PDA

View Full Version : Root Beer

doulasc
01-11-2007, 01:21 PM
In Ohio all I see is A&W,Mug and Barq's root beer.
What ever happened to Hires,Dad's and frostie
root beer?

Doug

drpep
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Nothing. They are still around. A&W, Barqs and Mug are all part of the big 3 soda companies so they get the shelf space in the major stores.

fusion
01-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Giant Eagle carries Frostie. Dad's can occasionally be found at Big Lots.

NRGSLLR@
01-11-2007, 03:28 PM
You can find 32oz Dad's at Dollar Tree. Hires at Walmart and Target Along with Crush in 12oz Bottles.

fusion
01-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Wallyworld carries IBC, not Hires.

Hires is the rarest of the brands he mentioned in his area - I'm honestly not sure who produces them or where he could get them. But he could possibly find it at Jungle Jim's? I'm guessing on that...

BottleBoss
01-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Hires can be found at Weis supermarkets around here. I would like to find MUG cream soda though. Any ideas there fusion?

Blue Efficacy
01-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I've seen Mug Cream sold pretty much anywhere that's Wis-Pak territory, which is a healthy chunk of the upper midwest. But that doesn't exactly help you in Maryland.

And as for Hires, I literally know of one store in my whole metro area that carries it, at 5.25 a fridgepack. They also have orange and grape crush in fridgepacks for the same price. Made by ABC...

fusion
01-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Pepsi Harco carries Mug Cream in 2L in Harford/Cecil counties. I also believe that you can find it here in Delaware.

Mr Zabe
01-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Only because I so enjoyed Hires Root beer glass as a young kid,boy every Saturday at the YMCA I savored a bottle....even at $5.25 a fridge pack I would get one. smile.gif (Sorry for the run on sentence.)

Cheer-wined
01-14-2007, 02:09 AM
I used to find Mug cream in 2L at Redner's markets in PA, but that's been a couple of years ago.

Pepsi Americas in the Memphis area also carries Mug cream.

bigrich
01-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Hires is still produced by American Beverages in Ottumwa, IA.

SURGE
01-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
I've seen Mug Cream sold pretty much anywhere that's Wis-Pak territory, which is a healthy chunk of the upper midwest. But that doesn't exactly help you in Maryland.

And as for Hires, I literally know of one store in my whole metro area that carries it, at 5.25 a fridgepack. They also have orange and grape crush in fridgepacks for the same price. Made by ABC... I live in the area and I'm curious, where did you find Hires?

Blue Efficacy
01-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by SURGE:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:

And as for Hires, I literally know of one store in my whole metro area that carries it, at 5.25 a fridgepack. They also have orange and grape crush in fridgepacks for the same price. Made by ABC... I live in the area and I'm curious, where did you find Hires? </font>[/QUOTE]Andover County Market.

MSUSodaGirl06
01-14-2007, 06:45 PM
it's at jungle jims - got a northlake illinois ABC tag on it last i saw, but this was almost two years ago.

Blue Efficacy
01-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by BottleBoss:
Hires can be found at Weis supermarkets around here. I would like to find MUG cream soda though. Any ideas there fusion? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000328XJA/dealtime-gourmet-20/ref=nosim