PDA

View Full Version : Aspertame Health Warnings

suitcasemonkey
05-13-2005, 11:01 AM
For those of you who are not already aware, continuing study is revealing notable health problems with the consumption of Aspertame. Memory loss is confirmed in a wide range of the medical industry, dampened by corporate influence. Other symptoms, some cancer related, are beginning to surface. Considering the relatively short amount of time this and other artificial sweetners (such as saccharin) have been on the market for consumption, it should not be an overwhelming suprise that modern medicine is revealing the implications of these products on our health.

I personally was delighted to hear of beverage companies adopting the use of more natural (albeit not %100 natural) alternative sweetners such as Splenda and the like. These are by no means a surefire healthy alternative to the synthetic sweetners but through my research I am convinced it's the safest so far.

I would not have thought twice about artificial sweetners until a medical professor I know had first-hand experience with loosing his memory due to aspertame consumption (about 5 beverages a day). He since went on to lobby against Coke-a-Cola for knowingly using a biologically harmful substance without disclosure to the public (a similar theme to the tobaccao industry). Unfortunately most of his efforts were smothered by the corporate fist. Fortunately, rising awareness in the general populus is invoking change.

Don't take my word for it, google 'aspertame and memory loss' and see what you find, then form your own conclusions.

-SM

Hacksaw
05-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Sorry, but saccharin has been sold as a sweetener for almost a century now.