PDA

View Full Version : Roadtrip to Pittsburgh, PA - any suggestions?

sodadood
04-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi all - I'm taking a roadtrip to Pittsburgh, PA in June and was wondering if there are any independent brands or some different brands to be on the lookout for? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

reset man
04-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Pick up some Hank's premium 12oz. glass. Ordered some online and was impressed. Root Beer, Orange Cream, Highland Berry and Black Cherry are all great. Their Vanilla Cream is one of the best cream sodas I've had. I wish it was around here!

SplitLevelP
04-30-2006, 12:05 PM
well I'm in upstate NY and hanks is sold in my store in Utica,Ny.Come on down

fusion
04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
What is your planned route?

SuperAmmo
05-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Don't forget to take a whiz on Heinz Field...

GO BROWNS!

Like Cola
05-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Natrona Bottle Works is located along First Avenue in Natrona, PA in Harrison Township.

Natrona Bottling makes and bottles in glass, Red Ribbon Original Cherry, Red Ribbon Root Beer, Pennsylvania Punch, Champayno, Plantation Style Mint Julep, and two versions of Jamaica's finest Ginger Beer. Stay away from the HOT! whew!

If they are not open try to find a local that carries their stuff it's worth it!

Here is a great article on them from Rick Sebek from PBS ... he is the guy that does those quirky specials on Hot Dogs, Ice cream and anything else Americana ... check it out

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/pittsburgh/s_434772.html

Cheer-wined
05-19-2006, 09:05 PM
The Red Ribbon cherry is awesome. I haven't tried the others.