04-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Hopefully this link works...

http://pf.channel.aol.com/bw/general/canvas3?id=20050422124709990001

BottleBoss
04-26-2005, 02:49 PM
FoodieLand....???

bigrich
04-27-2005, 12:29 AM
It makes me want to get in the car and make my monthly trip. I know probably two or three dozen people here in Indianapolis that regularly (monthly) travel to Fairfield just to buy groceries there. It is well worth the hour plus trip. I have been buying enough soft drinks and speciality food to last me for about a month. Lately though I have been doing my regular shopping finding that they are not anymore expensive than Kroger, Biggs, Thrifty Acres (Winn Dixie), Target or Walmart.

BottleBoss
04-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Does this place always have a good selection of sodas or is it hit and miss. I want to make a road trip but It's pretty far from Frederick, MD to there to show up and find nothing. Also Stew Leonards stores are neat also if you know about them.

fusion
04-27-2005, 08:55 PM
When I was there a few years back, everything was well stocked. Though I do remember someone posting here on one of the threads about the place being kind of empty. I would probably call ahead and talk to whoever is in charge of beverages.

Some stuff will always be there, because it's handled by the local distributors. But the stuff he brings in from other states and from other countries could be hit and miss.

When I do road trips, I plan multiple stops. When I made that trip, I also hit a store in Akron, the west end market. They also had a small selection of stuff in glass - like Vernor's from Everett WA.

I also stopped at Strangebrew, which was run by a guy who used to post here. I didn't get to meet him, though - but i did leave him a few bottles.

I also stopped at some grocery stores, they have this kickin brand of chips called Mike-Sells, from Columbus.

I also met various people that i know from ******. It was a good trip, except for on the way back when my alternator died. Ugh.