PDA

View Full Version : Coke, Pepsi import Mexican counterparts

fusion
04-25-2005, 05:59 PM
http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/coke/0405/24cokebootleg.html

"Goodson's small experiment, planned for this summer, is to import Mexican Pepsi himself, from a Pepsi bottling plant in Mexico. This way, he'll control the flow of the product in his market instead of letting bootleggers do it.

The new product will be tested in Phoenix in glass bottles with the name Pepsi Special Import and the words Hecho en Mexico, or made in Mexico."

"Coke, too, sees a potential market for those who like a taste of Mexico. At a store called La Hacienda Carniceria Mercado on 18th Street in Phoenix, Coca-Cola Enterprises has stocked its own imported Mexican Coke, in pristine bottles that look little like the much-recycled versions shipped up from Mexico, outside of official channels."

Sea bass
04-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Well I have to say that the Coke from Mexico is the best! A friend of mine brought me a case of 24, 500ml glass bottle Coke's from Mexico. This is the best Coke I've had since the 80's (before the formula change)Is it possible that they never messed around with formulas in Mexico, and this is why it tastes so damn good?!?! I've had Coke from Canada, the US, Britain, Italy, I could go on, but none of these compare to Mexico's!! Viva Mexico! :cool:

The other cool feature is the recycled bottles and wooden tray they came in. I really miss being able to buy bottled soda this way.

karks88
04-27-2005, 12:37 PM
I'd love to have local access to Mexican Coke (and Fresca). I vacationed down there last year and I was more into drinking soda than any alcohol ;)

BottleBoss
04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
It is great. It is easy to find at Mexican supermarkets around this area Karks88. I get it at one beside the Fredercktowne mall In Frederick, maryland. It's called the metro market 2.

fusion
04-27-2005, 09:57 PM
I also found various "Tropical" brand sodas there, and Crush in glass and PET, and Mirinda, and other stuff. They sure do have a lot of crappy 2 liter soda there, too.

BottleBoss
04-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Yea, they have a lot of different sodas in returnable glass from Mexico. Pepsi, Orange Crush, 7 up. It seems to be hit or miss though on what they do stock.