PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi people VS Coke people

FizzyBoy
01-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm one of those people that can enjoy either Pepsi or Coca-Cola Classic, and only prefer one to the other depending on the mood I'm in.

There are many soda connoisseurs who have an absolute preference for one over the other (I even know of some Pepsi drinkers who refuse to drink Coca-Cola and vice versa).

To those that personally have an absolute preference for one over the other, or are aware of drinkers that do -- do you believe that this preference is random, or have you associated any other characteristics with Pepsi or Coca-Cola drinkers?

The people who I know who prefer Pepsi tend to be a bit better well off in terms of education and income. The people who prefer Coca-Cola tend to have slightly more exciting social lives.

popologist
01-09-2007, 11:15 PM
both products are consumed by so many people, i doubt there's little difference in demographics.

DGibb
01-10-2007, 01:46 AM
I like Faygo over both. I will drink Pepsi, Coke, RC, or whatever is on sale. I work at a restaurant and when people order a Coke, I tell them that "We have Pepsi products, and is a Pepsi okay instead?" I often get a grimace and a "No. Water."

Some people won't drink anything flavored in place of their precious Coca-Cola? It just boggles the mind. We have Pepsi, Cherry Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Vernors, Sierra Mist, Tropicana Lemonade, Mountain Dew, Freshly Brewed Lipton Iced Tea (as well as a sweetened southern sweet tea), as well as Goose Island Root Beer and Goose Island Orange Cream Soda. Can't they find one suitable (or better!) beverage?

Maybe this is the wrong place to rant since this is the BevBoard, but why can't people try new and delicious beverages?

I work at Famous Dave's BBQ, by the way. I am at the Novi, MI location.

iluvsurge220
01-10-2007, 01:34 PM
I think that what you drink really depends on what you were exposed to as a kid through family and friends. Like my mom grew up in a family that always drank pepsi so she drank Pepsi. My dad grew up in a coke family and he always drank coke. Then when my parents got married, my dad converted my mom to Coke, so I have grown up in a family that always drinks coke. I prefer Pepsi over Coke, actually I never drink Coke at all, but I like Coke's other products over Pepsi's other products. Does this make any sense? I don't think that rich, smart people drink pepsi and people who aren't as well off drink Coke. I don't think education or income matter. They both cost about the same, so I really don't think that has anything to do with it.

jobbie
01-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Im a coke can collector, but Pepsi Max is my drink, even my sons(11 & 15yrs) pick Pepsi Max over Pepsi or Coke, so it must be a family type thing. We have had alot of Coke Zero of late but we still end up with Pepsi Max.
Our top 3 is:
Pepsi Max
Cherry Coke
Dr Pepper

after these we pick Schweppes Lemonade or Fanta Orange for the wife! Shes not a cola fan.

Mr Nethead
01-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
I think that what you drink really depends on what you were exposed to as a kid through family and friends. In many cases this is true. But I can cite my family as an exception to the rule. When I was a kid we mostly drank Pepsi around the house. Then one day I tried Coca-Cola, and well, I found that I liked it much better. My brother also converted. The rest of family still had a strong proclivity for Pepsi. (Except for my mom, who refuses to drink any soda at all.)

I still have one sister that strongly prefers Pepsi. Two of my other sisters are starting to favor Coke. (Never thought that would happen!)

But the whole Coke thing was really sort of random.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm a strong fan of Coke and all the products of The Coca-Cola Company, but I drink other drinks like Dr. Pepper from Cadbury-Schweppes... and another soda that I like but unfortunately it's not available here is Mountain Dew...

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by jobbie:
Im a coke can collector, but Pepsi Max is my drink, even my sons(11 & 15yrs) pick Pepsi Max over Pepsi or CokeBTW, here in Mexico Pepsi Max changed it's packaging, and in the ad (made in Mexico) appears a guy that drinks Pepsi Max and appears a sort of "loading" bar filling up, in one side of the bar says Zero and in another side says Max... this probably means the arrival of Coca-Cola Zero in Mexico soon! :D

Mr Zabe
01-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Coca Cola (sugar cain or HFCS) is and will always be at the very top of my A List soda pops. I drink coke mainly at fast food joints. That being said, Pepsi is my very favorite day in and day out soda pop. There is nothing like an ice cold Pepsi. smile.gif I enjoy both Coca Cola and Pepsi.

David J.
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
It is very hard for me to drink Pepsi, but there are times where I will drink it and not complain.

I do think that Pepsi's flavor extensions (cherry, lime, vanilla, etc) are better than cokes.

Blue Efficacy
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I've never been a huge cola fan, and as such I usually find myself selecting C-S products.

jobbie
01-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
BTW, here in Mexico Pepsi Max changed it's packaging, and in the ad (made in Mexico) appears a guy that drinks Pepsi Max and appears a sort of "loading" bar filling up, in one side of the bar says Zero and in another side says Max... this probably means the arrival of Coca-Cola Zero in Mexico soon! :D In the UK we had a "loading bar" too, I think one of the ladies from Desperate Housewives appeared in it.

[ 01-13-2007, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: jobbie ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-14-2007, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by jobbie:
In the UK we had a "loading bar" too, I think one of the ladies from Desperate Housewives appeared in it. I found it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhpEY3QmxLI

Exactly, but in the Mexican one instead of her appears a dude that see the new can, he drinks it and the loading bar goes from "Zero" to "Max", in fact the commercial is very very short, and the new mexican Pepsi Max packaging is almost like the british one but the globe is under the "Max" word, the Pepsi logo is smaller and the Max word is bigger...

[ 01-14-2007, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

METAL HOUSTON
01-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I tend to like Coke products better. I know I like Mello Yello (Coca-Cola product) better than Mountain Dew (Pepsi-Cola product) and have ever since I 1st tried Mello Yello and I'll only drink a Dew if I run out of Mello Yello here in Houston. Between actual Coke and Pepsi, I don't know if there's much of a difference but I'm still holing a grudge against Pepsi for supporting the P.M.R.C. ("Parental Music Resource Center" that was was formed by a group of "Washington wives" led by Al Gore's wife Tipper - and caused me to have problems getting the tapes I wanted) and might choose Coke for that reason.