PDA

View Full Version : VAULT Sales Reports

SURGE
04-21-2006, 09:47 PM
We have the reports from test areas and we have the first quarter Coke reports but there is still a lot up in the air considering sales of VAULT. So I ask you all especially Coke system employees and store oweners/workers how is the percieved reception of VAULT so far in the region you work in?

popologist
04-22-2006, 07:59 AM
i'd like to see those numbers, too.

i mean, coke keeps talking about how successful vault and coke zero and full throttle are... but they're rather cryptic about hard numbers.

maybe that's just to keep pepsi guessing... or maybe not.

but i'm with SURGE, i want some #s!

pepsidew
04-22-2006, 10:29 AM
in my view (the pepsi view) vault isnt selling worth a crap around here...but i only see 20oz in grocery stores which dont do that great anyways, but i know for sure that i am selling at least 3x as much mountain dew as vault - and thats pretty good considering vault is .79 and dew is 1.09

i'm sure vault is doing alot better in c-stores though

popologist
04-22-2006, 12:22 PM
not selling worth a crap?!?

if vault is selling 25% as much as mt dew... that's friggen AWESOME (from coke's point-of-view).

i mean, think about it this way... that's 25 out of 100 people who would've been buying mt dew, who now aren't.

i'd say that if vault is even selling 5-10% as much as mt dew that coke would be very pleased (for now).

Originally posted by pepsidew:
in my view (the pepsi view) vault isnt selling worth a crap around here...but i only see 20oz in grocery stores which dont do that great anyways, but i know for sure that i am selling at least 3x as much mountain dew as vault - and thats pretty good considering vault is .79 and dew is 1.09

i'm sure vault is doing alot better in c-stores though

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 05:39 PM
I still perfer MD. I mean, Vault doesnt provide the same experience that made MD so famous. But it is so freakin cheap.

That could be why Vault is selling. People look for change when they go for a drink. And some people dont cary as much change on them as other people do. Id say, about 25% of the people. When the people look for a cheap drink that tastes remotely close to good, they're likely to go for a Vault.

Mr Nethead
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I know there are a lot of people out there like me. People that will grab a whole tray of six packs. I don't buy Vault because it's cheap, I buy it because I love it. When they do raise the price, I'll still be buying it.

I also discovered recently that Vault poured into a glass over ice tastes even better. This is such a great drink, I honestly can't see how it could fail. If Coke just gives it enough time, it will cut into Dew sales significantly.

Mr Zabe
04-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Well said.
Vault on the rocks is very refreshing. smile.gif

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Ive found that a cup of ice can improve any energy drink. Im not saying Vault is bad, im saying I perfer MD, and that Vault prices could have gone up for convinience reasons.

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Everyone has there reasons for their actions. A simple mindset will get you no where.

pepsidew
04-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
[QB] not selling worth a crap?!?

if vault is selling 25% as much as mt dew... that's friggen AWESOME (from coke's point-of-view).

i mean, think about it this way... that's 25 out of 100 people who would've been buying mt dew, who now aren't.

i'd say that if vault is even selling 5-10% as much as mt dew that coke would be very pleased (for now).
its just my opinion that vault is just selling because its a new item and they are selling it cheap. sure you are going to have people who like it better then dew...just in my area i dont see it being a huge threat. and right now we dont know if those 25 out of a 100 are buying vault because they like it more, or because its new, or because its 40 cents cheaper. i'm just saying in my area and from what i have seen, from all the hype..i'm not all that worried about vault. maybe i am blind? smile.gif i dont know

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Just a thought and an opinion. There was no Offencive Intention in what i said.

dahojo
04-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Until CCC gives up Sun drop and takes on Vault in an area, I won't buy the story.

fusion
04-23-2006, 12:48 AM
what story might that be?

Doug
04-23-2006, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Mr Nethead:
I know there are a lot of people out there like me. People that will grab a whole tray of six packs. I don't buy Vault because it's cheap, I buy it because I love it. When they do raise the price, I'll still be buying it.

I also discovered recently that Vault poured into a glass over ice tastes even better. This is such a great drink, I honestly can't see how it could fail. If Coke just gives it enough time, it will cut into Dew sales significantly. I noticed that a couple weeks ago...I bought a 20oz and had it sitting outside in 85 degree weather for an hour...so i poured it over the rocks...delicious

popologist
04-23-2006, 08:15 AM
well, i'd agree that vault's current market share (whatever it is) is probably inflated because of the discount pricing.

but, either way, those vault sales are still sales that mt dew probably would've gotten had vault not existed.

so, pepsi can't be happy about that... no matter how you look at it.

i guess the true test for success for vault will be whether it gets some real estate on soda fountains in restaurants and fastfood joints.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by popologist:
[QB] not selling worth a crap?!?

its just my opinion that vault is just selling because its a new item and they are selling it cheap. sure you are going to have people who like it better then dew...just in my area i dont see it being a huge threat. and right now we dont know if those 25 out of a 100 are buying vault because they like it more, or because its new, or because its 40 cents cheaper. i'm just saying in my area and from what i have seen, from all the hype..i'm not all that worried about vault. maybe i am blind? smile.gif i dont know </font>[/QUOTE]

SURGE
04-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I think there are a couple of important factors. A the discount pricing ovbiously has an effect on volume. But on the other hand VAULT has been pushed heavily in low-volume/high margin sizes (20oz, 1L). This has been especially apparent in the test areas and the regions that got VAULT 2 or more months ago and are justn ow recieiving multi-packs. Coke hasn't been as focused on 20oz IMHO since VC launch (or maybe the remixs- though that was a totally different scale).

In the end the test in my mind wont be in grocery or fountain- it will be in 20oz. If Coke can convince a good number of people that VAULT is worth buying in (high cost) 20oz it seems obvious that other sales and thus volume will increase. In that sence I think the focus on 20oz is good an will prob. accelerate the multipacks because of their percieved "value". Obviously it is still up in the air as to whether or not Coke can deliever-

Spartan Dan
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Mr. Pop, what your saying is that if Vault wasnt around to make these past sales, Pepsi would have made those sales instead? We have to remember that Coke and Pepsi arent the only players in the Soda game. This is no two way rivalry. I say Vault got a beginners luck card. And I classify it as a cheap MD.

Spartan Dan
04-23-2006, 05:25 PM
And that had some offensive intention.

popologist
04-23-2006, 08:44 PM
what i'm saying is that i doubt that some teenager is picking up a bottle of vault AND a bottle of mt dew. vault was created to go head-to-head with mt dew. that's pretty obvious.

i'm not saying that every vault sell would've been a mt dew sell, but i'd say that most of them are.

finally, it seems clear that pepsi views vault as a threat (or, at least competition) to mt dew, because some mt dew ads attack vault directly. they're not attacking sprite... or coke zero.

Originally posted by Spartan Dan:
Mr. Pop, what your saying is that if Vault wasnt around to make these past sales, Pepsi would have made those sales instead? We have to remember that Coke and Pepsi arent the only players in the Soda game. This is no two way rivalry. I say Vault got a beginners luck card. And I classify it as a cheap MD.

[ 04-23-2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: popologist ]

mr jones
04-23-2006, 11:42 PM
The true test of numbers will be tracking about 6 months of Vault sales at full retail price...we'll have a good idea of where the brand stands by end of year.

SplitLevelP
04-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Vault has grown to become one of my top 5 drinks.However with the price being as low as it has been it has been my primary drink.That being said I could without a doubt say that at full price I fully intend to keep buying it.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Vault has to sell right! I have to drink it until Jan 2007!

popologist
04-24-2006, 11:12 AM
what sizes of packaging is vault sold in? i've seen it in 20 oz and in 6-pack cans.

Spartan Dan
04-24-2006, 11:18 AM
You make a good point Popologist. I know when Im beat. Ive only seen them in the 20 oz bottles here where I live.

popologist
04-24-2006, 03:02 PM
well, i'm not saying that vault is gonna pass (or even catch) mt dew anytime soon. mt dew is, after all, the third best-selling soda in the US (ahead of diet pepsi even), and... a lot of its drinkers are fanatics.

my main point was that, since mt dew went unchallenged for so long, any sale for vault is a sale that mt dew probably would've had before.

Originally posted by Spartan Dan:
You make a good point Popologist. I know when Im beat. Ive only seen them in the 20 oz bottles here where I live.

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I can only find 20oz and 6 packs.

I WANT FRIDGEPACKS NOW!!!111

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-24-2006, 05:38 PM
I want ONE Vault NOW NOW NOW! :(

Doug
04-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
I can only find 20oz and 6 packs.

I WANT FRIDGEPACKS NOW!!!111 Today I went to the only store in the area that I've seen 6 packs of Vault at before...and they were out...now I'm left to only 20oz's :-(

popologist
04-25-2006, 03:22 PM
with the positive response from this board, i suspect that fridge-paks will be out by summer.

golee1
04-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Fridgepacks are coming out on Monday here.

popologist
04-25-2006, 04:23 PM
see. i was right. LOL. ;)

Spartan Dan
04-25-2006, 05:37 PM
I played some golf today, and they sell those Vaults at the rest shack. They're not bad on the course. Regular Energy drinks make you feel uncomfortable during a game, and soda's mess up your shots. Vault works well for me.

iluvsurge220
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I hope they come out here soon. I like buying the 20 oz's but they will get expensive soon. A 12-pack even at $3.50 equals out to less than 30 cents a can, and usually they cost less than that around here.

Hollow Man
04-25-2006, 07:24 PM
I got fridgepacks this weekend, but it's a weird store that gets their Coke from out of state. Cans are still non-existent at every other store around here.

-HM

golee1
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Hollow Man:
I got fridgepacks this weekend, but it's a weird store that gets their Coke from out of state. Cans are still non-existent at every other store around here.

-HM I think ours are actually in the warehouse now, we just can't sell them, because the official launch date isn't until May 1, but that wouldn't mean they aren't already out in some areas. When we were Central Coke, which was a small independent bottler, we released stuff at weird time. I remember we had Diet Coke w/Lime weeks before most areas.

golee1
04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by golee1:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hollow Man:

-HM I think ours are actually in the warehouse now, we just can't sell them, because the official launch date isn't until May 1. That wouldn't mean they aren't already out in some areas. When we were Central Coke, which was a small independent bottler, we released before the officla launch sometimes. I remember we had Diet Coke w/Lime weeks before most areas. </font>[/QUOTE]

Green River
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Ice cold Vault is the way to go.

fusion
04-25-2006, 10:56 PM
May 1st is the offical release date for the Virginia/Maryland Market Unit of CCE for 2 liters and 12 packs.

We've had the six pack cans for quite a while now. Most stores have them 2/$3, but I have also seen 10/$10, at Safeway.

popologist
04-26-2006, 12:03 AM
2-liters means that vault is going "big time." coke only uses that for its most successful products (coke, sprite, diet coke... and, now, coke zero and vault).

Doug
04-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
May 1st is the offical release date for the Virginia/Maryland Market Unit of CCE for 2 liters and 12 packs.

We've had the six pack cans for quite a while now. Most stores have them 2/$3, but I have also seen 10/$10, at Safeway. Is that the same time they're releasing 12 packs for Pa and Del?

fusion
04-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Delaware, yes. I believe that is part of the MD/VA MU. Pennsylvania isn't. Philadelphia Coke operates on their own release schedule, you'll have to ask them when they plan to release it.

fusion
04-26-2006, 01:32 AM
By Delaware, I mean southern -- below the canal. Northern Delaware is part of the Philadelphia franchise.

Acheron
04-26-2006, 10:16 AM
2-liters means that vault is going "big time." coke only uses that for its most successful products (coke, sprite, diet coke... and, now, coke zero and vault). We have BCV Coke in 2L in these parts. Don't know about anywhere else.

iluvsurge220
04-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah and I feel that 2-liters will bring in more money as well. I know I know, some of you will say "Well Duh, of course they will bring in more money." What I mean is that, I think 2-liters are big sellers. Tons of people buy 12-packs but they are starting to get expensive. When you can buy a 2-liter for 99 cents thats a great deal. If you buy 2 of them then that is basically the same amount of pop as one 12-pack. A 12-pack contains 144 oz. of pop while 2 2-liters contain approx. 135 oz. of pop and you could buy 2 2-liters for about $2 while 12-packs are about $3.50. I know that people buy 12-packs for the convienience of a can over the inconvienience of a 2-liter, but for parties, get togethers, big families and people who just want to save a little money like me, a 2-liter is the best way to go.

fusion
04-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Our 2 liters are on rollback at Walmart for 98¢ - Vault will be the same price.

Spartan Dan
04-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Two liters of Vault. I never would have guessed.

If only there was a Two liter bottle of Monster or somethin.

orion007
04-28-2006, 10:02 PM
We have had fridge packs for months here. I currently have 3 vault zero and 3 regular vault fridge packs right now. I got these at Wal-Mart. I live in Mobile, AL. All my friends have either switched from Mello Yello or MD and are all drinking Vault now.

Doug
04-29-2006, 12:29 AM
By Delaware, I mean southern -- below the canal. Northern Delaware is part of the Philadelphia franchise. Is there anywhere in Newark that you know that would have it?

Doug
04-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Doug:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fusion:
By Delaware, I mean southern -- below the canal. Northern Delaware is part of the Philadelphia franchise. Is there anywhere in Newark that you know that would have it? </font>[/QUOTE]Or how about that Martin's you were telling me about in Rising Sun? Didn't have a chance to stop by yet and grab some Kosher Coke yet

fusion
04-29-2006, 12:49 AM
There is still some Kosher left. They should have Vault 12 packs on Monday -- 12 packs are 4/$10 starting Sunday.

Coatesville Coke doesn't have (and may not get) Vault at all.

I'm not sure when Philadelphia coke is rolling out Vault 12 packs here in Newark.

Doug
04-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Nice, 2.50 apiece isn't bad

And Coatesville Coke doesn't have Vault in any size or just not 12 packs?

fusion
04-29-2006, 01:33 AM
ABARTA, which owns Coatesville, isn't making Vault at all. Anywhere.

golee1
04-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Do you know if they just don'twant it, or Coke's blocking it?

fusion
04-30-2006, 09:37 PM
According to Vaultkicks, they aren't interested in it - they don't think it will do well.

Doug
05-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Can you tell me when that Martin's gets fridgepacks in, though? I just don't want to make a 30 min trip and they haven't gotten Vault in yet.

Spartan Dan
05-01-2006, 10:26 AM
I'll have to pick some up.

Mr Nethead
05-02-2006, 08:46 AM
I bought a 2 Liter of Vault yesterday. I had help drinking it, otherwise I probably would've consumed the whole thing. It is that good!

We have fridgepacks in Wisconsin now, but I haven't bought any 'cause I still have some six packs left.

Mr Zabe
05-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Did you notice if those Vault fridge packs were on sale or were they pretty much regular price? I ask because It would be cool to stock up for a few months at a cheaper price? Do you shop at Woodman's? Tks

[ 05-02-2006, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

iluvsurge220
05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
We still don't have 2-liters or 12 packs here at all. Have they just not made it everywhere yet or what??

Mr Nethead
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have a Woodman's in my town, but I have shopped at the one in Madison. That is a truly awesome store.

I'm fairly certain the fridgepacks were on sale, but I can't seem to remember for how much. 2 for $5 maybe? I know the 2 Liter bottles are 89 cents. (Which is what many of the convenience stores are charging for a 20 oz.)

David J.
05-02-2006, 07:46 PM
I haven't seen Fridgepacks in my area, but atleast I don't have ABARTA as a bottler. Phew.

I did find some Mello Yello at the grocery store, and there is none in my town. Very odd...

Doug
05-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by David J,:
I haven't seen Fridgepacks in my area, but atleast I don't have ABARTA as a bottler. Phew.

I did find some Mello Yello at the grocery store, and there is none in my town. Very odd... I actually went to the closest Wawa to my house today looking for a Vault to drink. Turns out their Coke supplier is Coatesville Coke(owned by ABARTA), so I had to settle for a Dew...

amyers
05-03-2006, 12:09 AM
what sizes of packaging is vault sold in? i've seen it in 20 oz and in 6-pack cans. VAULT is currently sold in the following forms:

16oz CANS
12oz CANS
20oz BOTTLES
.5L BOTTLES
1L BOTTLES
2L BOTTLES

VAULT is currently sold in the following packaging
.5L BOTTLE 6-PACK
12oz CAN 8-PACK
12oz CAN 12-PACK
12oz CAN 6-PACK

DrPepper86
05-03-2006, 03:26 AM
I really hope Vault sticks around,its a good drink that i get regualarly. :D

fusion
05-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Vault fridgepacks came out in our area Monday. Same with Vault Zero fridgepacks, and Vault 2 liters.

Vaultkicks also has a picture of Vault 8 pack 12 ounce bottles.

Mr Zabe
05-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Starting this Thursday the Albertson's (Jewel Food Stores) here in Chicago is having a great promotion.

Vault and Coke Zero fridge packs 2 for $5, send in a store rebate coupon and get $5 back. FREE!

Vault and Cole Zero 2ltrs 5 for $5, send in a store rebate coupon and get back $5. FREE!

This is a darn good promotion. smile.gif

Doug
05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Starting this Thursday the Albertson's (Jewel Food Stores) here in Chicago is having a great promotion.

Vault and Coke Zero fridge packs 2 for $5, send in a store rebate coupon and get $5 back. FREE!

Vault and Cole Zero 2ltrs 5 for $5, send in a store rebate coupon and get back $5. FREE!

This is a darn good promotion. smile.gif So after all is said and done, you basically get 5 2 liters of Vault and/or Coke Zero free? That's nuts

Doug
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Vault fridgepacks came out in our area Monday. Same with Vault Zero fridgepacks, and Vault 2 liters.

Vaultkicks also has a picture of Vault 8 pack 12 ounce bottles. Nice, I'll have to hit up that Martin's on Friday

sundrop
05-03-2006, 07:12 PM
CCBCC carries Vault in 18pk 12oz cans.

iluvsurge220
05-03-2006, 07:20 PM
SWEET!! I just found 12-packs at Speedway. They were 2/$5.98 so I bought 2 of them. I love the design on the package as well. It's really cool!!

fusion
05-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Is it the new "big can" graphics?

iluvsurge220
05-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah thats what it is. When I bought them in TN back in August it was just the regular graphics. I guess they changed the Vault graphics just like they have changed coke and cherry coke and all that right?

The Doomite
05-05-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm gonna say what I heard today, and then I'll shut up. For the past couple days, I've been working for Coke as a temporary worker at a new Wal-Mart that just opened yesterday. We were sampling Vault yesterday afternoon, and a lot of people seemed to like it from what I could see. And today, I overheard two of the regular Coke employees talking about how Vault was sold out of their machines after we had served the samples. I dunno what exactly to think of that, but both machines were 20oz., and they cost a buck a pop. I like it personally, if I had more money to buy 20oz sodas (or if they had fridgepacks of the stuff), I'd probably drink more of it. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Doug
05-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Is it the new "big can" graphics? I actually visited that Martin's you were telling me about and got myself some Kosher Coke. Unfortunately, no Vault fridgepacks...however, I did find them at the Acme in Lantana Square on Limestone Road in Hockessin...I'd never been in that store before in my life, I was just picking up some pizza from Papa John's and needed some milk...I walk in the door and lo and behold-Vault fridgepacks!

fusion
05-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Cool! Glad you scored on both items. That Acme is as far north as Philadelphia Coke goes in that area.. once you cross the state line it's Coatesville. That's generally a really busy location.

Doug
05-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Cool! Glad you scored on both items. That Acme is as far north as Philadelphia Coke goes in that area.. once you cross the state line it's Coatesville. That's generally a really busy location. Yeah-I was suprised when I went into Martin's-there were no Classic fridgepacks left, and they even had a huge empty space in their endcap display...They must've sold 100-200 in a matter of a few days...Is that Martin's always that busy?

David J.
05-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Three stores in my area have sold out of Vault, but tons of Vault Zero remain. So it is selling, but not the diet one...

amyers
05-07-2006, 11:50 AM

Vaultkicks also has a picture of Vault 8 pack 12 ounce bottles. I'm the one that took that picture of the "8 pack 12 ounce bottles" - it's not bottles. It's cans. It's a smaller version of the fridge packs, call "chill packs"

bboy45
05-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey Guys, new to this board, but thought I might add a little to this discussion. The territory I work in did the first Vault roll outs last summer, so our pricing has stabilized on it, particularly in the super channel 1 business. While I do not have concrete numbers I can say that I think it has taken hold. This is huge Dew territory and basically the plan is to chip away at that high margin 20 oz business Pepsi has going on. In 2lt it has growth, but not so much in the twelve packs. 20 oz is by far the strongest package. I get to see all sides of the business, and while c-stores still run pricing that is about 10 cents cheaper than our other 20 oz varieties, it is becoming big. I ran a c-store route last week in a heavy dew/pepsi area,(like 70/30 share) and have noticed that we deliver probably as many cases of vault to a store as we do Sprite anymore. in larger c-stores we are getting at least one shelf for vault as well. So it has legs to say the least. Pepsi is fighting hard to stave this off with a heavy marketing push, so I think they are bit scared of losing 20 oz volume if nothing else.

Dewman1979
05-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Vault isn't doing to hot here in western washington

Doug
05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Dewman1979:
Vault isn't doing to hot here in western washington Don't you think you might be a tad bit biased lol?

fusion
05-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Doug:
Yeah-I was suprised when I went into Martin's-there were no Classic fridgepacks left, and they even had a huge empty space in their endcap display...They must've sold 100-200 in a matter of a few days...Is that Martin's always that busy? [/QB]It sure is. We sell a ton of stuff in there - even more when we are on sale. Usually 5-6 pallets a day when cans are 4/$10, even more on the weekends.

[ 05-07-2006, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

fusion
05-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by amyers:
I'm the one that took that picture of the "8 pack 12 ounce bottles" - it's not bottles. It's cans. It's a smaller version of the fridge packs, call "chill packs" [/QB]I assume your Coke bottler is Coke United - I saw 8 packs from them around the Birmingham Alabama area last year.

We had 8 packs for a Target exclusive last year. Other than that, we don't carry them.

Mr Zabe
05-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Martin's (http://www.martins-supermarkets.com/)

Is this the Martins that you are talking about?
The prices on their specials are pretty darn good. It's amazing how (I'm one of them.) people get so excited with soda pop sales.

[ 05-07-2006, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
05-08-2006, 12:29 AM
No, it's this Martins.

http://www.giantpa.com/

The stores are called Giant in Pennsylvania, and Martin's in West Virginia, Maryland, and New York. They also now control the Tops chain (and are part of the Ahold company)

www.aholdusa.com (http://www.aholdusa.com)

Doug
05-08-2006, 01:37 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Doug:
Yeah-I was suprised when I went into Martin's-there were no Classic fridgepacks left, and they even had a huge empty space in their endcap display...They must've sold 100-200 in a matter of a few days...Is that Martin's always that busy? It sure is. We sell a ton of stuff in there - even more when we are on sale. Usually 5-6 pallets a day when cans are 4/$10, even more on the weekends. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Wow-you must make some nice commission

iluvsurge220
05-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Vault isn't doing to hot here in western washington Actually that would be "too" not to.

SURGE
05-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Local Pepsi op confirmed that the yare maintaining the 99c Dew promotion w/ TV ads for the foreseable future. Currently most places are at standard pricing. That means a couple things- continued VAULT growth- and a high ASP than Dew by about 25c. With about 12-18% 20 oz share in c-stores this is really doing some damage atleast locally (and we were a test area) VAULT is a growing brand that seems to have the consumers attention to maintain share even when it costs a 3rd more than its more established competition. Even the Pepsi guys around here are pretty open about how they were taken by surprise. All indications are that VAULT is the 2-3rd best seller in 20oz at this point (in the original test area (ex. Detroit)).

Mr Zabe
05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
For the first time in the main grocery store I shop at, I found Vault and Vault Zero fridge packs. Coke fridge pack brands were on sale 4 $11.

I ended up getting a fridge pack of Mountain Dew. smile.gif I was up for some good old Dew. LOL

pepsidew
05-14-2006, 07:53 PM
i'd be interested to know how Vault is doing in my area, because when i look at my grocery stores with outdated vault 20oz and barely dented 12pk displays i just dont see it selling that well. its a joy to walk into an account each day and see 2-3 vault 12pks sold and 15-20 dew 12pks sold. but i really have no idea how vault is doing in the C-Stores. i think they are still giving the stuff away cheap.

pepsidew
05-14-2006, 07:53 PM

I ended up getting a fridge pack of Mountain Dew. smile.gif I was up for some good old Dew. LOL that a guy smile.gif

SURGE
05-15-2006, 03:34 AM
i'd be interested to know how Vault is doing in my area, because when i look at my grocery stores with outdated vault 20oz and barely dented 12pk displays i just dont see it selling that well. its a joy to walk into an account each day and see 2-3 vault 12pks sold and 15-20 dew 12pks sold. but i really have no idea how vault is doing in the C-Stores. i think they are still giving the stuff away cheap. Kinda weird- all the things are hear coming from CCE Eagan are phenominal- I would venture to guess it is one of the stronger regions that are non-test- as it was with SURGE and even MY to some extent. But I suppose it all depends on who you talk to. Still 12paks are def. the slowest seller and something COke should work on. 20oz are brisk to say the last though even after the bump to reg. prices.

Dewman1979
05-22-2006, 03:24 AM
It is still not doing well here.

I rarely see anyone drinking. And the 12 packs never move.

Dew is untouchable.

Hollow Man
05-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Why is it that the only people who seem to say that it's not doing well are the ones who are, by admission, Pepsi fanboys? Man, does it get old.

-HM

Doug
05-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Hollow Man:
Why is it that the only people who seem to say that it's not doing well are the ones who are, by admission, Pepsi fanboys? Man, does it get old.

-HM Yeah, it'd be nice to see some neutral parties chime in

popologist
05-23-2006, 02:22 PM
vault is good enough. but i think coke would've been better served if they would've developed a hybrid soda that DIDN'T taste exactly like mt dew.

Hollow Man
05-23-2006, 02:25 PM
I think you'll be hard pressed to find other people on this forum who think VAULT tastes like Mountain Dew (casual pop drinkers? Yes; the hardcore who frequent this forum? No).

-HM

Mr Zabe
05-23-2006, 02:29 PM
NOT....LOL.....Vault and Mountain Dew simular as what.LOL They are both great soda pops and IMO that's that but the same taste? Not even close.

iluvsurge220
05-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah Vault and Mountain Dew taste nothing alike. People who think so either haven't drank enough of Vault or Mountain Dew or they have no clue what they are talking about (Or they are pepsi freaks who are being silly as usual and trying to make up crap about Vault being a Mountain Dew clone). I wouldn't be surprized if that was the main reason LOL!! :D

fusion
05-24-2006, 06:02 PM
I agree.. the two taste nothing like each other, but they are going after the same demographics.

speaking of Vault - We now have it in 24 pack cans.

SURGE
05-25-2006, 02:04 PM

speaking of Vault - We now have it in 24 pack cans. Nice- that is a first from what I can tell. Think it would be possible to snag a photo?

karks88
05-25-2006, 02:07 PM
I've heard people say it tastes just like Mello Yello, Dew, etc. I think these people are just looking at the bottle without tasting it smile.gif

popologist
05-25-2006, 02:29 PM
no. i'm not a pepsi henchman. LOL.

and, yes, i'm not a frequent drinker of mt dew either.

so, to me, mt dew and vault taste very similar--similar color, similar advertising, similar target market.

fusion
05-25-2006, 05:22 PM
I'll post a photo of the 24 pack by Saturday. I'm not working today or tomorrow.

Doug
05-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Vault tastes more like MDX than Dew

sirslash
05-28-2006, 03:25 AM
its been selling decent.. about 24 times better then ,mellow yellow... coke actually sent us mellow yellow instead of vault and over a whole week we didnt sell one bottle

[ 05-28-2006, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: sirslash ]

fusion
05-29-2006, 12:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/vault-slab.jpg

ithastabeshasta
05-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Well I am not a Pepsi fan nor a coke fan, I prefer Sun Drop to Mountain Dew or Vault. I live just north of Eagan Coca Cola's territory and I have never seen anyone drinking Vault in this area, beside's my son who thinks it is great. Out dated 20 oz are in the cooler of the C-store I stop at 3 times a week. But then again Mello Yello is still available in this market too. Not sure how that is, but my wife brought some home last week.

Dewman1979
06-03-2006, 10:08 PM
vault is doing poorly here

Doug
06-04-2006, 04:37 PM
vault is doing poorly here Another biased comment...

SURGE
06-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Finally more solid numbers availible. Here is a report brought to us by one of our blog team over at VaultKicks.org- Thanks Aaron! .

talked today with the Regional Sales Manager for Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated here in Columbus, Georgia. We’re a medium-sized town with 186,000+ people (year-2000). He reported that “Vault has far exceeded our expectations” in the Columbus, GA region.

He shared some useful information as to the sales of VAULT in the Columbus, GA region:

* VAULT is the 7th highest volume SKU in any Coca-Cola product packaging (including 20oz, 2-liters, 6-packs, 12-packs, 18-packs, etc.) in Columbus, GA
* VAULT is the 4th highest volume SKU of any 20oz Coca-Cola product packaging.
* Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated of Columbus, GA has sold over 61,000+ cases (1,464,000 packages) since inception (late last year).
* Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated of Columbus, GA sells over 5,000+ cases (120,000 packages) each month, with a steady growth rate.

If a medium-sized city like Columbus, GA can do it - anyone can do it. Keep buying and supporting VAULT and the Coca-Cola Company! Thanks to all of you we have this great product, keep it coming!

popologist
06-22-2006, 01:19 PM
so if vault is #7 for coke... i wonder what's ahead of it...

coke classic
diet coke
sprite
caffeine free diet coke
fanta
coke zero
vault?

.:.[S.H.C.].:.
06-22-2006, 01:35 PM
I havn't had VAULT in a long time but if I remember correctly, I didn't like it, not that my opinion matters anyway! lol

06-22-2006, 01:36 PM
"VAULT, Get To It!"

pepsidew
06-22-2006, 02:41 PM
i'm a pepsi fanboy - but i also give coke credit when they come out with good products - i just think vault is gross - and this is from a guy who drove an hour to get it when it first came out -

06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Good job pepsidew. I presonally prefer Pepsi over Coke too lol

Hollow Man
06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
And once again, the threadcrapping commences.

-HM

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Please, Vault has to sell good! I need to try it for next January!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by .:.[S.H.C.].:.:
Good job pepsidew. I presonally prefer Pepsi over Coke too lol I don't, I prefer Coke products soooo over Pepsi products...

David J.
06-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Well, the store I bought Vault 4 for a dollar is now selling it for 3 for a dollar so I bought like 15 bottles today. I even went in eariler and bought a Livewire and a Codered for a buck.

Intresting....

pepsidew
06-23-2006, 10:05 PM
i have been having fun lately checking out vault expiration dates from may :D

SURGE
06-24-2006, 12:37 AM
so if vault is #7 for coke... i wonder what's ahead of it...

coke classic
diet coke
sprite
caffeine free diet coke
fanta
coke zero
vault? That is exactly what I have heard- since all of those are top 10 (xept Zero which ought to overtake SM this year) I'm pretty impressed.

Obviously Pepsidew doesn't live or work in the Twin Cities- Eagan Coke says its their #3 20 oz right now.

iluvsurge220
06-25-2006, 09:57 PM
I love Vault. Today at Kroger, I chose a $3.69 12-pack of Vault over a $2.50 12-pack of Mountain Dew, because I love it so much, and hopefully I am not the only one out there that does this. Vault is so much better than Mountain Dew that I will buy even if I could buy 5 12-packs of dew for $1.

SaveCitra
07-04-2006, 03:53 PM
The only place in the area to get vault is at a Walgreen's 2 towns over. I have only had 3 bottles so far. I am pissed!

[ 07-04-2006, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: SaveCitra ]

01GTB
07-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Drinking a Vault right now smile.gif It's the first one I've ever had, and...it's pretty good. I don't really know why I have avoided it, but I guess I just never got around to buying it. Albertson's had 5 fridgepacks for 10 bucks and a ten dollar rebate, so I figured now was the time to grab a few.

SURGE
07-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Just wanted to let everybody know that we have started getting sightings of VAULT fountains. In fact I have a 44oz from White Castle sitting right here next to me. Kick ass!

Mr Zabe
07-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Sliders and Vault....spells for a great tasteing fast food meal. What a combination!!!!!!

I hope the Chicago White Castles has Vault too.???

SURGE
07-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Sliders and Vault....spells for a great tasteing fast food meal. What a combination!!!!!!

I hope the Chicago White Castles has Vault too.??? Ive got to say it is sweet to see and surely there will be lots of VAULT stickers replacing Mello Yello ones in weeks and months to come. I took a cell picture of the fountain but for whatever reason I cant seem to find my sync cable so it will have to wait. Basically it just has the logo off center and tilted a bit with the same background lettering and style as the bottles/cans. It looks flash though.

David J.
07-16-2006, 10:20 PM
I've been buying lots of Vault this summer, but tons of Monster and Mt Dew also.

I wish 1 liter's of Vault where in my area, because after a few gulps, a 1 liter Mt. Dew has no taste.

popologist
07-17-2006, 09:01 AM
if coke is moving vault into soda fountains, then it's taking this very seriously... and intends to take a bite out of mountain dew's market share.

soda fountains could double vault's market share by itself.

i hope we see a similar move with coke zero. ;)

David J.
07-17-2006, 11:41 AM
But how many fountains are going to have Vault is the question.