PDA

View Full Version : Surge & Rolling Stone Magazine

golee1
10-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Thought you all might find this interesting. It's from the November 13, 2003 issue of Rolling Stone magazine. THe article is called "Fatboy-Supersizing the American Teenager."

"Garrett is an unabashed soda fanatic, and his favorite is Surge, a sugary, high-octane, fluorescent-green soda that pack a little less caffeine than Mountain Dew. One twelve-ounce serving of Surge contains 170 calories and 46 grams of sugar, roughly the same as a glass of orange juice. Unfortunately , Surge, like all soft drinks, is sold mostly in twenty-ounce bottles. In a perfect world, Garrett would drink three twenty-ounce bottles of Surge every day. "One time, me and my friend drank an entire twenty-four pack od Surge in one day," Garrett tells me."

I didn't think Surge was still around.

drpep
10-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Lately I've been a little leary of what I read I Rolling Stone. I just do not feel some articles are 100% correct or true. The above mentioned article and the one about the guy with the big schlong come to mind along with one earlier this year about some slutty high school girl and her friends.

karks88
10-29-2003, 01:44 PM
Rolling Stone definitely isn't a great magazine anymore but hey any mention of SURGE is great with me!!!!

SURGE
10-29-2003, 08:14 PM
When they have Spears on the cover you know its gone to hell. But yeh RS has gotten a bit behind the times. The article I'm sure was written like 5 years ago in typical filler fasion.

ben
03-24-2004, 12:35 AM
i hope coca-cola birngs SURGE back

USF SPAMMER 3
07-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Me too!