PDA

View Full Version : Brewing at Home

Romario
10-02-2003, 01:38 AM
Few questions,
A friend of mine, and Myself are planning to start making some soda at home and selling locally. We are not *Large* enough to start thinking about a local bottler, but that is something we will consider in the future-- right now we are students looking to make some soda at home.

What equipment is needed? We have brewed beer at home before with great results, will this work?

Also can anybody recommend some flavor companies they have personally used?

Any help, appreciated-- also hi to inko (hows the tea coming) and to soda sommellier, how's your wife and the guarana smile.gif bad news that supermercadobrazil has closed it's doors.

Xtrem
10-02-2003, 04:44 AM
Try Pro Liquitech on 502 266 7377, ask for Dave DeFoe. This is a great company and Dave is very helpful. Not sure if their prices will be too much for you though

Boris
10-02-2003, 04:59 PM
You can do natural carbonation like beer...But I don't like the dangers yeast pose, I force carbonate in 5 gallon corney kegs.

For a flavour company, try TFF, The guy, Yuri, Is awesome, He is from odessa and he has some good quality stuff...

Romario
10-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Okay great- I'm going to contact them shortly.

Anybody who brews at home, could you list for me everything I would need to get started?

Ie, type of keg, how many, what size, equipment for carbon (force) tanks, size, etc.. and a good place to get some of the equipement.

also does anybody have any experience using soda extracts? Taste? I want to make a drink that tastes good,.. you mentioned TFF i will contact them and do they also sell the ingredients-- or would i need to go to liduitech for that?

thanks