PDA

View Full Version : pepsi summer mix

jerr2429
01-04-2007, 06:43 PM
at our sales meeting we were able to try pepsi summer mix which is a tropical pepsi in regular and diet available from may to august 07 it tasted like someone poured luquid life saver into a glass of pepsi, caramel and creme jazz which tates like its name but is very very sweet, and we also tried hazelnut frappucino which tates very strong. mug cream, dt schwepps ginger, strawberry twister, citrus twister, and pepsi lime are being dicontinued.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
mug cream soda? really? aww, dang, thats a halfway decent cream soda, for being big 3. and citrus twister has been gone for a while here.

Blue Efficacy
01-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Are these being DC'd at the bottler level, or nationally?

iluvsurge220
01-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Dang, I guess I will never get to try the Citrus twister. :(

David J.
01-05-2007, 01:32 AM
It tasted like HFCS and Yellow 5. You aren't missing a thing.

It was in my area for a few weeks, the same with Grape. Strawberry never even made it here. Now, I interned at a food pantry. And it took a month to give away all of the Citrus Twister that pepsi gave us, which was well over 30 cases of 20oz bottles.

I think the dollar store has a few 2 liters that aren't going anywhere. On the other hand... Mug Creme is pretty good, but the local brands (Polar and Adirondack) are far cheaper, easier to buy and taste better. I just had a glass of Adirondack creme. Good stuff.

jerr2429
01-05-2007, 12:55 PM
as far as i know it is national, but some private pepsi bottlers may decide to keep it, pbg is geting rid of all that stuff.

drpep
03-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Hey this answers my question.

mofizz
03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
as far as i know it is national, but some private pepsi bottlers may decide to keep it, pbg is geting rid of all that stuff.

It's a Limited Time Offering. Independents couldn't keep it if they wanted.

SURGE
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Sad to see Citrus Twister go bye-bye I think the terrible logo didn't help. I swear that somebody at Pepsi only kills brands I like!

XLS_04
03-20-2007, 03:59 AM
I liked Tropicana Trister Citrus and also Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash which are both not available here anymore, was Cranberry Splash a limited edition?

as far as Mug Creme Soda, I am VERY suprised that is being discontinued and I am very disapointed with Tropcana Twiter Citrus being discontinued as well!

mofizz
03-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I liked Tropicana Trister Citrus and also Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash which are both not available here anymore, was Cranberry Splash a limited edition?

as far as Mug Creme Soda, I am VERY suprised that is being discontinued and I am very disapointed with Tropcana Twiter Citrus being discontinued as well!

That particular bottler may be discontinuing Mug cream soda but i'm confident it is not going away nation wide. We sell a ton of it here! Cranberry Splash Mist is coming back for the Thanksgiving-Christmas season this year. Maybe they will keep it around this time. Maybe not.

People need to realize there are about 100 different Pepsi franchise owners in the United States. Each franchise makes thier own decisions regarding product portfolio. For example, some bottlers do not even carry 24 pack cubes! It is also important to know that the Coke system is a bit different in the sense it is much more aligned. Thats why you see new Coke products almost everywhere when they are launched. Some Pepsi bottlers with the exception of PBG and PAS are a bit behind when it comes to lauching every new product at the exact same time.

XLS_04
03-21-2007, 04:41 AM
That particular bottler may be discontinuing Mug cream soda but i'm confident it is not going away nation wide. We sell a ton of it here! Cranberry Splash Mist is coming back for the Thanksgiving-Christmas season this year. Maybe they will keep it around this time. Maybe not.

People need to realize there are about 100 different Pepsi franchise owners in the United States. Each franchise makes thier own decisions regarding product portfolio. For example, some bottlers do not even carry 24 pack cubes! It is also important to know that the Coke system is a bit different in the sense it is much more aligned. Thats why you see new Coke products almost everywhere when they are launched. Some Pepsi bottlers with the exception of PBG and PAS are a bit behind when it comes to lauching every new product at the exact same time.

Oh okay thanks. I understand what you mean about some bottlers not introducing stuff on time. We still don't have Caramel Creme Jazz here yet.

As far as Cranberry Splash comming back out again this is great news, this time I will stock up since last time I did not know it was a limited edition.

mofizz
03-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, Cranberry Splash was pretty awsome stuff. We made the mistake last fall of not ordering near enough.