PDA

View Full Version : Barq's Floatz found in 7-11 in N. Texas(?)

Shatter
10-22-2003, 11:43 PM
I got gas at a 7-11 in Irving, TX a little while ago, and when I was looking for some Hank's sodas (didn't find any-they must have sold out) I saw in the Coke section - Barq's Floatz! The crown bottlecap said it was from Baton Rouge, LA. So how'd it end up something like 600 miles away from their bottling area? Not that i'm complaining, mind you. I just thought it was odd. I doubt Coke would go through the trouble importing it from Baton Rouge just to show Texans how much better Louisiana's Barq's drinks are.

Hey Boodoo, did you have a hand in this? Dublin, TX isn't all that far to drive, but New Orleans? That's dedication to quality sodas!

Okay, here's my quick review: First, great bottle. But unfortunately, the labels on the 3 I bought were a little roughed up. Anyway, on first taste there's a strong vanilla cream soda flavor, then I noticed a subtle root beer flavor. It adds up to a smooth creamy vanilla root beer. It does really taste like Barq's mixed their Root Beer and their French Vanilla Cream Soda, then tweaked the formula so they'd taste better together. Very nice and smooth.

Robot
10-23-2003, 03:55 AM
shatter

would you mind picking some up for me and shipping it out? I'd pay for the bottles and shipping.

or perhaps theres something you'd want in trade?

check out my website with what i have:
www.geocities.com/jaorobot (http://www.geocities.com/jaorobot)

Shatter
10-23-2003, 04:39 AM
Sure. They didn't have all that many bottles left, something like 4 or 5. I'll stop by as soon as I can and pick them up. I didn't pick up more than three tonight because it's the day before payday, and I used the last of my cash.

Robot
10-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Thanks dude! If you go pick up the last 4-5, I'll happily buy 1 or even 5, however many you want to send, as I doubt it will be up in Chicago anytime soon.

email me at jaorobot@yahoo.com when you get the chance!

thanks again!
-jim

Hacksaw
10-24-2003, 09:52 PM
The CC people around here don't even know about this product. :rolleyes:

Shatter
10-25-2003, 04:01 AM
After getting off work at Kroger (or as I call it, The Nightmarish Pit Of Eternal Damnation Where No Light Escapes And All Hope Dies - I know, as a nickname, it's kind of wordy. . .) I went and bought the rest the 7-11 had in stock, 6 bottles.

XLS_03
10-27-2003, 12:19 AM
It would be nice if this was released nationally.

Shatter
10-30-2003, 02:08 AM
I stopped in another 7-11 today, this one on the other side of Dallas (across the highway from Texas Instruments HQ) and Floatz had two facings there! I need to check out some more 7-11 stores soon. I guess Dallas CCE is trying to counter all the glass bottled drinks like Hank's and Briar's with their own product brought in from Baton Rouge. I wouldn't mind having a job like that, having to drive to Louisiana and back every once in a while. I miss that authentic Cajun food......

boodoo
10-31-2003, 08:28 AM
No Shatter, it wasn't me. Sounds pretty tastey though!

Robot
11-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Shatter,

send me an email regarding our trade!

I want to get some of thise barq floatz to try!

-Jim

Shatter
11-02-2003, 05:29 AM
I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.3, and my mail program has gone a little squirrely. I need to iron this stupid thing out first. I can't use it without it freezing. I'll get in contact with you as soon as I have it sorted.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-02-2003, 06:25 PM
shatter, what do you do at kroger's?

Shatter
11-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I work at Kroger. Man, I hate that job sometimes. The customers seem to get more ignorant on not only a daily basis, but hourly basis. Right now i'm just a glorified grunt. I'm the produce department backup manager. That is, when i'm not having to do the grocery department's job for them, or the floral department's job, or file maintenance clerk's job.

I've got my email situation sorted (had to switch over to Netscape Mail). So i'll drop you a line soon Jimmy.

[ 11-03-2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

ben
03-23-2004, 05:39 AM
scince were talking about root beer do you know if coca-cola stil boattles A&W now that coca-cola ownes baq's root beer