PDA

View Full Version : Most embarrassing Pop Moment

iluvsurge220
05-09-2006, 01:18 AM
I remember when I was in about 9 years old when they came out with surge, I really didnt know the slogan because it was new. One day I was coming home from the barber shop with my dad, and in the distance I saw a surge poster/billboard thing, and I said "Hey dad look, there's that new surge pop. HAHA look, the slogan says feed the fish!! Why would it say feed the fish, that doesn't make any sense?" Well, we got up closer to the sign and I saw that it said "feed the rush". My dad laughed at me for a long time and told everyone about it. Even today (10 years later) he still brings it up sometimes and I hate when he talks about it. What are your most embarrassing pop moments?

boodoo
05-09-2006, 10:33 AM
This is an easy one for me. I was a route driver for a local Coke bottler. It was Friday and I had been planning on getting off early so I could go camping. I drove a 14 bay tractor/trailer and was blasting through my deliveries like a mad-man. It was 11:30 am and I was through! All I had to do was drive back to my warehouse, check-in and make my deposit. As I made a fast left-hand turn to go under a bridge and enter the freeway ramp it happened. I was looking out my right-hand mirror and saw a full pallet of empty returnable glass bottles fall out! I had forgotten to close one of my bay doors. I threw glass and wooden crates all over the intersection! Total embarassment and shame were mine. And guess who pulls right up behind me? A police car with 2 cops laughing their ***** off. Well I had the last laugh because right behind them came a street sweeper who proceeded to go back and forth over my mess and clean it all up! All I had to do was pick up my wooden crates. No ticket for littering for me!

Hacksaw
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I've had 2 of them.

A couple of years ago where I worked then I has just openned a bottle of Faygo Raspberry. I decided to add a little sugar to give it some more zing. Right after I added the sugar I started to drink it. But the sugar caused the carbonation to go crazy, forcing me to run to the sink while while still holding my mouth over the bottle to keep it from spilling all over, right in front of my Boss!!

Then, there was the time I was having a can of Coke, and I didn't want anymore. I was walking into a Department store at the time, so I dumped it upside down into what I thought was a trash can. It was one of those old standing ashtrays, where the ashes go all the way to the base of it. So, someone had fun cleaning the Coke & ash residue out of that later! :D

[ 05-09-2006, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Hacksaw ]

golee1
05-10-2006, 09:34 PM
When Vault first came out I had to deliver it to two Food Lions on my pickup truck. I had the drinks in the bed of the truck, on top of a bunch of POS and other junk I had back there, but the bed had a camper top to keep the stuff in. Too bad I left one of the windows open on the camper top. I barreled out of the parking lot and was about to turn onto the road when someone came up to me and informed me I'd left quite a mess on front of the store. About 5 cases of Vault 20 once (120 bottles), scattered all over the parking lot.

PepsiDawg
05-12-2006, 08:05 PM
About two years ago, while delivering Pepsi, I forgot to close a bay door (alot like boodoo). I forget why, but whipped through a small parking lot used by car poolers, and in the process ran over a curb with the back end of the trailer. By the time I realized that I had dumped 5 cases of 2L, at least two different cars had pulled in and people were running around like crazy snatching them up. Needless to say I didn't attempt to fight them for it, and wound up paying for them when I got back to the warehouse.

Mr Zabe
05-12-2006, 08:29 PM
I guess you were lucky not to have dumped a bunch of glass. I guess, if I saw a bunch of 2 ltr Pepsi rolling on the ground, I would have been a looter too. LOL Fresh Pepsi. YUM!!!!