PDA

View Full Version : Coke with Lemon arrives in France (with pic)

da987
04-17-2006, 04:38 AM
After it's initial release here in England and Japan. Coca-Cola Lemon as it's called in France has just been released.

I wonder what country it's going to next? And when the hell will Raspberry Coke and Raspberry Diet Coke make it to another country if it was so popular in New Zealand!

http://members.aol.com/da987/coke/frenchcocacolalemon.jpg

popologist
04-17-2006, 09:14 AM
that packaging looks a lot better than the american packaging.

let's hope (for the french's sake) that it tastes better too.

jmyjunk
04-17-2006, 10:34 AM
American packaging?
Do you mean Diet Coke with Lemon?
There never was a Coke with lemon.
And why no Coke Citron?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by da987:
I wonder what country it's going to next? Mexico definetely won't be the next country... and the reason is that lime is more popular than the lemon... in fact there's no beverages with lemon flavor in Mexico... and another reason is the recent disappearing of Coca-Cola Citra (Lime)

da987
04-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Jmyjunk, in every European country Diet Coke with Lemon was called Coca-Cola Light Lemon.

So I guess they have done the same with the regular version.

I think it is only Canada which likes to translate anything remotely English sounding to French, probably because they don't like us English. (we're not that bad are we?) For example.

Diet Coke = Coke Diete
Cherry Coke = Coke Cerise
Diet Coke with Lemon = Coke Light Avec Citron

jmyjunk
04-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Jmyjunk, in every European country Diet Coke with Lemon was called Coca-Cola Light Lemon.

I think it is only Canada which likes to translate anything remotely English sounding to French, probably because they don't like us English. (we're not that bad are we?) For example.

Diet Coke = Coke Diete
Diet Coke with Lemon = Coke Light Avec Citron Well, really Quebec.
I do remember Coke Light Lemon for sure!

da987
04-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Sorry, I guess i just assumed that all of Canada was bi-lingual. Shows how ignorant I am.

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-17-2006, 07:51 PM

Diet Coke = Coke Diete
Diet Coke with Lemon = Coke Light Avec Citron Perhaps it's less because they dislike the English, and more because French is one of Canada's official languages.