PDA

View Full Version : Gatorade A.M.

iWrestle
01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
First off, I am new here. I have been viewing this site for some time now and finally decided to register so I could get in on some of these discussions. I am a wrestler, and as you may know wrestlers dehydrate and "starve" themselves to make a weight class. Well, when I get to drink beverages I do it like it's going out of style!

So to the topic I really wanted to discuss. I was at my local Wal-Mart Supercenter this past week and noticed a new Gatorade on the shelves. It was called Gatorade A.M. and there were two flavors (I can't seem to recall them). One was red and one was orange. Does anyone have any info on this Gatorade? I would like to know what makes it so different. Thanks

[ 01-12-2007, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: iWrestle ]

fusion
01-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Same base formula as Gatorade, but "tamer" flavors for consumption in the morning, hence the name.

I've seen it in 20oz 8pk, 32oz, and surprisingly, 64oz.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-13-2007, 12:13 AM
I imagine that these new Gatorade line is perfect for people with hangover... :D

jmur
01-13-2007, 01:36 AM
orange strawberry & tropical mango. i tried both yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. both had nice flavors to them. ive heard that a cranberry-rasberry version is upcoming? not sure if there is any truth to that.

[ 01-15-2007, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: jmur ]

MISTICman
01-14-2007, 08:14 PM
the only flavor i have seen so far is orange-strawberry, and it's pretty good. according to the label, it's supposed to replenish the nutrients you lose when you sleep.

Ron Swedelson
01-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I tried the orange a few weeks ago. Works pretty good, and is a more suitable flavor for the morning. I had a very brutal agility test for a local police department. The Gatoraid AM helped a ton.

Mr Zabe
01-16-2007, 04:03 PM
My local grocery store did not have Gartoraid AM as of last Saturday. smile.gif

IMO..Gatoraid is a sports drink and a medication. A few years ago,Gatoraid help me deal with a major electrolyte imbalance due to a medical problem. I drank Gatoraid a few times a day for a solid year. Gatoraid is awesome.

greg
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
My local grocery store did not have Gartoraid AM as of last Saturday. smile.gif

IMO..Gatoraid is a sports drink and a medication. A few years ago,Gatoraid help me deal with a major electrolyte imbalance due to a medical problem. I drank Gatoraid a few times a day for a solid year. Gatoraid is awesome. You could have cured that "electrolyte" problem by yourself by putting down the bottle!!! LOL

Just kidding.

DJ HawaiianShirt
01-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
I tried the orange a few weeks ago. Works pretty good, and is a more suitable flavor for the morning. I had a very brutal agility test for a local police department. The Gatoraid AM helped a ton. You might be giving it a little too much credit there. It's just a drink.

fusion
01-16-2007, 05:01 PM
If you drink it so much, you'd know it's GATORADE, not GATORAID.

Mr Zabe
01-16-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm guilty as charged. LOL I wish my spelling and grammar wear as keen as my sence of humor. LOL
No bad Karma smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Ron Swedelson
01-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Im not crediting the drink to passing the tests. What I am crediting the drink on is a mild taste, perfect for the morning. Personaly, when I have put up a hard work out, I don't like to drink anything too sweet, especially early in the morning, it makes me want to throw up. So by having this formula, I was able to stay hydrated, and recover from the run and events that kicked my @ss. No magic powers, just perfect for a morning when you need to rehydrate.