PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi and Apple's iTunes

SURGE
10-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Finally a promotion from Pepsi that might be right on the money. So heres the deal, apparently an ad feature Apple and Pepsi will be shown during the superbowl to kick off the promotion. 100 million free songs (I think) out of 300 million produced. Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Sierra Mist. So its a 1 out of 3 to get any 99c song on iTunes.
Obviously this one is a winner. Apple is currently #1 in online music biz (by a long shot). And Pepsi has the marketing muscle and product placement. In a sence both are also underdogs making it a natural pairing.
Though I like to be critical of Pepsi (they often deserve it) I do think this one is really a great idea. Too bad the brands that the caps are included on arn't better. Still the choice of any song out of around 400,000+ is pretty cool and beats the old Pepsi music ones with a limited list of a few (crappy) tracks.
I'd be interested in what others think about it.

[ 10-28-2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: SURGE ]

Shatter
10-30-2003, 02:00 AM
I'll give their contest a shot. Anything to fill up my iPod!

I'm not sure I could even use any winning caps to download songs anyway. I tried signing on to the iTunes store right after it originally opened, but they kept telling me my credit card info didn't match the bank's records. This has happened with a couple of other web sites before. It's just that I really wanted to get some songs, instead of having to pay $7 or $8 for a used CD just for one song off it. If I can sign on to the iTunes store without my credit card info, that would be great. I've cancelled my other credit cards and I refuse to get another one just for some music.

I hope the new promotion goes well for them. And I hope I can use it. I bought my iPod on clearance from Best Buy, and i've used it more than I ever though I would. I love carrying around my entire music collection with me, and I hope Pepsi's contest will help me feed the iPod.