PDA

View Full Version : thank you all

MISTICman
05-05-2005, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all those who helped me with the beverage tips on my DC trip. I unfortunately didn't get to drive to Philly. I did find some good stuff though:
Tropical Carrot Mistic
Mango Carrot Mistic
Strawberry Banana Mistic
Orange Cabana Banana Mistic (have to ask my distributor about this new one!)
Dad's Root Beery
Strawberry Welch's in cans

And guess what? I couldn't go to the concert I wanted to see because the lead singer caught the flu. I may be going back the beginning of June! If so, I'm buying a whole load of Orange Cabana Banana if I can't get it here.
Again, thank you all.

fusion
05-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Where did you stop? Any good stores to report on?

MISTICman
05-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Lesse...
I stopped at Ukrops, Giant, and Shoppers. Giant had more Mistic than I thought and had the Mango and Tropical Carrot Mistics I can't get here. Shoppers had the Strawberry Banana and one store had a shelf tag for the Orange Cabana Banana but had none on the shelf. I also stopped at a couple 7-11s and a couple of independent mini-marts. Overall, I'd say that one of the Shoppers that was deeper into Maryland was the best store. It looked like it had every Mistic available except for the sparkling ones and the Orange Cabana Banana (I just like saying that) and the Guava Colada (which I don't recomend). I went to like 4 or 5 Shoppers, so I can't remember which one. If I go back, I'm selling a couple stores out of that last flavor.
One thing I left out that I bought was Diet Barq's root beer, but that was for a co-worker.

MISTICman
05-06-2005, 12:08 PM
OOPs, I should have proofread before I sent....I men't I'd sell a couple stores out of the Orange Cabana Banana Mistic, not the Guava Colada.

BottleBoss
05-06-2005, 01:52 PM
What concert were you going to see?

MISTICman
05-10-2005, 01:21 AM
I WAS going to see Erasure in DC, but that has been postponed to the 6th and 7th of June. So I can get to go back and get some more Orange Cabana Banana!

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-10-2005, 03:50 PM
erasure = good stuff.

drpep
05-10-2005, 11:17 PM
If the band Elkland is opening, they are from my neck of the woods. I think they suck.

Look In The Tunk
05-11-2005, 12:43 AM
I haven't even thought about Mistic until you brought it up. I was surprised to see that my Farm Fresh still had some. I'm sure they're expired though. (like everything that's not a soda in the cold case)

MISTICman
05-20-2005, 02:49 AM
Hey Run....at least someone else in the US has good taste in music.

orangemoon
05-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Misticman, I enjoyed reading your notes on Mistic. I worked there as a formulator and wanted to know what you thought of "strawmato" (discontinued?)

glassbottlesrule
05-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Erasure, wow still around? Used to be really into that back in the day. Was more of a New Order, Joy Division type of guy myself. Course they were all kinda the same thing. Preferred Oingo Boingo and The,The though.

MISTICman
05-21-2005, 02:22 AM
orangemoon...
what was strawmato? was that the flavor that i heard was supposed to have tomato juice? if so, i have never even seen it! the distributor down here in nc is a whole lot more ga-ga over snapple than mistic. i would have tried it though!

MISTICman
05-21-2005, 02:26 AM
glass....
yeah, erasure is still around and never broken up. they're's still talk of another new album in the making. they've been together for 21 yrs now. odd once you think of it....a gay man and a straight man staying together longer than most marriages. :)

fusion
06-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Strawmato was spotted today at Farmer's Foods on Business 58 in South Hill VA. It was in a Mistic cooler that was tucked back in the corner of the produce section.

Circle Sales is the distributor.

http://www.circlesales.com/

MISTICman
06-09-2005, 09:27 PM
LOL...of course...
The day I get back from driving from DC a second time, a flavor i haven't tried gets spotted on the way. I still have a few days off. I may try to get up there Monday. I'ts just over the border, so it won't be that long of a drive. Thanks fusion! I wanna give this one a try. Oh!, by the way, was it in a regular Mistic bottle, or a carafe like the Carrot flavors?

fusion
06-09-2005, 10:46 PM
A carafe, if I remember correctly. I didn't really get a chance to study the cooler all that well. I was just surprised that I saw that flavor!

Directions: (in case you aren't familiar)

85N to 58W to Business 58W. Store is on the left side of the street. There is also a Shell station on the other side of the interstate. Take 58E, then you have to cross over the highway, since the store is on the westbound side - they had a shelf of Mistic as well.

Maybe Circle Sales will sell to you direct? Or point you in the direction of the places they sell a lot of Mistic?