PDA

View Full Version : coke's 1st quarter case volume up 5%, dividend up 11%

popologist
04-19-2006, 02:17 PM
this is mostly financial mumble jumble, but... for those interested:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060419/clw043.html?.v=51

powerade, dasani, coke zero and diet coke with splenda seemed to be leading the charge.

fusion
04-19-2006, 02:26 PM
The article also mentions some new items, including Simply Lemonade. There is also a Simply Limeade, made from 12% lime juice and real sugar. That stuff is excellent!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-19-2006, 02:27 PM
It's good to know that Coca-Cola numbers are getting better... :D

jmyjunk
04-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
The article also mentions some new items, including Simply Lemonade. There is also a Simply Limeade, made from 12% lime juice and real sugar. That stuff is excellent! I recently bought a bottle of Simply Lemonade, and must say it is gooooood!
The ingredients are simple as well, and it is not cut with grape juice like some commerical lemonades are!

popologist
04-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
It's good to know that Coca-Cola numbers are getting better... :D i knew you'd have something to smile about here. ;)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
WEEEEE!

My 2005 The Coca-Cola Company Annual Report just arrived today! Direct from the Coca-Cola Company headquarters in Atlanta, GA to my home in Aguascalientes, Ags. Mexico!

This Annual Report is Awesome!

Order yours HERE! (http://www2.coca-cola.com/investors/annualandotherreports/2005/orderReports.html)

[ 04-19-2006, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

popologist
04-20-2006, 11:05 PM
here's a related story from bloomberg news saying that profits are up 10% for the quarter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/20/business/20coke.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

The King
04-21-2006, 06:19 AM
Wow, I didn't realize that Coke owned Simply Orange, I guess I should have guessed since Simply Orange usually goes on sale when Minute Maid does.

Good stuff, I find myself buying it more than Tropicana Pure Premium Grovestand, which had been my OJ of choice for the last decade. I buy whichever one is cheaper when one is on sale, but when they're the same price, I go with Simply Orange these days.

Mr Zabe
04-21-2006, 09:11 AM
I only buy Tropicana Premium in the 8oz 6pks.
I hate fiddling with those bloody screw caps. LOL
I have tried just about all the other brands. Every once in a while I do enjoy a store brand from concentrate OJ. I get off on super cheap sales. LOL

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
BTW...OMG! Those Minute Maid juices are sooo delicious... specially the peach and mango nectars, it's such an amazing thing that Minute Maid now is available in Mexico too smile.gif smile.gif

http://www.milenio.com/MediaCenter/Fotos/2006/Abril/5/d20f1OR.jpg

popologist
04-23-2006, 07:24 AM
i haven't tried Simply Orange (i don't really buy juices), but... when i did, i have to agree that tropicana tasted more like real oranges than minute maid. so, maybe, Simply Orange is coke's answer to tropicana.

Originally posted by The King:
Wow, I didn't realize that Coke owned Simply Orange, I guess I should have guessed since Simply Orange usually goes on sale when Minute Maid does.

Good stuff, I find myself buying it more than Tropicana Pure Premium Grovestand, which had been my OJ of choice for the last decade. I buy whichever one is cheaper when one is on sale, but when they're the same price, I go with Simply Orange these days.

Mr Zabe
04-23-2006, 07:46 AM
I think I may of said this in a previous thread from yesterday? If so,sorry. I gave Simply Orange a fair trial. I brought and drank it about 4 different times. I'm a sale shopper. LOL Anyhow,I must be brain washed,S.O. just did not even come close to Tropicana Premium.

To be fair, certain times of the year, the oranges that are use for premium juice (not from concentrate) vary in sweetness. A few times during the premium juice is completely awesome. I mean it tasts like you siting on a Golf of Mexico beach in Florida, sucking down OJ of the sun g-ds. LOL

Maybe I caught S.O. in between peek sweetness orange periods?

[ 04-23-2006, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]