PDA

View Full Version : Dr Pepper bottles

Blue Efficacy
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Around here Dr Pepper 20oz come in the standard boring "swirl" bottle used for all Pepsi products.
However I seem to recall seeing it in a much more attractive "angle" bottle elsewhere.
Is this done where Coke makes Dr Pepper? I have heard rumors that Coke Dr Pepper is better tasting, too...
What if a CS bottler makes Dr Pepper, do they use the "splash" bottle?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
Around here Dr Pepper 20oz come in the standard boring "swirl" bottle used for all Pepsi products.
However I seem to recall seeing it in a much more attractive "angle" bottle elsewhere.
Is this done where Coke makes Dr Pepper? I have heard rumors that Coke Dr Pepper is better tasting, too...
What if a CS bottler makes Dr Pepper, do they use the "splash" bottle? Here in Mexico, Dr. Pepper tastes great and equal as the american one... but the bottle is even more boring and here the new label haven't arrived yet... what I wonder is if now Dr. Pepper has the new bottle with the DP inside the oval like the one in the website...

BTW... I'm listening right now Cities 97 from your city... Great station! :D

[ 12-19-2006, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Blue Efficacy
12-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Cities 97 is indeed a Twin Cities radio gem!

jblaviback
12-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Cities 97 is not that great, then again it's just not really my style of music.

Ramon it's werid that you happen to be listening to a local station from my city as well.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
Cities 97 is not that great, then again it's just not really my style of music.

Ramon it's werid that you happen to be listening to a local station from my city as well. One day I was searching for american radio stations with live streaming and I found Cities 97, and I love it because here I can listen all my favorite bands and singers: Dave Matthews Band, Sting, U2, Train, Goo Goo Dolls, David Gray, Keane, John Mayer, Jack Johnson ... and new bands and singers that are becoming my favorites by hearing them on Cities 97: Death Cab for Cutie, Amos Lee, The Fray, Gomez, Augustana, Matt Kearney, etc.

And this great music unfortunately I can't hear it in the radio stations from here... :(

rackitup
12-20-2006, 12:42 AM
What if a CS bottler makes Dr Pepper, do they use the "splash" bottle? I noticed in Portland OR. Pepsi bottles Dr P in 20 oz. swirl bottles too.

I saw the angle bottle in LA the other day and wondered the same thing as you.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
12-20-2006, 01:19 AM
What if a CS bottler makes Dr Pepper, do they use the "splash" bottle? you are right on all of that, but i dont know if Coke bottled dr pepper tastes better, as i have not had any. and CS bottlers used to run the "splash" bottles on dr pepper, but now they use the ones you can see on the dr pepper website, that more closely resemble angle bottles, but not fully, and have round "dp" logos imprinted on them.

SamC
12-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Where Pepsi bottles the product, they just put it in a Pepsi bottle, like every other product.

Where Coke bottles the product, they use the official "Dr Pepper bottle" which is a replica of what Dr Pepper came in when bottles were glass returnables.

Where a third tier bottler bottles the product they use whatever they use. I have seen various generic bottles for third tier products.

And, IMHO, third tier and Coke bottled Pepsi does taste better. Pepsi bottlers have never cared about quality control.

Mr Zabe
12-22-2006, 08:28 AM
My two cents. By me DrP is bottled by the local CS bottler. Their 500ml bottle is round on the bottom and top with a design type relief pattern. The body of the bottle is slightly narrower and round with a lable. I like this bottle as it appears to cool down faster and is easy to hold.

mofizz
12-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by SamC:
Pepsi bottlers have never cared about quality control. I don't know about that! Pepsi and Coke bottlers strive for the highest quality standards and must meet very high standards as well. It would be the CS bottlers I would worry about in regard to quality control.

Mr Zabe
12-22-2006, 11:10 AM
mofizz,
I agree with you. As a matter of fact,IMO both Coca Cola and Pepsi have vastly improved their quality control and customer service.

[ 12-22-2006, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Blue Efficacy
12-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Where Pepsi bottles the product, they just put it in a Pepsi bottle, like every other product.

Where Coke bottles the product, they use the official "Dr Pepper bottle" which is a replica of what Dr Pepper came in when bottles were glass returnables.

Where a third tier bottler bottles the product they use whatever they use. I have seen various generic bottles for third tier products.

And, IMHO, third tier and Coke bottled Pepsi does taste better. Pepsi bottlers have never cared about quality control. To be fair, Coke does actually have several different bottles for its products, so it is easier for them to throw another one for DP in the mix.

Thats one of the reasons Coke is a better company. They don't throw every single product in the same lame bottle.

fusion
12-22-2006, 11:10 PM
And, IMHO, third tier and Coke bottled Pepsi does taste better. Pepsi bottlers have never cared about quality control. Coke bottled Pepsi?

fusion
12-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Coke does put Dr Pepper in angle bottles. I've seen 12oz, 13.2oz, 16.9oz, 24oz and 1L angle bottles (though some bottlers use the short fat bottles for 1L). Coke also puts Canada Dry and Schweppes (where bottled) in angle bottles in all bottle packages other than 2L (except 1L, which is also sometimes in the short fat bottle).

Seagram's also used to come in angle bottles, but after Coke bought the mixer line, they switched it to the bolt bottle.

I also remember Country Time Lemonade in angle bottles when Coke NY produced it. And DPSUBG also uses angle bottles in some areas - I remember seeing angle A&W when I was in Arkansas - it was coming from Texas.

Blue Efficacy
12-23-2006, 07:59 PM
I've never seen any schweppes, canada dry or seagram's ginger ale in any other form than 12 pack cans or 2l bottle!

fusion
12-23-2006, 09:28 PM
I've seen Coke-bottled Canada Dry in 1L angle, 16.9oz 6pk, 8pz 12oz in eastern Ohio from CCE.

Coke bottled Schweppes is available in the Atlanta area, as well as Cleveland TN. I've seen 8oz cans from them. Don't recall seeing 8pk 12oz or 16.9oz 6pks, though. 1L angle also spotted.

Sometimes CCE will get 1L from ABARTA, and they use the short fat bottles.

In the Mid-Atlantic, we sell Seagram's in 16.9oz 6pks and sometimes 8oz cans.

What's interesting is that in eastern Ohio, Pepsi has Seagrams (Pepsi Americas). They even make it in cubes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/1013061329.jpg