PDA

View Full Version : Vault vending machines?

Doug
04-18-2006, 10:40 PM
http://www.vaultkicks.org/amyers_vend1.jpg

Saw it on vaultkicks.org, that's the first time I've ever seen a Vault vending machine, anyone else seen one around?

popologist
04-18-2006, 11:03 PM
looks cool.

what's in it?

powerade? vault? dasani? full throttle?

iluvsurge220
04-19-2006, 12:01 AM
That looks really awesome!!! I remember the Surge machines and they were really cool!! I hope that they have Vault machines all over the place one day. Id like to see one in person. Oh and I wonder why Vault isn't the top drink on the machine? It doesnt look like it is. Don't they usually put the pop on top that the machine is displaying?

Mr Zabe
04-19-2006, 12:24 AM
That picture is pin up material. LOL
Outstanding indeed!!!!

Doug
04-19-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
That picture is pin up material. LOL
Outstanding indeed!!!! LOL do you need some time alone after seeing that pic LOL?

Mr Zabe
04-19-2006, 08:49 AM
LMAO
It's not quite "pictures of Lilly".LOL
(Line from an early Who song.LOL)

Smoothcat
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Here in my town, we have a Vault machine outside our Wal-Mart (where I work). It has just a regular lineup of Coke products, I believe. Has both Vault and Vault Zero, in 20 oz. bottles. No Mello Yello though :(

I don't even remember what kind of machine it replaced. I think it was a Coca-Cola machine, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Here in Mexico you'll only see Coke vending machines, no Fanta, no Sprite, no Coke Light, no Powerade vending machines... once in Leon I saw Ciel vending machines but not anymore...

[ 04-19-2006, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

fusion
04-19-2006, 02:30 PM
All they are doing in most cases is replacing the front of the machine. You open the first door, unscrew a few things, break a few other plastic things, and install the new front, and put everything back together. Our cold drink manager is really pushing the new fronts.

drpep
04-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I saw one but forgot where.

RoyalTech
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
I think dow is printing the new decals. I haven't seen any leave the factory with that decal. Might be a third party having them printed.

yankees26mlb
04-24-2006, 02:36 PM
saw one outside walmart.

yankees26mlb
04-24-2006, 02:44 PM
and why is NY so much more expensive. Our vending machine sodas always cost a dollar or more. There are no sodas, including vault, under a dollar in pretty much any stores. I see a can of coke on that pic is 50 cents

Skynet
04-24-2006, 03:13 PM
There are some around campus here, I go to unc charlotte.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
All they are doing in most cases is replacing the front of the machine. You open the first door, unscrew a few things, break a few other plastic things, and install the new front, and put everything back together. Our cold drink manager is really pushing the new fronts. You're right... one example happened here in a vending machine in "El Parian", Coke bottlers replaced the front of the machine (that was really really old, around the beginning of the 90's) and they replaced it for a brand new front with the "Toma lo bueno" graphics... :D but the sides still have the 90's graphics, they haven't changed it yet... :rolleyes:

[ 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-24-2006, 05:01 PM
lol... here we have a coke machine outside of a dry cleaners, one side has a coke panel, the other side has a diet coke panel, and the front is a pepsi panel... and it has sodas from all the big 3 bottlers...

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
lol... here we have a coke machine outside of a dry cleaners, one side has a coke panel, the other side has a diet coke panel, and the front is a pepsi panel... and it has sodas from all the big 3 bottlers... :eek: YIPES! a really weird vending machine :D lol

[ 04-25-2006, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Skynet
04-25-2006, 03:10 PM
That's got to be a rarity, all 3 of the big ones in one machine. Got any pictures? I want to see this!

iluvsurge220
04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
The one thing I hate about machines, especially the older ones, is... lets say you wanted an Upper 10 or Canada Dry or something, and it gave you an RC or an A & W Root Beer. That's just an example, but you know what I mean.

fusion
04-25-2006, 09:58 PM
At the K-Mart in Uniontown, PA, I got Cotton Club flavors from a machine that had buttons for Nehi flavors.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-25-2006, 10:04 PM
no, sorry, my digicam died a horrible and tragic death of hitting concrete from 6 feet up... :(

anyways, i asked them about it, and they said that they baught a bunch of old parts, bill validator, panels, etc and assembled it all together, and they just go to the store and buy their favorite drinks to put in it

our kmart has a fruitopia machine, but threre is none in the machine, just lots of powerade

[ 04-25-2006, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Rob The SURGE Drinker ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
no, sorry, my digicam died a horrible and tragic death of hitting concrete from 6 feet up... :( OMG! :eek: that's terrible!

I hope you find soon a new digicam smile.gif

Doug
04-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
At the K-Mart in Uniontown, PA, I got Cotton Club flavors from a machine that had buttons for Nehi flavors. There's one at the Pathmark on Lancaster Pike I was at yesterday. I pushed the button for Mountain Dew and out pops a Schweppes Ginger Ale...:-/

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-26-2006, 12:00 AM
When I was a kid, I wanted to try the american Coca-Cola Classic, so once I saw a vending machine with a Coca-Cola Classic sticker and I thought "OMG! this vending machine has Coke Classic, so I pushed the button and no Coke Classic...a mexican Coke can came out... duh!...

And for example the Coca-Cola bottler in the past San Marcos fair, ran out of Coca-Cola stickers for the vending machines in the fair, so they placed Coca-Cola vanilla stickers but they covered the word "vanilla" with a permanent marker... or in some vending machines they place Green Apple Manzana Lift stickers but when you push the button on it, a regular Manzana Lift cames out...