PDA

View Full Version : Benzene Study's

Spartan Dan
04-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Im doing more research on the effects of Benzene. When Vitamin C is mixed with Sodium Benzoate or Potassium Benzoate, the reaction forms a chemical known as Benzene, in some cases. And benzene is known for its cancer causing effects. Im looking up any soda's or Energy drinks that may contain Vitamin C and Sodium Benzoate in them. If you know of any, please respond to this message. The FDA is working on it. And they're going to try to ban drinks or foods with these ingrediants from schools, offices, and stores. I already know of Monster Lo Carb.
:mad:

fusion
04-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I hope you at least learn to spell studies right, before you write your paper.

Benzene occurs naturally in many instances.

Spartan Dan
04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Typo. I tend to type fast. And im not writing any paper. Its just home research. Im heading to college in the summer. Ill write my papers there.

Doug
04-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by fusion:

Benzene occurs naturally in many instances. As does many other carcinogens

Mr Zabe
04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
IMO...There are so many unknown chemical reactions(with the food and drink we consume) take place in the human body; that worrying over them is sort of silly. If I have made it this far in life than so be it. If I were to drop dead with a Benzene reaction then at least I will have enjoyed myself.

Some times ( I believe) the worry of something is more deadly that the consumption of something. Food for thought. smile.gif

[ 04-21-2006, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
04-21-2006, 12:43 PM
come on now Zabe. It is scientific proof that worrying about something does work. 98% of the things that get worried about don't happen. :D

[ 04-21-2006, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]

Mr Zabe
04-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Ok Saint you've got me there. LOL Actually that is very true.

Spartan Dan
04-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I agree with Mr Zabe's first statement. Id rather die ignorant than knowing. Because if I knew of the issue, and i still died from it, that means there was nothing i could do about it. And not having any control over my own death, would completely suck. If the FDA is so worried about it, im sure they will do something about it themselves.

Spartan Dan
04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Didnt the guy who sang dont worry, be happy, kill himself?

Mr Zabe
04-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Urban Legon (http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/mcferrin.htm)

Bobby McFerrin is not dead. See above link.