PDA

View Full Version : Better selection at 7-11 lately

Shatter
10-04-2003, 04:17 AM
It seems like 7-11 has been getting in a lot more of a selection of sodas lately, not just Coke, Pepsi, and Dr Pepper. I've been finding stuff like all sorts of flavors of Hank's in different stores. Today I bought a drink called Prism. It's a green tea cola made with Splenda. It really stood out on the shelf, in a glass bottle and a tie-dyed psychadelic label.

Is it only the 7-11 stores in my area, or has anyone noticed more diversity in their soda shelves lately?

Tim Kelly
10-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Prism sounds awesome! Where are you located?

fusion
10-04-2003, 09:31 PM
I think 7-11 is distributing a lot more through their own warehouses.. like the Hank's.

newage
10-05-2003, 08:14 AM
Yeh, saw them on the C-store shelf too....seems like the green tea sodas are starting to attract attention along with Steap and Cricket.....did try the Steap green tea raspberry that I found in Dierbergs, I have to admit that stuff was pretty darn good. Haven't tried the others yet...

Shatter
10-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Prism has a web site on the side of the bottle. www.long-life.com (http://www.long-life.com)

I still haven't tried drinking it yet. It has caramel food coloring like all other colas, but this one seems to be really dark.

drpep
10-05-2003, 09:32 PM
I found Brairs Root Beer at a 7-11 in Amherst, NY.

Shatter
10-11-2003, 12:52 AM
I found some more Prism flavors at another 7-11 yesterday. Regular cola, along with the Diet I bought before. Then they had a lemon-lime green tea flavor. I tried the regular cola. It's made with organic cane sugar and natural ingredients, which are a big plus for me. Then I tasted it. Uhhhh.... that's an odd taste for a cola. It's got an odd musty tea flavor that totally washes out the cola flavor. I couldn't finish it. The green tea added a kind of lime flavor to it, but it didn't work for me. I think i'll try out the lemon-lime later and see if the green tea works better with that flavor.