PDA

View Full Version : Back from Texas! (my reviews)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Hello everybody! I just returned today from my new year's eve vacation at Laredo and San Antonio, I had such a great time doing a lot of shopping along with my family, and of course drinking a lot of sodas! and I had the chance to drink the new sodas of this year that have been commented a lot here in this board and I had the curiosity all this year to try it, and now I'm gonna give my comments about them:

Vault: Definetely one of the best sodas I tried in this year!, When I tried it, I definetely fell in love of it! Although it doesn't taste exactly like Mello Yello or its mexican version (Beat), It's absoultely great! I drank three bottles of Vault during my trip and I brought three more for home :D I give it two thumbs up!

Coca-Cola Blak: I bought an 8 oz. bottle, IMO it tastes good, in fact tastes like the mexican Pepsi with Coffee but less sweet and a little stronger aftertaste...

Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream: I had to wait until San Antonio to try it, cause in Laredo there was only the regular and diet versions, it tastes very good too! it tasted like a berry cake!

Diet Pepsi Jazz Strawberries and Cream: I tried it too and also I had to wait until San Antonio to try it cause I couldn't find it in Laredo, It's good too, It tasted like Diet Pepsi with Creme savers on it...

Mountain Dew LiveWire: The best Mountain Dew extension I tried, IMO better than Code Red! the mix of orange soda and Mountain Dew is awesome!

Also I drank some bottles and refills of Coca-Cola Classic, Coca-Cola Zero, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper and Nestea Raspberry...

Some sightings from Laredo:

- Dr. Pepper is only available in diet and regular versions, not cherry vanilla nor berries and cream and neither its respective diet versions and it comes in the DPSU bottle.
- I only saw one bottle of Diet Coke with Splenda in a C-store... in fact it was the only bottle I saw in all the journey...
- There's a lot of mexican sodas in Laredo but with american packaging: Jarritos, Barrilitos (soon will become a Coca-Cola product), Victoria, Mundet, Topo Chico Mineral Water, Topo Chico flavors (now renamed Topo Sabores) and the mexican Coca-Cola with the non returnable 355 ml bottle...
- There's Red Flash in 20 oz. bottles
- There's Fanta in all its flavors, including apple in all their sizes...
- There's Pibb Xtra and also I saw some 12 oz. packs of Pibb Zero at Wal-Mart.
- No Vanilla Coke :(

Sightings in San Antonio:
- Dr. Pepper it's available in all it's versions (except diet Berries and Cream) and still comes in it's old bottle, it haven't arrived there the new bottle...
- Coca-Cola Zero still has the old logo in the 20 oz. bottle labels, but I saw a lot of 12 packs in black with the holiday design and also some with the new logo, I saw a can with the black logo, it looks cool!
- No Diet Coke with Splenda...
- Fanta it's available in all its core flavors...
- Tropicana Twister Citrus is available there...
- No Vanilla Coke neither :(

and I brought for home... 26 SODAS!:

20 oz. bottles of
Coca-Cola Classic (5 bottles)
Coca-Cola Zero (4 bottles)
Vault (3 bottles)
Dasani (2 bottles)
Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla (2 bottles)
Sprite with the new logo
Fanta Orange
Fanta Pineapple
Pibb Zero
Dr. Pepper with the new logo
Mountain Dew LiveWire
and a can of Sprite

and during some road breaks I bought:
From Monterrey:
A 600 ml bottle of Coca-Cola
600 ml bottle of Joya Apple
12 oz. can of Joya Grape

[ 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

iluvsurge220
01-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow that is a lot of pop. It sounds like you had a great time!! I'm glad you finally got to try all of these. I bet it was hard waiting that long LOL!!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Definetely I had a great time! and it as you said it was hard waiting for a whole year to try Vault... but the wait was really worthful! smile.gif

rackitup
01-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Good for you Ramon,

Sounds like you found EVERYTHING you were looking for.

Great review.

I still have not tried Vault,(the one I bought expired), and I tried to buy some in OR. and it had the same date as the one I bought in LA.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks! smile.gif ... I wanted to try Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash also but it wasn't available anymore... but whatever, it wasn't so important...

10*2*4
01-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey Ramon.....DPSU in Texas will be coming out with Penafiel in the near future.....what do you know of it?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Peñafiel is one of the best-selling sodas here in Mexico, here it's available in a lot of versions: mineral water, tonic water, fruit sodas (sangria, mandarin, grapefruit, strawberry, apple, golden apple and peach), Twist line -mineral water with a hint of fruit flavor- (available in lime and mandarin), Naturel line -fruit sodas with sucralose-(strawberry, lime, apple, grapefruit and orange) and the new Hogar line -low carbonated sodas with low calories- (melon, mango and lime)

To know more visit:
http://www.cadburymexico.com.mx/hthml-accesible/default.asp

IMO the best is the naturel line... do DPSU will release all the versions or just the mineral water and fruit sodas?

[ 01-04-2007, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

jacksmom
01-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Glad to hear you finally got to try Vault - I think perhaps sometimes waiting for something that much longer makes it taste even better! I just had a Vault this morning. Also, I didn't realize you'd never tried Livewire before. They recently changed the formula of it - it tastes less orangy to me, but I still like it a lot. Do you know if yours was the new or old formula (the new formula has black shading on the can, the old one is just all orange can)? Glad you had a soda filled holiday! smile.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by jacksmom:
Glad to hear you finally got to try Vault - I think perhaps sometimes waiting for something that much longer makes it taste even better! I just had a Vault this morning. Also, I didn't realize you'd never tried Livewire before. They recently changed the formula of it - it tastes less orangy to me, but I still like it a lot. Do you know if yours was the new or old formula (the new formula has black shading on the can, the old one is just all orange can)? Glad you had a soda filled holiday! smile.gif Thank you! yes, it's true, Vault tasted a lot better than I expected because of the wait!... and about the formula of MD LiveWire, I don't know if it was the old or new formula, but what I perfectly remember is that the 20 oz. bottle I drank had the new label, and also I searched for the ones with recent fresh date to taste it better, cause there was another bottles with due date and old label...

[ 01-06-2007, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

rackitup
01-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jacksmom:
Glad to hear you finally got to try Vault - I think perhaps sometimes waiting for something that much longer makes it taste even better! I just had a Vault this morning. Also, I didn't realize you'd never tried Livewire before. They recently changed the formula of it - it tastes less orangy to me, but I still like it a lot. Do you know if yours was the new or old formula (the new formula has black shading on the can, the old one is just all orange can)? Glad you had a soda filled holiday! smile.gif Thank you! yes, it's true, Vault tasted a lot better than I expected because of the wait!... and about the formula of MD LiveWire, I don't know if it was the old or new formula, but what I perfectly remember is that the 20 oz. bottle I drank had the new label, and also I searched for the ones with recent fresh date to taste it better, cause there was another bottles with due date and old label... </font>[/QUOTE]I finally found a 1 ltr. that was inside of code,
It was OK, it tasted like Sprite and Mtn Dew mixed together, I am not sure of the Energy in it, I drank 3 or 4 ounces.