PDA

View Full Version : Culvers root beer

Mr Zabe
05-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Has anyone had/tasted Culvers root beer?
I do not recall if this has been asked recently.
There is a Culvers less than two miles from where live. I'm wondering if their root beer is worth the trip?

Has anyone had their pot roast sandwich?

Tks
Zabe

[ 05-05-2006, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

pepsidew
05-05-2006, 04:31 PM
i think their root beer is awesome - i loved it the last time i was at culvers

Mr Nethead
05-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Their root beer is decent. I get it quite often actually.

The pot roast sandwich is basically just a big pile of pot roast on a bun. Unfortunately, the bottom of the bun was a little soggy when I got it, so I used a fork and just didn't eat the bottom part. I was sorta disappointed, although the pot roast they used was really really good. Maybe someone working there was new... if they hadn't damaged my bun (LOL) it would've been an awesome sandwich.

Their sundaes and shakes are awesome if you're into that sort of thing.

Mr Zabe
05-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks much.
I will for sure try and eat there.

It will be for a root beer and a pot roast sandwich. YUM I appreciate the feedback. smile.gif

Chad.
05-05-2006, 08:40 PM
i love their rootbeer it is my favorite, and they have really good custard too, but i never really liked the regular food that much

killjimmy
05-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I get it when I'm there but I don't go out of my way for it.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-05-2006, 11:34 PM
i like their frozen custard, and their butterburgers... i havent tried this pot roast sandwich, i will have to sometime

Tons O' Fun
05-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I love their rootbeer but their ruben sandwhiches are even better.

Acheron
05-07-2006, 03:35 AM
I worked at multiple Culvers stores over the course of a year. Everything on their menu is awesome. Nothing special about the pot roast, though it is juicy and tasty. It comes vacuum-sealed and pre-cooked, and is just reheated in a double-boiler type pan.

And their root beer is a Culvers relabeled private brand, the name of which escapes me.

Mr Zabe
05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I just had my first Culver's pot roast sandwich and root beer.

The root beer a was very good. It reminded me of Dad's with just a small reduction of the biting after taste. I enjoyed it and will get it again.

The post roast was fair to good. It tasted to processed. It had a salty note that took away from the flavor of the pot roast. I end up putting ketchup on it to get it to tast to my liking. Next time I will stay with a burger.

The only negative about Culver's was that the food is pricey. The pot roast sandwich was sort of small and cost around $4.00. The bang for the buck seemed missing.

[ 05-07-2006, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr Nethead
05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Do you like root beer floats at all? Culver's float is pretty decent. Their shakes are good too.

thechamp76
05-13-2006, 05:57 PM
I have been told that Culver's rootbeer is a relabeled Rochester Brand. I believe this is a Cadbury brand that is used on the fountain because they can't use the A&W brand on the fountain. Has anyone else heard of this?

JACK
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
You are correct