PDA

View Full Version : upper 10

Herculon
07-10-1999, 02:57 PM
What has become of Upper 10. One person told me was gone and someone else told me it was still in the triarc portfolio allthough most bottlers don't carry it anymore. Who's right?

Fixx
07-11-1999, 03:20 AM
If Upper 10 is what I think it is, an isotonic. That item was put out to pasture to rot.
Correct me if I am wrong and will gladly admit my error. But I have been all over the country (US and Canada) and havent seen it in a VERY long time.
Later.

Kola_Nut
07-12-1999, 07:02 PM
Upper Ten is a Lemon Lime CSD. It is still in the TriArc (RCCI) lineup and is currently produced in Chicago, IL and Columbus, GA (maybe some other places as well but that is all that I can think of right off of the top of my head). The truth is that with those facilities that hold both Cadbury and RC franchises 7up tends to win out over Upper Ten.

It's a good product, if you see some give it a try.

dr pepperman
08-24-2000, 08:57 PM
It was in an RC vending machine in Sayre Pa until last week when the machine was replaced by a Lipton tea one.

teamtitan512
07-17-2003, 09:37 PM
I saw cans of it produced by RC Winchester a few weeks ago. This little store isn't heavily traveled upon and has a lot of obscure stuff. I don't know how old they were, but RC Winchester has produced 7Up for a while, as in its trade area, most of it has been away from Pepsi for a while.

bigrich
07-17-2003, 11:03 PM
It is still produced by All-American Bottling Company from their Louisville production facility. They have it in all sizes. I also have seen it produced by Royal Crown Cola Bottling Company, Main Office, Chicago, IL, but have only seen it in 2L bottles.

Cheer-wined
12-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Just to update this topic I saw it in Chicago over the weekend in 20oz, Gourmet Pantry @ Michigan & Lake.

chrisok
12-23-2003, 10:49 AM
I saw it (or at least the label for it) on a RC Fountain in Newcastle, OK a couple of weeks ago.

surge_my_afterglow
02-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Upper 10 is found in the Upstate NY region for awhile now in 12oz cans in a pizza shop, so it must be produced.

teamtitan512
02-04-2004, 10:53 PM
It is still around, but I'd say for the most part it's heading nowhere, considering RC is now DPSU, and they already have a big brand in 7Up. In any case, 7Up is going to outsell Upper 10.

DJ Brian
02-04-2004, 11:45 PM
I can confirm that it is available in Upstate NY, bottled by RC Chicago. Apparently distributed by BevPak of Scotia, NY (the 4th tier I guess), which is basically one and the same with Cro-Pak, the 3rd tier bottler of the area. The only cans I have seen bearing the name BevPak were Nehi Grape and Strawberry, and RC Cola. As of recent, I have not been able to find anything with their name.

SplitLevelP
02-15-2004, 02:18 AM
In the capital dist. of ny there is a dollar store chain called "Yankee Dollar" there you will find in 20 oz plastic bottles Upper10 grape & orange Nehi & Cherry RC it shows a Chicago,IL. bottling company which would support what Kola_nut said about it.Palatine Bridge,ny on state route 5 is where the store is that is closest to me it might even be into(possible typo) Neliston,NY.Enjoy smile.gif