PDA

View Full Version : mountain dew streetzilla?

seanstarwars
04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
I am a new registered user here although i have been checking in on the boards for a few months. Thanks to you guys i was delightfully made aware of the news of Mountain Dew Electrocution and have counted the days till its arrival , which i guess we are past the initial easter time rumored release date. anyway I was driving out of New Orleans heading to Baton Rouge last friday and heard a comercial for a product called Mountain Dew Streetzilla it was on a "rap Station" i was only half way listening to it when they mentioned mountain dew my ears perked up. they mentioned it in reference to basketball skills and mentioned code red and livewire it was a confusing comercial but they stressed the new neon color and release date of this summer. i havent been able to find anything on the net about this . i called pepsi 1 800 number and got a helpful operator but no answer one way or the other about it.I was wondering if anybody out there knows anything /has heard anything about this. i dont know what station i was listening to but have been combing my dial trying to hear it played again on the radio.i have seen some of you Pepsi insiders have info about products before anyone else so maybe you know what i am talking about. test market product? limted edition? or am i going crazy? thanks Sean

fusion
04-26-2005, 01:51 PM
It's probably a basketball tournament.

NewColaLover
04-26-2005, 10:49 PM
My wife told me she heard something on the radio about a Mountain Dew Zilla, but she could not remember what it was about. I looked all over ****** and I have found nothing.

iluvsurge220
04-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah it could be. Maybe it's some kind of new energy drink like a gatorade sort of thing if they mentioned basketball skills. Who knows?

NewColaLover
04-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Hmmm...I have no idea what I mistyped to get censored but that is kinda funny! I am pretty sure it was "the web", but oh well.

fusion
04-27-2005, 08:21 AM
on - line gets censored, for some reason.

Will
05-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm new here, and the only reason why I joined was because of this "Streetzilla" print ad which appeared in Sports Illustrated a few weeks ago. It really bothered me that I heard nothing else about it after i saw that ad. It looked like a great idea, but I couldn't figure out what the hell it was about? It seems to be related to the And1 Mixtape tour, because the SI print ad had 3 basketball players who were giants, stomping around a court. One was drinking Livewire, the other Code Red, while the one in the middle was picking up a Mountain Dew truck and pouring the dew bottles into his mouth. Kinda funny, becuase it looked like a movie poster!

Hope this helps get some more info. I think its kinda wierd for them to promote something and then give no other info for weeks afterwards. I bet most of the people who saw it and were interested probably forgot by now. Poor job on their part...

Cokeologist
05-05-2005, 09:33 PM
So where is Mountain Dew Electrocution???

iluvsurge220
05-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah, really. I'm wondering the same thing.

steveu
05-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Me, too ... as far as wondering about a new Dew.

Not crazy about Code Red, but liked Livewire very much and Pitch Black pretty well.

Hacksaw
05-07-2005, 09:48 PM
I still see a few places with Code Red, but it's getting smaller.

I also saw IBC Root Beer on tap. smile.gif

iluvsurge220
05-08-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm really getting tired of waiting for Electrocution. This has been a terrible year when it comes to new pops coming out, unless you are a fan of diet colas and regular colas with lime and a different kind of sugar in them. Then aruba jam didn't measure up to what I thought it would be. I got excited when I heard about Electrocution. It was actually something different. Not a simple remake of something already out. Now, it hasn't even come out yet. I'm ready for something new.

BottleBoss
05-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Yea, I saw IBC on tap at 7-11. That was a surprise.

swanker
06-11-2005, 07:05 PM
It's some kind of a new drink.It is suppose to come out this summer.

Look In The Tunk
06-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by BottleBoss:
Yea, I saw IBC on tap at 7-11. That was a surprise. It was in conjuction with this "ice cream float" thing seven eleven did this spring, where you would get this open ended lid for your big gulp cup that had ice cream on it, and you'd put the lid on the big gulp cup after you filled it up with root beer, and you'd take the other paper lid off the cup lid and push the ice cream in. It was messy, I'm not even sure if Seven Eleven is still doing the promotion.