PDA

View Full Version : Candy Apple Faygo?

wonkapete
05-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I tried one of these and it's good stuff.

Mr Zabe
05-16-2005, 12:52 PM
WOW......Double Yum!!!!
I will have to keep a watch at the Chi Town (Chicago) stores. I have been craving an apple pop for a long time. Thanks for the heads up.

Zabe

[ 05-17-2005, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ScottyLibido
05-16-2005, 11:51 PM
It was discontinued over a year ago, where did you see it at Pete?

mickstafa
05-17-2005, 10:49 AM
I got it recently at a gas station called "El Cheapo" (no kidding!). Very sweet, but not bad. Having never heard of it, I looked it up on line. I saw that for some reason the strange "rock" group Insane Clown Posse and their little fanboys were on the verge of rioting because this stuff was discontinued. They had some loyalty to Faygo or something?

[ 05-17-2005, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: mickstafa ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-17-2005, 11:49 AM
yeah. they're obsessed with it. you can bring faygo into their shows and you shake it up and spray it everywhere. they, irnoically enough, have been a driving force in underground sales of faygo.

Look In The Tunk
05-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
yeah. they're obsessed with it. you can bring faygo into their shows and you shake it up and spray it everywhere. they, irnoically enough, have been a driving force in underground sales of faygo. So, is that why you could find Faygo at Hot Topic for a while about two years ago?

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-18-2005, 09:21 AM
probably. faygo's vry good stuff. they constantly are trying new flavors. the candy apple flavor was as a result of a reader survey/suggestion box type thing where you could suggest new flavors. if yours was picked, your face went on the bottle and you got a year's supply of faygo.

faygo survives because of its price point and its flavor innovation.

wonkapete
05-19-2005, 06:52 PM
I got some from my local store. I'll go see if they have anymore this week. Must have been old stock.

ithastabeshasta
05-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:

faygo survives because of its price point and its flavor innovation. You do know that Faygo is owned by National Beverage who also owns Shasta?

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-20-2005, 04:33 AM
yeah, i'm no idiot.

but they'd get blown out by olde towne or anything else.

they have a lot of common flavors and then they manage to come up with other such nonsense.

shasta and faygo don't have the same flavor portfolios, and i've tried similar sodas, root beer to root beer, and there's definitely a different taste.

ithastabeshasta
05-20-2005, 06:24 PM
I didn't mean to offend you but some people just don't believe that Faygo isn't it's own company.

I will agree that Faygo and Shasta have different flavors as I like Faygo cola but do not like Shasta's. But Shasta does have some great flavors such as Strawberry/watermelon, Strawberry/peach and one of my favorites Tiki Punch.

glassbottlesrule
05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Being Motown boys we have to like Faygo Run. It's the bomb when it comes to cheap soda. Redpop and Rock-n-rye rule. Even so I would kill to get a few mixed cases of Towne Club. Those were the days.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-21-2005, 12:58 PM
towne club - now that stuff's awesome

the black cherry and the grapefruit were my favs

Look In The Tunk
05-23-2005, 02:09 PM
I found this stuff today at a Exxon station in Franklin, VA. They only had a few bottles left, so it was probably just old stock.

I'm drinking it now, and its really awesome.

shatteryib
12-30-2009, 12:05 AM
I have this stuff on eBay. While it was discontinued by the company, you can still find it in some places if it sells in a particular region. I can get it in Columbia, TN. That is the only place I could find it, though.

KingOfDiamonds
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
I miss being aable to go to k-mart and buy me some faygo :(

shatteryib
12-31-2009, 02:05 AM
I know you can typically find Faygos at Piggly Wiggly. Fred's usually carries them, but be careful: they are often expired.

yeahuno
01-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Kroger's and Sheetz around here sells Faygo here in WV.