PDA

View Full Version : Snapple White Tea

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Has anyone tried it?

I think BevNET was spot-on with its review. Snapple is trying to jump into the white tea segment in their own "Snapple" way.

The drinks are way too sweet, almost syrupy. Just because the drinks' color is almost clear doesn't mean these are lite drinks at all.

The taste is ok, but not strong in flavor. Again, you can't just give it a lite color, lite taste, and not go lite on the sugar. (I use the word "sugar" lightly)

Has anyone else tried them? What do you think?

edit: Hmm, looks like Snapple actually didn't use HFCS in this. One would never be able to tell.

[ 04-25-2006, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: DJ HawaiianShirt ]

popologist
04-25-2006, 04:36 PM
what's white tea made of?!?

fusion
04-25-2006, 11:01 PM
white tea is made from young tea leaves.

I didn't read the Bevnet reviews, but I concur, the stuff is too syrupy! And the flavors are way too strong, and overpower the white tea taste. I was disappointed.

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Wikipedia to the rescue (again). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_tea)

Inko
04-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Considering we started the RTD White Tea Industry in 03, I might as well chime in.

I'm glad we trademarked "What White Tea Tastes Like" because people are going to get confused by this, Snapple, and other large company offerings coming down the pike.

One important aspect of this intro is the fact that they are entering a "premium" category, while the market, led by Inko's, is rapidly evolving into mainstream.

Therein lies the rub for Snapple.

Of course, a problem like this for snapple is just a hiccup whereas if we or any other newco entered the market now (in 06), it could quickly put us out of business.

I won't comment on taste of their offerings but I will give them kudo's for putting out a 16-oz drink at 120 calories. Who woulda thunk it from Snapple?

Lepke
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
INKO,

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Inko
04-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Lep:

I took flattery to the bank and tried to get a credit line.

Didn't work. smile.gif

Lepke
04-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Sorry INKO. I was trying to look at the bright side. I did mean it as a complement.
Looks like you got their attention.

Inko
04-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey Lep:

Nah, I appreciate your comment highly. I was just making a joke.

you da man.