PDA

View Full Version : Status of SURGE, Mello Yello and dNL?

Paul Panks
05-13-2005, 02:57 AM
I'm pretty sure SURGE has been discontinued for awhile (wrote Coke about it, and they replied in kind, saying that it was).

As for Mello Yello, I don't know, and I recall it having a similar taste to SURGE (which I loved!).

Finally, is dNL still in stores? I liked that one as well.

Paul

Bos834
05-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Mello Yello isn't dead. I had it at Subway Yesterday. (kingston Rhode Island.)

jblaviback
05-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Both Mello Yellow are still sold in Most areas in Minnesota.

jblaviback
05-13-2005, 10:06 AM
What I meant above was both mellow yellow and dnl or still sold in most of Minnesota.

Look In The Tunk
05-13-2005, 01:03 PM
I haven't seen dnl in my parts since December, maybe.

Mello Yello can be found in VA. It seemed that when surge was on the shelves, Mello Yello got put on the backburner out here. I didn't see it until like a year after Surge was discontinued.

Hacksaw
05-13-2005, 07:20 PM
No Mello Yello around here lately. Coke seems to be in such disarray about the citrus beverage line. Most people don't want the ultra tart Fresca, but they still sell it. They need to cut back on Coca Cola ads & plow much more of that money into these other lines.

Look In The Tunk
05-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Hacksaw:
They need to cut back on Coca Cola ads & plow much more of that money into these other lines. I know, have you ever seen an ad (Print or TV) in the last I dunno, 8 years for Pibb (Mr. & Xtra), Fresca, or Mello Yello? I sure haven't.

Alan11
05-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by TheConnieVandelayShow:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hacksaw:
They need to cut back on Coca Cola ads & plow much more of that money into these other lines. I know, have you ever seen an ad (Print or TV) in the last I dunno, 8 years for Pibb (Mr. & Xtra), Fresca, or Mello Yello? I sure haven't. </font>[/QUOTE]I live on the other end of virginia in Roanoke and I haven't seen a mellow yellow commerical since they sponsored kyle petty in the early 90's.

Sorry to hear that Mellow Yellow isn't available in your parts of the country. I take it for granted most of the time because mellow yellow and pibb extra are in abundance in my area. The funny thing is Cherry Van DP is available here in every form but cans, only diet CVDP is.

pepsidew
05-15-2005, 09:29 AM
mellow yellow & dnl are still around here. they can't compete with mountain dew...we sell tons of dew here. diet dew sells great too.

iluvsurge220
05-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Mello Yello still sells here in Kentucky. Honestly, it sells very well and seems to be a good competitor to Mountain Dew in this area. It has been about a year since I last saw Dnl, and Surge... well I haven't had a surge in about 5 years. I wish they would still make it though. Mello Yello Afterglow and Cherry as well. I can live without the Mello Yello Melon version.

drpep
05-17-2005, 09:36 PM
I saw some DnL near Utica, NY last night.

DrPepper86
05-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah Mello Yello seems to do well around here,I only see DNL here in 20 ounce bottles, dont care for it myself.

Mr Zabe
05-21-2005, 07:40 PM
I saw Mellow Yellow at a McDonlad in Kenosha Wisconsin today. They had Mello Yellow as a fountain drink.

I also saw 12pks and 2 lts at Woodman's in Konosha as well.

Zabe

[ 05-21-2005, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mello Yello Luver
05-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Here's were you'll find Mello Yello...
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
West Virginia
(Southwestern) Virgina
Here it's everywere, but everywhere else there is hardly any. And it makes me sad! :(

ithastabeshasta
05-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
Here's were you'll find Mello Yello...
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
West Virginia
(Southwestern) Virgina
Here it's everywere, but everywhere else there is hardly any. And it makes me sad! :( You can add minneapolis/st paul Minnesota to that list. I ordered some cases from my coca cola bottler and received it just last tuesday. I also bought some in fountain form in Wausau Wisconsin today.

bigrich
05-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Add Indiana , Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and Ohio CCE territory to the list. also MAC runs Mello Yello.

iluvsurge220
05-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Add Indiana , Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and Ohio CCE territory to the list. also MAC runs Mello Yello.

What do u mean by MAC? Is that some kind of bottling place or the MAC's convienient store at dairy marts? If the convienient store, they don't have mello yello at the one in my town. They have some wierd drink called Yellow Jacket which I have never tried before. Honestly, I am afraid to taste it. It looks terrible

bigrich
05-23-2005, 12:09 AM
MAC is Mid-Atlantic Canners Association. They can Coca-Cola product for independant bottlers like Central Coke & Kokomo Coke. They can product in Hamburg, PA.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Mello Yello is available in Michigan. who knows for how long, or if Mello Yello will get a shove from Vault but it's run out of DT and GR, possibly FL too. they sell enough to run three facilities worth of 12pk cans, 6pk cans for vending and 20oz loose cases.

Cheer-wined
05-23-2005, 11:35 PM
I've seen MY in the deep south (AL,MS) as well.

SURGE
06-05-2005, 05:36 PM
I would assume if Vault is successfull that Mello Yello will die again (hopefully for good this time). Vault is fantastic and much more SURGE-like than Yello. If you want more info check out the Vault Blog we have over at SaveSURGE.org

As far as dnL is concerned I'm sad to say that it is confirmed as DOA. ABC will no longer be carrying it and DPSU has stopped producing syrup. So yeh it may be around in some more rural areas for awhile but after that its gone. Its sad and I would be pretty annoyed if I hadn't been introduced to Vault.

[ 06-05-2005, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: SURGE ]

USF SPAMMER 3
07-06-2005, 12:12 AM
I will die before Surge ever does.

riot
07-06-2005, 05:37 AM
coke seems to like to hold onto its "ancient" brands... like mr. pibb, mello yello, fanta, fresca and tab... for some reason. even though they don't sell so great anymore.

but, then, they'll abandon a new brand rather hastily, before investing too much time, or effort into it.

i'm not sure why.

but, yeah. i still see mello yello every now and then. "surge" and "vault" sound much more "modern" though. although, "mountain dew" doesn't sound cool at all, but it sells like mad. go figure.