PDA

View Full Version : How about Cherry Sprite?

doulasc
05-11-2006, 12:37 AM
How come Coca Cola never came out with
Cherry Sprite to compete with Cherry 7up
which has been around for 20 years.

Doug

fusion
05-11-2006, 01:06 AM
I have been saying for years that they shoud have done a cherry Sprite Remix.

popologist
05-11-2006, 02:25 PM
the market is probably so small that it's not worth competing over. but that's just a guess.

i was wondering the other day if sprite ever had a caffeinated version... you know, something to go head-to-head with mountain dew.

the saint
05-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Sprite and Mountain Dew are 2 completely different categories of soda.

yankees26mlb
05-11-2006, 03:03 PM
maybe just because they didn't feel like it

jblaviback
05-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I've allways thought a strwberry kiwi sprite would be amazing.

Mr Zabe
05-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I would dig it if Coca Cola could put out real awesome strawberry & cherry soda pop not based on Sprite. More like a Strawberry Crush and Cherry Crush combined with a slight tart taste yet with a bold fruit "Hello,I'm Here" initial taste. Maybe like a fruit punch minus the pineapple taste.
Gosh that would be so cool. smile.gif

popologist
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
i know that they taste different, but they're both coke and pepsi's best-selling non-cola beverages.

i mean, who says that coke's caffeinated, citrus drink has to taste like mountain dew (i.e. vault). they need to think out of the box for a change. instead of creating a mt. dew clone, they should come out with a new flavor/brand altogether. like, maybe create a hard-core cherry soda... or sour grape.

people who like mt dew are going to drink mt dew. instead of trying to split that market with pepsi, coke should try to create NEW markets (that applies to pepsi too, of course).

for the last decade, it's just been tit for tat, lime for lime, cherry for cherry.

boring.

Originally posted by the saint:
Sprite and Mountain Dew are 2 completely different categories of soda.

[ 05-11-2006, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: popologist ]

iluvsurge220
05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I agree. How about something different for a change instead of what you are saying. I love finding and trying new and unique pops. All I see at the store anymore is: Pepsi, diet, cherry, one, caffeine free and on and on, mountain dew, dr. pepper, 7up. Then coke(its million variations) sprite, mello yello, vault, and fanta orange and grape. Its boring when I know what is going to be in the pop aisle before Im even there.

David J.
05-17-2006, 02:58 PM
If Sprite came out with one with caffene, it'd be the next dNl. I can see it selling poorly, and be reforumlated into a new Vault flavor, and then sell well.

I can see it now.

Stacey
05-17-2006, 11:52 PM
I get cherry flavoring in my Sprite all the time at my local Steak N Shake and Johnny Rockets, yummy!!!!!

[ 05-17-2006, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Stacey ]