PDA

View Full Version : ARUBA JAM IS TROPICAL WITH A NEW NAME!

iluvsurge220
04-25-2005, 01:25 AM
I seem to be the only one who thinks that Aruba Jam is the exact same thing as tropical sprite remix with the exception of a new name. I maybe wrong and I apologize if I am for making such a big deal about this, but when I tasted it for the first time, I thought I was drinking tropical because the two tasted so similar. Someone please help!! Are Aruba Jam and Tropical the same or not? I can't stand not knowing for sure. And if I am wrong please correct me.

XLS_04
04-25-2005, 01:49 AM
in my opinion tropical had a stronger taste with more of a peach or mango after taste.

BottleBoss
04-25-2005, 10:09 AM
The new name makes it taste better.

jmyjunk
04-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Aruba Jam is way too sweet. There is a hit of flavoring which I have not been able to but my finger on. I am leaning towards the flavor of Watermelon, not to unlike the old flavor of watermelon in Capri-Sun.

I just wish Sprite would add a bit more Lemon flavor to the orginal sprite, Then it would be perfect.

NRGChick
04-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I'd like to see a sprite with a tangerine twist. I think that'd be great! :D

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-25-2005, 07:54 PM
You guys are crazy.

Aruba Jam is Tropical.

I loved Tropical when it was out. I hated that they trashed it. Now Aruba Jam is here, and I know it's the same because it's the taste that I've been missing!

One would think that a board like this would have tastebuds sophisticated enough to know there's no difference.

If anything, there might be the slightest difference in degree of sweetness, but I wouldn't call that a new flavor.

mickstafa
04-25-2005, 08:58 PM
SnappleE, while similar products, I can assure you that AJ is not Tropical. Coke would not do that.

Although you found the taste you've been missing (and thats always a good thing) I disliked Tropical because it had a very peach/mango flavor to it. AJ doesn't really have this in it. Its a bit sweeter and has some sort of other fruit flavor. I kind of like it (though to me, Berryclear was the best).

Tropical and AJ are similar, but definitely not the same product. That would just not happen.

Robot
04-25-2005, 10:07 PM
i have tropical still and ill get some aruba and do a side by side

this will settle it

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Ok, so CocaCola improved the formula.

We can theoretically debate its base formula forever.

If you ask 100 people, very few of them would have tastebuds that would be able to tell the difference.

But I'm not stubborn, I admit that if what you say is true, Mick, then I was wrong.

But my taste still can't tell the difference, and I can usually discern some pretty subtle stuff.

PhillySteve
04-25-2005, 11:38 PM
From what I can taste Tropical seemed to be mango-pineapple and Aruba Jam seems to be strawberry-pineapple. Aruba Jam also has more of a "skittle" taste (like Berryclear) which I'm not fond of. I seem to be in the minority by saying I'd have been happier with Sprite Ice coming here than Aruba Jam.

iluvsurge220
04-26-2005, 11:42 PM
I dont know, maybe u guys are right. Honestly, I don't think that coke would make the same product and give it a new name. AJ and Tropical just taste so similar. I really can't tell any difference at all and I'm usually good at picking out the small details. I apologize if I am wrong. Maybe the two are the same. If they aren't then coke didn't change the formula very much when they made AJ. They are just too similar for me to notice any differences.

XLS_04
04-27-2005, 03:04 AM
it seems like the same formula was used but the taste of the peach/mango or whatever flavor it was has been weakened this time and the strawberry/pineapple taste was increased this time.

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-27-2005, 10:02 AM
I've done some more research, and while concentrating on how it goes down, I can definitely discern a strawberry aftertaste, which is quite lovely. Accordingly, the soda is just the slightest bit sweeter than Tropical.

But honestly, how much more is it than a re-badged, new and improved Tropical?

Not that I'm complaining...

craz22
04-27-2005, 08:00 PM
They are not even close to being the same...There is no Coconut flavor in AJ. Don't let your brain fool your taste buds.

iluvsurge220
04-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Well I'm starting to think that maybe they aren't exactly the same thing, but I will never think that they are completely different. They are very similar in a lot of ways. I guess I am just angry because when I hear that a new pop is coming out I expect something outrageous that I would never imagine. I honestly never thought that anything like Pepsi Blue or Mello Yello Afterglow would ever be created. Names and flavors like that aren't just thought of by everyone all the time, so everytime I hear of a new pop coming out, I expect something completely different, and something with a unique and different taste with a really cool name and color. When I tasted Aruba Jam I was angry because it looked and tasted almost the same as Tropical did. It wasn't different or unique at all. That is what disappointed me.

teamtitan512
04-28-2005, 01:29 AM
I'd call it a tame Tropical. A more refined taste to it. Personally I think I prefer AJ over Tropical, but I'd drink either (I bought quite a stockpile of Tropical). To me, it tastes the same, but is less striking, which isn't a bad thing.

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-29-2005, 11:56 PM
I don't think there was any coconut flavoring in Tropical...

My friend despises coconut, and he downed Tropical like it was his job.

Coke04
06-13-2005, 10:30 PM
It IS Tropical remix. I noticed it before seeing this thread.

yankees26mlb
06-13-2005, 11:08 PM
hell who cares. As long as it tastes good

fusion
06-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Aruba isn't selling half as well as Tropical. Maybe Remix was a one-hit-wonder?

The Interpreter
06-14-2005, 07:39 AM
And Coke just keeps trying to remix stuff til they come up with another hit!

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Aruba Jam has really grown on me since we started this thread way back when.

It's actually quite possible my favorite soda at the moment.

Too bad Coke will eventually scrap it, just like the others, and replace it with some other un-inspiring Remix flavor. :mad:

Oh well, I'll probably like the next one too. tongue.gif

XLS_04
06-14-2005, 09:51 AM
the whole purpose was to create a new flavor every year.

BottleBoss
06-14-2005, 11:06 AM
And Exxon gas stations are really Esso with a new name. WOOOOWWWWW.

iluvsurge220
06-15-2005, 01:33 AM
I didnt know that they were gonna create a new flavor every year! Thats a new one for me. I hope the next one is some kind of citrus flavor like tangerine or orange. Hey even banana might be good.

ecliptic
06-15-2005, 03:48 AM
I hated Tropical, Aruba Jam tastes different.

Anyway. I miss Berry. :(

MD121310
06-18-2005, 12:34 AM
i loooved tropical, when they got rid of it i was ticked. berryclear tasted like a science experiment i did when i was a little kid. i had this"food chemistry" kit, and i made edible slime. berryclear matched the taste perfectly. i like aruba jam a lot, and i think it is pretty similar to tropical from what i remember.