PDA

View Full Version : POM White Tea!?

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-27-2006, 05:34 PM
I just found this at the local Safeway.

Click here for pic. (http://home.gwu.edu/~hwalek/pom001.jpg)

It's POM Pomegranate Peach Passion White Tea. It cost about $2.50 (DC prices)

Apparently POM wants in on the white tea market too, although I believe this is much more a fruit juice than it is tea.

The bitter pomegranate taste is still very present, as well as peach and passionfruit juice.

The bottle is very strange. It's thick glass, 13 oz, and completely straight. I could use it as a raquetball container afterward. And the top doesn't twist off, it just pops.

Strange, but not bad. I have a feeling POM is going after POM fans, not the mainstream. I found it in the POM section, not the main drink cooler.

fusion
04-29-2006, 05:14 PM
I bought one today as well, same price, $2.50 at Martin's (Giant-Carlisle). I've never had pomegranates before.. But I agree with your assessment, it's got a bitter taste to it. It masked the taste of the white tea as well.

You peel the plastic label off the bottle, and it's a collectible POM tea glass.

[ 04-29-2006, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Look In The Tunk
04-29-2006, 05:26 PM
You peel the plastic label off the bottle, and it's a collectible POM tea glass.Oh, this time its in glass again? In the last year, POM has gone to plastic for its pomegranate juices.

I could drink POM juce every day but its way too expensive.

fusion
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
It's in glass.. but it's a glass! Reminds me of those collectible Welch's jelly jars that were also glasses.

Look In The Tunk
04-29-2006, 05:42 PM
It's in glass.. but it's a glass! Reminds me of those collectible Welch's jelly jars that were also glasses.
Oh! I thought it was in the trademark "two pomegranates stacked together" bottle.

But I see what you're talking about (I had to look it up on the website)

http://www.pomwonderful.com/pomTeaPeach.html

It's so like those Welch's jelly jars!

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-29-2006, 08:31 PM
The more I think about it, pomegranates are way too strong a fruit to mix with delicate flavors like white tea.

fusion
04-29-2006, 08:47 PM
I think everyone but Inko's should stop trying to make RTD white tea. smile.gif

DJ HawaiianShirt
04-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Well, if I remember, FUZE's attempt wasn't so bad. But to be fair, they're diet, so they don't fall victim to being too heavy.

But the only one I thought was good was the Orange Blossom White Tea.

Although it's still really not completely comparable to INKO.

POP
04-30-2006, 05:30 AM
The POM pomegranite juice comes in a funky shaped bottle. It used to be made of glass, however, they recently switched to plastic.

I've tried both, the POM white and black teas.
I didn't think much of the white tea, but the black tea was very refreshing. The packing for the POM tea line is very nice.

They are just a bigger version of the old school Welch's jelly jars.

Very cool, but very pricey.

Inko
04-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys. It means alot!