PDA

View Full Version : Coke,Pepsi,RC products and regional availablity

mogrady1
01-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Anyone that can tell me some of the unfamiliar or old Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or RC products that are still sold and where there sold?

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: mogrady1 ]

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: mogrady1 ]</p>

boodoo
01-07-2002, 09:45 AM
There is plenty of old fruitopia & fruitworks in my market. Oh wait a minute, maybe you meant nostalgic brands.

SURGE
01-07-2002, 07:02 PM
the way that junk sells it already is collectable ;)

Coke II in chicago, Tab here and around, Fanta, RC i cant say they seem to be always changing what they sell 'round here. Pepsi sell that Sierra Mist stuff, LAME. Oh well hope that helped.

-Avery

sodasommelier
01-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Here in LA there is still Tab (only in cans) because of the many diabetic movie stars who got famous before Diet Coke came out in 1982; who have been telling their personal assistants to go out and buy Tab for the last 25 years. I'd actually think it cool to be able to get the Tab in the glass refillable bottle with the little yellow stars all over; that was a really cool package even if the drink was a bit difficult to stomach!

boodoo
01-14-2002, 09:18 AM
Hey SS,

I still have a Tab in the returnable 12oz glass bottle with the cool "texture" on the bottle. I also have a set of the hour-glass shaped Tab glasses that were used for many of the old promotions! Pretty cool if I say so myself.

Now if only I could find a glass bottle Fresca with cyclomates.....

sodasommelier
01-14-2002, 10:52 AM
Very cool! I have a 290ml returnable Tab bottle (full) from Uruguay with that textured design. I have an old Fresca bottle (empty) and wrapped around under "FRESCA" it says "IMITATION CITRUS FLAVORED DIETARY ARTIFICIALLY SWEETENED CARBONATED BEVERAGE". MMMMMM!!! I've also got a set of those Tab glasses.

MMMMMMM... Cyclamates!!!

xlogold
02-11-2002, 11:43 AM
I went to New Hampshire and saw Mello Yello in 12 pack cans, Fresca in cans and 2 liter bottles,
Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper in 2 liter bottles.

IBC Root Beer in 32oz. glass bottles.

I don't seem to find single cans for sale in stores anymore...They replaced them with 16 or 20oz. bottles.

xlogold
02-11-2002, 12:12 PM
There were some cases of Coke II in 24 pack cans at a local supermarket in Huntington, VT, Mello Yello was in 12 pack cans, Citra was very hard to find and when i did see Citra it was in 2 liter bottles. Diet Coke with Lemon was stocked in every supermarket, Did not see Fanta anywhere in either NH or VT.

Pepsi One was only sold in 12 pack cans and 2 liter bottles. Pepsi Twist was everywhere but it looked like diet Pepsi Twist is not as big of a sale as regular Pepsi Twist but it seems to have more sales than the Diet Coke with Lemon.

IBC root beer was in several flavors. Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper was very hard to find but was sold.

Like i said before i don't seem to find single cans for sale in stores anymore...They replaced them with 16 or 20oz. bottles.

ChrisPC
02-14-2002, 06:01 PM
Tab, Diet and Caffeine Free Dr Pepper, Diet Barq's, NuGrape, Nehi, Fresca, Diet Rite, Faygo, Red Rock, and Community Iced Tea and Diet Iced Tea are still sold here in MS.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: ChrisPC ]</p>

xlogold
03-18-2002, 12:41 PM
Is Red Rock like Big Red soda?

These are 2 new Coca-Cola beverages that will be comming out in the next few weeks...
Minute Maid Pink Lemonade, and a Vanilla Coke.

Cokeologist
03-19-2002, 09:04 AM
Where and when is Vanilla Coke coming out? What is the source of this information?

Fixx
03-19-2002, 09:31 AM
Caffeine Free Dr Pepper as well as CF Diet Dr Pepper can be bought in Dallas, Austin, Houston, & San Antonio in 12packs and 6packs.

That is, unless it has changed in the last 6 months or so.

Just a quick FYI

Later.

xlogold
03-19-2002, 01:28 PM
The Coca-Cola person that fills the machine mentioned it. At first i thought it was a Coca-Cola product that was just a vanilla flavor but it sounds like it's going to be a Vanilla flavored Coke.

Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper and Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper is not sold here. I did see Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper in 2 liter bottles in NH however.

xlogold
03-22-2002, 04:58 AM
Does anybody know if Ramblin' Root Beer is still sold? I know Coca-Cola makes the syrup for it still.

PhillyCoke
03-24-2002, 06:23 PM
Speaking of Fruitopia, Coke has finally realized that most of the stuff just doesn't taste that good. So it's being "reformulated" and relaunched, with new flavors and new packages.

Only Strawberry, Fruit, and Kiwiberry will survive this transition. (I was always partial to Grape, oh well).

New flavors include Peach, Orange and Cherry/Vanilla.

xlogold
03-27-2002, 12:28 AM
Just found out Ramblin' Root Beer is still bottled at the Mattoon, IL Coca-Cola bottling plant.

mogrady1
03-29-2002, 02:14 PM
The vanilla Coke is something we will be distributing in April.
Citra is now only sold in 2 liter bottles here.
Fresca 12 pack cans, and 2 liter bottles.
Minute Maid Lemonade, and Pink Lemonade now available!
Fanta now sold in 2 liter bottles the flavors are orange,grape,strawberry,pineapple.

Cokeologist
04-01-2002, 09:31 AM
Where is the Vanilla Coke being distributed in April? Is this just a test market or is it the first of a national rollout?

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Coke oddities/newbies in the metro detroit area:
caffeine free diet coke (20oz)
caffeine free coke (20oz)
diet sprite (20oz)
squirt/ruby red squirt (2L/20oz/12pk can)
squirt (1L)
diet squirt {2L/12pk can)
no diet ruby red squirt
no caffeine free dr pepper/diet dr pepper
dr pepper is in 1L
diet dr pepper is now in 20oz
schweppes ginger ale is now in 20oz
we have schweppes tonic/diet tonic/club soda/g.a. and once in a very long while you see the raspberry flavored.
we still have minute maid orange/strawberry/grape
mello yello is around in 12pk can/20oz, maybe 2L
fresca is in 2L/12pk can
barq's french vanilla creme soda just came out in 2L/20oz
diet cherry coke is 2L/12pk can
cherry coke is 2L/12pk can/20oz

8oz bottles: coke, diet coke, sprite, barq's, now dr pepper

all of our 20oz are loose cases, as CCE-Michigan decided it would be good to screw the consumer and sell 6pks of 1/2L. they did have 8pks of 1/2L but decided that it was better to sell the 6pks at an increased price, so they could take the two bottles that they saved and jam them up our...

pepsi carries following oddities
vernor's/diet vernor's ginger ale
used to carry a&w root beer

7UP (american bottling, northlake, ill)
now makes 8pks of 1/2 liters in this jacked up cardboard packaging
carries a&w, and when they started carrying a&w, they got rid of hire's root beer
big red cream soda
kick (hardly ever see it)
rc/rc extreme
no diet rc/cherry rc
sunkist in orange/strawberry/grape/maybe a fruit punch, not sure
canada dry ginger ale/tonic/diet tonic/club soda/tonic w lime
hawaiian punch/country time/sunny d

now, what's more strange is how it changes over the rest of the state.

in brighton, mi. i saw fanta instead of minute maid. 20oz/2L of orange, grape, strawberry, pineapple

in east lansing, coke does not carry dr pepper, squirt (7UP/american bottling) does. but more interestingly, coke does not carry citra or mr pibb! arethey just ceding the market?

pepsi still carries the vernors g.a., but 7UP doesn't carry the canada dry g.a., for there is an independent Canada Dry Bottling Co. of East Lansing. they get their canada dry from abarta, whatever the hell that is.

in the rest of the state, 7UP carries dr pepper (caffeine free diet too!) and squirt (with diet ruby red too! and both diets in 20oz), coke usually carries mr pibb and citra and nothing else fun. pepsi is blah. so that's michigan in a minute...

several questions should arise out of this: what is abarta? how big is american bottling? when american was formed, it bought out several companies, including brooks beverage co out of holland michigan, which i remember seeing bottles as far as tennesee. anyway, the 2L shells we get now in michigan range from a blue rc cola shell from tennsee or ky. to a red dr pepper bottling group one from texas to the cotton club bottling co, 7UP st. louis and the kemmerer bottling co. where were these and what were they/did they consist of? lot's of questions from a rambling, inquisitive mind...

tom in michigan

ChrisPC
04-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Pibb Xtra is not available in south MS, (except at a few restaurants) but it has started appearing in the northern part of the state, I think it's coming out of Memphis. BTW, Pibb was huge here in the '70s and '80s, but disappeared a few years ago.

xlogold
04-02-2002, 01:53 AM
The only Minute Maid soda flavors here are orange, diet orange, and grape. The other flavors seemed to have vanished the past few years. Same with the slice flavors. I also found out Coke and Pepsi are still sold in 3 liter bottles in some states.

FitzgeraldHead
04-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Someone asked about Red Rock... it's a cola, and not a very good one at that, but has no relation to Big Red as far as I know.

datruth
04-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Rde Rock has cola and ginger ale.

I really like the ginger ale, it will burn you a little.

xlogold
04-22-2002, 05:01 AM
On the CSDA (Canadian Soda Drink Associatiopn) (http://www.softdrink.ca/sdibrane.htm) there are many brands and flavors that may or may not be sold here.

xlogold
04-23-2002, 11:20 PM
The only Minute Maid soda flavors that are sold in my area are.... Orange, diet Orange, and Grape.
Are there any other flavors still being produced?

jericho
04-27-2002, 08:57 PM
I bought some Strawberry Minute Made Soda a few weeks ago.

mogrady1
06-01-2002, 09:01 PM
Update on Coca-Cola products that are bottled in CT.

Vanilla Coke 20oz. bottle.
Fresca 12oz. cans, 20oz. bottles, 2 liter bottles.
16oz. Coca-Cola classic cans now available.

PhillyCoke
06-02-2002, 01:05 AM
Strawberry MM... Blech. The only MM flavor worse than that was Pineapple.

I've also had Peach, Orange, Diet Orange, Grape, Fruit Punch (both carbonated and non-carbonated.. but before this new 3% juice stuff), and black cherry.

But the whole MM soda line is being discontinued, and replaced with a line of 3% juice added sodas.

Replying to old posts, lol.

Abarta is a big company. They have media holdings, energy holdings, and coca-cola bottling. Coatesville and Lehigh in Pennsylvania, Buffalo in New York, and Cleveland in Ohio... Their HQ is in Pittsburgh.

The Lehigh and Coatesville facilities serve small populations, mostly. Allentown being the largest city they serve. They produce product in Bethlehem PA, and also buy product from surrounding bottlers.

xlogold
06-03-2002, 06:33 AM
Fresca is now in 20oz here too as well as 12pack cans, and 2 liter bottles.

From what I noticed Citra is no longer being bottled here anymore.

Mello Yello is still not bottled here.

xlogold
06-03-2002, 06:34 AM
Well it's official Chicago,IL. and Portage, IN. have stopped bottling Coke II.
Production of cans ended late 2001 and production of 2 liter bottles ended early 2002.

According to the Coca-Cola website Coke II is still in there line of products.
A Coca-Cola representative in Atlanta mentioned the syrup still being produced and
was recently sent to San Carlos, CA., and Portland, OR.

Hacksaw
06-03-2002, 08:23 PM
I see Tab & Fresca from time to time around here. Yet Coke is weak on pushing Fanta. :confused:

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-04-2002, 02:15 AM
Hey all,

Coke CCE in Detroit is now producing Diet Caffeine Free Dr Pepper in 12pk cans, or at least, that's all that I have seen so far.

According to my 7Up salesman, 7Up should have full control of Dr Pepper and Squirt in under 3 years in all of Michigan. Right now, in selected areas like I said above, it is in different hands.

Another funny story about shells, like I always complain about. The 7Up drivers are (in there opinion) underpaid and thus they don't sort through the shells anymore, because there are about 10 varieties of 2L shells. Since we don't charge deposit for shells anymore, stores are also throwing them out. One Meijer's manager, who was so upset with the driver not picking them up apparently threw five pallets of shells (from all over the country! I can't believe it!) in a compactor in front of the salesman.

Coke is switching shells finally to that small, jagged shell. They produced some that mimicked the Pepsi shells but those were apparently two expensive (quoted price: $1.50) according to my Coke driver. He also spurted some nonsense about how Coke was going to diverge of the Schweppes line soon in Michigan and pick up the Canada Dry line. Why? I don't know...

anyway, here's my name:
tom

MISTICman
06-04-2002, 04:00 AM
Well...things are weird here in central NC:
Coke:
Coke, Diet Coke, Caffiene free forms (all sizes)
Cherry Coke (cans only)
Vanilla Coke (20 oz singles only)
Tab (12pk cans and 6pk 20 oz only)
Fresca (cans only)
Minute Maid Orange (2L only)
Fanta Grape Strawberry Orange (all sizes)
Fanta Pineapple (cans and 20 oz. only)
Pibb Xtra (all sizes)
Minute Made Lemonade (cans and 20 oz. only)
Minute Maid Fruit Punch (20 oz. only)
Seagrams Ginger Ale (all sizes)
Fruitopia (20 oz. only)
and what REALLY TICKS ME OFF!!!
Surge and Barq's in fountains ONLY

Pepsi:
Pepsi, Diet, Caffeine Free of both and Twists (all sizes)
Mountain Dew, Diet, Caff. Free of both, and Code Red (all sizes)
Hawaiian Punch (all sizes)
Dr. Pepper, Diet, and Caff. Free of regular (all sizes)
7Up, Diet, Caff. Free of both and Cherry (all sizes)
Nugrape (all sizes)
Mug (all sizes)
Fruit Works (20 oz. and 20 oz. 4 pks.)

I want my Barq's!

PhillyCoke
06-05-2002, 02:35 AM
Funny that the driver would say Coke is dropping Schweppes for Canada Dry.. Since Coke USA just recently announced they bought the Seagram's line from Diaego/Pernod Ricard.

Who has the rights to Canada Dry now?

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-16-2002, 06:49 PM
Canada Dry and Schweppes are Dr Pepper/7Up products which means they are owned by Cadburry Schweppes.

Can we get a definitive on where Coke II is being produced from anyone?

The same with glass 16oz/12oz bottles, is there any definitive answer to where these are being produced? I know they aren't in Escanaba, MI anymore.

Everyone up there forgot Coke's Red Flash, or did we just choose to forget?

Tom

xlogold
06-16-2002, 08:08 PM
Heard of it but do not know where that is made, i'm assuming the south.

We do have Vanilla Coke in cans and 2 liter bottles now.

PhillyCoke
06-16-2002, 10:03 PM
I know who owns schweppes and c. dry.. I was wondering who had the bottling rights in his area.

Red Flash? The only place I have seen it on the east cost was in Florida at an Albertson's.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-17-2002, 01:36 AM
Red Flash is a "Big Lots" Big Red Creme Soda. Apparently it is only produced in areas where Barq's Red Creme Soda isn't made. Why would Coke have both Barq's and a new product, Red Flash? Both are bad and I'm sure hardly sell.

Tom

bigrich
06-17-2002, 10:51 AM
Barq's Red Creme is very good and sold by CCE in all it's Tri-States division. Also, Red Flash is sold by CCE Tri-States in the Louisville and Southern Indiana areas. It is also sold by CCE in Evansville, IN. Also, Independant- Columbus Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Columbus, IN sells Red Flash. Red Flash is not as good as Big Red. In the Louisville & Evansville area Big Red is the #2 selling softdrink right behind Coca-Cola. What I would like to know is where is Citra? It has never been sold in Indianapolis, and seems to have disappeared from the rest of CCE Tri-States.

xlogold
06-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Barq's Red Creme soda is not sold in RI, neither is Barq's Creme Soda, just Barq's Root Beer and diet Barq's Root Beer.

karks88
06-17-2002, 03:09 PM
bigrich, Citra is sold here in PA, but now I can only find it in 12 packs in a few different stores. I'm kind of surprised that it never reached your area, but I don't think it's going to last much longer :(

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-17-2002, 09:43 PM
So Citra's dying eh? Well that's okay. Honestly, It's not that good, and KO has survived before without there own entry into every concievable beverage category.

We sure did get some Barq's Red Creme supporters out there recently. In MI we have red/diet root beer and then the Vanilla Creme Soda.

How's Diet Coke with Lemon and the whole Pepsi/Diet Pepsi Twist working for people?

Tom

xlogold
06-20-2002, 07:09 PM
I like Pepsi's version better.

Diet Coke itself just tastes way too strong and very sweet. If I had to drink diet I would drink Diet Pepsi.

Shatter
06-22-2002, 02:41 AM
I found Barq's Red Cream and French Vanilla Cream Sodas around Lafayette, Louisiana. In Baton Rouge, I found Barq's Root Beer in glass 6-packs. Dr. Pepper makes Big Red and Big Peach, and in Louisiana they also have Big Punch, which i'd never seen before. I also found other Coke drinks not found around Dallas, like Deleware Punch and several Nehi flavors like Blue Nehi, Peach, Grape, etc. They also had Minute Maid Pineapple, and Fanta flavors like Strawberry and Grape, which we don't have in Dallas either.

drpep
06-22-2002, 06:17 PM
Here in NY we have Pepsi and Coke in plastic and cans :( ;) :rolleyes:

xlogold
06-30-2002, 02:41 PM
Still no new Minute Maid flavors here yet.

[ 06-30-2002, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: xlogold ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-30-2002, 07:26 PM
Anyone know of an old Minute Maid Lemon-Lime flavor? I recall it being sold in the 1980s in Colorado, sepcifically around Breckenridge, CO. IT was in the old Black can with green highlights. Any ideas?

Tom

xlogold
06-30-2002, 10:09 PM
I know what your talking about, there was a diet version too and the can was green with red writing. Minute Maid Lemon-Lime and diet Minute Maid Lemon-Lime are sold in Canada.

It was sold in the US around 1987, I don't think it lasted any longer than 2 years here.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Xlogold - do you knwo where exactly Minute Maid Lemon Lime is sold? It (and a bad steve winwood song) are my only memories of a good family vacation! smile.gif

Tom

xlogold
07-05-2002, 10:15 PM
I came across it somewhere in Winnipeg, I'm sure it's widely available in Canada.

They have a lot of Minute Maid flavors in Canada that they don't have here.

mogrady1
07-15-2002, 02:20 PM
there are no new Minute Maid fruit soda's being produced here yet.

these are flavor extensions not replacements.

i think if we did bottle the new Minute Maid fruit soda flavors it will replace the previous ones.

boilermaker
07-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
Red Flash is a "Big Lots" Big Red Creme Soda. Apparently it is only produced in areas where Barq's Red Creme Soda isn't made. Why would Coke have both Barq's and a new product, Red Flash? Both are bad and I'm sure hardly sell.

TomFound Red Flash at a C-Store near my office. They probably got a good deal on it, as the expiration date is 9/2/2002. Tastes like Barq's Red Cream Soda.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-22-2002, 09:09 PM
Just found Minute Maid Fruit Soda. Tried Valencia Orange. Nothing special.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Pepsi Detroit now makes 24oz bottles in Vernors, Code Red and other non traditional flavors. Guys, are these bottles really that profitable/successful?

Also Diet Code Red is plentiful EVERYWHERE. Gave me the runs, i won't touch the ****.

xlogold
07-27-2002, 12:19 AM
I like the 24oz. 6 packs because there the same price as Coke's 16oz. 6 packs and there is soda.

Diet Mountain Dew Code Red is not available in RI yet. I'm not sure if there are any plans on selling it here either.

fusion
07-27-2002, 10:53 PM
24oz can't be that profitible. I think it's Pepsi's volume package, rather than profit package. I mean, you get the same oz of soda that's in a 12 pack, but the retail is usually never even close to that of a 12 pack. Hell, even super wally sells them for 2/$5 every day.

xlogold
07-31-2002, 11:16 AM
Well either way you look at it the Pepsi 24oz. 6 packs are still the same price as the Coke 16oz. 6 packs.

xlogold
07-31-2002, 11:19 AM
Vanilla Coke is in the following sizes here

12oz. cans, 20oz. plastic bottles, 2 liter bottles.

There also available in 24 12oz. can packs too!

So now the following is available in 24 pack cans...

Coca-Cola classic
diet Coke
Caffeine Free diet Coke
Vanilla Coke
Sprite

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-31-2002, 09:28 PM
Coke CCE-Detroit just got in their 1L Vanilla Coke.

Also, American/7Up in Michigan outside of the Metro Detroit Area (where CCE has DP/Squirt) released Red Fusion in 20oz/cans/2L. I did not see any half liter six packs (yes, they switched from 8packs to six packs!) or 6pack cans.

Meanwhile, Pepsi Blue just kinda seems to sit at the stores I visit.

Canada Dry has changed their logo on there GA and Tonic line. No word yet on their seltzer line as it appears to be the same. I think the Tonic W/Lime is too similar (the green is very very light) to the regular Tonic. Better graphics overall.

Finally found some Hanks and Switch the other day. They were so expensive that I am going through them very slowly.

Anyway, that's all for me. Enough anyway.

mogrady1
08-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Fridge Packs not being produced in CT yet.

steveu
08-20-2002, 06:29 PM
In Huntsville, Ala., Dr. Pepper is with the Coke products and there is no Dr. Pipp/Pibb Xtra (second fave product). My new fave product, Mr. Green (Sobe) can be found in all convenience stores (even found in machine).

In Atlanta, Dr. Pepper is with Pepsi, Pibb Xtra is everywhere and Mr. Green can't be found...

frustrating

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-02-2002, 03:14 PM
cce-detroit finally released red fusion across the metro detroit area to, well, no fanfare at all.

meanwhile, 7up/american, has switched from 8-pack half liters to 6pack half liters, screwing over the customer more and more.

faygo has a new flavor out, ohana raspberry lemonade.

i've seen the green hawaiin punch around in stores but i have no idea how well it is selling, anyone?

steveu
09-02-2002, 03:17 PM
I don't know to answer you, but Huntsville is jammed with all the crazy Faygo flavors. How we are a market for this Detroit-based company, I don't know. They're all 24-oz. bottles for 69 cents, which is a pretty good deal. Since I stick with ol caffeine and cola-type stuff, I haven't tried any of them.

karks88
09-02-2002, 03:39 PM
I'm interested in that green Hawaiin Punch myself, haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

xlogold
09-05-2002, 08:14 AM
Minute Maid Valencia Orange is finally available in RI.

As far as taste I give it a 4 out of 5.

I think it tastes better than the regular Minute Maid Orange Soda.

No sign of the other new Minute Maid Fruit Soda's yet.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-05-2002, 04:12 PM
steveu - if you like weird colas, try faygo's rock n rye. it's a cream soda/cola mix. very good.

fusion
09-05-2002, 05:00 PM
We have the new MM Grape down here in Maryland.. A "medley" of grape and pear juice. My new favorite soda right now.

I haven't seen any of the other new flavors, either. We never carried Diet Orange, so I don't know if we will get Valencia Light. Philly Coke carries the Diet Orange, and they haven't made the switch yet to the Valencia Light.

There are also plans for a Berry and a Tropical MM Soda. they have the whole lineup on the new POS.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-06-2002, 10:54 AM
Fanta Cherry Light. It's a slurpee flavor, I've seen it for a few years. Will they ever do diet Fanta sodas? I think there is a huge market for diet fruit sodas. I know that in many stores up here, the diet Faygo sodas sell well because faygo makes them in odd flavors: Diet Vanilla Creme; Diet Chocolate Cream; Diet Red Pop, Diet Orange, Diet Twist; Diet Rock N Rye etc... and they are the only company to do so.

Sooner or later people will start to tire of Diet Coke/Pepper/Sprite/Pepsi etc...

steveu
09-09-2002, 08:06 PM
steveu - if you like weird colas, try faygo's rock n rye. it's a cream soda/cola mix. very good.Thanks; I will!

Mr.Surge
10-10-2002, 10:18 PM
The rundown in Deep East Texas near Nacogdoches

Plenty of Fanta and Faygo lately. Just in the last 2 weeks, I've picked up
Fanta Strawberry
Fanta Lemon
Faygo Red Pop
Faygo Grape

Fanta Lemon was weird. I picked it up in Houston in a green 'slash' style bottle that SURGE was found in. I found it here in Nacogdoches in a clear 'slash' style bottle.

I've also seen:
TAB (plenty at Wal-Mart)
Citra (20 oz bottles only at a TOTAL truck stop)
Sierra Mist (20oz, 12pk, 6pk)

Completely absent: SURGE, Mellow Yellow, Fresca, and Pibb Xtra is getting hard to find too.

xlogold
10-10-2002, 11:25 PM
I have not seen any new Fanta flavors in RI, just the basic ones that are everywhere else, like orange, gingerale, etc...

No Faygo here at all! We have Adirondack though, I have not tried that in years though.

Tab seems to be only found in 6 pack cans at major supermarkets in RI.

Still no Mello Yello here though.

The only new Minute Maid Fruit Soda so far is Valencia Orange.

diet Vanilla Coke will be released here in a week or two.

diet cherry Coke will be relaunched here around the same time.

Mr.Surge
10-14-2002, 10:20 AM
Drove to Monticello Arkansas this weekend.

On the way I stopped in Bastrop, LA

They had RC, Cherry RC, RC Edge and more.

But what surprised me was a little Fina station in Monticello. They had

Slice Red
Slice Strawberry
Sobe Mr.Green
Pepsi Blue
Red Fusion
Mellow Yellow
RC
Cherry RC
and all the usual crap.

I couldn't believe all the cool stuff they had in this one little station smile.gif

xlogold
10-16-2002, 10:28 PM
I didn't know those Slice flavors were even made still!! Does the packaging look like the current Slice logo? or is it the older logo?

---Update on Pepsi products in RI.---

-Mug Root Beer now only in 12 pack cans.
-Orange Slice now only in 12 pack cans.

It seems there slowly cutting back on Slice and eventually Sierra Mist will have most of the flavors Slice had. That's what I think anyway.

I don't know what the story is on the other Mug flavors in RI yet.

fusion
10-16-2002, 10:48 PM
Slice Red? is that like Big Red or Red Flash?

DJ Brian
10-17-2002, 02:26 AM
yep, its got that red creme / "bubble gum" flavor.

Mr.Surge
10-17-2002, 10:26 AM
it was all current product. The newest slice logo as seen on Slice Orange in your local Wal-Mart. But I couldn't believe all the flavors. One's I'd never heard of. Slice Strawberry, Slice Watermelon etc...

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-17-2002, 11:41 AM
in east lansing now, we have 16oz cans of Coke with Red Wings players on them. We also have the Halloween 8oz Coke cans for the first time ever. interesting how they would roll both these sizes out at once.

Terry K
10-17-2002, 04:49 PM
in east lansing now, we have 16oz cans of Coke with Red Wings players on them. We also have the Halloween 8oz Coke cans for the first time ever. interesting how they would roll both these sizes out at once.I just saw last night the 8 oz cans of Vanilla Coke, Cherry COke and Mello Yello, hadn't seen them before :D

xlogold
10-25-2002, 06:06 PM
Minute Maid Grape Medley is available in RI now.

diet Vanilla Coke is too but only in 20oz. and 2 Liters at the moment.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-28-2002, 05:23 PM
we now have diet cherry coke in the 20oz.
we now have diet vanilla coke in the 20oz/2L. i assume cans are forthcoming, so put that down as well.

as for 7Up, i recently saw diet sunkist orange in the 2L/12pk cans.

and, for beer, since i work at a miller/coors house, miller lite will be changing their logo at the start of the new year. either way, it's still going to be the light beer your dad drank.

SplitLevelP
10-31-2002, 08:09 PM
My market has mostly the staples. Coke, cf coke, diet, cf diet,Sprite(in 10% of stores 8oz glass)diet sprite,dr pepper,diet dr pepper,(coke carries here)mr. green,cherry coke,van coke, diet van coke. it you haed east the next market has more glass in in 10 oz pepsi,10oz 7up,10oz Diet pepsi,10oz canada dry, 8oz glass coke,sprite,diet coke.20oz plastic mello yello,citra,fresca are in next area as well.surge is only on tap here but easy to find on tap! feel free to mention a brand and if I have it here I will reply. :D

fusion
10-31-2002, 11:19 PM
Who's the bottler in your area? I am guessing the 'next market' is CCE-NY's upstate division.. I know they rolled out Mello Yello last year. They also have Canada Dry in some markets up there as well.

No specialty/weird stuff? No 3rd/4th tier bottlers?

xlogold
11-19-2002, 06:38 PM
Minute Maid Lite Valencia Orange is now available here in 2 liters.

So I guess we have all the new Minute Maid flavors, I think more are supposed to be released in the next comming months.

Mug Root Beer with new logo arrived here this month, 12 pack cans, and 2 liter bottles.

Orange Slice is just in 12 pack cans, and 2 liter bottles as well.

Pepsi Blue is finally in cans, it tastes different in cans.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-23-2002, 07:38 PM
meijers is pushing their pop hardcore around here. they have a cola for each pepsi and coke and they put these barrels by each of those and put their cans in ithem for only 25 cents. not bad. the pepsi knockoff is really good. a cross between pepsi and RC. coke one is not so good. they're cherry is really good too. too bad meijers doesn't maki pop in longneck glass bottles iwth pure cane shugga

XLS_03
01-12-2003, 07:39 PM
we finally have dnL here in 20oz. bottles.

bigrich
01-13-2003, 02:26 AM
Finally I got to try Fanta Berry. I found it in the Chicago area produced by CCE (MD)-Chicago Main Depo. It is interesting, as it is more sour than sweet. I have not been able to find the lemon, but am looking forward to it.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-05-2003, 12:29 AM
in cleveland ohio...

cotton club (produced by american bottling)
american had 20oz of a&w cream soda everywhere. overall, american had a large presence.

coke was cans by abarta, glass by abarta (no 8oz NR, only 10oz NR) and plastic by CCE - TF or TA.

they had 2L, 20oz in basic selection's in vending/coolers and only coke, diet coke, diet cf and sprite in 6pack half liters.

they did have special ohio state champion 6pack cans but because they don't have 8oz NR glass, they have to resort to cans for celebratory nonsense.

pepsi had a much larger selection. 24oz in 6packs. 12pks of 16 oz plastics in pepsi, mt dew, diet pepsi.

they had aquafinam, fruit works, dole all in 16oz as well.

as for beer, jeez oh peets... it's so cheap in ohio! you guys live great.

15pk of blatz for 6.63? 24pk cube of high life for 9.63? i've never seen 24pk cubes of high life or natty light or busch light, only suitcases. and i've never seen thirties of coors light, or miller lite, or mgd or bud or ****. and they had those pony 7oz bottles all over the place. crazyness man. crazyness.

that was all in cleveland, mainly a giant eagle store at the crosset and blackwell exit off of 90 west. hasta...

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-01-2003, 11:52 AM
i went through illinois, saw fridge packs out of RX (chicago regional/old herbco).

more from illinois: pepsi suitcases cans from pepsi americas, rolling meadows. they still had dr pepper. american had cubes of cans, produced crush and dad's root beer. royal crown chicago had AW, RC, cherry RC! (didn't get to try any), and various other things. also, if you see a "big foot" convenience store, they make their own rootbeer. i don't know about it, the line was too long in normal (odd) illinois or else i woulda stayed, gotten one of those and maybe a cherry rc.

always saw pibbxtra in 20oz (rare in michigan)
saw no citra
saw no surge
saw seagrams GA (pepsi) and canada dry in the triangle bottle (made by cce or abarta, can't remember)

teamtitan512
04-06-2003, 03:04 PM
I live about an hour and a half from Pittsburgh, and there's some interesting things about that area. You have RC, which has Diet Rite, RC, Cotton Club, and even old Nehi, along w/Vernor's, 50:50, Dad's Root Beer, Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer, and some other interesting pieces I haven't seen everywhere else. Then you have 7-Up, with Sunkist, Canada Dry, and now dnL is appearing w/those. Then Pepsi is pretty standard w/Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Twist, Pepsi One, Mountain Dew, Diet Mt Dew, Mt Dew Code Red, and now Sierra Mist. I haven't tried Sierra Mist yet, but I will soon.

Coca-Cola really varies w/the territory, Washington and Allegheny counties in immediate Pittsburgh, along w/Fayette County to the south are all the same. They have Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Sprite, Barq's Root Beer, Diet Barq's, Dr. Pepper, Red Fusion, Minute Maid Fruit Soda Valencia Orange, and that's about it. I saw Tab at a Super Kmart in Fayette County, and I saw Citra at a Super Wal-Mart. Can't remember seeing Mello Yello, Surge, or Fresca anywhere up there. However, in outlying counties like Westmoreland, Cambria, Indiana, Somerset, and Blair, things vary quite a bit. Fanta is the fruit sode of choice, as before they were Sunkist and Squirt, which now are with 7-Up. Canada Dry remains the ginger ale of choice. Mello Yello has become the adopted citrus soda. Dr. Pepper is a Coca-Cola product in Westmoreland County, but a Pepsi product everywhere else. 7-Up bottles Hires Root Beer still, and Cherikee Red, along with Frozen Run water, all rare. 7-Up was a product of Pepsi in Blair County, but has fallen into RC for the rights now to Sierra Mist, which are universal.

teamtitan512
04-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I also forgot to mention Seagram's is the ginger ale in immediate Pittsburgh. Pepsi has begun to package 1/2 liter bottles in 12 packs, along w/6 pack 24 oz. bottles. Coca-Cola has not begun using the Fridge Pack, and also packages 8 oz. 6 pack cans in some locales.

XLS_03
04-07-2003, 05:24 AM
dnL finally in 2 liter bottles here in RI.

teamtitan512
04-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Here's a very interesting one. In Northern Virginia, around Winchester, and in Clarke, Loudoun counties, and down into Harrisonburg. The arrangement there actually puts Pepsi in 3rd! Coca-Cola is standard for them in this region, Coke, CF Coke, Diet Coke, CF Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, Diet Vanilla, Cherry, Diet Cherry, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barq's Root Beer, Minute Maid Fruit Sodas Orange (Grape maybe), Mello Yello (formerly had Surge and Citra), Dasani, Cool Nestea, Seagram's.

Dr. Pepper is the main intriguing one, where Dr. Pepper, 7-Up, and.....Mountain Dew....yes....Mountain Dew...are together, along with A&W, RC, Sunkist, Canada Dry, Squirt, and Welch's. They also have Red Fusion, Code Red, and was the first region to see dnL. DPSU also has the rights to Sunny Delight, Country Time Lemonade, and Hawaiian Punch, whereas in the Pittsburgh region, some of these are controlled by Pepsi.

Pepsi holds claim to Pepsi, its extensions, Aquafina, Lipton products, and Sierra Mist now. They have the rights to the lowly Pepsi products of Mug, Slice, Schweppes are massively underutilized. In a few of these counties, 7Up was a Pepsi product, but that has probably changed w/the nationwide switch to Sierra Mist. Most of this region was the first place I ever saw Sierra Mist. Locally in the Cumberland, MD area, 7Up was a Pepsi product until the February change to Sierra Mist. I never saw Mr. Green in that region.

I think it should be noted this arrangement although in Northern Virginia does not exist in the immediate Washington DC area. Loudoun County, which has become an appendage of the DC Metro area, is not really immediate. In the immediate DC area, Coca-Cola is basically the same, except the old Minute Maid sodas were heavily marketed, and there were many different ones marketed. Orange and later grape were everywhere, but they had Strawberry, Fruit Punch, and another one I can't remember right now. Pepsi controls Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper in the immediate DC area, 7Up is DPSU along with RC, and isn't marketed real well in the DC area.

I think the nationwide switch for 7Up is going to kill sales for it, as almost everywhere, DPSU is a distant 3rd to Coke and Pepsi.

Thought you might all this interesting.

teamtitan512
04-10-2003, 08:12 PM
More notes from Western MD: Pepsi still makes Schweppes Ginger Ale, Club Soda, and Tonic in 10 oz. glass bottles. Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and 7-Up were all made in 10 oz. bottles as well, but not anymore. They were the little short, fat glass bottles, not longnecks. Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Mountain Dew come in 3 Liters, as did 7-Up before the switch. dnL is only in 12 packs at the local Giant Eagle, and Diet Rite is available in Cola, White Grape, and Tangerine here....heard someone was interested in finding white grape....Cumberland, MD is your place then.

fusion
04-10-2003, 10:36 PM
RC Winchester is indeed a very interesting bottler. They are the ones with the old Mountain Dew franchise that they held onto after Dew sold out to Pepsi. In some areas they only have Dr Pepper rights, and the rest of the DPSU brands are handled by Davis (another huge DPSU bottler in eastern PA). Some areas they have the full line of DPSU + Dew. Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has offices in parts of this area, but I am not really sure of where they have territory, since they don't have a territory map on their website.

teamtitan512
04-11-2003, 08:52 PM
At a local Food Lion today....I also located Diet Rite Red Raspberry. Canada Dry is also sold in 10 oz. glass bottles as Schweppes is.

XLS_03
04-14-2003, 12:03 AM
In Middletown, RI I saw 12 packs of diet cherry Coke, and Mello Yello. I also seen Barq's French Vanilla Creme Soda in 2 liter bottles.

I was suprised at what was available but I'm unsure where it is comming from since those are cities that are literally cities on islands.

DietCokeEnthusiast
04-21-2003, 04:49 PM
XLS, I'm from RI to. If you are looking for PiBB, they have it on tap at Johnny Rocket's (I had been looking for it for a whole year!). Have you seen any PiBB bottles/cans in RI?

Thanks,

Clarke

fusion
04-21-2003, 09:39 PM
As far as I know, the only two CCE production facilities in New England are NH - Needham Heights, MA and KH - Hartford, CT. KH is a former Coca Cola New York Facility, and I know they had Pepper franchise rights in most of their territory. I can't remember anything about the Pepper rights in MA, I haven't been up there in years.

XLS_03
04-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Clarke1:
XLS, I'm from RI to. If you are looking for PiBB, they have it on tap at Johnny Rocket's (I had been looking for it for a whole year!). Have you seen any PiBB bottles/cans in RI?

Thanks,

ClarkeClarke, Thank you for your information on PiBB. It is also available at Denny's. The reason these restaurants have PiBB on tap is because they have a seperate account from somewhere else. PiBB has never been sold in cans or bottles in New England.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-24-2003, 03:27 PM
cce in michigan is running 24oz 6packs in only coke/diet coke/dasani and still mainly relying on 6pk 1/2 liters. there's a big backlash against the 6pk 24oz that pepsi has. people don't like them. plus since pepsi is shrink wrapping them into six packs, they can't put them in their blue shells, thus they are in paper boxes and it looks horrible. really bushleague.

DietCokeEnthusiast
05-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Just to let anybody that is going on vacation, or lives in Bermuda know, they have 2 liter bottles of Coke and Diet Coke that are contour shaped. They handle easier than the PET ones, and look a lot cooler, too. I visited Bermuda in September 2002 and the Diet Coke 2 Liter Contour has the old, old label (not the one with the dynamic ribbon behind it [circa Jan 2003] and not the one with the cup of DC next to it, the OLD one). If you want, I can supply pics! smile.gif

the saint
05-24-2003, 08:33 PM
and just what exactly are the contour bottles made of since they are better than the PET bottles?

Shatter
05-25-2003, 12:59 AM
There's one of those nostalgia stores in a mall around here that has Coke and Pepsi bottles from all over the nation with all sorts of limited edition labels. But in the middle of all those bottles, they had one Coke contour shaped can! I think it was canned in Atlanta. I never knew they made contour cans.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-25-2003, 03:27 AM
i saw coke contour cans in canada. i also saw cans with an imprinted dynamic ribbon in toronto.

and the countoured 2L bottle has been out for years in canada

teamtitan512
05-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Something that should be noted is here Central Coke has 6 pack 8 oz. glass bottles commemorating the 100th anniversary of Central Coke. They also have at the bottom "Proudly Serving Cumberland". I found it refreshing to see a company caring about one market. Plus Tropical Sprite Remix has come here in Fridge Packs and 2 liters.

XLS_03
06-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Tropical Sprite Remix is available in cans, 20oz. and 2 liter bottles in RI.

fusion
06-30-2003, 07:58 PM
I picked up some Ford 100th anniversary Coke bottles when I was on my trip. Pretty neat looking.

Where were the Central Coke bottles produced? Can you post a picture?

fusion
06-30-2003, 07:59 PM
I also saw 1 liter Classic bottles that shrink-wrapped with a racing family over-wrap in Pittsburgh.

teamtitan512
07-01-2003, 12:37 AM
I'll try finding some, but I'd say they were probably produced in Hagerstown, where Central produces its bottles for the region. I'll probably pick a 6 pack up to keep next time I hit the store....and drink 5 considering cold Coke in glass is heavenly!

drpep
07-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
I picked up some Ford 100th anniversary Coke bottles when I was on my trip. Where?

fusion
07-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Wow. That's a toughie. I didn't keep a log of where I found everything. I think I was in Lexington, Kentucky when I found the Ford Bottles. I know they were produced in Marietta.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-02-2003, 12:16 AM
the ford bottles were so hard to find in the detroit area, considering you know, ford was ****ing started here and all, jesus.

fusion
07-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Fanta Black Cherry was spotted today in a drugstore in fridge packs only. No sightings in 2 liters or 20oz. I wasn't about to pay $5 for 12 cans, so I'll wait and see if it shows up anywhere else. It's being produced by Philadelphia Coke.

teamtitan512
07-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Central bottles produced in Marietta, GA code MR.

Central does not produce their own 1/2 liters, and they don't produce their own cans either.

16.9 liters Coke, Diet Coke, CF Diet Coke, Sprite from Coke Consolidated code RE - Roanoke, VA

Minute Maid Lemonade, Seagram's Ginger Ale, Dasani - CCE - code RM - Richmond, VA

fusion
07-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Ok, I bought a 12 pack of Black Cherry. The taste is very, very mild. Can design is like all other Fanta flavors, the color is a maroon color.

DietCokeEnthusiast
07-03-2003, 12:04 AM
...b-b-BLACK CHERRY!!!! I have GOT to get my hands on this stuff!

XLS_03
08-04-2003, 03:21 AM
Fridge Packs have been available in Rhode Island for a few weeks now.

karks88
08-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Fridgepacks are now available at the Giant in Carlisle! First time I've seen them here.

mjb1124
09-10-2003, 10:55 PM
A few years ago, I saw Minute Maid Blueberry in a convenience store. I tried it then too...didn't like the taste, I forget exactly what it was like but it was kinda sickening. I'd imagine it was similar to Fanta Berry, which I've never tried.

Right now, in the NYC area, we have Fresca in all types of packages (a deli I frequent usually has 20 oz. bottles in stock). I occasionally see Tab. We have pretty much all of the Diet Rite flavors, and I spotted 2-liter bottles of Minute Maid Valencia Light recently. We used to have Mr. Green but I think it's been dropped. Diet Cherry Coke is only availible in 2-liter bottles here.

drpep
09-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Fanta Berry is not the same as Minute Maid Blueberry. Fanta Berry is/was more like Pepsi Blue.

XLS_03
09-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Fanta is only in 2 or 3 flavors in 2 liter bottles now. I think it's orange,grape, and strawberry (strawberry i'm not 100% sure about though). Fanta ginger ale is still avalable here too.

DJ Brian
10-07-2003, 04:13 AM
hey XLS, I've been out there twice looking for Fanta Ginger Ale, where is it?!? I can't find it. What packaging and locations should I be checking?

teamtitan512
10-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Fanta Ginger Ale? That's one of the old school Fantas. Who does Seagram's there then? Does anyone? I'm figuring if no one does it (Pepsi does it in Cleveland for example, since Coke does Canada Dry), then Coke there will probably switch.

XLS_03
10-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Last time I seen Fanta gingerale it was at one of those wholesale places, that was late last year or early this year...it was in 2 liters and had a white background, blue Fanta logo, and a green bottom that said ginger ale. (the old Fanta logo i'm assuming)

I have also seen it in some restaurants on fountain also.

DJ Brian
11-12-2003, 12:53 AM
I drove out to Rhode Island, I didn't see it in any of the grocery stores or CVS's I popped into.

golee1
11-14-2003, 01:22 AM
Weird items around here from Central Coca-Cola:
-Tab
-Fresca
-Fanta ginger ale available in postmix BIB
-Fanta Wild cherry available in Pre-Mix (GOOD stuff)
-Crass ginger ale in pre-mix (haven't actually seen this one in public, but was in Central's Staunton warehouse and was fresh.)
-Fanta orange and grape are gone here, as is Northern Neck Ginger Ale
-Red Fusion is still available here courtesy of Dr Pepper of Staunton (actually located in Verona)
-Wink still available here (from Pepsi I believe)
-In Roanoke, MT Dew Livewire is still available everywhere.

XLS_03
12-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Just noticed Pepsi started distributing the stupid 8 oz. cans here in RI.

There copying Coke in my opinion, although many beverages are available in various parts of the world in those sizes.

The 8oz. cans are priced too high because of lack of demand. I would much rather see 16oz. Coke and Pepsi cans.

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-22-2003, 12:13 AM
ABC is doing a 12pk, 1/2 liter one week special on the following:

7Up
Diet 7Up
AW
Squirt
DP and Diet DP
Sunkist

they look funny
cardboard tray and then plastic wrap. very colorful.

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-22-2003, 12:16 AM
also, seems as if mad river's gone for good.

Terry K
12-22-2003, 04:52 AM
also, seems as if mad river's gone for good. They're still blowing 'em out at 99 only out here in CA

Shatter
12-24-2003, 11:45 PM
We've started getting in Diet Rite Red Raspberry 12-packs. And we've also started getting 8 oz. can 6-packs of Dr Pepper, Diet DP, and 7up. I didn't get a chance to check the soda aisle for other flavors, since my store was wall-to-wall customers today.

Shatter
12-29-2003, 05:52 AM
We've also started stocking Diet Rite White Grape! And we also have Sunkist in 8oz. cans too.

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-29-2003, 10:44 AM
hey shatter, you work at kroger's right?

Shatter
12-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Yep. I haven't had a chance to ask my store's Dr Pepper sales rep why we've gotten new Diet Rites in stock after a decade of being off the shelves.

Terry K
12-31-2003, 06:09 PM
Simple, yet complex answer:

Diet Rite is now a DPSU product. DP/SU is now trying to push all of its major products, and in markets where they have a full line (like Dallas), they're going to be pushing whatever they have.

teamtitan512
01-01-2004, 12:26 AM
RC Winchester never had Diet Rite flavors before, but last night while in the Super Wal-Mart in Charles Town, WV, I noticed 12 packs of White Grape, Red Raspberry, and Tangerine for $1.98 each.

For those that don't know, 7Up is *NOT* RC Winchester's in Winchester. I thought DeHaven 7UP was a dead operation, but I was wrong. Appears their product is bought off CPG (Pepsi Shenandoah) and Independent Beverage out of Charlotte. They have Crush, Schweppes, Country Time, Hires, Sun Drop and Tahitian Treat for sure. For some reason, only Wal-Mart Supercenter in Winchester carries any of their products. However, it is in the Eastern Panhandle of WV, around Martinsburg and Charles Town.

fusion
01-01-2004, 01:33 AM
I've seen the 2003-2004 list of authorized vendors for Martin's/Giant-Carlisle, and DeHaven is on that list, so I assumed they were still in operation.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-01-2004, 05:52 PM
dpsu/abc just put out diet rite tangerine here in mid-michigan.

fusion
01-01-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm figuring it's all part of the low-carb fad that's sweeping the country. Diet Rite is on the list of approved drinks for the Atkins diet, and sales have went through the roof in the area I work in.

Shatter
01-02-2004, 05:19 AM
That makes sense. It seems everybody's jumping on the Atkins diet bandwagon. My Kroger's got a ton of Atkins crap collecting dust right now. It might be an okay seller at more upscale stores, but at my store it won't move. Our customers are too cheap to pay $6.99 for a packet of muffin mix when they can pick up a regular packet for $.50.

bigrich
01-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Went down to the CCE Louisville area today and was pleased to see Red Flash again. The last time I was down there it had completly disapeared.

bigrich
01-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Also, on my trip to Louisville Pepsi Americas had PET 12oz. in 12 packs.

bigrich
01-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Another interesting thing about my trip to Louisville was that ALL-American Bottling has dropped Upper-10. It seems thay may of had to drop it when they picked up 7-UP from Pepsi Americas. Also All-American has a slough of flavors in 12oz. glass.

[ 01-02-2004, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-03-2004, 01:06 AM
longnecks? made by whom?

fusion
01-03-2004, 02:05 AM
When I was in Akron Ohio last year, Pepsi had these odd looking 12 pack 12oz PET packages.. 3x4 belly banded bottles. I also saw 6 pack 12oz PET belly banded bottles in Buffalo Rock territory a few years back.

bigrich
01-03-2004, 10:49 AM
The longnecks in the Louisville area were produced by All-American Bottling, OKC, OK. They have a plant in Louisville, but the longnecks were not coded? They had RC, 7-UP, Sunkist Orange, Big Red & A&W.

Cheer-wined
01-03-2004, 01:13 PM
those sound like the same longnecks I've seen in southside VA and eastern TN, with white plastic caps. The one's I've found were coded "H" (A&W), "G" (Sunkist) and a Big Red with no code.

fusion
01-04-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm really suprised they are allowed to have uncoded sodas in the marketplace. How would they handle quality control issues (if a consumer calls in to complain), or a recall?

bigrich
01-04-2004, 01:07 AM
The ones I bought were cold and the coding could have been on them and either rubbed off or condensation could have played a part in them being codeless.

teamtitan512
01-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I remember seeing those in PepsiAmericas territory, those 12 pack 12 oz. bottles, I saw Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Dr Pepper ones where I was in Eastern Ohio, and the little strip between OH and PA in WV north of Wheeling (Brooke County/Weirton).

Cheer-wined
01-06-2004, 08:09 PM
could be a quality issue with their ink? on some of the bottles I've seen maybe one or two numbers is left where the ink was smudged off

XLS_04
01-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Pepsi One is getting hard to find here. The supermarkets that have it in cans don't have it in 2 liter bottles, and the supermarkets that have it in 2 liter bottles don't have it in cans.

Hacksaw
01-08-2004, 08:38 PM
I just came back from a trip to San Diego. Cactus Cooler is carried there by CC. I didn't see any Fanta, but I only checked out a few stores.

I did find Stewart's there in 1/2 & 1 liter bottles.

And I'm still looking for Fanta Red Cream Soda.

[ 01-08-2004, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Hacksaw ]

golee1
01-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Diet Rite flavors have recently showed up here too. Tangerine, white grape, Cranberry (or maybe it was rasberry), and I think one other flavor, 12 packs for $2.50 at Wal-Mart. Canned by RC Winchester, I didn't know they had a can line.

golee1
01-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Pepsi one is getting harder to find here too. Can't say that I'm sad about it.

Sierra mist is becoming harder to find too. Here Dr Pepper has it, and Pepsi still has 7-up. Dr. Pepper Staunton is now carrying Diet Sunkist orange. I remember Central Coke carrying the diet around 1990 or so, they now has has valencia orange of course, but unfortunately not the light version.

fusion
01-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Valencia Orange Light is quite good. But I was told that CCE Mid-Atlantic is probably going to stop carrying it as well. Overall, it didn't sell a lot. I just think that nobody bothered to push it.

teamtitan512
01-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Diet Coke w/Lime, the new Diet Coke w/Lemon, and the Sprite w/new graphics are all here in Western MD from the Central Coke Highlands Sales Center (Cumberland).

I believe RC Winchester's product code is EB, but don't hold me to that. Those letters were on a 20 oz. dnL I bought last night. They do have a can line BTW. Almost all 3rd-tier cans here are RC Winchester ones.

Cheer-wined
01-14-2004, 10:44 PM
I got an RC Winchester-produced Mountain Dew there a couple of weeks ago and the code was EB. I saw some more of their products yesterday, but this time a lot farther south, in Emporia VA near I-95.

teamtitan512
01-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Diet Coke w/Lime now found in 2L and Fridge Packs from Central Coke.

fusion
02-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Davis is buying Diet Rite and the flavors from Winchester now as well. I saw 12pks in the greater Lancaster area the other night.

DPDude
02-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Diet Rite is available in Cola, Raspberry Cola and White Grape 12oz fridge packs in south Texas at HEB stores. They also carry Diet Rite Cola in 3-liters.

teamtitan512
02-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Weird thing is Winchester makes tons of the stuff now, but until a few months ago, they didn't touch the Diet Rite flavors. Now they do Tangerine, Red Raspberry, and White Grape. ABC used to do these 3, and now they also do Strawberry Kiwi.

DPDude
02-21-2004, 09:09 PM
While tooling through the countryside today I stopped in a Texaco and found some interesting things. 7Up, Sunkist and Big Red in 12oz longnecks. Also found some two year old cans of Sprite with Tim Duncan's (San Antonio Spurs) image congratulating him for his 2001-2002 MVP win. I bought the last two cans...and no, I won't be drinking them.

fusion
02-22-2004, 12:02 AM
They're jumping on the Atkins bandwagon with the Diet Rite.

I saw the Atkins bread in the store.. $4.99 a loaf! Come on.

golee1
02-22-2004, 03:21 AM
One thing I don't understand is, what makes Diet Rite so special for the Atkins diet? Aren't all diet drinks 0 carbs?

teamtitan512
02-23-2004, 12:16 AM
I think it has to do w/the sweetener, because there's something in the Atkins diet w/aspartame as well, which is the sweetener in Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. Diet Rite uses Splenda.

The Atkins stuff isn't selling here at least. The Diet Rite though seems to be.

Terry K
02-23-2004, 04:08 AM
There isn't a single dist soda I know of that has any carbs in it. DP/SU is trying to captialise on the low/no carb craze by putting the phrase zero carbs on its packaging (which does entice buyers since they sell flavours you can't easily get in diets from the other guys outside of cola)

Shatter
03-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Fanta Orange is doing so well here that Coke has started selling Orange in 24-packs. They don't sell too many flavors in 24-pack cubes, so it was kind of a shock to see these out on the shelves.

ben
03-23-2004, 03:04 AM
here we have,COCA-COLA CLASSIC,VANILLA COKE,CHERRY COKE,CAFFEINE FREE COCA-COLA CLASSIC,DIET COKE,DIET COKE WITH LEMON,DIET COKE WITH LIME,SPRITE,TROPICAL SPRITE REMIX,DIET SPRITE,BARQ'S ROOT BEER BARQ'S DIET ROOT BEER,FANTA ORANGE,FANTA GRAPE,FANTA STRAWBERRY,FANTA PEACH,FANTA PINEAPPLE,FANTA RASBERRY,FANTA KEWI,FANTA BLUE BERRY,FANTA CITRUS,MELLO YELLO,CITRA,FRESCA,DR.PEPPER,DR.PEPPER RED FUSION,CANADA DRY GINGERAL,SCHWEEPS GINGERAL,and SUNNY D (i only said the coca-cola products)

XLS_04
04-04-2004, 11:52 PM
We have berryclear Sprite Remix in 2 liter bottles here in R.I.

Also cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke are now also available in 8oz. cans

Irishpepsi04
04-14-2004, 04:29 AM
Here in Western Washington (Everett-Bellevue-Seattle-Tacoma areas) the Coke and Pepsi plastic bottles (2liter, 1 liter, 20oz and 24oz bundled in 6-packs) are much about the same across the region. Interesting, in some rural areas across the Sound (and across the Tacoma Narrows bridge) Dr. Pepper 20-oz plastic bottles has a different shape of plastic bottle with yellow cap on it that often says Lucky Play 20-oz and it has "Dr. Pepper" raised right on the bottle near the top. The Dr. Pepper, as it seems is made by Pepsi because of same shape as Pepsi products. Any ideas why it's different in two sides of the Narrows? I kinda like the Dr. Pepper bottle with the raised words "Dr. Pepper"

In some places, I have seen longnecks of Sunkist, Crush (all flavors-orange, grape, strawberry), Mr Green, NEHI (peach, orange, grape), Switch carbonated juice. I have seen Faygo in few places. but no longnecks of pepsi or coke. But have seen 8-oz glass bottles of Coke in 6-pack. Thanks Brian

fusion
04-14-2004, 05:47 PM
There are ten(!) different bottlers of Dr Pepper in Washington, so that would explain the differences in bottles and promotions.

Six different small independent Pepsi bottlers:

Pepsi Walton (Bellingham)
Pepsi Bremerton (Bremerton)
Pepsi Harbor Pacific (Hoquiam)
Pepsi L&E (Olympia)
Pepsi Penninsula (Port Angeles)
Pepsi Corwin (Vancouver)

Even though they are Pepsi bottlers/distributors, the independents often still do things a different way than the larger, corporate bottlers.

You've also got:

Pepsi Bottling Group (Everett)
Pepsi Weinstein (Seattle -- Pepper territory is most of NE WA, not Seattle)
Pepsi Noel (Yakima)

and, the lone Coke bottler with Pepper in WA:
Coke Swire (Pasco & Walla Walla)

fusion
04-14-2004, 05:52 PM
I am getting some conflicting stuff off the web.. Coke Swire says they have an office in Pasco, but I am also seeing Coke Tri-Cities associated with that city. Maybe Swire has non-Coke distribution in Pasco? anyone?

Anyway.. there are only three Coke bottlers in WA, and CCE (Coca Cola Enterprises) controls most of the state. Only small portions of the SE are controlled by Swire and Tri-Cities.

Irishpepsi04
04-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Interesting. In one small Lakewood mini mart, I sometime noticed empty soda shells or something that you carry 6 or 8 2 liter bottles. I have seen "PEPSI/NOEL" or PEPSI PORTLAND" and for Coke ones, "CCE" I do notice "NOEL of Yakima" on some caps of 20-oz bottles of welch's, crush, etc. BEFORE Sierra Mist marched into Western Washington. Then now 7up have the same shape of bottles as Crush, Welch's etc (the splash imprint)So 7up is out of Pepsi bottlers' hands. and seems to be taken care by Dr. Pepper/Royal Crown due to the splash imprint on bottles of Crush, 7up, Welchs etc. Brian P.S. on a 20-oz Pepsi bottle. I am trying to decipher the words across on pepsi bottle near the top that says as follows: "2320 WW 04024" I assume the WW means Western Washington. I always know the dates for best taste. On a can of Cherry Coke it says SEP2704VMA and the second line says 21104. couldn't figure what VMA means ok Brian

There are ten(!) different bottlers of Dr Pepper in Washington, so that would explain the differences in bottles and promotions.

Six different small independent Pepsi bottlers:

Pepsi Walton (Bellingham)
Pepsi Bremerton (Bremerton)
Pepsi Harbor Pacific (Hoquiam)
Pepsi L&E (Olympia)
Pepsi Penninsula (Port Angeles)
Pepsi Corwin (Vancouver)

Even though they are Pepsi bottlers/distributors, the independents often still do things a different way than the larger, corporate bottlers.

You've also got:

Pepsi Bottling Group (Everett)
Pepsi Weinstein (Seattle -- Pepper territory is most of NE WA, not Seattle)
Pepsi Noel (Yakima)

and, the lone Coke bottler with Pepper in WA:
Coke Swire (Pasco & Walla Walla)

[ 04-14-2004, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Irishpepsi04 ]

fusion
04-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Are you sure that isn't VJA? VJ is the code for Wilsonville, OR. The third letter is the day of the week. A is Monday.

The date on the Pepsi bottle is called a Julian date. It's a code that states the actual day of the year the product was bottled on.. ie, Jan 31st would be 031, Feb 12th would be 043, and so on. The fourth number (sometimes before, sometimes after, sometimes it's two numbers) indicates the year. 4 or 04 is 2004. My rough rule of thumb is multiples of 30. If I see a 150, I estimate that bottle was bottled around the end of May.. so it would be "fresh" until the end of August (roughly).

I would say that that bottle was bottled at 11:20pm on January 24, 2004. So, it would be past the optimal taste date, which would be around March 24th or so. I'm not sure what the WW means, I am not familiar with most Pepsi codes.

Irishpepsi04
04-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Ok interesting. yes I'm sure it's VMA. There's a major Coca-Cola bottling place in Bellevue WA. not sure if that came from? Also it says it's bottled by a member of the CCE Bottling Group. The pepsi bottle. the date for best taste is JUL 05 04 so Jan 24 may be when it's made. Brian

Are you sure that isn't VJA? VJ is the code for Wilsonville, OR. The third letter is the day of the week. A is Monday.

The date on the Pepsi bottle is called a Julian date. It's a code that states the actual day of the year the product was bottled on.. ie, Jan 31st would be 031, Feb 12th would be 043, and so on. The fourth number (sometimes before, sometimes after, sometimes it's two numbers) indicates the year. 4 or 04 is 2004. My rough rule of thumb is multiples of 30. If I see a 150, I estimate that bottle was bottled around the end of May.. so it would be "fresh" until the end of August (roughly).

I would say that that bottle was bottled at 11:20pm on January 24, 2004. So, it would be past the optimal taste date, which would be around March 24th or so. I'm not sure what the WW means, I am not familiar with most Pepsi codes.

Irishpepsi04
04-14-2004, 08:26 PM
I have seen NEHI glass longnecks 12 oz. in some areas here. Pach, grape and orange. The bottle caps shows it's being bottled at Dr. Pepper's plant in West Jefferson, NC. I believe the Dr Pepper I found at a bus station yesterday was made from the same plant. I was trying to locate where the bottle was bought as it had some liquid 1/2 empty. I shook the bottle and it was partially fizzed. I found it in South Hill in Pierce County, Washington state Brian

Terry K
04-15-2004, 04:42 AM
PEPSI codes look like this: 1200MW21842

What this means is it was canned at Noon at plant MW on 2/18/04 on line 2, expiraton date 11/22/04

fusion
04-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the correction, Terry.

So, the previously mentioned Pepsi was actually bottled on 4/8/04? That would make sense if the optimal taste date was in July (PET bottles 20oz and larger have a 90 day life).

[ 04-15-2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

fusion
04-15-2004, 07:01 PM
My initial research shows that Bellevue is definately a production facility, but the article only mentioned that they produce 1 liter and 2 liter bottles on the line (there was a fire there last November).

fusion
04-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Brian.. Since you live in WA.. What can you tell us about A&W of Everett? I've seen Vernor's longnecks from them in various places in Ohio, but that's all I've ever seen from them.

Irishpepsi04
04-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi fusion. I have not went in Everett's stores in a very long time but I can check it out. But I do recall seeing Vernor's longneck somewhere. The pop arragements were different than what I've seen in Tacoma. Also Bartell Drugs (regional drug chain) and some Walgreens and select Targets carry 8oz cans of Pepsi, diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist and two others I can't remember. Coke have that as well in Vanilla Coke, Coke, diet Coke. But what I can tell you is that, AW, Welch's, 7up, etc have splash embossed around the top of the bottle. I have seen AW root beer, diet AW, AW cream soda, Squirt, in various sizes. But Squirt Red Ruby was spotted at WinCo food store only in 2 liter size. Will check out more later on Brian
P.S. Are you sure you don't see "West Jefferson, NC" or anything on the longnecks you saw in Ohio?" Brian

Brian.. Since you live in WA.. What can you tell us about A&W of Everett? I've seen Vernor's longnecks from them in various places in Ohio, but that's all I've ever seen from them.

[ 04-16-2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Irishpepsi04 ]

XLS_04
04-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Pepsi, diet Pepsi,Sierra Mist and Mountain Dew
are now available in 8oz. 18 packs here in R.I.

Irishpepsi04
04-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Hi yes that's right. Mountain Dew too. Also I bought one 18-pack of Pepsi 8oz that seems to be only available at Walmart SuperCenters. And at normal Walmarts if you can find it! Brian

Originally posted by XLS_04:
Pepsi, diet Pepsi,Sierra Mist and Mountain Dew
are now available in 8oz. 18 packs here in R.I.

Irishpepsi04
04-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey Fusion: I found some interesting things about Coca-Cola products, especially cans and 20-oz plastic bottles. There's VM on Coke, diet Coke, Sprite 20-oz plastic bottles. But the rest of 20-oz plastic bottles (Fanta, Barq's, Cherry Coke, flavored ones) come with VJ. Cans comes with VM in most of them. 20-oz Minute Maid juices have TD on it. I wonder if VM is Bellevue? or any another major Coca-Cola production plant? I saw it at a Red Apple market in City of Tacoma. But I plan to checkout one or two of Seattle markets to see any differences.

Also, I saw Vernor's, Big Red, A&W rootbeer, A&W creme soda, and Green River glass longnecks at a Thrifyway (the store that uses Western Family food products)They are 12-oz and comes in 6-packs. They came from A&W Bottling in Everett. Also A&W products (AW, Vernor's, Sunkist or any Cadbury beverage) in cans, bottles, 1 lit., 2 lit. and 12 packs came from Everett also. There's another bottling company called Northstar Beverage in Kent, WA south of Seattle that does RC, Crush, Hires in plastic and cans. Glass Crush that I saw in Walmart comes from West Jefferson, NC. 7up products (cans, 20 oz bottles with splash embossed) looks like it came from Noel Beverage in Yakima, WA. Code looks like YC to me. Brian

Originally posted by Irishpepsi04:
Ok interesting. yes I'm sure it's VMA. There's a major Coca-Cola bottling place in Bellevue WA. not sure if that came from? Also it says it's bottled by a member of the CCE Bottling Group. The pepsi bottle. the date for best taste is JUL 05 04 so Jan 24 may be when it's made. Brian

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fusion:

I would say that that bottle was bottled at 11:20pm on January 24, 2004. So, it would be past the optimal taste date, which would be around March 24th or so. I'm not sure what the WW means, I am not familiar with most Pepsi codes. </font>[/QUOTE]

[ 04-16-2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Irishpepsi04 ]

fusion
04-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply. The Vernors I saw in Ohio was definately from Everett. Most DPSU longnecks around here do come from West Jefferson, but that was the rarity. I guess nobody else puts it in longnecks.

I'll have to ask around and see if anyone else knows anything about VM. It could be Bellevue. It might not, I'm really not sure. But I assume it is a new facility or an updated one, if they are running a can line and a bottle line. Most older facilities just run a bottle line.

In Maryland, we get stuff from a ton of places. Most of them are dedicated facilities, though.

Baltimore production just makes cans. fridgepacks, 24packs, 6packs. They have also ran 20 and 18 packs in the past.

Silver Spring production just runs loose 20oz. They used to produce shrinkwrapped 20oz 6pks, but that package was eliminated when we started producing 24oz 6pks.

Alexandria production just runs 1L and 2L. They are one of the facilities that runs Kosher Coke and Diet Coke around Passover.

Richmond production is the oddity. It's a fairly new facility, so it can run any package. They mostly produce 16.9oz and 24oz 6 packs for the entire area, but they also produce some cans and bottles, but mostly for the sales centers in southern Virginia. They also just added on a whole new wing last year, which houses a Dasani purification machine and the associated packaging and palletizing machinery.

We also get some stuff from time to time from Twinsburg Ohio.. their facility produces all packages as well. It's the major production facility for eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania.

Powerade and Minute Maid juices come from Northampton Mass, and Chattanooga Tenn. Glass bottles are produced in Marietta Georgia, which is the big glass facility for the mid-atlantic and south. eastern great lakes area too, I think.

XLS_04
04-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Pepsi Fridge Mate has arrived here.

teamtitan512
04-18-2004, 08:46 PM
One has to remember that with Twinsburg is that although it's in the Cleveland Metro area, Cleveland is ABARTA. Twinsburg I don't think receives product from CCE even across the street from the production center. Akron, Youngstown, and Canton are about as close as it provides anything to.

fusion
04-19-2004, 03:22 AM
I had no idea Twinsburg was so close to Cleveland! It's about a 15 minute ride from Abarta's Bedford Heights facility to the Twinsburg facility. Akron sales/distribution is probably 45 minutes from Twinsburg.

But that's no big deal to Twinsburg -- it really is a regional production center. They supply most of the EGL division, except the old Capitol division sales centers, which are supplied (as before) by the (now) Mid-Atlantic division. Some of the old Herbco sales centers in NE PA are supplied by the NY Division.

There is an intereresting situation in Hamburg, PA. This area was once Herb territory, who was part of the MAC co-op. MAC is located in Hamburg, but the stores in the area are now stocked with cans from Baltimore and Twinsburg, and the occasional Elmsford NY packages.

Irishpepsi04
04-20-2004, 05:02 PM
Good afternoon. What an interesting day for me. Found out some interesting facts about who bottles and who distribute what products. Remember Portland Bottling Company went bankrupt? Now Columbia Distributing does DSPU products once again in parts of Oregon that were impacted by the breakdown of Portland Bottling. There's branches in Washington and Oregon. Their web site is http://www.columbia-dist.com/Whats_new.htm to say about that they are happy to distribute the impacted products. They also distribute longnecks bottled by A&W Bottling of Everett, Thomas Kemper root beer, Henry Weindhert (spelling?) in 1/2 western of Washington State and parts of Oregon. That is all I have to tell what I've found. Brian

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-20-2004, 06:50 PM
columbia is massive. they're known across the country for how they handle wine/spirits, beer, water, soda etc...

absolutely disgusting how much crap they handle. they are the model for a "full house" or multi-branded distributorship.

teamtitan512
04-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Yea. Twinsburg is right at I-480. Kind of interesting. I don't understand why a production facility was closed in Pittsburgh. I know there was one doing Citra for EGL for a while. I know someone here claimed to find it, right before the FP switch. AFAIK, only Dasani water is produced in Washington, to the south of Pittsburgh.

fusion
04-21-2004, 12:37 AM
That was me! I was on a road trip last year to Ohio and Georgia (and every state in between), and found 3x4 Citra in Pittsburgh.

Washington was an old Cameron Coke facility. I assume it was their full line production facility (maybe they bought cans from MAC? I really know nothing about Cameron, except that they did buy from Consolidated at times).

Twinsburg seems like such a powerhouse facility that it can produce for a large area with no problems at all. I just wonder what the transportation costs are for CCE to truck product so far away from that facility.. and the actual number of cases that Twinsburg produces on a yearly basis must be astounding.

There was also a production facility in Pittston, PA -- which produced 2L/20oz/1L. CCE closed it up when they bought out Herb.

unnamed
04-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Washington was an old Cameron Coke facility. I assume it was their full line production facility (maybe they bought cans from MAC? I really know nothing about Cameron, except that they did buy from Consolidated at times).
Cameron only ran 2 liters in its last few years, with 20-ounce coming from Consolidated, and cans from MAC, except that Canton was getting the bulk of its cans from CCE Twinsburg.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-14-2004, 05:05 PM
i found diet sunkist lemonade in cedar rapids, iowa. anyone else seen this product before?

NLE Dan
06-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah, it's pretty good, they sell it in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Kenosha Wisconsin

Shatter
06-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Does anyone from this board live around Galveston, TX, and the Rio Grande valley area? Because there's a new soda made by the local Pepsi bottler called Crazy Red, that's apparently only available there. Here's a web site. http://www.onetacc.com/Crazy%20Red/crazyred.htm

It looks like they still bottle Slice Red there, too. I'd love to get some, but I can't see driving for 6 hours each way in a car that would probably break down halfway there, just to buy $5 worth of soda.

DPDude
06-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Shatter,
I picked up a couple of bottles of Crazy Red down in Five Points, TX, or basically the outskirts of Corpus Christi. I spotted them back in May at a Circle K store just south of I-37 on Highway 77. It's bottled by the Pepsi bottler in Corpus but the interesting thing is that the drink is licensed by Soda's Ltd, of Fredericksburg, TX. Even though I bought two bottles I have yet to try the stuff.

drpep
06-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Their site is a little outdated. They still show Pepsi Blue and have Livewire listed as "Summer of 2003".

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-15-2004, 12:19 PM
what the heck is it, a red cream soda?

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-15-2004, 05:39 PM
i'm on my last can of diet sunkist lemonade. i'm gonna have to have my crazy uncle bob bring me some more when he comes to visit in the next couple months. it's really good stuff, diet drinkers, i suggest ye try it.

i'm proud that i am the 200th post on this topic.

XLS_04
06-18-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Shatter:
Does anyone from this board live around Galveston, TX, and the Rio Grande valley area? Because there's a new soda made by the local Pepsi bottler called Crazy Red, that's apparently only available there. Here's a web site. http://www.onetacc.com/Crazy%20Red/crazyred.htm

It looks like they still bottle Slice Red there, too. I'd love to get some, but I can't see driving for 6 hours each way in a car that would probably break down halfway there, just to buy $5 worth of soda. They don't have 2 liter bottles in that area? I notice they product 3 liters and was not sure if that meant 2 liter Pepsi products are available there or not.

Irishpepsi04
09-12-2004, 02:53 AM
I am getting some conflicting stuff off the web.. Coke Swire says they have an office in Pasco, but I am also seeing Coke Tri-Cities associated with that city. Maybe Swire has non-Coke distribution in Pasco? anyone?

Anyway.. there are only three Coke bottlers in WA, and CCE (Coca Cola Enterprises) controls most of the state. Only small portions of the SE are controlled by Swire and Tri-Cities. I was in the Tri-Cities recently. Drove through areas of Pasco. Saw Pepsi-Cola of Pasco. I also saw a sign saying "Swire Seven-Up/Dr. Pepper" a few blocks apart from Pepsi-Cola Bottling of Pasco. That is the only two listed in the Pasco phone book. There was a Coca-Cola somewhere on Road 34 in Pasco but I don't see it though Brian

XLS_04
09-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Fanta citrus available in 2 liter size here.

Shatter
09-20-2004, 01:35 AM
I found Fanta Black Cherry in Tulsa, Oklahoma, yesterday. Coke also cans Sun Drop there.

XLS_04
01-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Diet Cherry Vanilla showing up in 20oz. bottles finally.

Red Fusion no longer available here, Fanta pineapple no longer avalable here.

Coke C2 only in 20oz. bottles now and 2 liters, however if 20oz. sales are not picking up it will most likely just be available in 2 liters.

Shatter
01-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Last year, a gas station across town had Fanta Red in their fountain dispenser, but the next time I went in, it had been replaced with Red Flash. Today, I went by, and there was a new soda dispenser, and Fanta Red was back in the machine. I bought a 24 oz. cup to try out. Maybe it's because it's coming out of a fountain, and therefore is a bit watery, but it's not quite as strong as Red Flash. Just a tiny bit less sweet. Other than that, it's pretty much identical.