PDA

View Full Version : Coke with Cane Sugar

shadowlp06
05-09-2006, 05:09 AM
I was browsing along the board and ran into a post talking about DrP being released with Cane Sugar instead of HFCS. I have a brother that works for Coca-Cola and he swears that they are going to release Coca-Cola Classic in glass bottles made with Cane Sugar in the late Summer/Early Fall of 2006. He says he even has seen a sample. I take his word because he's told me about Vault and Coke Blak before it hit the shelves and sent a few samples of each to my house before they were out in stores. I hope he is right, from what I hear its quite a different experience with Cane Sugar in it instead of HFCS. ;)

jmyjunk
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't hold my breath for such rumors, though it is a nice thought.
Coke need to bolster it's flagship brand,(while Coke Classic is still it's flagship)
There is a niche market for Mexican Coke, and it time that Atlanta wake and realize that it's time for a cane/beat what ever real sugar version.
People know there is a taste difference from HFCS.
But again, I won't hold my breath until I see something concrete from the company.

Cokeologist
05-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by shadowlp06:
...he even has seen a sample...If he has seen a sample of the product, what is the working name?

popologist
05-09-2006, 01:19 PM
i don't really drink coke classic anymore--just coke zero and C2. but, if they came out with a sugar version, i'd keep some in the fridge for guests.

[ 05-09-2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: popologist ]