PDA

View Full Version : Red Blitz Questions

iluvsurge220
01-14-2007, 06:15 PM
So, a few months ago I heard that Vault Red Blitz is coming out in March. Has it changed since then? Also, is there a certain day in March it will be coming out? And, when it does come out will it go nationwide or is it going to certain cities first, then everywhere else like Vault did?

golee1
01-14-2007, 06:24 PM
National rollout is still set for March. I don't know of a specific date, but I do know it will be 20 ounce only. If you have a Food Lion near you, look for $.69 20 ounce.

[ 01-14-2007, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: golee1 ]

Blue Efficacy
01-14-2007, 06:49 PM
A week or so ago I talked to the Coke merchandiser, he didn't know anything about it...

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-14-2007, 08:47 PM
golee, do you mean that the launch will be 20 oz only, or 20 oz only forever?

fusion
01-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Keep in mind that not everyone is aware of new products that are coming out. Vaultkicks really broke the news on Red Blitz - even before most bottler employees knew of it.

Sometimes I will talk to Pepsi guys about new products that are talked about on here. Depending on who I talk to, some confirm new items, some know nothing.

SURGE
01-17-2007, 01:22 AM
I hear around the 12th from the CCE contacts I have. It should be similar in most places since Coke is really eager to get this product out there (hence the quick dev. time).

CStoreCatMan
01-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I show Red Blitz will be launched in 20oz only sometime in March.

NRGSLLR@
01-18-2007, 05:44 PM
I saw it at a tradeshow this weekend in PA

arw1982
01-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Will there be a Red Blitz Zero?

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
hey arw1982, it hasnt been announced yet, but i imagine if it sells well enough there will be.

also, where in wisconsin are you from? i am from janesville myself smile.gif

arw1982
01-18-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm from the Madison area.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-19-2007, 12:07 AM
cool. cant wait for red blitz, i hope woodmans runs a sale on it like they did for vault.

cokepa
01-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I saw an empty bottle of Red Blitz in our garbage can at work today. It seems a little bold of someone (likely in upper management) that gets to try it and then puts an empty bottle in the can for all to see! smile.gif BTW, I also see there is Vault B.I.B in our warehouse now. So I am glad to see that. Sadly though, for many of you, Mello Yello B.I.B.'s are now discontinued along with every other package of Mello Yello.

SURGE
02-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Its really delicious. 20 oz only at first but who knows. I also hear that there will be a new advertising push. It may replace Zero in some places though Zero is doing fair in others. I do expect that it will be seasonal and replaced like Sprite Remix. Overall it is great and you can see the reviews that one of our members posted at Vaultkicks.org

Troy The Vault Drinker
02-13-2007, 12:46 AM
huh??? so red blitz is only going to be a limited time only product???
and mello yello has been discontinued ?? aiyaiyai

iluvsurge220
02-13-2007, 01:50 PM
They can't discontinue Mello Yello!!!!!!!!! Hopefully Red Blitz won't be a limited time only product.

SURGE
02-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Well I think Coke is taking a wait and see approach but unless it turns out to be blockbuster I think it will be seasonal- as a means of maintaining interest in the brand. Of course everything is on the table this early in the game. If the people dig it more than expected it will stay.

MY will be gone from all but a few areas by the end of this year. But in those areas it will continue to thrive.

iluvsurge220
02-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Hopefully, one of those areas will be my area. Mello Yello has always sold pretty well around here.

wonkapete
02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Have you tried to going to the Mello-Yello website lately??

>>Notice: This domain name expired on 01/25/07 and is pending renewal or deletion

iluvsurge220
02-28-2007, 11:18 AM
I've heard that Red Blitz has been found in Detroit!!!! Does anyone know when it will be coming to Kentucky. The stupid Coca-Cola site doesn't seem to even know what red blitz is so it didn't help me any.

iluvsurge220
03-01-2007, 01:06 AM
I just found Vault Red Blitz about 30 minutes ago!!! I was jumping up and down in the gas station, I think all the workers thought I was crazy! There was a cop there too, lol, but I don't care because Vault Red Blitz is awesome!!!!

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Red Blitz can be found all over the Lansing, MI area.

The BigTymer
03-05-2007, 04:13 PM
For some reason, if my dynamic IP is within a certain range of IP's at home (74.241.*.*), it says I'm banned. BevNET, could you fix this so I could post at home?

Anyway, back to the thread. I found some Red Blitz at my local Wal-Mart on Saturday. I would have posted it then, but for the reason above, I couldn't.

It reminds me of the berry flavor of Sprite Tropical Remix from a couple of years ago. But it's good.

fusion
03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, the berry smell is quite familiar.

78 at the Wal-Marts in my area.

David J.
03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I did some looking today, and none in my area.

bettyfizzw
03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
It's around the metro-detroit area.

Well, at least one spot so far lol.

hightyto
03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
ya he is talkinga bout my workplace, I can get ti for 50 cents.

And for anybody who wants to try it so bad, dont worry about it, seriosly. It is really not anything speacial, it elaves an awful taste in my mouth and it tastes, i dont know how i should put this, it just tastes kind of boring...

iluvsurge220
03-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I do think it tastes a lot like the berry Tropical Sprite Remix. I can't really taste the Vault in it that much, but I still think it is good. It looks good too. That red color is soo pretty!!

Tons O' Fun
03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I think it tastes like Amp Overdrive but worse. I drink it because its 4 for $1 here at Wal-Mart.

SURGE
03-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I agree that is similar to Overdrive though I do prefer it, and heck the price is right.

Tannerman
03-07-2007, 11:44 PM
http://steveandamysly.tannerworld.com/databank/2007/image_vaultredblitz1.jpg

I found this yesterday at Walgreens nearby in Chicago. Maybe it was just me, but I actually had a hard time picking out the actual "berry" flavor (http://forums.tannerworld.com/showthread.php?t=8491) in this drink. It tasted a lot like the original citrus version, in my opinion. Maybe I'm nuts, but wasn't too impressed. :(

wonkapete
03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Down the street from my house, they just put up this billboard but I've been in every store nearby and still no Red Blitz! I guess it's on the way...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l33/wonkapete/002.jpg

Splashofdew
03-12-2007, 12:06 AM
I tried Red Blitz for the first time yesterday and it's actually the first time I have seen it here in St. Paul. I could taste the berry. It has a taste I can't describe. I like it. However I don't think I can drink too many at once like I can with regular Vault. I kind of thought it tasted like those flavored Mello Yellos they had out a few years ago. But otherwise it was good. I think anyone who likes flavored drinks would like this. That's my opinion. I think it will do well this summer.

David J.
03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I went to Target... completely sold out! Regular Vault was about gone also! I went to Wal-mart and they where pretty darn low. I bought three bottles, as they where 78 cents.

Good stuff.

iWrestle
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
At the Kum & Go gas station here they had a whole stack of "buy one Vault get one Red Blitz Vault free" coupons. Needless to say that I grabbed a handful of them and have had my fair share of Vaults the past few days. I would compare the taste of Red Blitz to gummy worms, and I think I read where someone else thought the same. I like it very much and will continue to drink it.

upinarms
03-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Its good stuff. Tame, mellow flavor and much less intense than Code red. It has a more vague cherry flavor than CR Dew, also.

It is a bit like AMP Overdrive, but not as syrupy. I'd have it again, its darn good.

jacksmom
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I tried it about a week ago and I really liked it. I had a 20 oz. bottle (which is usually a lot of caffeine for me), but I didn't feel jumpy or anxious and I also didn't have a "caffeine crash." It just kept me going all day. I compared the ingredients and the original vault does not have any guarana in it - I wonder if that's the difference? Overall, a great job - I was expecting a "Code Red" type flavor, but to me it tasted a little more like fruit punch - very good!

SURGE
03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I went to Target... completely sold out! Regular Vault was about gone also! I went to Wal-mart and they where pretty darn low. I bought three bottles, as they where 78 cents.

Good stuff.

I was sckeptical about a flavor extension to a brand as new as VAULT despite my enjoyment of the Blitz. After talking to some people in th stores and trucks it seems my worries have been unfounded. A lot of stores have gone through supply much sooner than expected and shelf space has quickly grown to accomodate. Its to early to say for sure but Blitz is off to a very good start.

I agree it is less "intense" than Code Red which is specifically one of the reasons I enjoy it- its quite "chugable". And the MyCokeRewards is a nice bonus though it is expected on regular and Zero any day now.

Also some areas are seeing 1 liters of Blitz too which bodes well for 12 packs in the future.