PDA

View Full Version : Everfresh or Welch's ?

SC Beverage Man
10-24-2003, 10:28 PM
In the 16oz single serve category which brand is the best to distribute ?

Thanks

fusion
10-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Welch's has the brand identity, and is available in PET and glass (not sure which you can get). Everfresh is part of National Beverage, which also owns Faygo (in case you didn't know).

Everfresh is a very slow mover around here.

They do offer a lot more flavors than Welch's does, from what I've seen on their websites. You could probably also have more control with Everfresh, since you really don't see it sold by anyone else, but with Welch's you see a lot of frozen/take home packaging in stores.

I don't know enough about the relationships they have with their current distributors to make a comment either way. I wouldn't think it would matter too much if you were the only juice available, but if you were going against MM and Trop, the Welch's name might give you some boost.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-24-2003, 11:10 PM
if i saw the two i'd go with everfresh, but that's because i think thsoe welch's ads suck and it's a redneck drink. everfresh's solid in the hood because it costs less, more flavor variety and it's pretty cheap so you can do pallets to like chaldean store owners or whoever's brave enough to own stores in your local ghetto.

fusion
10-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Good post. I bet the case cost on Everfresh is a lot lower than Welch's. Probably a lot of opportunity for a lot of "Buy X get X free" deals.

Ron Swedelson
10-25-2003, 08:25 PM
Welches dominates in the sales over everfresh here.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-03-2003, 05:35 PM
the case cost is a lot lower, plus you don't have the competition from welch's that's sold in frozen or in jugs. with everfresh, it's only in single serves and flavors like limeade make great mixers (and are readily used as such).