View Full Version : Best Basic Sodas

ryaxnb
05-14-2005, 05:35 PM
* RC Cola
* Shasta Cola
* Pepsi-Cola
* Coca-Cola
* Diet Coke
Which is best? What are your feelings on the others? Do you dislike all of them? Do you prefer Cans or Plastic, or is it imperceptible? How much better are fountain-fresh, cane-sugar based products?
I like Pepsi's cola myself, and their Diet stuff is nice too, bringing us to num 2 question:
Best Diet (1 cal or less) soda
* Diet Pepsi - NutraSweet
* Diet Coke - NutraSweet
* Diet Coke - Splenda
* TaB - NutraSweet (formerly Sweet'nLow)
* Pepsi One - Splenda/Ace-k
* Diet RC - Splenda
And finally
Best lemon-lime
* 7-UP
* Sprite
* Sierra Mist

jblaviback
05-14-2005, 06:18 PM
I would say regular coke is the best regular as for diet I have no opinion because the only diets I like are flavored ones and best lemon-lime is sprite for sure.

Mr Zabe
05-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Good old Classic Coke is and will always be my Cola gold standard.

I love all pop/soda but plain old Diet Pepsi is my all time favorite diet cola.

I preferred to drink my pop out of 16.9 or 20 oz ice cold bottles. Wendy's has the best fountain drinks. Why? I do not know. LOL

I like to drink canned pop out of 9 oz solo paper cups with 4 or 5 ice cubes. This way it's like drinking 3 or 4 ice cold pop shots. LOL

Zabe

ithastabeshasta
05-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Funny my favorites are not listed. As for the best cola I like RC the best of the ones you have listed but nothing beats a ice cold Red Rock Cola(funny you'd think I would say Shasta based on my name but I do not like their cola).

I do not drink diets so I have no opinion.

As for lemon limes I prefer long neck bottles of 76 lemon lime, I don't care for any that you have listed.

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I actually prefer generic cola instead of Coke.

But Coke is pretty much the standard, and if you polled the public, you'd find that out.

I also think that Diet Coke sells much more than Diet Pepsi.

I strongly suggest you try Diet Coke with Splenda, because it's fantastic.

Mr Zabe
05-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I strongly suggest you try Diet Coke with Splenda, because it's fantastic.

I have tried the new generation of sweeteners and they all make my tummy do flip flops followed by hard time served on the throne of round water. :D

As well for me my taste buds were so destroyed by drinking Tab in the early years of diet colas that Diet Pepsi still tastes like holy diet nectar. LOL

Zabe

ramonazo
05-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Coca-Cola, definetely

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
I have tried the new generation of sweeteners and they all make my tummy do flip flops followed by hard time served on the throne of round water. The occurence of side effects(gas, indigestion) as a result from sucralose(Splenda) is very low in the general public.

If by any means, you experience any effects from sucralose, don't use it.

But if you discover that you're among the majority of people whose bodies agree with sucralose, then it's a relatively safe alternative to other questionable calorie-free sweeteners.

I sound like the back of a Splenda packet.

iluvsurge220
05-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Pepsi is my favorite cola. I don't drink diet stuff because I am a teenager and I think diet is disgusting, and Sierra Mist is the best lemon lime. 7-up I have never liked, and Sprite is good but I can't drink a lot of it without starting to feel queasy. I like Sierra Mist's strong lemon lime flavor, and I think it tastes a little sweeter than Sprite.

sodacec
05-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I totally agree with ya Snapple, to me Diet Coke with Splenda is the best thing to happen to DC since Lime! I did a side-by-side of original DC vs the Splenda version (12oz. cans) & the difference is remarkable! (try this test yourself if you already haven't & let me know if you agree). Despite the slight sweetener aftertaste, DC w/Splenda achieves what original DC should have from the start: It actually tastes & even smells like guess what... COKE!!! Gee, woulda thunkit!? Life is good! Hope Coke Zero tastes similar...