PDA

View Full Version : Northern Neck in cans

golee1
10-25-2003, 01:32 PM
Anyone know if Central Coca-Cola has plans to distribute Northern Neck fridge packs? I always enjoyed the stuff in cans, although I think it just tastes terrible in a plastic bottle, But when Central switched from the regular 12 pack to the fridge, Northern Neck disseapeared. Anyone know of any plans to bring it back?

Boris
10-25-2003, 02:02 PM
You live in staunton right? Well it can't be that different from here in richmond. We have cans,fridge packs,2 litres and 20 oz-ers

golee1
10-25-2003, 02:40 PM
we only have the 2 liters and the 20 oz right now

fusion
10-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Central's a bit iffy on NN. I know that they tried to sell it in their Hagerstown sales center, bombed big time. Couldn't give the stuff away.

MAC does produce NN Fridge Packs for Central and Northern Neck Bottling. I've seen them in and around the Northern Neck area. I have a few cases right here, as a matter of fact.

teamtitan512
10-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Central doesn't put it out of the Cumberland Sales Center, and they never have. We only have Seagram's. I don't know if Northern Neck is coming back in Staunton, I saw it last time I was there at Kmart and Kroger.

Richmond is CCE Mid-Atlantic. Staunton is Central Coke. Boris, there is a difference.

fusion
10-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Yup. CCE has a lot deeper line when it comes to half liters, and they have 24oz as well. Central only has about six flavors in half liter.

Central also sells Yoo Hoo and Moose in some of their areas. CCE just has Swerve (used to have Choglit).

CCE also pushes a lot more Dasani packages than Central. some of the CCE branches in Virginia have been buying Dasani Fridge Packs from CCBCC.

Also, Central's cans are produced by MAC, and they use the high-quality Riverwood boxes. CCE uses the cheap MeadWestvaco boxes. MAC also uses smaller pallets than CCE (84 cases per pallet versus 96 for CCE).

There are also a few other flavor variations. CCE has Valencia Light, and Grape Medley. Not sure if Central has Grape Medley. CCE also pushes Fanta, I think Central gave up on it a long time ago. I miss Lemon! :(

golee1
10-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Central had Fanta as of July...don't know if they were really "pushing" it or not (uphill battle?), but they had it. Financially, are CCE's pockets a lot deeper than Central's? Also does Central bottle anything for themselves anymore?

teamtitan512
10-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Central does bottling of 20 oz. and 2 liter in Hagerstown, MD. Central does not do Grape Medley, but did do Minute Maid Grape for a short while. Fanta is dead to Central. They tried pushing Orange, Grape, Strawberry and Lemon, but dropped all the Fanta drinks when the MM Fruit Sodas came of age. There is no Chocolate Moose here, and no Yoo-Hoo locally here, although I do see it out of other Central sales centers. I used to see it here, but it's vanished.

teamtitan512
10-26-2003, 09:56 PM
Here's what Central has in 1/2 liters

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite from Roanoke Consolidated.
Dasani, Minute Maid Lemonade, Seagram's from Richmond CCE.

I'm not sure if we still have Vanilla Coke or not, I've been in CCE territory a lot recently, and am having a hard time distinguishing between the two. There's not a whole lot of difference in product lines, but I think you will find more Pibb in Central territory than CCE territory.

fusion
10-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Yeah, Central only has the one bottling facility. They truck everything to their other sales territories. Even as far as their small territory in and around Williamsport, PA. All cans are sourced from MAC in Hamburg, PA.

How about 1 Liters? Does Hagerstown produce them, too?

teamtitan512
10-27-2003, 05:53 PM
Yes, Hagerstown does do 1 liter bottles. I saw the NASCAR ones here a few weeks ago.

Williamsport is Central? I was almost certain that area was Herbco, and now CCE.

fusion
10-27-2003, 08:15 PM
Yeah, Williamsport is Central. I was on a road trip last year, and headed up route 220 to Sayre, PA. On the way, I made some stops, and noticed Central product. I thought it was odd, too.. Until I looked and saw that they have a sales center in Williamsport. It's really separated from their other areas.