PDA

View Full Version : The Release Of Mountain Dew Electrocution

RDOGG
05-18-2005, 12:07 PM
When is Mountain Dew Electrocution going to be released?

Please let Me Know!!!!

swanker
05-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Haven't heard anything yet from the plant where I work but I'll tell you when I hear word from here in NY.

iluvsurge220
05-22-2005, 11:34 PM
I don't know when it is coming out, but it better hurry. I was told it was coming out over Easter weekend which was almost two months ago. I started looking for it and never found it. I even talked to a guy who worked for Pepsi and he hadn't even heard of the stuff. Two months of looking for it and still haven't found any. I'm tired of waiting. I want to taste something new!

yankees26mlb
05-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Maybe its just not going to come out

Look In The Tunk
05-23-2005, 01:41 PM
This is me and my silly theroies, but maybe it failed the taste testing panel or something.

snapman9
05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
I just cant get excited about new dew flavors anymore.I think they have run there course.

Mr Zabe
05-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Once again I'm just giving my arm chair idea of how Mt Dew is being managed. I could be so far off the wall, I may look like a complete fool.LOL

My thought is that the new generation of Mt Dew flavors were not meant to be a destination but a way to boost original Mt Dew. let's face it for all of us long time drinkers, there is nothing like the taste of original Mt Dew.

The new flavors are not "engineered" to create a new Mt Dew flavor that in anyway matches the original Mt. Dew. My only guess is that Mt Dew wanted to expand their store facings to gain more market share on the margin and draw attention to original Mt Dew.

Just my two cents. smile.gif
By the way I had a bottle of Jarrito Pineapple
at my local fruit market. YUM....it was very tasty and the carbonation was good too.

iluvsurge220
06-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Well maybe that is true, but I drink livewire more than original Mt. Dew. I used to drink alot of pitch black too when they made it. If electrocution didn't make it through test marketing, don't you think we would have heard by now? Also, maybe you are right that they decided not to even try it out, but I don't think you can tell people about a new flavor that you will be creating, and decide not to even try. I just can't figure it out. It's fine if they decided not to try electrocution out. I just want to hear something about it.

fusion
06-01-2005, 12:46 AM
The last two Dew flavors, Pitch Black and Baja Blast also departed from the traditional Dew formula, and didn't include concentrated orange juice in them.

And bringing out new Dew flavors isn't going to give Pepsi more facings in the stores --- they'll have to cut facings from their other brands to fit them in.

I still wish they made Baja Blast in bottle/can. I'd buy it.

yankees26mlb
06-01-2005, 03:28 AM
Baja Blast was pretty bad in my mind

BottleBoss
06-01-2005, 09:20 AM
This flavor combination doesn't sound very appealing. I don't care if it ever comes out.

steveu
06-05-2005, 12:45 PM
I've tried all the Dews and liked Live Wire and Pitch Black. I guess LW is year-round now, right?

I'm going to be really pissed if other new flavors dont' get here. We didn't get baja blast ever in Mich.

guaranajunkie
06-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Baja blast is only in taco bell, but last time I went there the fountain machine was down with that flavor.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I think Zabe's got it.

Anyway, I'm quite the Dew fan, and Code Red is my absolute hero.

I very much liked Pitch Black and do like Baja Blast, but I can't get into Livewire, and I usually like orange sodas...

NewColaLover
06-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Steveu-

I don't know where you live in MI, but if you live near Chelsea, MI the Taco Bell there has Baja Blast.

Mr Zabe
06-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Baja Blast can only be found in Taco Bell restaurants. Pepsi and Taco Bell have an exclusive agreement for this flavor. I checked out Taco Bell's website and this was stated.

the saint
06-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Still haven't heard an actual release date all I keep hearing is "in the near future". I do however know that pitch black will be rereleased this year. It is going to be called "pitch black II" grape mountain dew with a sour bite.

jmur
06-10-2005, 12:57 PM
pitch black 2?....ehhhh. i loved pitch black, and so did alot of people...why change it? hopefully they will rerelease the original too. sour soda sounds weird, but hey - i might like it.

Dewman1979
06-10-2005, 06:23 PM
a sour bite? yuck.

iluvsurge220
06-12-2005, 01:32 AM
I loved Pitch Black and I am excited about the rerelease of it. I think that a sour grape taste would be very tasty. Pitch Black was good, but it didn't seem to have the same bite that other mountain dews have. Making pitch black sour would give it that bite, and I think that will make it even better than pitch black 1.

PSOmasterX77
06-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Go try the Darth Dew Slurpee. If there is a so called "Pitch black 2" with a sour bite, that slurpee is it what it's gonna taste like.