PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Blak IMC campaign

scottw0
04-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Hello, I am interested to know what Fitzgerald & Co have done with the new Coca-Cola Blak advertising campaign, but as I live in Australia, I can't see any of the ads.

I am writing an assignment on this topic, and was wondering, has anyone seen any of the ads? I've seen the 15 sec teaser, but that is it.

What media are used? Also, what themes and subjects are used - what is the pitch?

Please, if anyone can take a minute to give me a hand, I would really appreciate it!!

Cheers.

Lepke
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I have not seen a single advertisement for Coke Blak anywhere. But just because I have not seen it does not mean it does not exist somewhere in the states.

It would appear (to me anyway) they have gone the public relations route as opposed to more costly advertising on this new extension.

There have been many news reports all over the country in print, radio and television media, both locally and nationally.
They seem to be sending a lot of press kits.

I don’t think this new product will succeed although it has created a buzz and is keeping the coca-cola name on peoples lips. If not the product it self at least the brand.

popologist
04-20-2006, 12:22 PM
they should offer it at mcdonald's and cinnabon for breakfast.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Cinnabon taste better with HOT CHOCOLATE! OMG, what a beautiful days in America! tongue.gif

Mr Zabe
04-20-2006, 12:34 PM
IMO
Are you making a statement of the lack of refinement of the customer's of McDonalds and Cinnamon? LMAO

A poor quality/tasting beverage will taste bad no mater where it's sold. I would bet the corporate chefs and food mangers of these two restaurants would not pass approval of their sale at the store level. The idea is to keep customers very satisfied with all elements of the dinning experience.

Coke Blac IMO would do the opposite. Just my two cents.

scottw0
04-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Cheers Lepke - I appreciate it mate.

Doug
04-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
IMO
Are you making a statement of the lack of refinement of the customer's of McDonalds and Cinnamon? LMAO

A poor quality/tasting beverage will taste bad no mater where it's sold. I would bet the corporate chefs and food mangers of these two restaurants would not pass approval of their sale at the store level. The idea is to keep customers very satisfied with all elements of the dinning experience.

Coke Blac IMO would do the opposite. Just my two cents. Yeah...the last thing you want to do to retired people that eat at McDonald's for breakfast is overcharge them for an inferior beverage...all hell will break loose

Doug
04-21-2006, 12:06 AM
And I've seen about 2 or 3 Blak advertisements on tv. Our Coke vendor told me Coke purchased spots for the last 3 weeks in March of American Idol on Tuesdays

Mr Zabe
04-21-2006, 12:26 AM
ok...Let's see besides a good amount of people in the 26 to 55 age group;why would Coca Cola spend big bucks at the 13 to 25 year old demographic on a brand like Coke Blac. What average kind is going to pluck down a $1.75 for an 8oz bottle of bitter sweet coffee carbonated mess of a drink?

I do not understand this approach. I thought young people like sweet caffeinated soda pop like Vault. I swear if a practically soda pop idiot like myself can figure this out then Coca Cola may be in need of a shake up in their marketing and advertising departments.

[ 04-21-2006, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Doug
04-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
ok...Let's see besides a good amount of people in the 26 to 55 age group;why would Coca Cola spend big bucks at the 13 to 25 year old demographic on a brand like Coke Blac. What average kind is going to pluck down a $1.75 for an 8oz bottle of bitter sweet coffee carbonated mess of a drink?

I do not understand this approach. I thought young people like sweet caffeinated soda pop like Vault. I swear if a practically soda pop idiot like myself can figure this out then Coca Cola may be in need of a shake up in their marketing and advertising departments. I see Vault heavily advertised to my graphic (guy addicted to ESPN, and who watches every phillies and eagles game), heavy advertising on ESPN and the deuce...

As for the Blak in American Idol, it's the highest rated show every single week, so besides simply getting the product out there to a large mass of people, The people that will watch every week(the junkies are usually in the 13-30 range are the ones I always see at Starbucks, day and night.
Though a show like AI appeals to so many different people and gets ratings so high that if you just want a product to be known, advertise it on that slot. Plus, Coke has been sponsoring AI every year of its existance, they even have a sit-down area where they talk to the contestans, where the background is 2 tv displays showing the red contour bottle design and the color red all around it, with bubbles and the coke logo making appearances

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Doug:

As for the Blak in American Idol, it's the highest rated show every single week, so besides simply getting the product out there to a large mass of people, The people that will watch every week(the junkies are usually in the 13-30 range are the ones I always see at Starbucks, day and night.
Though a show like AI appeals to so many different people and gets ratings so high that if you just want a product to be known, advertise it on that slot. Plus, Coke has been sponsoring AI every year of its existance, they even have a sit-down area where they talk to the contestans, where the background is 2 tv displays showing the red contour bottle design and the color red all around it, with bubbles and the coke logo making appearances No doubt about it... I watch it every week too...

BTW... those "Coke side of life" graphics in the TVs in the background...they're COOL! :D

[ 04-21-2006, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]