PDA

View Full Version : Coke Celebrates with a new product?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I saw in the news websites from Spain that Coca-Cola will celebrate its 120 years with a new secret product that will be released WORLDWIDE during this week... is this true? :confused:

[ 05-08-2006, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-08-2006, 12:31 AM
holy! if it is true, that would be awesome

Doug
05-08-2006, 12:35 AM
How about "Coca-Cola C2 Zero sweetened with Splenda"?

Doug
05-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Or maybe they'll bring back the "genuine coca plant extracts"

I can see it on the news now:

"Coca-Cola's new 'Coca-Cola Classic Classic' is flying off the shelves at a record pace, as nationwide panic occurs in packed shopping centers"

"In a related story, half of America called in sick today"

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Here's a fragment of the note from Terra Spain (http://actualidad.terra.es/internacional/articulo/economiaempresas-coca-cola_espana_conmemora_aniversario_lanzamiento_8666 35.htm) :

Coca-Cola conmemorates its 120 anniversary with the release from Spain of a new product to the world.

Coca-Cola turns tomorrow (the note was released some hours ago) 120 years in the market, and it will release a new product worldwide to celebrate it, that until today it's keeping in secret and that describes it as the most important release of the last years...

[ 05-08-2006, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

yankees26mlb
05-08-2006, 12:57 AM
I think if they were going to release a new product worldwide, within the next week, we would know about it. All the bottlers, ect would know about it

Doug
05-08-2006, 01:01 AM
I googled a bunch of different things and could find nothing in English remotely close to what that Spanish site is talking about...don't you think someone on here would've gotten wind of it and tipped us off? I don't know, man..

Mr Zabe
05-08-2006, 01:03 AM
MrR
I translated that page. Gee it really seem mysterious. Has Spain gotten Coke Blac yet?
Here is the page in english.
Zabe

Present man
Economy/Company-Cocaine-Tail commemorates its 120 anniversary with the launching from Spain of a product on world-wide scale

Coca-Cola tomorrow turns 120 years in the market and to celebrate will send it to this week a new product on world-wide scale, that until now has maintained privily and that it describes like “most important as the last years”.

This launching of Coca-Cola, that counts with more than 400 refrescantes drink references, is added to other recent like the drink of fruit and green tea “V&T”, registered in the mark Nestea, or the version “blue” of the tonic Nordic Mist.

The multinational will remember of this form how more ago of a century, concretely the 8 of May of 1886, occurred to know in a pharmacy of Atlanta with their Coca-Cola drink, then sirope with extract of leaf of cocaine and nut of tail that alleviated jaquecas and cured the affections of nerves.

As of that moment, Coca-Cola, now the more famous trade name of the world, well-known by 94% of the world-wide population, became the most imitation product, as much the United States as in other countries.

Afri-Kola, Coffee, Candy-Kola, or most recent Mecca-Tail or Alter-Tail, is some of the imitations of the emblematic drink, whose life runs compares to the publicity, in “a always innovating” effort of communication, according to the company.

Concretely, the first announcement of Coca-Cola hardly appeared three weeks after its exit to the market, in the section of announcements by words of the newspaper “Atlanta Journal-Constitution”, with the delicious motto “Coca-Cola…! refrescante! stimulating! vigorizante”.

Since then, diverse stars of Hollywood like Greta Garbo, Clark Gable, Buster Keaton, Judy Garland, Loretta Young and Spencer Tracy have laid out the image of Coca-Cola, as well as Joan Crawford, who, peculiarly, would end up marrying with the president of Pepsi.

“Everything goes better with Coca-Cola”, “a Coca-Cola and a smile”, “Sensation to live” or “the spark on the life” are other mottos that the company has used throughout its history, until culminating this year with “the Coca-Cola side of the life”.

In the present time, they only know the formula and the way to correctly mix all the ingredients of Coca-Cola two people, who never travel together, neither they agree in such places, nor they eat plates such, nor they sleep in he himself hotel.

The secret prescription, denominated “Merchandise 7x” is kept in the Sun Trust Bank Building de Atlanta (Georgia), cradles of the inventor of the drink, John S. Pemberton, whose accountant, Frank Robinson, today thought that the two letters “c” corresponding ones to their ingredients (leaf of cocaine and nut of tail) would be seen well in the publicity and suggested the name of Coca-Cola, the word more pronouncing of the world, after “OK”.

Now Coca-Cola, that has 1,145 embotelladores plants anywhere in the world, is the product more widely distributed, to the power to be acquired in 232 countries, many more than the nations than integrate the UN. Every second 10,450 drinks of the Coca-Cola mark are consumed in the planet.

DISEMBARKATION IN SPAIN.

Coca-Cola arrived at Spain in years 20 and could be proven by very reduced number of consumers, and it would not be until the decade of the 50 when it began to be within reach of all the Spaniards, two decades after The Coca-Cola Export was constituted Corporation, devised to extend the system of embotelladores outside the United States.

In 1951 the first Spanish embotellador of Coca-Cola was created, the factory of Cobega in Barcelona, which today it bottles for Catalonia, Aragón, Baleares and the Canary Islands, and from which it left the first bottle produced in Spain by a local company, in March of 1953.

At the moment there are seven embotelladores of Coca-Cola in Spain that commercialize, distribute and sell drinks under the marks of Coca-Cola Company by all the country.

One is companies of Spanish capital, managed by industralists of the independent community in which they operate, that daily serves more than 450,000 clients and gives direct use more than 5,000 people.

The Iberian division of Coca-Cola, composed by Spain and Portugal occupies the second place in volume of sales in Europe and seventh of the world. According to the multinational, Coca-Cola is the favorite mark of 60% of the Spaniar

» Conoce Terra en otros pa*ses » Ayuda » Aviso e Informaci��egales » An?te » Pol*tica de Privacidad © Copyright 2006, Terra Networks Espa��.A.U

[ 05-08-2006, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Thanks MrZ. :D

As far as I know... Coke Blak hasn't arrived to Spain yet... the only country that has Coke Blak outside U.S. is France...

[ 05-08-2006, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

popologist
05-08-2006, 12:56 PM
i could think of better ways than coke blak to celebrate 120 years. lol

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
i could think of better ways than coke blak to celebrate 120 years. lol see: cane sugar

popologist
05-08-2006, 03:39 PM
i'm not following. what are you trying to say?

Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by popologist:
i could think of better ways than coke blak to celebrate 120 years. lol see: cane sugar </font>[/QUOTE]

Cokeologist
05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
Here's a fragment of the note from Terra Spain (http://actualidad.terra.es/internacional/articulo/economiaempresas-coca-cola_espana_conmemora_aniversario_lanzamiento_8666 35.htm) :

...that until today it's keeping in secret and that describes it as the most important release of the last years... So, "today" has come and gone (yesterday)...and no such announcement?

Mr Zabe
05-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Have we all been a victim of a wild hoax? LOL
I feel so used and dirty. :D tongue.gif :D :confused:

[ 05-09-2006, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-09-2006, 02:11 PM
The note from Terra says that the new product will be released during this week... so let's wait...

mr jones
05-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Its probably just a hoax or scam like Mr Z said...kind of like the release of Coke Blak. No, wait...they actually lanuched that nasty swill!! tongue.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-09-2006, 11:27 PM
False Alarm :(

According to the channel 5 of Spain, the new product is called "Aquarius Versao 3" (still I don't know what it is)... so maybe that means that this product will be released only in Spain, so... why the spaniard media said that the "secret" product was going to be released worldwide?

DANG IT! :mad:

[ 05-10-2006, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]