketchup works pretty well. How about ketchup and DP? Well that can make a foundation for BBQ sauce, but I digress.

bwtucker
12-30-2000, 10:33 PM
Hey I just got back from Mexico and I didn't see any Dr Pepper down there. I was on the north eastern part all the way down to Monterrey and Cadareta. I seen plenty of the Coke and Pepsi.

sodasommelier
01-01-2001, 01:50 PM
Wow, and Monterrey is so close to Texas! Well, I guess Cadbury isn't doing its job down there! Maybe they should call it "Doctor Pimienta"! Anyway, it's a great pleasure to be the first post to this long string in 2001! Happy New Year and enjoy glass-bottled Dr Pepper or Dr. Wells or Doctor Whatever!!!!!

------------------

XTC
01-01-2001, 03:02 PM
Hello, I'm back on the BevBoard again ready to start topics about VERY strange drinks.

MFfan310
01-02-2001, 12:37 PM
Dr Pepper is good..... because Dr Pepper is a Pepsi product! (Just kidding) : )

boodoo
01-02-2001, 02:28 PM
Dr Pepper not in Monterrey? I am not surprised (since it is sold through CCE in south Texas). San Antonio is just as close to Monterrey as it is to Dallas, plus with all the travel back and forth one would think it only natural for DPSU to assign a distributor.

dr pepperman
01-21-2001, 01:40 PM
So Peace Kitty, did you get any Dr Pepper stuff of ebay? Tell us so we can get this to five pages.

Fixx
01-21-2001, 02:06 PM
I was in Rosarito over New Years and did not see any Dr Pepper in the area. I did see something called "manzana LIFT" which is an apple soda and made by Coke of Mexico. That was very good. I also purchased a 6pack of Mexican coke, introduced some US citizens to the joys of pure cane sugar sodas too! http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

Hey, on the alcoholic side. What do you think is the future of "Zaz" (the drink from Sauza Tequila that is in Mexico)?

Later

PS - Pure cane DP still rocks and uhhh....Diet Dr Pepper is still one of the best soft drinks on the market. - out -

FitzgeraldHead
01-21-2001, 06:09 PM
Holy Keyhole, Batman! Just helping you get 5 pages.

------------------
Be free,Drink RC go to www.rccola.com (http://www.rccola.com) www.rcinternational.rccola.com (http://www.rcinternational.rccola.com) www.rcedge.com (http://www.rcedge.com)

robbie
01-21-2001, 10:06 PM
going for 5
dr pepper dr pepper dr pepper dr pepper

robbie
01-21-2001, 10:08 PM
going for 5 again
dr pepper dr pepper dr pepper dr pepper
dr pepper dr pepper

robbie
01-21-2001, 10:11 PM
how much more to i have to write before you hit 5 pages
im getting tired and have too much time on my hands

robbie
01-21-2001, 10:16 PM
this is the last one i'm doing and then i go to bed

robbie
01-21-2001, 10:19 PM
ok, this is really the last one
good night

robbie
01-21-2001, 10:22 PM
someone else continue please

someone to share the load
somebody to walk the road I live on live

by aerosmith

FitzgeraldHead
01-22-2001, 03:04 PM
I wonder why PK hasn't said anything in a while. She coes back for a day or two, then leaves again. I guess she's busy with school and work, but even with that, she could at least find five minutes or less to see what the new topics or posts are. Oh well.

------------------
Be free,Drink RC go to www.rccola.com (http://www.rccola.com) www.rcinternational.rccola.com (http://www.rcinternational.rccola.com) www.rcedge.com (http://www.rcedge.com)

dr pepperman
01-23-2001, 09:00 PM
Still trying. Come on Peace Kitty, you started this topic, come ramble on about Dr Pepper and have the honor of making this the first five page topic.

dr pepperman
01-23-2001, 09:02 PM
Too bad PK http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/frown.gif Maybe if you ramble enough you can get up to six.

PeaceKitty
01-23-2001, 09:30 PM
You people scare me, you actually miss my babbling. Whats wrong w/ you? Not enough protein in your diet or something? Too much TV? WHAT WHAT??

Well yah anyways, here i am. Yes...i know...i'm such a bad little DP lover. I can't even come to my own message and preach the word of Dr Pepper! Well i've been busy. I have full-time school AND full-time work. I'm a brain-dead DPQ ok so give me a break.

dr pepperman -- Speaking of Dr Pepper and cars, i saw a Dr Pepper racing toy car on ebay and..and...AND I WANTED IT. But due to random stupidity I've been ban from Ebay for who knows how long. It was little spiffy, it had the box w/ it and everything... *sniffies*

hmmmmmm HAS anyone ever won stuff through Dr Pepper contests? I've been be blessed w/ the privilege of saying "yah i won" but i was wondering if anyone else out there has had more luck than me. I tried reealllly hard to win this Dr Pepper bike once, but alas, it didn't work out

FitzgeraldHead -- well it WAS nice. The weather in CA i mean. Infact X-mas day it was sort of warm and spiffy. Its recently gotten a little chilly. I actually have to bring my jacket along now or my arms start hurting because of the cold (i'm a wuss what can i say) Change the can? I'm not sure. I rather like the newish can. Infact its sort of my favorite design that i've seen Dr Pepper do, I'll be pissy if they change it...v-e-r-y mad.

sodasommelier -- yes anything in glass would taste much better than anything put in a can. I still wish that when i did drink DP in a can that it had a wide mouth *le sigh* Dozens of DP hats, your going to let me have one...right?

dr pepperman -- as posted above...random stupidity...ban...damn.

HOWEVER i did buy a bunch of crap from the on-line gift store at www.drpeppermuseum.com (http://www.drpeppermuseum.com)

Lets see, i got this spiffy little Dr Pepper pen, i might order a couple more. People are ALWAYS stealing my pens at work, theres no way they can take these babies and claim it as their own.

I got the "cooking with Dr Pepper" book. I can't cook....at all, but i figure it would be worth a shot with Dr Pepper at my side.

I got a Dr Pepper Mouse Pad. I'm using it at work so i might order another one for my house as well.

DR PEPPER KEYCHAIN! I love this little thing.

I got some other misc things but at this time i can't recall them. Like i said, i'm often braindead now.

What i'm really search for is one of those Dr Pepper looooonnng necked bottles that were really popular when i was like 10 or something. I remember seeing them at Kmart or something. Maybe i was younger i don't know but i saw one on ebay once as well and i just felt in love. I was outbid (i was broke at the time) and i really haven't see one since. If anyone knows where i could get one of the bottles w/ like the 2 foot-long swervy neck LET ME KNOW.

FitzgeraldHead -- yah yah i know, bad me *spanks* I've been too distracted to write anything meaningful on here when i DO come. I do come and read though. This is my favorite little DP space on the internet

dr pepperman -- Well lookie there, you post make it have 5 pages! CONGRATS!! I came here yesterday but i was too tired to post...that....that could have been MY post there. Damn...see what being lazy does? It makes you miss the GLORY!!

I recently installed a blacklight in my room. its 7 feet long and hangs beside my window. Now, the coolest thing to have right now would be a blacklight DR PEPPER post in my room. I have really high doubts if such a thing exists, but you never know. Does anyone have intformation about this?
(BTW its amazing how much liquid soap will glow in a black light)

Well i wish i could babble longer, but i have to leave work now if i wish to keep whats left of my sanity.

You're all a bunch of spiffy people, ya know that right?

Fixx
01-24-2001, 12:19 PM
Ok so now I feel old. PK talking about the "looooonnnnggg" neck bottles of DP. Hey PK, what about the old 10-2-4 bottles that they use at DP Dublin, TX. That is worth the collection. I know for a fact in Dallas-Ft Worth and Houston, Texas that you can get DP, Diet DP, RC, 7Up, A&W Rootbeer, and Sunkist in long necks. It seems to be a regional thing because I havent seen them anywhere else.

Just an FYI.

Later.

dr pepperman
01-24-2001, 07:50 PM
PK,I feel bad I made put the post on that got this to 5 pages. I believe I was the one who also got the 100th post http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/frown.gif .
If you are allowed back on ebay and find another car, don't pay over $40. Unfortunateley(wrong spelling)the guy who drove it in 2000 died (not in that car) so some sellers are asking big money for it. If you search the toy sections in your local k-mart,target,walmart toys r us, etc you may find the 1999 car kicking around. The mass merchandisers did not get the 2000 model, only the hobby stores.
As far as winning stuff from DR P contests, never. I have inside info on when the yearly DR P NASCAR related contest hits the stores and I keep my supply of Pepper low until the contest packages hit the stores. I then load up on 12 packs and some 2 liters hoping to win a diecast car, t-shirt or race trip. I even budgeted money to buy 5 cases this winter in Roanoke Va but weather keep me from going. They had a promotion where one could win a matchbox size race car in a can. This promo was not availible in NY. I did have the address to send a SASE for a free game piece but the bastards never returned the 3 I sent.
PK check the 20oz bottles in your area if your local bottler offers the Nascar promo this year. For the last 3 years after collecting 10 proof of purchase you can get a free DR P racing t-shirt if you are one of the first 10,000 and if you are not you get a coupon for a free 12 pack.
As for wide mouth cans, Coke has finally started selling cans with them ( Coke bottles DR P in my area).

PeaceKitty
01-25-2001, 09:15 PM
Yes i really want to get a 10-2-4 bottle as well. But at the very least i can get a mock-10-2-4 bottle on-line (filled w/ jelly beans, spiffy) but i can't remember seeing many long er i mean "loooonnng' necked bottles around.

Than again i'm lazy and i never look at anything that isn't put right in front of my face hmmmmmmmmmmm.

So yah if you people want to post DP links here DO SO! HELP ME SPEND MY MONEY! Let me be broke but surrounded by Dr Pepper things

dpman:
Well you could always go back and delete your post JUST KIDDING! Don't do that, i mean its my fault i don't get my caffinated ass on here a little bit more.

The car was 20 bucks...19.99..oh how i wanted it.

Thanks for the tip i'll look into that.

dr pepperman
01-26-2001, 07:27 PM
PK, while I was searching for diecast cars for my NASCAR collection I kept an eye out for the 1999 0r 2000 DR Pepper car. I had seen the 1999 car for under $30(after I paid $50 for it in early 99) No luck. The 99 had been cheap and easy to find on several dealer sites early last year, no luck now.
If you want to see the 1999,2000,and 2001 cars go to www.jayski.com. (http://www.jayski.com.) On the left under links click paint schemes. scroll down until you see 2001 BGN. Scroll down to car #26.
Do the same for 2000 and 1999 but look for car#50 for those years.
Also have you had Jelly Belly's Dr Pepper flavored jelly beans? Not to bad. Check out their site www.jellybelly.com. (http://www.jellybelly.com.)
In late 1999 I was able to register on ebay using an Excite email account without having to provide ebay with a credit card #. If ebay still lets you register as an excite user without a credit card you might want to create an Excite account and register on ebay. Be good if you can get on.Do a search for "Dr Pepper bottles" and Dr pepper bottle" you can get alot of bottles full and empty for under $5 before shipping. a cheap way to accumulate lots of Pepper goodies.
I have a few soda memorobilia(sp?) sites I check. When I find the list I will post the addresses for you.
Have you been to www.drpep.com? (http://www.drpep.com?) This is the Dublin Dr Pepper web site. They have a gift shop and you can order the pure cane sugar DP. Shipping is a killer though.

Fixx
01-28-2001, 02:12 PM
Hey I got one for you. I just found out that the "Dr Pepper Girl" from the 50's is one of the same girls that co starred in "Muscle Beach Party" with Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello (sp?). Anyway, Dr Pepper had such strict rules that she could not show her belly button on the screen because it was a violation of her contract. So she wore shorts and a sleeveless shirt throughout the whole movie.

Just thought you might want to add that to your collection, PK.

Later.

Fixx
01-29-2001, 03:08 PM
Hey from the archives, I RECENTLY found a Dr Pepper Soccer Ball at the house.
Very cool indeed. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

Thought you might wanna know, PK.

Later.

PeaceKitty
01-29-2001, 06:09 PM
Well i'm a bad girl, i signed up for another ebay account. I'm sure its illegal or at the very least against their rules, but oh well. I'll be a good girl this time and pay as soon as it ends so if i suddenly can't get to the net i won't have to worry about my e-mail stuff. I'm going to have my ebay mail be forwarded to a free on-line e-mail account so even w/o the net i could check it and find where to send the money too.

Drpep:WOW THANKS! *purrs over the image* http://www.jayski.com./schemes/2001bgn/26drpepper.jpg Do you know of any decent pictures w/ just the car in it? Not that i don't think the guy is spiffy but I just want a piccy of just the car

OF COURSE i have had the jellybeans! somewhere up in that mess is a message about be bouncing around because i found Dr Pepper jelly beans. I reread some of my stuff recently, seriously, i act like a retard what the hell do you people see in me?

*winces* no kidding about the shipping. I just got paid i might as well buy some now while i still have money to burn

Question:can you still actually buy Dr Pepper bottles w/ a dot in it in the logo? I mean w/o it being 50 years old *L*

Any ebay, when i fisted signed up, wouldn't let me use my on-line e-mail account. I just signed up w/ another e-mail from my domain.

Fixx:Add to my collection of thoughts...dear god..i think?

Really? Not that i'm a sporty person but thats still cool. If i ever get around to reproducing it would be cool to have my kids play w/ one *chuckles*

PeaceKitty
01-29-2001, 06:36 PM
OK well I ordered some of the DP on drpep.com. I will in no way mention to anyone outside this MB how much i paid for them

14 bucks just for shipping, what a complete rip off.

Does anyone know how long this takes to ship? MYGOD if you wanted next-day delivery your looking at 80 bucks shipping or something. THATS insane.

PeaceKitty
01-30-2001, 03:11 PM
...i'd just like to set aside some time and say how much i really hated the commercials during the superbowl for Dr Pepper (diet even, blah)

you can see them both at http://63.210.62.157/ or www.adcrtic.com (http://www.adcrtic.com) (same place) BTW

*sighs* it was just so...so...lacking

Chefdavis
01-31-2001, 01:20 AM
PK,

You complained about the cost of DP from Dublin. When you get your DP, let us know if you then think it is not worth it. Granted, I live in Dallas and can drive to Dublin in about two hours, but it is so damn worth it.

dr pepperman
01-31-2001, 07:49 PM
PK, any soda web site that ships glass product is going to charge a lot for shipping.
After the Daytona Speedweeks have been run new pictures of the car should appear online.
Keep checking that site for updates. Also try www.carrollracing.com. (http://www.carrollracing.com.) Last I looked the site was being updated for 2001, so keep checking. This is the website for the team that owns the car.

PeaceKitty
01-31-2001, 08:09 PM
Chefdavis: *smiles* I know your right and i'm sure i'll be doing backflips when the stuff finally arrives, but i just felt i should bitch about it now.

DrPepMan:Your so good to me you know that *bookmarks the page* It still being updated, i'll be sure to check it often! Thanks!!

dr pepperman
01-31-2001, 08:27 PM
Kitty,
If you do checkout the Carroll racing site when it is up and running and they have a fan club you might want to join.
When I joined the Mark Green club in 1999 the first mailing included lots of DR P stuff. Jelly beans, bumper sticker, static window cling, pencil, apocket calendar with Dr P promotion dates and other inside info(this must have been for DrP employes and route men) and some other stuff.
When I joined the Tony Roper fanclub in 2000 the goodie package was not as exciting. In fact I can not even remember what I got.
Also I hate to say it but do not join the 10-2-4 club unless you plan on attending their yearly gathering in Texas. The 4 newsletters are mostly about preparations for the upcoming convention, then news on the actual meeting, then a review of the meeting. Not much else for 20 bucks.
BUT, through either that club or one of the racing fan clubs my name was put on a mailing list for Clockdial magazine, Dr Pepper's inhouse publication for employees and distributors. Very interesting. I am not sure how they got my name but it must have been thru one of the fan clubs.

sodasommelier
02-01-2001, 01:16 AM
Peacekitty, if you want to get an actual (although empty) 10 2 4 Dr Pepper deposit bottle, I've got some at my warehouse that I bought back from customers after they were empty. If you're ever going to be in the South Bay (Torrance), let me know and you can have one for a buck. If you give me advance notice I'll see if I can throw in a Dr Pepper hat as well.

------------------

bigrus
02-05-2001, 07:30 AM
I think this is the best bb post I've ever read...I was just bored and dearching the net and found this. I've just spent about an hour reading all theses DP posts its now 4 Am and Im going to bed

Russ

PeaceKitty
02-05-2001, 11:00 AM
woohoo http://www.carrollracing.com is up and running!!

Although, they don't have to many pictures up andthe fan page has much to be desired. How do i join a the fan club? Theres and address there but do i have to send a fee or something? ANything specifically needed in the letter? Bah, they aren't much help.

What..the hell! The only picture they have of multiply #26 cars in a shot where they are all w/ "baywatch" on it. noooooooooo

sodasommelier:You know what, i actually know where that it! My dad used to work around there so thats how i know, otherwise my geographically ignorant mind wouldn't have known where the hell you were. I just have this amazing ability to not know where anything is weeeee.

I haven't been in down in that area in like 10 years.
No wait, i think i went there for a Red Elivises concert once (woohoo Russian guys playing rock and roll, just imagine it people! LOL)

*dances around* YES! Soon our minions will be flocking to us. Prepare my pets, we shall rule the world yet.....

Bigrus: heya there. Welcome to our babbly abyss. I think we have the best post on this BB as well. I'm glad we were amusing enough to keep you up till 4am.

dr pepperman
02-05-2001, 08:36 PM
Pk, the Dr P race team may not have a fan club. Usually its the driver who has a club but I have yet to see an address or web site for Dr P driver Bobby Hamilton Jr. I am searching. The site did mention the possibility of merchandise coming later iin the year. Baywatch restaraunts was the sponsor last year. As soon as you polish off that first bottle of Dublin Dr P let us know how you liked it. Me, I could not tell the difference.

dr pepperman
02-05-2001, 09:59 PM
Hey PK (and anyone else who likes Dr Pepper stuff).
I just checked out Dr Peppers web site. It has been updated. Click on partnerships then Dr Pepper racing then posing thunder. Its a deal where you send in your picture and if they choose to use it that week you get a Dr Pepper racing clock.
Click on promotions and search around and it explains how to collect "laps" by purchasing specially marked Dr P products and get a T-shirt or diecast car. Cool. I am heading to Pennsylvania tommorrow to check for the special packaging ( the DP dist there usually gets the promo package before it hits my local stores). Doubt I'll find it this soon though. The site loads slow and is somewhat hard to navigate.
Also for any racing fans who also drink Pepper there will be a part time team mate to the #26 Dr Pepper car,the #08 Diet Dr Pepper car driven by #26 driver Bobby Hamilton Jr's dad. The web site says both are featured in a new TV commercial. Hope a diecast car is made for the #08. Not only does this look to be the best year yet for Dr Pepper racing but I am psyched about the news of the Diet Dr Pepper car.
Ok enough talk about the Dr Pepper racing team. Hope anyone who wants to save for the shirt and/or car can find the special packages in the area. Should be out soon if not now. If anyone spots any post a sighting so I know its out.
DRINK PLENTY OF DR PEPPER AND DIET DR P!!!

I just rechecked the Dr Pepper site. You have to have your picture taken with the actual race car for a chance to win a clock.

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 02-05-2001).]

PeaceKitty
02-07-2001, 01:22 PM
First off WOOHOO i got my purecane Dr Pepper. YES YES FIXX! You are right! It is better! Its not as carbonated and its a tiny bit sweeter but in a good way! oh, damn..i just wish these things didn't cost so much. I'm definatly going to buy some more every now and then.

Drpep:ahh and here i was looking to join an fanclub to get a bunch of spiffy DP stuff *snaps fingers* Oh well, my search for free stuff goes onward.

Heeeey i wonder if i could digital manipulate a picture so that apears that i'm taking a picture w/ the car.... is that cheating?

As soon as i get my next paycheck i'm planning on getting a DP can that says "Dr Pepper University" w/ the old DP logo on it.

Thanks for the info i'll be sure to go to the store and look for it. Usually i buy my DP at my local wholesale store since its much much cheaper to buy alot of them all at once so i miss out on alot of promo stuff

dr pepperman
02-07-2001, 06:12 PM
How much cheaper at the wholesale joint? Not a week goes by where I live that at least 2 diiferent stores sell Dr Pepper (or any other soda) for at least 2 bucks cheaper than Sams. I never pay more than $2.99 for 12 pack cans and usually I can get 2 12 packs for $5.00. Use the 55cent off coupon found on the 12 packs several times a year and save more, especially if stores in your area double coupons. Wal-mart (GAG!!) always seems to be cheap.

PeaceKitty
02-07-2001, 07:46 PM
Its 4 sixpacks for about 4.50, and i shop at Priceclub/Costco/whatever the hell they call themselves now.

but than again...its CANS. so blah

Oh man i remember a time i could get a 2-liter for 30cents!! It was like a 1.19 or something but i have a coupon and this was ralphs and for about a month they had a "double coupon" think on Dr Pepper..hellll ya!

PeaceKitty
02-08-2001, 11:49 AM
Well damn..today is my B-day now isn't it?

dr pepperman
02-08-2001, 01:34 PM
Well you got me beat on price. Sams and BJs are always about 6.98 for 4 six pack cans.
I dont know ,is it you birthday?

sodasommelier
02-09-2001, 12:36 AM
Sometimes when it's being promo'd, Smart and Final has it for $4.99 per case with the Smart Advantage card. So if any movie stars are ordering canned Dr Pepper that's where I get it. And then any of those Armenian cash & carry warehouses has cheap prices all the time because they stock up during promos. All you have to say once you buy from them is "Shnorakalatyun".... (thank you in Armenian). Then they'll give you a preferred price. And this makes shopping great fun!!!!! Throw in some Lavash and Basturma and you've got a hearty meal!!!

------------------

bwtucker
02-19-2001, 04:26 PM
Tell me it ain't so soda, you buying soft drinks in cans!!
http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/frown.gif

PeaceKitty
02-22-2001, 11:31 AM
DPman: Yes, it was my B-day. Woohoo and all that jazz. I went out to lunch and they all ordered DP for drinks just for me *sniff* what a bunch of pals

bwtucker: yes yes i know evil evil evil, but you have to remember that DP is so great that evil the taint of the can can't make it that bad..hmmm DP.

If i don't buy it in can than i end up buying it at the last minute and that means i have to get it at the corner store which charges like 2 bucks for a 2 liter, what a rip off.

Ralph sell 'em for about 1-1.19 depending. Food-4-less is now selling them, suposedly on sale, for 1.98..ripppp offff.

boodoo
02-22-2001, 04:03 PM
PK, you've made me feel so ungreatful as I waltz down those long aisles chocked full of DP bottles and cans marked at ridulously low prices! How can I have been so blind.

dr pepperman
03-07-2001, 09:04 PM
Well lets see if I can bring a more exciting topic to the top instead of the whole Jones vs Sobe war.
I'll spout off about the Dr Pepper race team and the good year it is having so far. 3 races this year and more TV exposure than they have had the last 3 years combined. Good qualifying runs and some decent racing up in the front until a pit penalty in the first race and mechanical trouble in the third race.
Still waiting for Dr Pepper race team souveniers to become availible.I am buying lots of Dr P trying to win something in their contest. No luck yet. Oh well enough rambling, besides rambling is Peace Kitty's job.

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 03-07-2001).]

dr pepperman
03-09-2001, 07:09 PM
Going for six pages. Where are you Peace Kitty?

dlhancock
03-10-2001, 04:34 AM
When they rolled out Dr Pepper in one litre returnable bottles in my area back in the 70's, they were promoted for a long time at 15 cents! The bottles they were using were these funny teardrop shaped things just like 7UP was also using at the time. Both products were turned out by a GCC Bottling unit, which had long since acquired the Pepsi operations in parts of northern Georgia. Consider that at the time, the "standard" disposable bottle of Coke was 48 ounces for 47 cents.

bwtucker
03-11-2001, 09:23 PM
Hey, I purchased some of the Dublin Dr Pepper in the bottles and also some of the NuGrape also bottled with the pure cane sugar. To be honest I was not impressed with either one. I mean these two are my favorite drinks, however I could not notice much if any difference between these and what is bottled locally here with HFCS in glass bottles. You'll probally say I'm wrong but I don't think there is that much difference!!!!!!!
http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/frown.gif

------------------
NuGrape is my life!!!!

FitzgeraldHead
03-11-2001, 10:06 PM
"Rident Stolidi Verba Latina"~Ovid
Just helping to get six pages.

------------------

dr pepperman
03-12-2001, 11:04 AM
bwtucker, I agree with you. I could not tell the difference between reg Dr Pepper and Dublin Dr Pepper.

dr pepperman
03-13-2001, 09:24 PM
Wow! I just read this whole thread start to finish. I never did read the first two pages.

dr pepperman
03-15-2001, 05:46 PM
Dr Pepper is great. Need to make six pages!!

PeaceKitty
03-16-2001, 11:32 AM
boodoo:shhh shhh its ok its ok *chuckles* you have bee enlightened, enjoy access to your new found knowledge that you have really cheap Dr Pepper (damn you)

dr pepperman: *sighs* you know i spend all that time collecting the laps and the stupid cleaners from my work kept stealing them/throwing them away!!!! I complained but nothing happened, not i put them in my cabnit, but still i only have a couple laps now...damn them. They stoped selling the lap bottles at my school too, damn them too.

bwtucker:dude dude, how can you say that A)No aftertaste. I tried it ever which way and it didn't have the much denied aftertaste that Dr Pepper can get when it warns up. Its sweeter too, but not like more beat sugar or whatever they put in sodas these days, so it didn't taste funky.

I'm claiming your wrong, but than again we didn't order from the same place. All i can say is that -my- shipment of DP tasted different

dr pepperman:you..you never read the start of this thread?? tsk tsk tsk. SO how did you like it? Mostly my babbles about the page i never really ended up doing

Fixx
03-16-2001, 12:06 PM
Props to ya, PK for getting the good stuff. As far as "not much difference" between HFCS and pure cane DP, to that I must say that your taste buds must be fried from the HFCS. Because if you sip the cane sugar DP vs. the HFCS DP instead of downing it like water then you could the difference.

PK, you have the right analyzation of the cane sugar DP vs. HFCS.

------------------
Pure cane sugar sodas RULE!

Late.

PeaceKitty
03-16-2001, 05:04 PM
*steals the 200th post before anyone else can*

PeaceKitty
03-16-2001, 05:07 PM
Oh my...i am really blessed today aren't i?

What are the chances that the 200th post would be the start of the 6th page?? Woohoo i rule!!!

Fixx:ah well what can i say, i tasted a difference. I love it! .... I just can't afford to buy it again anytime soon. *shakes fist* its either pure can DP or being able to eat for a month...it was a hard choice but i picked the food

[This message has been edited by PeaceKitty (edited 03-16-2001).]

dr pepperman
03-16-2001, 06:16 PM
YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

dr pepperman
03-16-2001, 06:41 PM
PK, Yea I started reading the beginning when I found this board about a year and a half ago but to be honest your rambling distracted me. But now I appreciate them, and I'm glad I could help make this the largest post on the bevboard (except maybe the aspartame stuff which I never read. Who cares?).
The lap points on the 12 pack cans lasted less than a month here (NY State) but the 2liters and 20 ouncers are now trickling in. I got lucky, the week the 12packs came in with points was the week they were on sale for 2/$5. With a doubled 55cent coupon I was able to pick up 10 12 packs for $1.40 each and immediatly redeemed the lap points. Then more luck came my way when some of the kids (well teens) I work with found that with using the coupon from behind the label of the 2litre bottle they could buy it for 20 cents. So the little vultures started scarfing up bottle upon bottle, removing the coupon and paying their 20 cents. I immediatly grabbed a box cutter and removed all lap points thereby getting an additional 62 laps good for another car and shirt. Plus since NY has a bottle return law and I work in a grocery store I have access to returned bottles daily getting even more points as empties trickle in. Soon I'll have a shirt for every day. Wont that look stupid.

PeaceKitty
03-17-2001, 10:46 AM
Heh, don't worry my babble distracts me too. I type so much but when you get down to it i really didn't say anything at all. i can barely read my own posts but man...its so fun to babble!!

uh...thats...not...fair. You have help!! well sorta *sniffies* you wanna send me a lap or two right?

And since when did stupidity stop you from doing anything DP-related?? *chuckles* Go for it! wear a diffretent DP shirt every day for a week, see if anyone notices.

dr pepperman
03-17-2001, 09:35 PM
I meant it would be stupid to order 7 shirts thru the current Dr Pepper promotion. I actually do have enough differrent Dr P shirts to wear everyday of the week.

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 04-02-2001).]

dr pepperman
03-18-2001, 01:47 PM
Just testing my new signature line.

dr pepperman
03-18-2001, 01:48 PM
Whoops. Trying again.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4

dr pepperman
03-28-2001, 09:36 PM
To the top!

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!!!

dr pepperman
03-30-2001, 07:05 PM
Peace Kitty where are you?
Big race in Texas Saturday for the Dr Pepper race team. Home track for Dr P. The team ha either finished well or wrecked and finished at the bottom. No in betweens. I have a special Dublin bottle set aside to celebrate a win. Could happen later this year.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 04-02-2001).]

dr pepperman
04-04-2001, 06:51 PM
From ClockDial magazine spring/March 2000 issue, page 1 starting from the third paragraph of an article titled "1950 Bottle Crown Improved Trademarks Legibility, Caused Trademark Change"
Dr Pepper Company management decided in 1949 that the old script logo with its tail (Dr. Pepper, with Good For Life! on the tail) was just to busy for the small crown. Legibilty was crucial to sales, and they inititated a massive research and design program to find a logo that would read well on bottle crowns.
A modern sans serif typeface......scored well in consumer response tests. There was one problem. In typeface the Dr. in Dr. Pepper looked like a D, small i and colon (Di:).
Changing the Dr Pepper trademark wasn't part of management's original intention when they embarked on a search for a new logo,but thats what they agreed to do when they approved the typeface and its use for the crown logo. The period was dropped from the Dr and it has never been used again in the trademark.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 04-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 04-04-2001).]

FitzgeraldHead
04-07-2001, 11:40 PM
I went to the Beverage museum in Millersville, TN (just north of Nashville) ...outstanding!!! I especially enjoyed their RC/Nehi and Dr Pepper displays. I found a plate that actually said Dr. Pepper, so i guess you're right about that DP man.

------------------
Be free,Drink RC go to www.rccola.com (http://www.rccola.com) www.rcinternational.rccola.com (http://www.rcinternational.rccola.com) www.rcedge.com (http://www.rcedge.com) www.cheerwine.com (http://www.cheerwine.com) www.sundrop.com (http://www.sundrop.com)

dr pepperman
04-13-2001, 07:27 PM
Of course I am right. thats why I chose my name. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/tongue.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!!
Frosty Man, Frosty.

dr pepperman
04-13-2001, 07:28 PM
Of course I am right. Thats why I chose my name. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/tongue.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

PeaceKitty
04-16-2001, 03:24 PM
I knew why they took the dot out of Dr Pepper, but i was't quiet clear if the dot was ever in the new logo or not. Meaning was it on the market for a while before they finally decided to take out the dot, or did take it out during the designing stage??

And thanks for the offer on the lables, it warms my little caffeinated heart, but now I hide my lables now so the cleaning guys can't steal them anymore. So i'm getting up there again now. Getting those labels all by myself *flexes puny muscles*

As for not showing up here not as often, sorry about that. I'm not as delightfully amusing as i'd like to be *blames everything on work*

I am planing on gettin another order of the purecane stuff. Seriously, i think its much better. I savor my Dr Pepper which isn't always the greatest since normal DP doesn't take the best when it works up. PureCane taste fine whenever. I'm planning on trying hot Dr Pepper...but i still can't imagine it tasting that great, DP or no soda just wasn't made to be heated up!!

Oh a side note there i saw a Hot Dr Pepper (um..holder?) on E-bay a while back. Like a water jub w/ a spout on it but it keeps it warm http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

dr pepperman
04-20-2001, 07:08 PM
Hey PK, I found another taker for my extra lap points. Got my car today. It was last years,darnit, BUT a note inside said there were production troubles on this years car and it will be sent out when ready.What a deal 2 cars instead of one! Still waiting on the shirt.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

dr pepperman
04-20-2001, 07:10 PM
Hot Dr Pepper would be flat Dr Pepper. Yuck! What is a jub? http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/wink.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

dr pepperman
04-20-2001, 07:12 PM
Oh,about the dot,it was on the label when Dr Pepper first came out.
Jub jub. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/tongue.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

PeaceKitty
04-20-2001, 07:52 PM
er jug jug. I can't think and type at the same time, i have horrible typos because of that.

As for hot DP, yah i know, but it seemed to be a real big hit when my dad was a kid.

Yes i know Dr Pepper HAD a dot untill 1950, but when they changed the font did they ever have the dot in it, or was that all part of the redesign on the first go?

------------------
We're all here because we're not all there.

dr pepperman
04-21-2001, 09:10 PM
You do call yourself the queen of the typos.
The dot was supposed to be part of the redesign but it did not look like what they had invisioned(sp?) so they dropped it.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

dr pepperman
04-23-2001, 09:28 PM
Almost seven pages.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

dr pepperman
04-27-2001, 07:02 PM
Well allright, Bobby Hamilton Jr has put the Dr Pepper car on the pole for Saturdays Auto Club 300 Nascar Busch race in California.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

bwtucker
04-28-2001, 12:56 AM
I wonder if they will make a Diet Dr Pepper diecast car?

sodasommelier
04-28-2001, 01:32 AM
Do they still make Sugar Free Pepper Free? I once bought it in 8packs of refillable 16oz bottles at the Consumers Market in Springfield, Missouri.

------------------

Pepper
04-28-2001, 07:26 AM
Pepper Free? Gosh, they haven't carried that for quite a while. It's Diet Caffiene Free now. That and regular Caffiene Free is available in 20oz., 2 Liter, and 12 Packs in Texas.

dr pepperman
04-28-2001, 09:06 PM
There has been a Diet car made the last two years. This year The Diet car ran at Daytona and I thought,according to Dr Pepper's web site at last months Nasville race. The person who was supposed to drive it ended up in another car, maybe it will run somewhere else like the night races where the car had run in previous years. So far no 2001 Dr Pepper racing merchandise is for sale. Dr Pepper did not even have any for this years promo, they had to send last years.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

dr pepperman
04-30-2001, 07:24 PM
Dr Pepper is so great! I just love it! It is the king of beverages. What a wonderful drink! Its my life! Irritated yet SodaLover,I mean Ron?

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 04-30-2001).]

sodasommelier
05-01-2001, 12:22 AM
Hey, any SodaLover has got to love Dr Pepper, if it's in glass bottles and made with delicious cane sugar!

Speaking of all of the Pepper Type imitations, I really think that "Doctor Whatever" from the Journey natural soda company is really good! It's kind of like a brewed form of Dr Pepper might be.

Too bad about the Sugar Free Pepper Free not being around in 16oz refillable bottles anymore! That was pretty good stuff, and it really helped out my bottle cap collection; glad I bought it when I had the chance!

------------------

PeaceKitty
05-09-2001, 01:33 PM
I've never had caffeine-free DP, and that sorta seems a little bit blashphemous, blah.

Nor have i ever heard about, or tasted "Doctor Whatever" Although i really do like that name.

Purecane DP has, by far, got to be the best DP around. Chilled, luke warm, hate, its great.

------------------

PeaceKitty
05-15-2001, 01:02 PM
The Dr Pepper FAQ has been updated http://www.pipeline.com/~chrisf/dpfaq.html
Everyone once again go down on one knee and thank Chris for actually taking time to make a big-ass FAQ about Dr Pepper.

------------------

dr pepperman
06-06-2001, 10:45 AM
Don't want this to get lost.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 06-06-2001).]

dr pepperman
06-15-2001, 06:31 PM
Going for 7 pages.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.

PeaceKitty
06-15-2001, 06:34 PM
I've been so bad and very unspiffy. I havent' visited this forum forever and my Dr Pepper drinking quota is down by alarming amounts, ek.

I got some misc DP crap off ebay still, one being dr pepper baby bottle. I dunno why i bought the thing but the idea of me having kids and using a Dr Pepper baby bottle way enough to make me start giggling like a schoolgirl.

Nothing much new with me, working working working. I sometimes bring a 6 pack of DP to work but usually people take one or two so it doesn't last long, bah.

dr pepperman
07-02-2001, 09:26 PM
I've been drinking Dr Pepper out of 12oz longneck glass bottles lately. I found them in Myrtle Beach,SC. The label says made with corn syrup or sugar. I think they are using sugar because it has a slightly different taste than the common can/plastic containers. Even the 8oz bottles I am drinking do not taste this way.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.

xJABBERWOCKx
07-15-2001, 03:58 PM
Ahh, memories. I remember insulting this very forum and Dr Pepper when I was a wee freshman, and now I'm going into my senior year. Times change, people change, but Dr Pepper will always taste like watered down sewage (not that I have a problem if you guys like it. This is just me http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

puck
07-15-2001, 07:51 PM
I'm drinking a cold refreshing 8oz Dublin DrPepper as I type. Yum! Cane sugar is the best, corn syrup sucks.

sodasommelier
07-15-2001, 08:28 PM
On that subject, Puck... I wholeheartedly agree with you! Did you try the Delaware Punch as well? I love Delaware Punch; it's the only non-carbonated drink on the market which I really enjoy; used to drink it as a kid until I found a source for it again a few years ago!! There's no caffeine in Delaware Punch but it's got a unique and delicious taste!

------------------

puck
07-15-2001, 08:41 PM
I did try it - and afri-cola, and manhattan express, and cherry-lime rickey whoopee. All were delicious except manhattan express, which took the 'a' train down the drain. I wouldn't rod out my radiator with that stuff for fear it would damage it.

dr pepperman
07-16-2001, 08:29 PM
"Watered down sewage". I believe David Letterman used farm manure runoff to describe Dr Pepper. Caused a lot of trouble with CBS higher ups. That show will never air again.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.

sodasommelier
07-17-2001, 12:27 AM
Hey, would that CBS be the same as CadBurySchweppes??? http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

Puck, the crowd that likes Manhattan Special is narrow but you'd be surprised... some people really love it and go through great lengths to get it. But my wife doesn't like it either; she's from Brazil and drinks espresso but not Manhattan Special. How about the Afri... the bottle like that is sold in Austria as well. The only thing is that the painted information on it there is completely in German and most of the bottles are only 0,2L but the shape is identical. Wow, and the Whooppee... I really like that as well. Well, what can I say... great sodas are fun. One of the best things is always having different ones. I only have a handfull that I drink on a regular basis; the rest I have one here and there whenever I'm in the mood.

The killer is... that Galco does not sell the Puck Nectars!! Well, he's got his quirks! But I'm glad you have generally liked what you tried. Five out of Six is pretty good! http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

------------------

xJABBERWOCKx
07-17-2001, 05:25 PM
hehe...oh, that Letterman. I didn't get that from him, though. This is just my opinion, though..

xJABBERWOCKx
07-17-2001, 05:27 PM
I made this thing 7 pages long?
NOOOOOO!!!!

dr pepperman
07-17-2001, 08:10 PM
YESSSS!!!!!!! http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.

Fixx
07-18-2001, 12:13 PM
See what I started with the pure cane sugar post on Dr Pepper?? Now more people are trying it and HOPEFULLY the soda companies will come out with a cane sugar soda sometime soon. In limited production, it works too!

Later.

dr pepperman
07-20-2001, 05:56 PM
OK xJABBERWOCKx here is a little story from Conan Obrien's show last night (7-19).
A man was arrested for peeing in his bosses's bottle of Mtn Dew. The man was later released when police found he did not pee in the bottle, Mtn Dew always tastes that way. Audience laughs ,then Conan makes a comment about wheter or not Dew is a sponsor and says he was just kidding "of all the uriney (sp?) drinks Mtn Dew was the best".

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.

xJABBERWOCKx
07-26-2001, 03:23 PM
that's absurd, and most likely an urban legend/joke for the show. Mountain Dew does not taste like urine. It kinda looks like it and is nasty when warm and flat, but any fool can make the distinction between piss and a frosty, delicious citrus soda. Maybe it was diet mountain dew...hehe..

dr pepperman
07-26-2001, 04:24 PM
Well yes it was a joke, the second part. but the part about the man peeing in his bosses soda is true.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.

dr pepperman
09-07-2001, 06:53 PM
PEACEKITTY, WHERE ARE YOU??????

A top 10 finish for the #26 Dr Pepper race team last weekend!!!!!!

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.

PeaceKitty
09-07-2001, 07:16 PM
www.alldrpepper.com (http://www.alldrpepper.com)

Though i've never managed to actually get that fan site up i did however register alldrpepper.com i dunno if i ever told you peeks that

hi, hello. Yes i realize that my presence here has been lacking to say the least. Just busy with work and school and life in general.

Woohoo for the Dr Pepper Racing team.

------------------

Fixx
10-30-2001, 11:31 PM
Just an FYI and something to PK for her horror.

I witnessed today, a Coke rep selling an independent retailer Mr Pibb on fountain in replace of Dr Pepper. The rep told the retailer that if anyone complains about not having Dr Pepper then they will probably buy either Cherry Coke or Coke Classic.

Thought it was interesting.

Later.