PDA

View Full Version : So I took a little day trip today...

Blue Efficacy
01-06-2007, 11:54 PM
I drove up to the middle of the state to go gambling today. I scored a 12 pack of Ruby Red Squirt and Mug Cream soda. Also, I bought a 20 oz Dr Pepper made by Coke (Pepsi makes it at home) and I don't know if it was the angle bottle, or a stupid placebo effect, or if it was ligit, but I thought the Coke DP had a better flavor. Of course I am in love with the angle bottle. It definitely stood out in the cooler.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Great review! I've never tried the DP from Pepsi, but the DP from Coke tastes better! thanks for posting!

[ 01-06-2007, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

golee1
01-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Also, I bought a 20 oz Dr Pepper made by Coke (Pepsi makes it at home) and I don't know if it was the angle bottle, or a stupid placebo effect, or if it was ligit, but I thought the Coke DP had a better flavor. [/QB]It's not your imagination; many people feel that non-pepsi Dr Pepper is better. Here the Dr Pepper buys their Dr Pepper from Pepsi in Roanoke, but they get their Sunkist, A&W and RC From RC Winchester, which sucks because Dr Pepper made by RC Winchester has a far superior taste.

Blue Efficacy
01-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Another interesting fact is, for Dr Pepper flavors in 20oz, they had Cherry vanilla (reg only) and reg and diet berries and cream.

In my area they just scaled back to only diet cherry vanilla...

Blue Efficacy
01-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by golee1:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Also, I bought a 20 oz Dr Pepper made by Coke (Pepsi makes it at home) and I don't know if it was the angle bottle, or a stupid placebo effect, or if it was ligit, but I thought the Coke DP had a better flavor. It's not your imagination; many people feel that non-pepsi Dr Pepper is better. Here the Dr Pepper buys their Dr Pepper from Pepsi in Roanoke, but they get their Sunkist, A&W and RC From RC Winchester, which sucks because Dr Pepper made by RC Winchester has a far superior taste. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]So does Pepsi make Dr Pepper in the angle bottle for the DP distributor, or a swirl bottle?

golee1
01-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Swirl

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-08-2007, 04:08 PM
When I was in Laredo, I saw Dr. Pepper in the DPSU bottle (the one that uses 7up, RC Cola, Big Red, etc.) and only in regular and diet versions... I didn't saw any bottle of regular or diet B&CVP and CVDP there...