PDA

View Full Version : coke zero... rising...?

popologist
01-04-2007, 11:20 PM
according to this bevnet article, coke zero is going to get the BIG push in 07... in attempt to transform it into a mega-brand. according to the article, coke zero now has a 1% market share... up 154% in the first 9 months of 06. ;)

read the full article here:

http://bevnet.com/news/2007/01-04-2007-Coke_Zero.asp

billygtexas
01-06-2007, 07:32 AM
That is fantastic news for Coke Zero fans. I believe that a lot of Zero's new success is due to good ol' word of mouth rather than from Coke's silly "Everybody Chill" advertising. Now I'm wondering if this is a clear sign that Coke isn't going to promote Diet Coke as much in the near future?

The new Zero black & silver design really stands out, and I got my fingers crossed that the new Cherry and Vanilla extensions taste great. The diet soda rookie of the year is quickly gonna become a Top 10 all star.

popologist
01-06-2007, 09:21 AM
coke zero's success (in the US) is totally due to good word-of-mouth.

it's actually already a HUGE success in Australia (where it's already the #4 soda) and the UK. i think it got a bigger push in those two countries though.

as for its new launch... i hope it helps too. then i won't have to worry about it being pulled like so many of coke's other new products.

i think they should continue to push diet coke as well. i mean, both are still competing with pepsi, diet pepsi and pepsi one. and, most likely, pepsi isn't just going to stand by and allow coke to continue to steal market share without a fight.

as for the new flavors... i hope they bring new fans in... without fragmenting coke zero's market share too much. i'd really like to see coke zero crack the top 10 next year. it's close this year, but probably won't make the cut (because it hasn't been available in restaurants and soda machines much).

[ 01-06-2007, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

fusion
01-06-2007, 05:30 PM
My guess is that Cherry Coke Zero will siphon off drinkers from Diet Cherry Coke and Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, and possibly even some from regular Cherry Coke.

And if the numbers for Cherry are added with the numbers for Zero (like they do with some brands, like Fanta), I could see that pushing Zero into the top ten by the end of 2007.

[ 01-06-2007, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Coca-Cola Zero is seriously rising, I just read in a website of a newspaper from Argentina, that Coca-Cola Zero will be released today in Argentina... it hope this would push the release of Coca-Cola Zero in Mexico...

http://www.lavoz.com.ar/07/01/08/secciones/economia/nota.asp?nota_id=33963

[ 01-08-2007, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

RookieCAF
01-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I hope it gets a push and people buy the stuff. I love the product, and a well done cherry or vanilla extension would be awesome.