PDA

View Full Version : Cott Soda -- diet root beer

wonkapete
04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
I was at my local mom & pop store yesterday and they had cases of Cott Soda, diet root beer. In the long neck, glass bottles (throwaway, paper labeled bottle)! I thought Cott died in the '60s! Anybody else seen these? Anybody want any?

ithastabeshasta
04-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Cott is the one of largest producers (if not the largest) of private label soda's in the country they also have plants in Canada. As you have found they also produce their own brand. I have found glass longn necks of Root Beer, Cream Soda, Orange and Black Cherry at Pamida stores in Minnesota and Wisconsin this past year your's is the first diet I have heard about though.

[ 04-26-2005, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: ithastabeshasta ]

fusion
04-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Their Cott brand longnecks are also in Super Wallys.. I think they all taste like bottled ass. Watered down and cheap tasting.

BottleBoss
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Cott has showed up at Sprawl Marts in W.V. also. It is a generic Root Beer. At least thats what I thought when I had it. Not bad, but not outstanding.

wonkapete
04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks for all the responses. It's not a brand we see around Alabama.. so it was new to me.

BottleBoss
04-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Wether it is great or not it is still good for us people with old soda machines because the bottles will fit in the racks and dispense from the machine.