PDA

View Full Version : Pic-A-Pop

Sea bass
10-28-2003, 02:59 AM
I live in Canada, and am looking for any info on "Pic-A-Pop". Does anyone have info on the company?? I have been trying to start a collection. Pic-A-Pop was like the Pop Shoppe chain. They sold glass returnable bottles, you could mix and match a case of 24 bottles. It seemed that most places I would go, you could find a Pic-A-Pop outlet. They had some excellent flavors!! I sure miss them! Any info would be great!!Thanks. smile.gif

Android
10-28-2003, 06:40 PM
I never heard of them before! Sounds interesting.

I drank Poppe Shoppe products in the early 80's, some flavors were good, but many flavors were pretty bland, this coming from a kid who almost whose parents rarely allowed us to have sodas before this time. (so just about any soda was a treat.)

andy

Sea bass
10-28-2003, 08:27 PM
It has become more ineresting, I thought they were a Canadian company, but just found some pics of the bottles, and these ones were labled bottled in Atlanta!! The search continues!

sodadood
12-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Sea Bass - did you ever locate any more info about Pic-A-Pop? If so, I'd love to hear from you about it. I wrote a huge story about The Pop Shoppe a while back... it's over at the Soda Pop Dreams website, so you can read it there. Still looking for some background history about Pic-A-Pop if anyone can fill in the gaps...

Thanks,
Blair.

sodasommelier
12-06-2003, 10:38 PM
On the old bottles from the 1970's the Pic-A-Pop said "Winnepeg Canada" and "Deposit 5ยข". There used to be a bottler of Pic-A-Pop in Vancouver, BC but I am sure they used to make it all over Canada just like the Pop Shoppe. There were also other similar brands in Canada like "The Bottle Neck" of Kelowna, BC. I don't know a whole lot about Canadian soda but I remember on road trips I couldn't drink enough of the variety during the short time we were in Canada; they had such a great soda selection. It really helped to wash down the Poulet McCroquettes (chicken mcnuggets)!

sodadood
12-07-2003, 12:02 PM
I have a photo around here somewhere of an old Pic-A-Pop sign from Winnipeg - I'll see if I can find it and post it...

And that Pop Shoppe story can be found at:
http://www.pww.on.ca/shoppe.htm