PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. I'm addicted to soda..

Phire
05-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Ok I am drinking way too much soda.. I am starting to go through a 2 liter a day, I don't drink anything else except for soda and I can't eat most food without soda. I've become a chain drinker.. Basically I have a large cup of soda, urinate, and immediately after have another large cup of soda. I think I'm addicted to the caffeine.. I got a bottle of Blaq today and unscrewed the top and finished it in about 20 seconds. Anyone else addicted like me? I don't like the taste of diet soda, it taste like metallic carbonated water..

Lepke
05-10-2006, 10:44 PM
You are not alone my friend.
We all feel your pain.

drpep
05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Hey Phire you need to check out the posts from SodaAddict. Then you'll stop your addiction :D

BATBL18
05-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Sounds like one of the people from the movie "Supersize Me."

Mr Zabe
05-11-2006, 04:53 PM
My friend I feel your pain.<Said with a serious tone.> I have been there and done that as far as drinking non stop sugar soda pop. I fully understand how drinking sugar soda pop is like most any other addiction.

What has worked for me is to alternate drinking soda pop with a bottle of water. Don't beat yourself up. It took me awhile to adjust to bottled water. I had to find a brand that I really enjoyed,that seemed to help. My body was and is starting to have problems because of my soda pop drinking habits. So I decided that I needed to slow down.

After I finish drinking a tall glass of soda pop, I keep the glass near by and sort of baby sit it and suck on the ice. This way I can get at least two hours before I crave/need to drink more liquids. I then open my fridge and say to myself, am I thirsty and can a nice cold bottle of water tide me over till an hour or so and then drink more soda pop. By using this mind set I have extended my soda pop drinking intervals by at least 3- 4 hours.

Key, point, I never say or try to give up soda pop. I just try to drink it a little less often.
I'm not perfect. Sometimes I drink too much but on average I have cut back my soda pop drinking by at least 50% or so.

Good luck
PM me if you need to chat off the board. smile.gif

[ 05-11-2006, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jmyjunk
05-11-2006, 06:31 PM
I do understand what you are going through. It is not the caffeine that you are addicted to IMHO, but the HFCS. Before I get flamed on this point, the more refined sugar you drink, the more your body craves it. It just like fast food.

These days, I drink seltzer water, with lemon juice. The kind of lemon juice you get at Costco, that come in big liter jugs.
You get the fizz you desire from soda, a bit of flavor to get over that stark seltzer taste, and zero calories all around. Drink as much as you like with out the guilt.

Then, slowly wean yourself off. Moderation, and seek out cane sugared soda. Better that HFCS.